[Official Message] ayumi hamasaki COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 8th November 2016, 03:11 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Maybe, but it would be problematic for people to return home and also to go to bed relatively early.
It would only end up being a late show on the last date and it's new years eve. Trains run later and in Tokyo most people end up staying up all night anyway, so it really wouldn't be much of a difference.
Old 8th November 2016, 03:56 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
she don't have new fans %)

maybe people prefer to enter to fanclub during tour? There is always some kind of benefits for new members at the venue
Does it count that I became her fan last year?

Old 8th November 2016, 04:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tio/Tayumi View Post
Does it count that I became her fan last year?
No.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 8th November 2016, 05:42 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
No.
Well, but it's still not like she doesn't get new fans... It might be a very small number but I guess you know what I mean!

Old 8th November 2016, 07:15 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Well, but it's still not like she doesn't get new fans... It might be a very small number but I guess you know what I mean!
She probably is always getting new fans, even if it wasn't tons of them... It's not like her audience looks like to be all on their 40's or something ^^

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th November 2016, 07:28 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
She probably is always getting new fans, even if it wasn't tons of them... It's not like her audience looks like to be all on their 40's or something ^^
Right!!!

Old 8th November 2016, 08:48 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
I even think that her audience is looking quite young. Most of them are probably in their twenties, but I also saw a lot of teenagers... I think getting new fans is not the problem, but losing her old ones.
Old 8th November 2016, 09:36 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SayukiChoco View Post
I even think that her audience is looking quite young. Most of them are probably in their twenties, but I also saw a lot of teenagers... I think getting new fans is not the problem, but losing her old ones.
I guess it's because when new fans get into Ayu with e.g. M(A)DE IN JAPAN and other new stuff, they fell in love with new Ayu and not with 2000's Ayu (at least at the beginning). Even if they don't like her old music they can be like "well now she does cool music" etc. and follow her from that point of her career. As from what I know many of her old fans have "outgrown" her and don't like the recent music because it's not the Ayu they fell in love with. Tbh with me as a young and back then new fan I first just liked my name's WOMEN and new stuff but then after I got warm with them I fell in love with nearly all her songs no matter how old! Like SIGNAL is just WOW for example. Sorry for going a bit off topic here...

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 8th November 2016 at 09:43 PM.
Old 9th November 2016, 03:00 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Quote:
I guess it's because when new fans get into Ayu with e.g. M(A)DE IN JAPAN and other new stuff, they fell in love with new Ayu and not with 2000's Ayu (at least at the beginning). Even if they don't like her old music they can be like "well now she does cool music" etc. and follow her from that point of her career. As from what I know many of her old fans have "outgrown" her and don't like the recent music because it's not the Ayu they fell in love with. Tbh with me as a young and back then new fan I first just liked my name's WOMEN and new stuff but then after I got warm with them I fell in love with nearly all her songs no matter how old! Like SIGNAL is just WOW for example. Sorry for going a bit off topic here...
What? I think is completely the opposite. When I attended the M(A)de in Japan tour the audience was quite... middle age. People her age. I was even surprised to see people around 50.
Old 9th November 2016, 03:32 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtman2002 View Post
What? I think is completely the opposite. When I attended the M(A)de in Japan tour the audience was quite... middle age. People her age. I was even surprised to see people around 50.
I don't get what you want to say with that! I meant it as she gets some new fans an loses many old with her current music etc.. But of course the most of her fans are her "hardcore" fans since years... Like I didn't mean it as she has tons of new fans, though from the footages the fans look quite young! But I agree with fans getting more and more quiet... Like on CdM DVD during GAME there was like nearly no screaming for such a great perfomance...

Old 9th November 2016, 04:52 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by krtman2002 View Post
Lol, really! I'm 26 and I felt so old, especially in Sapporo.
Old 9th November 2016, 05:07 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I don't get what you want to say with that! I meant it as she gets some new fans an loses many old with her current music etc.. But of course the most of her fans are her "hardcore" fans since years... Like I didn't mean it as she has tons of new fans, though from the footages the fans look quite young! But I agree with fans getting more and more quiet... Like on CdM DVD during GAME there was like nearly no screaming for such a great perfomance...
Both GAME and BRILLIANTE were followed by loud applause though. Was there for both. When ayu is performing the Japanese tend to remain silent and watch the performance until the very end.

There is a lot of both Japanese and other Asian ayu fans which are young. Her concerts do have a lot of people from different age groups as far as I've noticed.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 9th November 2016, 05:47 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Both GAME and BRILLIANTE were followed by loud applause though. Was there for both. When ayu is performing the Japanese tend to remain silent and watch the performance until the very end.

There is a lot of both Japanese and other Asian ayu fans which are young. Her concerts do have a lot of people from different age groups as far as I've noticed.
Back then fans freaked out for a "bang" during the show like if that's more impressive as aerial acrobatics, well time changes but at least she got big screams for Immature AT15 but I wonder if the GAME thing has something to do with knowing it from CDL because there people were louder... Nevermind! But did I mention Brilliante?

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 9th November 2016 at 07:35 PM.
Old 9th November 2016, 08:59 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Lol, really! I'm 26 and I felt so old, especially in Sapporo.
Although it is extremely difficult to tell Japanese women's ages. From my experience I feel that most of her audience is mid 20s at the youngest to late 30s. The majority being somewhere in their 30s.
Old 10th November 2016, 08:14 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Although it is extremely difficult to tell Japanese women's ages. From my experience I feel that most of her audience is mid 20s at the youngest to late 30s. The majority being somewhere in their 30s.
You're right. I think you can guess their age by their behaviour though. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of teens, the age from mid 20 to 30s is giving me more trouble.

Anyway, I guess the age of her fans is not really important. I didn't want to start a discussion!
Old 10th November 2016, 09:06 AM
opening Run Initiate

I agree, most fans are in their 20s and 30s. There are people of all ages at her shows. Both children and grandpas.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 10th November 2016, 03:37 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
You're right. I think you can guess their age by their behaviour though. I'm pretty sure there were a lot of teens, the age from mid 20 to 30s is giving me more trouble.

Anyway, I guess the age of her fans is not really important. I didn't want to start a discussion!
It's okay. We can have a healthy discussion about it. And I'm just speaking from my experience living over there and the general impression I have going to her shows.

I would be surprised if there were more than a handful of teenage fans. She really isn't popular among the younger crowds.
Like I said, judging Japanese ages is hard because from a western perspective they can look very young despite their age and usually Japanese women will change their attitude depending on the situation. Let me put it this way, I'm 33 and the majority of my friends over there are in their 20s/30s and I see them look and act like teens all the time (at least from a western perspective). lol. The culture of being "cute" and acting that way extends far past the teen years there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I agree, most fans are in their 20s and 30s. There are people of all ages at her shows. Both children and grandpas.
Yep, meaning that they are there with their mothers and their mothers are likely in their 30s. (the amount of women having children young in their 20s is pretty low in Japan)

Unfortunately she lost her appeal to teens quite some time ago.
Old 10th November 2016, 10:58 PM
immature Initiate

Going go Japan this year end and it will be my first time watching Ayu's CDL~ can't wait.

Instagram: Jalives

How tired I am of this unbearable distance between us. How I long for the toll of the recess bell. Have you forgotten me? Grown mindless of me? Tell me I am not writing into an abyss or that is what will become of my heart...
Old 11th November 2016, 12:56 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
Unfortunately she lost her appeal to teens quite some time ago.
Well, after almost 20 years of a career without stop, this is pretty much natural. It's very hard to find an artist that is able to keep their appeal with the teenagers for that much years in a row, and even Namie that is popular among the younger audience now had some years were as far as I know she wasn't well seen by them.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 11th November 2016, 05:08 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Well, after almost 20 years of a career without stop, this is pretty much natural. It's very hard to find an artist that is able to keep their appeal with the teenagers for that much years in a row, and even Namie that is popular among the younger audience now had some years were as far as I know she wasn't well seen by them.
Oh, yeah. Completely agree. Even Namie's audience really isn't that young though. But she has been able to hold on to and appeal to new fans in their 20s/30s with much greater success.
Closed Thread

Tags
countdown live 2016-2017, just the beginning -20-