The recochoku Rankings Official Thread ~MOON/blossom & blossom/MOON~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 27th July 2010, 04:24 AM
Lelio Protector

4th Week Seventh Day - July 26th

chaku uta: #25 MOON ↓
chaku uta: #87 blossom ↓
chaku uta FULL: #9 MOON ↑
chaku uta FULL: #75 blossom ↑
RBT: #15 MOON ↓
RBT: #100 blossom ↑
Video Clips: #6 MOON PV ↑
Incoming movie clips: #7 MOON PV ↑
Incoming movie clips: #38 You were... PV ↑
Incoming movie clips: #68 Days PV ↑
chaku melody: #10 blossom (First Chorus ver.) ↑
chaku melody: #11 MOON (First Chorus ver.) ↑
Old 27th July 2010, 04:41 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I find it interesting that blossom is not doing as well as MOON. No where near it in fact lol.
Old 27th July 2010, 07:41 AM
rainy day Initiate

and blossom should be the doing waaaaay better.

1.) it's more of a summery tune
2.) it's not boring
3.) it's hella good
Old 27th July 2010, 08:06 AM
End roll Initiate

^Boring in your opinion, obviously a lot of people think otherwise.
Both of them are doing alright and I hope MOON get's certified.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:18 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by all.night.raver View Post
and blossom should be the doing waaaaay better.

1.) it's more of a summery tune
2.) it's not boring
3.) it's hella good
I don't get how you can call MOON boring but praise Days so much.. like I really can't understand that. (I suppose me saying this is just asking for another paragraph about how Days is the perfect song though lol)

I'm fine with MOON doing better, though I do like blossom more.
Old 27th July 2010, 08:27 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
I find it interesting that blossom is not doing as well as MOON. No where near it in fact lol.
That's typical for the coupling a-sides. Especially now that it hasn't had a PV.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th July 2010, 08:29 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
It doesn't have a Pv though ... songs without PVs generally don't do all that well.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:17 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I don't get how you can call MOON boring but praise Days so much.. like I really can't understand that. (I suppose me saying this is just asking for another paragraph about how Days is the perfect song though lol)

Lol! Do I really talk about Days that much? It's funny because it's true though - I do me some Days!
Days is just so catchy and the melody is wonderful. They really are opposites - Days melody and production just comes off naturally (ok, that's all I will say - don't wanna go on but no lie, I could probably write a paper on how good Days is, ha ha).
Old 27th July 2010, 10:27 AM
BEST Initiate

It's so funny because I feel exactly the opposite way about the two. Days bores me to no end but I think MOON is wonderful : P

Gotta love me some diversity!
Old 27th July 2010, 05:56 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:

LOL! Wow, Days kicks MOON's ass in my opinion (and You were... as well lol)! But MOON definitely has that "old-school" feel so maybe that's why it is boring to some. When I played it at my friend's house, she said, "Are you sure this is a new song? It sounds soooooo old." I couldn't stop laughing! It's always interesting to see what a non-fan thinks of Ayu's music.

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
That's typical for the coupling a-sides. Especially now that it hasn't had a PV.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Nackar_91 View Post
It doesn't have a Pv though ... songs without PVs generally don't do all that well.
You know, I actually forgot about the lack of PV! Now it all makes sense... I guess I just find blossom to be the better track, but the Japanese audience almost never agrees with us foreign fans lol. Thus the Days debate.

Last edited by jbrat2219; 27th July 2010 at 06:00 PM.
Old 27th July 2010, 06:49 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

I love both Days and MOON, I don't think either one is boring!

Days > GREEN and MOON > blossom, but I will admit blossom has grown on me a lot and I really like it!
Old 27th July 2010, 08:07 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I still prefer GREEN over Days, mostly cuz GREEN is a musical masterpiece, I think I equally like MOON and blossom, but I am leaning more towards MOON.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th July 2010, 08:13 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I still prefer GREEN over Days, mostly cuz GREEN is a musical masterpiece
Definitely!

At least, that's until BALLAD came along.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:28 PM

I still don't see how anyone can think Days>GREEN too lol. Like, what is so interesting about Days that makes it better than GREEN? It's certainly not the arrangement or vocals which are just so typical for a J-pop ballad and kind of bland. I'll admit it is great for a christmas song, but other than that I'd pretty much rather listen to any of her other ballads than Days, especially GREEN.

MOON is just so much more interesting to me than Days too. I think her vocals are a lot better in MOON and the arrangement keeps me interested and want to keep listening to it, when I listen to Days there's nothing in the song that I look forward to hearing.. it's just pretty much bland the whole way through.
Old 27th July 2010, 10:44 PM
No way to say Initiate

I love MOON and blossom so I'd be happy if either of them were doing well (^^) I don't rank ballads either, I just listen to them
Old 27th July 2010, 10:52 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
I still don't see how anyone can think Days>GREEN too lol. Like, what is so interesting about Days that makes it better than GREEN? It's certainly not the arrangement or vocals which are just so typical for a J-pop ballad and kind of bland. I'll admit it is great for a christmas song, but other than that I'd pretty much rather listen to any of her other ballads than Days, especially GREEN.
While the only thing that makes Days sound Christmasy is the arrangement, the song had somewhat beautiful one-sided-love lyrics and apparently many people could relate to it. Imo there is nothing extra-ordinary about it, but I guess it's different for people who can relate to it.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 27th July 2010, 10:54 PM

Quote:
While the only thing that makes Days sound Christmasy is the arrangement, the song had somewhat beautiful one-sided-love lyrics and apparently many people could relate to it. Imo there is nothing extra-ordinary about it, but I guess it's different for people who can relate to it.
Yeah I guess that's it, the lyrics are pretty sweet. I like the GREEN lyrics more though and think they're better too lol.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:01 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
I still prefer GREEN over Days, mostly cuz GREEN is a musical masterpiece, I think I equally like MOON and blossom, but I am leaning more towards MOON.
My ideals are basically this. More or less. I used to like days more (once I could remeber what it sounded like) but I easily like GREEN more. For various reasons including what njanjayrp said I guess
And I'm leaning towards MOON also. Lovely ballad. Blossoms a decent song though

But of course it will be likely not to do as well as for reasons alreasdy stated.

No matter. I'm always happy to see any ayu song doing well digitally.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 27th July 2010, 11:22 PM
rainy day Initiate

I will admit a big part of what makes me love Days is how Christmasy it sounds. Because I love Christmas time. Seriously I have a giant playlist on my iPod called "JPOP for the HOLIDAYS!" and come October/November I'm jammin' to that sucker! Ha ha. Last year I would not allow myself to listen to Days though until the first snowfall. But besides that, the melody is so bittersweet and perfect. Rather simple, but that's what makes it so perfect. MOON's melody to me seems bland/forced.
Old 27th July 2010, 11:27 PM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:

MOON is just so much more interesting to me than Days too. I think her vocals are a lot better in MOON and the arrangement keeps me interested and want to keep listening to it, when I listen to Days there's nothing in the song that I look forward to hearing.. it's just pretty much bland the whole way through.
Days is a sweet song. Very easy going and cute. GREEN may have a more complex arrangement and be more "interesting." But sometimes people just want chill music and not all that grandiose complicated mess. Not saying I don't love GREEN, but between the two, I pick Days. <3 But as far as which is the better song, that's up to the listener.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, hamasaki ayumi, moon / blossom, recochoku