ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2009-2010 A -Future Classics photos - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 31st December 2009, 11:05 PM
Rule Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
The tracklist is great, but these costumes are some of her worst I think. Some of them actually wouldn't be so bad if they didn't have an obnoxious hat or something. The best one is the white dress and that is something she has worn before. Also, a cage theme - again?!

Recycling a little is understandable. But lets be honest, Ayu recycles a lot. I wouldn't mind so much her recycling costumes if she didn't recycle the performances too.
It does get a bit tiring seeing some things performed like they've been before, but really, she does 2 major concerts a year, it's pretty hard to innovate that often. Not impossible, just hard.

Oh and I think the white dress looks like it'll be my least fav, besides the STEP you one. Her ballad dresses have been sorta bad lately. The straight cut of the chest and the small area of the glitter, looks like a weird baby doll dress.
Old 31st December 2009, 11:06 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ I would much rather see her just stand and sing with the band other than seeing the same behind bars thing 500 times or the same cutesy act or the same Shuya flailing around in the background with Ayu's face looking like she is constipated. Songs like 1 Love and Until that Day etc should be more scaled down songs to begin with imo and who says she has to do the same type of performance (ie laying on the ground) for Because of You everytime? It just makes it seem way to choreographed and less genuine to me. Of course hopefully I'll see the concert and still enjoy it anyways.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 31st December 2009 at 11:09 PM.
Old 1st January 2010, 12:30 AM
Initiate

^ I would rather her just stand and sing every once in a while, too. I don't get why so many people have a problem seeing SINGERS do nothing but SING, lol. >_>

^^ For those who don't know much about fashion (which, that's kinda me, but I do know this, lol), "baby doll" style clothes are actually a real thing. That's what Ayu's "maternity dress" there is, lol. But yes, I also agree that it's ugly. I think all clothes of this style are unflattering to any woman's body. >_<
Old 1st January 2010, 12:43 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

and when she's just standing there singing,people will start to complain its boring and so on =.="

Old 1st January 2010, 03:09 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ People exaggerate too much though with the "just standing there singing" - of course she wouldn't just be standing there. Some of her best ever performances have been when it is just her and the band.
Old 1st January 2010, 03:43 AM
too late Initiate

The costumes aren't too bad...

But honestly, the pink dress? I just know that's for the 'cutesy' part of the show. After AT08 I've just started to skip these parts as they really annoy me :/

Still, I'm sure the concert will be very entertaining

Thank you ownsarai for the amazing set

Old 1st January 2010, 04:10 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Some more pics I don't think were posted
Spoiler:

lol the under part of the alice and wonderland dress is like a diaper, the dress isn't as bad as I originally thought seeing it up close (but still bad). I like the hair now too, she pulls it off better than BoA imo.
Old 1st January 2010, 04:17 AM
Heartplace Initiate

I don't like the outfits. They look so tacky, and I'm used to tacky from Ayu's costumes nowadays, but these are just sooo bleh. And they have no color except that ugly pink thing. :/ Ayu can definitely do better.
Old 1st January 2010, 04:49 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
^ People exaggerate too much though with the "just standing there singing" - of course she wouldn't just be standing there. Some of her best ever performances have been when it is just her and the band.
ya.of course not standing there singing only.of course it will be like PCDL OVER-SCAR performance or something like that.but if she does that again,people will complain she used the same concept again and again,and there goes the complaint.
but of course there will have people like it and dislike it.just hoping that ayu did not mess up with her vocal,thats all.

Old 1st January 2010, 04:49 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
^ I would much rather see her just stand and sing with the band other than seeing the same behind bars thing 500 times or the same cutesy act or the same Shuya flailing around in the background with Ayu's face looking like she is constipated. Songs like 1 Love and Until that Day etc should be more scaled down songs to begin with imo and who says she has to do the same type of performance (ie laying on the ground) for Because of You everytime? It just makes it seem way to choreographed and less genuine to me. Of course hopefully I'll see the concert and still enjoy it anyways.
I agree. Stadium 2002 is a great example that it can be done, it's basically just Ayu singing and performing the songs to the audience without all the fancy gimmicks, repeated setups and the dancers compliment Ayu, they don't share the stage with her.. Shame she can't do that more often.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:31 AM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
yea, i like when she do a gimmick or use some props with the choreography and so on.but nowdays seems like they show her dancers more than Ayu not to mention her backup singers,lol..but it's really annoying when everytime i watch the show it's always shuya,gomi,zin or peco floating around Ayu.Ayu's the star not them.maybe for once again she could do a concert just her and her band.

that's why when i watch TA Limited Tour again i found it very nice and i just enjoy watching Ayu singing and not too many dancers in every corner on the stage
Old 1st January 2010, 05:34 AM
Two of us Initiate

Actually, I kind of like the Energize dress. ^^; It reminds me of Card Captor Sakura! Also, she looks really happy and her smile is really bright in those pictures... It's like she's letting the audience in on the joke. Kind of like when you put on dorky clothes and convince your friends to do it, too.

I usually don't agree with the people complaining... but I have to agree about the bars. I haven't seen the CDL yet, so I cant say whether or not it was pulled off well but it's true that I'm getting a little tired of them. I really like that time when she used her chair to smash through them, and I thought that was really cool, but I feel like she could do some of the performances without the bars. It's just a prop, after all. (Though, I don't think it can make or break the performance, as her vocals and general stage presence are more important.)

The Pride dress looks really cute, too! And the momentum one, as well. I really can't wait to see all this in action! >3<
Old 1st January 2010, 05:52 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
ya.of course not standing there singing only.of course it will be like PCDL OVER-SCAR performance or something like that.but if she does that again,people will complain she used the same concept again and again,and there goes the complaint.
but of course there will have people like it and dislike it.just hoping that ayu did not mess up with her vocal,thats all.
Performing your songs is not a concept; it's performing. If she really, really can't think of any new special concepts to put in her concerts I'd rather her just perform the songs instead of using the same thing over and over again. Instead rely on your own skills as a performer to draw the audience in. Even at CDL 06-07 people had the feeling of "this again" when the bars came out (at least thats how I remember it feeling there) and that was a few years ago now and she is still using the same concept again.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 1st January 2010 at 05:58 AM.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:52 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Her pink outfit reminds me of CardCaptor Sakura >_>
Its a little bit off.

The Pride costume is wow!
Very gothic!

The I Am... costume is kinda remind me of her remix album cover or the 2002 MTV Asia awards.

"From 2004 to 2011, thank you Ayu for sharing your wonderful music to my life..."

Old 1st January 2010, 05:54 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Well. some performances already have a "fixed way" of performing. Like Rule must start with the acapella, 1 LOVE must have the cage.

It's ok to re-perform these songs. at the same time, it's kinda hard to think of another way to perform the same songs.
Old 1st January 2010, 05:57 AM
walking proud Initiate

^ Why "must" they though? Ayu performed 1 Love on CDTV without anything and overall I consider that the songs best performance. Sorry, but for me these setups are just getting way way too repetitive.
Old 1st January 2010, 06:11 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

but CDTV and CDL is different type of performance.CDTV is not her own 'show' when CDL is her own show.this is why she's using more props and setup on her own show,IMO.

Old 1st January 2010, 06:16 AM
ourselves Initiate

that's why i always questioned this, "why,why,and why Ayuuu,you didnt have to do the same thing always" maybe this what she call Classic as using the cage again *sigh* for the encore outfit,i like it,rockish style! seems that Ayu is making a joke with that card captor sakura outfit XDD

could someone tell me where is the future element in this CDL?? i still cant see it now ^

still waiting to watch this CDL anyone upload it pleassee..

Last edited by AyuWorld; 1st January 2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 1st January 2010, 06:19 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nanakopy87 View Post
but CDTV and CDL is different type of performance.CDTV is not her own 'show' when CDL is her own show.this is why she's using more props and setup on her own show,IMO.
Yes, that may be why, but what I'm saying is that she doesn't "have" to - she is not being forced to perform certain songs only certain ways. There are always options and like I said if she can't think of a good option that's new then just perform the song straight - at least half the time it comes out more memorable that way anyways.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 1st January 2010 at 06:22 AM.
Old 1st January 2010, 06:26 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Yes, that may be why, but what I'm saying is that she doesn't "have" to - she is not being forced to perform certain songs only certain ways. There are always options and like I said if she can't think of a good option that's new then just perform the song straight - at least half the time it comes out more memorable that way anyways.
ya.this is true also.but since this is future classic,which might meaning that the songs and the way she performed will be a classic in the future.so she's re-using the cage and so on?guess only she knows

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, countdown live 2009-2010, hamasaki