How Is That Considered OT? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 9th May 2008, 02:08 AM
KaoriNeko

How Is That Considered OT?

http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showthread.php?t=73655
How is that OT Chat?
Luv and I were very on topic, it wasn't any kind of spam at all.
Can one of the mods please tell me why this was moved to the trash can?

Old 9th May 2008, 11:40 AM
Because of You Initiate

That seemed very spammy to me. I couldn't even tell what thread it was supposed to be from. That is a problem. I really don't see the big surprise here :\

Old 9th May 2008, 12:19 PM
Daybreak Initiate

well, it turned into a one to one convo didn't it. imo, shouldn't be called ot, should be named "take it to pm/im" but i have no rights to talk because i love those chats. and i do that often >_> at least you two are still partly talking about se7en meh it's up to mods
Old 9th May 2008, 05:57 PM
winding road Initiate

mm i agree with you kn. i was like "ot.. really..?" when i read that, lol. =/
Old 9th May 2008, 08:19 PM
KaoriNeko

I don't think it was OT at all. Only reason that it seemed like a one-on-one convo was because the people who usually post in the Se7en thread didn't post in there. I don't see how it's considered OT when we were discussing Se7en's chances of breaking into the African-American community with his music. How is that off topic in a Se7en thread?

Plus, why would I spam when I made a whole thread on how the Kuu thread spam should stop?
Old 9th May 2008, 08:21 PM
Banned

*looks in teh Se7en thread*

Wut in da world? Okay, we were talking about Se7en and yet our post were thrown in the garbage. How is that off-topic? Was it because me and kay were the only two talking about Rain...oops I mean Se7en? I seriously wanna know because if that's teh case, most of those ayu threads need to be checked (especially in the Ayu-chat room) as well. I've never seen so much OT posts since I've been on here....more than what's in the kuu thread.

@Kaori: I don't get it either. I need someone to redefine what SPAM mean? It's really getting on my nerve that just about every post on here is considered SPAM.

Last edited by Luv ~Venus~; 9th May 2008 at 08:26 PM.
Old 9th May 2008, 11:53 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Seemed a bit like spam to me.
Old 11th May 2008, 05:39 PM
Together When... H-Initiate

That portion of the thread was reported as "spam". While the conversation was not necessarily spam/OT, we discourage initiates from using the forum as a private chat-room (according to AHS Forum Etiquette point 11).
Old 12th May 2008, 02:22 AM
KaoriNeko

It wasn't really like a private chat...we were just discussing his chances of getting into the US Market.

I just don't understand what mods consider spam or off topic because some of my posts in the Kuu thread were just trashed when I felt that I was on topic. I don't understand.
Old 12th May 2008, 04:07 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by KaoriNeko View Post
It wasn't really like a private chat...we were just discussing his chances of getting into the US Market.

I just don't understand what mods consider spam or off topic because some of my posts in the Kuu thread were just trashed when I felt that I was on topic. I don't understand.
Well, it did seem like a private chat at the point when Luv ~Venus~ said she had to study and would talk to you later (or something like that).
Old 12th May 2008, 08:27 PM
Initiate

Sure, you were discussing Se7en's chances of being popular amongst a certain community but you also specifically called it out to Luv, and by taking a look at a few of your other posts it really just seems like you cast out the conversation to her only. Basically that's something that you'd see in an IM. IMHO the topic of conversation was legit but the way you two went about it doesn't seem to be.

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."