[News] ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3 II - Page 13 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 11th April 2019, 08:58 PM
BEST Initiate

^ Hah, I wonder if placement in the venue played into it at all. You were in the seats, right? I was right up at stage, so it's also possible I got more of backing track because there were speakers by my head. That said, it was definitely not as good as 2015, but I didn't find it to have any egregious problems.

And I think she's always struggled with back-to-back performances. I never thought the actual night of CDL 04-05 recording sounded as good as the night before when I saw her. It wasn't hugely different, but I could definitely notice a change on some songs.
Old 11th April 2019, 09:17 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
^Her dancers really are getting better choreography latelu! About the vocals, she most likely was sick or tired, as she sounded way better on the first date, so I don't think this is how she will sound from now on when she is healthy.

And the B&D + Btb... combo was used before on both POMs
Quote:
Originally Posted by attractive nausea View Post
^ Don't worry it's not the norm, the shows I attended in 2016 weren't that great in terms of vocals because of the screaming but it was okay, however the shows I attended in 2018 had really great vocals.
Phew, that's good to know! I was starting to think this was the beginning of the end for her.
Old 11th April 2019, 10:06 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

So sad to read that she struggled with vocals on the second day. All the pictures from the concert look so good, that I'd hoped that this was a great show nobody would've wanted to miss it. I still think that these pictures show how gorgeous Ayu is, and how spectacular her show was. I love the costumes, stage, setlist.. everything! Then it is really upsetting that Ayu's vocals were bad on the second day. But she is doing her best! This shows proves that Ayu is creative and a living legend!

Old 12th April 2019, 01:36 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
You are right about CDL 04-05 - It's one of my favorite countdown lives, but she did lip sync at least Duty and M. She is lip synching to the exact same recording that she used at the Asia Song festival for M.
I wonder what was the reason for that in the first place. To let her voice rest a little bit, because she can't do a full show live? I understand why she does that if there's a dance routine or aerial stuff. It's interesting that there were cases when she rehearsed some songs live, but they went with lip syncing in the end.
Old 12th April 2019, 02:40 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
Spoiler:

21周年Party▶️3️⃣

#WhatWasUrFavOutfit
#さいたまスーパーアリーナ
#エーキューブ
#A^3
#4月6日7日

Photo by @masayukikamo
Her boobs are bigger than her head.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 12th April 2019, 06:19 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by holy_arrow View Post
Can anyone upload Duty track from AWA?
My location isn't available to install the app T.T
http://ayuangel.com/download/Duy_Liv...qyJFcEXdAgSwUo

I freaking LOVE IT. i havent watched the show. but OMG this audio gave me goosebumps at so many points?!
Old 12th April 2019, 07:05 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
http://ayuangel.com/download/Duy_Liv...qyJFcEXdAgSwUo

I freaking LOVE IT. i havent watched the show. but OMG this audio gave me goosebumps at so many points?!
Thanks! I wish it were stereo.
They did fix her voice.

Last edited by Chris85; 12th April 2019 at 07:13 AM.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:11 AM
LIMIT Initiate

^ this was 4.6, right? I don't have the videos to that song but it sounded a lot closer to the version I heard in the arena than the one that I watched online
Old 12th April 2019, 07:12 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggcw View Post
^ this was 4.6, right? I don't have the videos to that song but it sounded a lot closer to the version I heard in the arena than the one that I watched online
No, it's pitch-corrected vocals from 4.7.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:15 AM
LIMIT Initiate

how do they manage to do this even? she sounded like her throat was totally dehydrated.
Old 12th April 2019, 07:40 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ddggcw View Post
how do they manage to do this even? she sounded like her throat was totally dehydrated.
Filters and reverb, I guess. I noticed they fixed lyrics mistake at the end of second chorus - these vocals are from somewhere else, but the rest seems to be from 4.7, just edited.
Old 12th April 2019, 09:42 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Sigh I hope the covering tracks are from 4.6... It feels less of a lie since it's still from the Saitama concert
Old 12th April 2019, 01:01 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I noticed they fixed lyrics mistake at the end of second chorus - these vocals are from somewhere else, but the rest seems to be from 4.7, just edited.
I noticed this too great job, editors! holy_arrow also uploaded an AWA rip of this track on the Ayu Downloads page
Old 12th April 2019, 01:15 PM
End of the World Initiate

She sounded so good in 2015, does she just not have a vocal coach now? Or was the one just exceptionally good for her?
Old 12th April 2019, 07:33 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by relmy View Post
She sounded so good in 2015, does she just not have a vocal coach now? Or was the one just exceptionally good for her?
She took vocal lessons in L.A with Liz Lewis, but the issue with her voice is that she needs to give her vocals a rest and also her vocal range has changed since debut
Old 13th April 2019, 12:14 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
She took vocal lessons in L.A with Liz Lewis, but the issue with her voice is that she needs to give her vocals a rest and also her vocal range has changed since debut
I went back and listened to Arena Tour 2015 A Cirque de Minuit show I attended. There were many beautiful vocal moments, but there were tons of screaming and usual off-key moments as well, and of course singing out of her vocal range. A Song for XX sounded way worse than in 2013's shows. So in the end I don't know what her coach taught her, as there was not much improvement. I remember Ayu saying in an interview that the coach just said "wrong" when she was trying to sing, and that she didn't really explain much.
I wonder if Ayu is indeed surrounded by yes men, because nobody seems to tell her that she at least doesn't have to scream when she is thanking public/saying something to public, not to mention when she's "singing". No voice will remain the same after straining it like that for years.

Last edited by Chris85; 13th April 2019 at 12:19 AM.
Old 13th April 2019, 12:26 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
I went back and listened to Arena Tour 2015 A Cirque de Minuit show I attended. There were many beautiful vocal moments, but there were tons of screaming and usual off-key moments as well, and of course singing out of her vocal range. A Song for XX sounded way worse than in 2013's shows. So in the end I don't know what her coach taught her, as there was not much improvement. I remember Ayu saying in an interview that the coach just said "wrong" when she was trying to sing, and that she didn't really explain much.
I wonder if Ayu is indeed surrounded by yes men, because nobody seems to tell her that she at least doesn't have to scream when she is thanking public/saying something to public, not to mention when she's "singing". No voice will remain the same after straining it like that for years.
It's unfortunate that she hasn't fixed the screaming and off-key moments. People have been speculating her team is full of yes men for a long time, especially during Colours Era
Old 13th April 2019, 12:33 AM
walking proud Initiate

I thought she sounded infinitely better in 2015 as compared to '13. 11-13 were some of her worst imo.
Old 13th April 2019, 12:52 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

I still believe the amount of screaming most lilely has to do with her hearing...

About the "yes men", do you guys forgot the "lol ayu y u fat" issue?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 13th April 2019, 01:18 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I thought she sounded infinitely better in 2015 as compared to '13. 11-13 were some of her worst imo.
Interesting. Probably depends on what dates people attended.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
About the "yes men", do you guys forgot the "lol ayu y u fat" issue?
I don't recall that.

Last edited by Chris85; 14th April 2019 at 09:28 AM.

Tags
a cube, power of a^3