[News] LOVEppears / appears -20th Anniversary Edition- - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 6th September 2019, 03:04 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
In a perfect world they’d have the poster plastered everywhere. I wonder if there’ll be promotion?
I feel it will be less than A BEST 15th anniversary...
Old 6th September 2019, 04:47 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I'm thinking about in going for the 3CD version since I still don't have the 1999 version of the album. I don't know what to do...
Old 8th September 2019, 01:27 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
But overtime her albums and singles became shorter. I wouldn't be surprised if we actually did get some tracks closer to the demos in the form of alternate versions, as it was pretty usual for her to release 2, 3 different versions at the same track back them.
I think you're right and there's actually quite a bit we know from the creative process and production from interviews and also other sources. I wish I could cite all of them here but I don't really have the time to make all the searches needed, sorry!

Whatever J version was clearly made for an album with a similar sound to a song for XX, whereas version M was a better fit for Loveappears. I'm not sure whether it was ultimately ayu's or her team's decision to change styles from ASFXX to Loveappears, but we know that ayu had a say in changing endless sorrow for I am... and making other last minute changes because of 9/11.

We also have a bunch of CM versions that sound like demos especially from MY STORY - (miss understood), compare step you CM and moments CM to the final products.

We know that Ayu and other avex artists (and other artists in general) will listen through catalogs of demo songs when choosing songs for an album or singles. Love songs was apparently a bit different though because she only chose songs composed by TK and I believe they were in a very raw state so to speak. She said soemthing about this in an interview at the time I believe...? Actually a very stripped down electronic instrumental medley of almost all of the songs on love songs was up on the avex corporate site playing in the background for a long time, which I guess could have been the original demos. So for that album ayu make lyrics based on just stripped down electronic compositions.

I'd also just like to mention the original sweetbox songs which I believe is the same versions ayu heard. No hate for sweetbox, but if we compare rainy day to every step, every step sounds like a demo version of an ayu song.

I'm honestly not so sure how much material ayu has laying around. I say that because she has clearly released songs she that weren't used for earlier releases (love again...) and she basically has to write lyrics for all of the songs and provides other input along with her extremely busy schedule which is a lot of work once she commits to a song. She is probably also a perfectionist (and the good and bad that goes along with that).

travel, art and food!
Old 8th September 2019, 02:24 PM
Initiate

Typically an artist will write a ton of songs for an album, demo a certain percentage of those and then fully record and produce a portion of the demos. For example if you write 40 songs, demo 15-20, 10-15 will be fully worked/released (the numbers are arbitrary, but you get the idea). Artists that have others compose for them will sometimes skip the first step and go straight to working on demos. Ayu has produced so many songs and released so many with multiple albums a year, it's entirely possible that she turned all of the demos into full songs and released most of them. It's also possible that there are ton of unreleased demos just from sheer quantity, that she decided not to release but it's hard to determine which situation it is. Probably somewhere in between, since she recycled material for Love Again, but I really wouldn't be all that surprised if she has very few unreleased songs that went to production. It costs a label a lot of money to fully produce a polished pop-rock song, like thousands of dollars for a single song, so if they never gets released it's a significant loss.

Last edited by AJFmzk; 8th September 2019 at 02:55 PM.
Old 8th September 2019, 09:13 PM
TO BE Initiate

Not sure if im getting this, nothing new on the DVD
Old 8th September 2019, 09:48 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ryusei View Post
I wonder why they never release like an unreleased song along with anniversary editions like this. I don't believe that she only recorded these 16 songs for this album. imagine how amazing it would be to have a new song recorded in that era.
I agree. I'm a bit annoyed when they just resell songs we already heard. At least give us something new and interesting. It's obvious this is just for the money and the wants of fans were not taken into consideration.
Old 9th September 2019, 12:43 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by *Petit* View Post
I'm honestly not so sure how much material ayu has laying around. I say that because she has clearly released songs she that weren't used for earlier releases (love again...) and she basically has to write lyrics for all of the songs and provides other input along with her extremely busy schedule which is a lot of work once she commits to a song. She is probably also a perfectionist (and the good and bad that goes along with that).
Personally, I believe that she has some material hanging around. Avex may have a Britney's "Original Doll" situation up their sleeves. But look, "It was" originally was planned for (miss) understood (which indicates for us that she works enough to have tracks left after an album get done). "It was" was reworked and it ended up on Secret. That shows that she reworks stuff and release it after but that doesn't necessarily means that avex hasn't a lot of material already recorded kept in their database either I mean she was responsible for 40% of whole avex sales for a long time when you have a "product" like that you take all measures possible to avoid future crises on your business. It's a big ? for sure.

From her side, she skipped the original photoshoot for the I am... So, she could have skipped a lot of tracks too besides finished material supposedly kept by avex somewhere.
Old 9th September 2019, 02:35 AM
Paper Doll Protector

I'm so glad I got my new job so I can buy this <3
Old 9th September 2019, 03:56 AM
ANGEL'S SONG Initiate

This is the quality of demos we can look forward to

Avex NEVER released this song, though it surfaced on YouTube

My first J-pop cover album is out on Spotify! Please check it out!
Old 10th September 2019, 10:13 AM
P.S II Initiate

浜崎あゆみの「懐メロ商法」が止まらない 「第2の黄金期」到来の予&

Quote:
歌手の浜崎あゆみさん(40)のセカンドアルバム「LOVEppears」のリパッケージ盤が発売されるこ とが、2019年9月4日に発表された。

同アルバムは1999年11月10日発売で、リパッケージ盤の発売日はちょうど20年後となる2019年1 1月10日。今年でデビュー21周年を迎えた浜崎さんが活動開始初期に出したアルバムが再販売されるとあっ て大きな話題となっているが、浜崎さんといえば、つい先日も、自身の過去をめぐる情報発信が話題になったば かりだ。

浜崎さんの半生を題材にとった小説『M 愛すべき人がいて』(幻冬舎)が8月1日にリリース。同書は、浜崎 さんが1998年にエイベックスからCDデビューすることになったきっかけとなる、同社の松浦勝人会長(当 時は専務)との出会いに始まり、松浦会長との交際、そして、1999年に別れに至るまでが記されており、浜 崎さんの「自伝」と言える内容で話題を集めている(著者は小松成美氏)。

浜崎さんにとって「転換点」となった1999年の秋

同書の終盤には、浜崎さんが松浦会長と別れた1999年について記した「第5章 Mとの別れ」という章があ る。「一九九九年。この年の激動の日々を、きらびやかな賞賛を、刻々と押し寄せる孤独を、私は忘れることが ない」という書き出しから始まる同章では、浜崎さんの楽曲である「Boys & Girls」「appears」の歌詞を掲載しつつ、「秋が深まっても、マサ(編注:松浦会長のこと)は部 屋に戻ってこなかった」と、浜崎さんと松浦会長が別れたことを暗示する描写がなされている章だ 。

秋が深まる......正に、1999年11月10日には、浜崎さんのセカンドアルバム「LOVEppea rs」が発売され、その売り上げ枚数はダブルミリオンを達成し、浜崎さんの人気を決定づけたアルバムだ。く しくも、収録曲には「Boys & Girls」と「appears」が名を連ねており、それを知った上で同書を読み返すと、同年の秋が浜崎さ んのその後を決定づけた時期であったと推測できるのだ。そう考えると、今回の「LOVEppears」の再 販売は、正に、浜崎さんの「転換点」となったアルバムを再販売するということになり、浜崎さん本人にとって 実に意義深い行為なのだということになる。

浜崎さんの再ブレイクは近い!?

そんな中、「LOVEppears」再発売の発表の中、浜崎さんが2019年4月6日と7日に行ったさいた まスーパーアリーナでのコンサート「ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3-」の様子を収めたDVDとBlu-rayが、9月4日に発売された。一連の情報発信が続く中での発売となったことを考えると、リリース時期を 周到に選んでの発売とも考えられるのが何とも意味深だ。事実、同DVDのフライングゲット日となる3日の1 8時台には、浜崎さんのツイッターアカウントがタワーレコード新宿店のツイートをリツイート。その内容は、 同店で浜崎さんのDVDの特設コーナーが設置されたことを伝えるものだ。

そこで、同店に足を運んでみると、ツイートで紹介されていた特設コーナーを7階で発見。コーナーでは時折、 足を止めてDVDを手に取りレジに向かう客の姿が見られたほか、一緒に販売されている浜崎さんの過去のアル バムに目をやる人物の姿も。ざっと見ただけではあるが、男女比や年齢層に偏りはなかったように 感じられた。

浜崎さんの「第2の黄金期」が、すぐそこまで迫っているのかもしれない。

(J-CASTニュース編集部 坂下朋永)
https://www.j-cast.com/2019/09/04366694.html?p=all

Need professional translator here for this article 🙏🏻
Old 10th September 2019, 08:04 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

My theory

Release loveppears, build hype for drama
Use loveppears songs within drama, release new song for tie-up
Release a best 3 with tie-up for drama as added bonus

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 10th September 2019, 09:52 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
My theory

In for it, if it means we‘ll get new material

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 11th September 2019, 12:18 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
My theory

Except they will probably end up using M as the tie-in song 🤣 and we can only hope they use a new one for the credits xD

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th September 2019, 02:43 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ aeternal for the drama credits would be great imo, it fits very well since it's the current Ayu reflecting on a past relationship that didn't work out lol

To me this release doesn't really have a good timing, wouldn't it be better to wait for the airing of the drama to be sure to have good sales?

arena tour 2016 ~M(A)DE IN JAPAN~ @ Yoyogi : 08/07 & 09/07
arena tour 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th anniversary~ @ Osaka-jô hall : 21/07 & 22/07
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2023-2024 A ~A COMPLETE 25~ @ Yoyogi : 30/12 & 31/12

浜崎あゆみ ~since 2009~
tumblr ; last.fm

Old 11th September 2019, 03:09 AM
No way to say Initiate

She should make a music videos for Trauma, End Roll, Too Late and Monochrome to mark the anniversary x
Old 11th September 2019, 03:22 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
She should make a music videos for Trauma, End Roll, Too Late and Monochrome to mark the anniversary x
Personally, I really don’t like the idea of making music videos for songs released long time ago... especially for ayu with the change of her voice and style.
Her ideas for PVs nowadays can’t match the mood she had back than.
Best example is the Duty PV which was released along with the Pachinko game some years ago...

concerts i've attended:
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.07
「ayumi hamasaki ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~」2018.04.08
Old 11th September 2019, 04:28 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Except they will probably end up using M as the tie-in song �� and we can only hope they use a new one for the credits xD
There’s opening and ending, as well as insert song possibilities

Also, goodbye my signature picture xD

Also the article is discussing how fall of 1999 was a huge, career changing time for her. And they’re speculating that this year could also be the turning point for her next big break.

They discuss the sales of the book, the re-release of such an iconic album, how people are stopping to look at her DVD at the special display and actually purchase it.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Last edited by tokyoxjapanxfan; 11th September 2019 at 04:34 AM.
Old 11th September 2019, 07:43 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

The Ayuready?ssance is coming
Old 11th September 2019, 10:30 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
There’s opening and ending, as well as insert song possibilities

Also, goodbye my signature picture xD

Also the article is discussing how fall of 1999 was a huge, career changing time for her. And they’re speculating that this year could also be the turning point for her next big break.

They discuss the sales of the book, the re-release of such an iconic album, how people are stopping to look at her DVD at the special display and actually purchase it.
I’ve seen a post on instagram talking about her 2nd “break”. I wish these things were possible, but I am not sure whether she even wants to make an effort.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 11th September 2019, 09:08 PM
Two of us Initiate

Does anyone know what the TA bonuses are? or are they the same as mu-mo?

Tags
appears, ayumi hamasaki, loveppears