[Acid Black Cherry] Live "Erect" in yasu's 2nd thread and his 5th Anniversary Live - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th September 2012, 01:01 AM

[Acid Black Cherry] Live "Erect" in yasu's 2nd thread and his 5th Anniversary Live

New Releases
Spoiler:

[2014.10.22]19th single 「INCUBUS」

CD+DVD

CD only

Special Price

Tracklist CD:
01. INCUBUS
02. CLOUDY HEART ("LAST GIGS" ver.) [Recreation Track] (Original from 1994 and performed by Kikkawa Kouji: http://youtube.com/?#/watch?v=O6S4cO2xRH0)

Tracklist DVD:
01. INCUBUS [MUSIC CLIP]
02. OFF SHOT

The Special Price Version is limited and contains only the A-Side Song.

About Acid Black Cherry
Spoiler:

Members:

Vocals: yasu (Janne Da Arc)

Live Support:

Guitar: AKIHIDE (BREAKERZ)
Guitar: YUKI(DUSTAR-3)
Bass: SHUSE (ex La'cryma Christi)
Drums: Jun-ji (ex Siam Shade)

ex Live Support:

Guitar: Chisato (PENICILLIN)
Drums: MAKOTO

yasu about the name "Acid Black Cherry":
(note: excerpts of the interview translations are taken from Kiku's Translations! Please have a look on this wonderful site for more ABC (and also Janne) translations.)
  • Why did you choose the name "Acid Black Cherry"?

It has to do with the overlying theme of my solo project, that being "eroticism". I thought that with such a theme, I could personally bring out my own, natural self in the best way possible. Of course, I plan to expand on this with both visual and melodic aspects. So, I chose words that would bring forth this kind of erotic atmosphere to use as my proper name for this project. Eh...also since the acronym is "ABC", too. (Laughs.)
  • As a popular alias, you go by "ABC"...it's like you're interviewing as a new artist (Laughs). So, we want to hear how you came up with that name.

Really, I was just messing around with words. (Laughs) At first, I thought, I should come up with a name that doesn't put me on the chopping block, so to speak, and that's when I thought that I should call myself something that falls into the erotic theme that I've been using. Somehow, the members of a band called "Black Cherry", with that sexual energy, would complete the vision, or something (Laughs)

Haha, it just came out of nowhere, then (Laughs). So, "c" and "d" are a representation of "cherry", did you mean it that way?

Yes. (Laughs) And then, there are words like "Acid" that we have, right? "Acid Black Cherry"... "ABC"...it sounds good in your head, doesn't it? Ah, yeah, that's good, I thought. (Laughs) The process was lighthearted like that. ABC, it's nice to keep it simple, right?
  • 生 crude, raw

There's nothing else that comes to mind to a guy when he hears the word "crude" than it, right? (Laughs.) My ideal is vulgarity! I think any guy thinks the same way when it comes to a steady girlfriend. Recently, I haven't been in love, or been to C yet, either...(Laughs)
    Eh?! Young people don't say ABC anymore?! In our day, A was kissing, B was everything that came after that, and C was sex. Man, even though I put it in my lyrics. Even though I made sure that Acid Black Cherry abbreviates as "ABC". They really don't say that anymore...eh...I feel the generation gap now...

Discography
Spoiler:

Albums
Cover Albums

Live Albums
Singles
  • [2007.07.18] SPELL MAGIC
  • [2007.09.26] Black Cherry
  • [2007.11.28] Aishitenai (愛してない; I don't love you)
  • [2008.01.16] Fuyu no Maboroshi (冬の幻; Winter's Illusion)
  • [2008.08.27] 20+∞Century Boys
  • [2008.11.26] Jigsaw (ジグソー)
  • [2009.02.18] Nemuri Hime (眠り姫; Sleeping Princess)
  • [2009.07.29] Yasashii Uso (優しい嘘; Tender Lie)
  • [2010.08.18] Re:birth
  • [2011.06.08] Shoujo no Inori III (少女の祈り III; Girl's Prayer III)
  • [2011.09.21] Pistol (ピストル)
  • [2011.10.19] Shangri-La (シャングリラ)
  • [2011.11.16] Chou (蝶; Butterfly)
  • [2011.12.21] CRISIS
  • [2012.01.18] Yes (イエス)
  • [2013.08.07] Greed Greed Greed
  • [2013.11.20] Kuroneko ~Adult Black Cat~ (黒猫 ~Adult Black Cat~; Black Cat ~Adult Black Cat~)
  • [2014.03.11] Kimi ga inai, ano hi kara... (君がいない、あの日から…; You aren't here, since that day...)
  • [2014.10.22] INCUBUS

Links
Spoiler:
Official Site

avex Official Site

Profile on generasia

Kiku's Translations - Janne Da Arc Translation Site - I love this site! It hasn't just translations of Janne Da Arc songs, it also features translations of all Acid Black Cherry songs and a lot of interviews with yasu. Especially the interviews are fun to read. I highly recommend "yasu no Saikin Donna Kanji?", it's a serial interview column with yasu from CD Data.

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 26th September 2014 at 06:14 PM.
Old 18th September 2012, 01:58 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

yay for 2nd thread & awesome 1st post you've done , good job !

omg never knew yasu is such a pervert in real life , especially with regards to the name of his & BREAKERZ's upcoming double bill gig Acid Black Cherry & BREAKERZ 5th Anniversary Live "Acid BREAKERZ Cherry 69 -sixnine-" too -_-

Acid BREAKERZ Cherry is already OK but adding the numbers 69 is so . I had no idea 69 had some hidden significant meaning until my diehard ABC fan wrote on her LJ

Dammit XD

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 18th September 2012, 02:14 AM

Yeah, yasu really is a pervert. I love reading his interviews, 'cos somehow he always talks about sex at one point... xD It's really funny. lol

Let's see, A LOT of his lyrics are about sex (with a strong liking writing from a female perspective). My favourites would be SPELL MAGIC, Black Cherry, Chou and Pistol. And not to mention tour titles like Live "Erect" and the one with Acid BREAKERZ Cherry 69... xD

And do you remember the interview you translated the subs to english? If I remember correctly he said out of nowhere that he is straight and likes girls?

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 18th September 2012 at 02:17 AM.
Old 18th September 2012, 03:42 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post

And do you remember the interview you translated the subs to english? If I remember correctly he said out of nowhere that he is straight and likes girls?
yeah I remembered that lmao . It was a YouTube clip he did for avex Taiwan xD

He was quizzed about Chou which's written/composed by him that he sang the song from a girl's persepective . I still wonder why he still has to add on that he's straight & likes girls after he made that comment -_-

likewise , the same thing goes for Black Cherry too

Ah birds of a feather all flock together , lmao *I'm pointing/looking at you too DAIGO & hyde ~_~ xD

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 18th September 2012, 12:23 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post

Ah birds of a feather all flock together , lmao *I'm pointing/looking at you too DAIGO & hyde ~_~ xD
(and I would add Gackt too... xD)
Old 23rd September 2012, 02:52 PM

Taken from the latest VAMPS FC magazine

https://twitter.com/cheerupdai5/stat...29668717461504

omg so precious ahahaha & who's sleeping right besides yasu ? DAIGO of course 8D xD

DAIGO looked like a giant wrapping paper for some reason

Old 23rd September 2012, 03:10 PM

Hahaha, love this pic! It's cute!^-^
Old 24th September 2012, 12:05 AM

yasu with hyde together

Taken from the latest VAMPS Time vol. 14 and some of it is about the HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA : HALLOWEEN PARTY's PV shoot

omg so can't wait to see the covers for HALLOWEEN PARTY now >__<

Old 24th September 2012, 01:08 AM

I also want to see the covers NOW!! Amazing pic
Old 25th September 2012, 01:12 PM

o_o

AVXD-32212
Acid Black Cherry/Acid Black Cherry Tour "2012"[Blu-ray] Blu-ray
6667 yen US$85/78.85 Release Date:2012/11/21
Description:Live Blu-ray from Acid Black Cherry features the concert held at Budokan on July 20, 2012. Contains private shots from the tour. *Included contents are the same as the DVD "Acid Black Cherry Tour "2012"" out on October 17, 2012 (AVBD-32205).
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=AVXD-32212

AVXD-32209
Acid Black Cherry/2009 tour Q.E.D.[Blu-ray] Blu-ray
6857 yen US$87/78.85 Release Date:2012/11/21
Description:Live Blu-ray from Acid Black Cherry features the concert held at Budokan on November 2, 2009. Contains a special video of a conceptual story of the second album, private shots from the tour, and more.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=AVXD-32209

AVXD-32211
Acid Black Cherry/2010 Live "Re:birth" -Live at Yokohama Arena-[Blu-ray] Blu-ray
5905 yen US$75/78.85 Release Date:2012/11/21
Description:Live Blu-ray from Acid Black Cherry features the concert held at Yokohama Arena on September 16, 2010.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=AVXD-32211

AVXD-32210
Acid Black Cherry/2010 Live "Re:birth" -Live at Osaka-Jo Hall-[Blu-ray] Blu-ray
5905 yen US$75/78.85 Release Date:2012/11/21
Description:Live Blu-ray from Acid Black Cherry features the concert held at Osaka-jo Hall on September 18, 2010.
URL - http://www.cdjapan.co.jp/d.html?KEY=AVXD-32210

Also

LIVE DVD 「Acid Black Cherry TOUR 『2012』」digest clip !

It looks really great >_< I can't imagine just how Acid BREAKERZ Cherry is going to be next Jan when it will take place

Old 25th September 2012, 11:55 PM

Wow!
But can't see the clip, because: "This video is not available, because it MAY (note: The operative word is MAY if it wasn't noticeable... xD) contain music of which the required rights are not conceded by the GEMA" (GEMA = [PRS for Music] [Br.] [Performing Right Society] <-- source dict.cc... xD). Yeah, of course Acid Black Cherry's music is played all over Germany... -.- Mostly EVERY J-Pop/Rock clip which is posted on ahs is blocked because of this...!!!!! >____< Ah.... will watch it tomorrow with a plug-in which unlocks those videos. But now I'm to drunk... I was returning from a concert right now and it's 00:54 in Germany right now... xD

edit: I hope my English is still understandable...
Old 29th September 2012, 12:19 AM

Just noticed (yeah, a bit late... xD) that Tatsuro (MUCC), Tsuchiya Anna, Wakeshima Kanon and Tommy heavenly6 will also participate at HALLOWEEN PARTY 2012 and will therefore be featured on the HALLOWEEN PARTY single. Yay!
Old 29th September 2012, 02:46 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
Just noticed (yeah, a bit late... xD) that Tatsuro (MUCC), Tsuchiya Anna, Wakeshima Kanon and Tommy heavenly6 will also participate at HALLOWEEN PARTY 2012 and will therefore be featured on the HALLOWEEN PARTY single. Yay!
lol I posted that info way back in the 1st ABC thread & let alone cross posted from the BRZ thread but anyway ...

HALLOWEEN PARTY will be released on 17th Oct under the name HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA

HYDE (VAMPS) / Acid Black Cherry / DAIGO (BREAKERZ) / kyo (D'ERLANGER) / Tommy february6 / Tommy heavenly6 / Tatsurō (MUCC) / Anna Tsuchiya / Aoki Ryuji / K.A.Z (VAMPS) / Hitsugi (Nightmare) / Aki (SID) / RINA (SCANDAL) / Kanon Wakeshima

Last edited by KarenPang; 29th September 2012 at 03:22 AM.
Old 29th September 2012, 02:46 PM

^yeah, likely I read your post but just forgot about 'cos of those many ABC news. xD
Old 30th September 2012, 01:26 AM

Guess who ? 8D

yasu looks stunning in his HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA promo shot . Downright bad ass to the max @_@

If not terribly scary ... looks like I seriously underestimate you , yasu xD

Old 30th September 2012, 02:50 AM

NOOOOOO... I wanted to go to bed right NAO!!! I'm afraid that I'm to scared to sleep! xD Where is my night light from childhood days? ;_;

Edit: This one would be cute: http://www.ebay.de/itm/Hello-Kitty-S...item2574ecd2c9 - yeah, I really searched for one on ebay... (^-^)v

Last edited by Chibi-Chan; 30th September 2012 at 02:54 AM.
Old 30th September 2012, 04:46 AM

HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA's HALLOWEEN PARTY covers

CD + DVD Regular

CD + DVD Limited

Fantastic if not downright scary in a good way

HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA group promo shot

Last edited by KarenPang; 30th September 2012 at 04:48 AM.
Old 30th September 2012, 01:25 PM

Finalised tracklist revealed for HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA's HALLOWEEN PARTY

CD Tracklist

01. HALLOWEEN PARTY
02. Penalty Waltz

Writing & composing credits

01. HALLOWEEN PARTY (作詞・作曲:HYDE) ; written & composed by HYDE
02. Penalty Waltz (作曲:HYDE) ; composed by HYDE

DVD Tracklist

01. HALLOWEEN PARTY PV ; directed by Ken Nikai

http://www.vamprose.com/halloweenparty/

Prior to before , the B-side title was not revealed ... until now & it sure sounds very Halloween in keeping up with the Halloween spirit x)

Can't wait to get my copy of the single in less than 2 weeks's time :3

Old 30th September 2012, 06:38 PM

The covers are REALLY great! Maybe I order also one when I got money.
Old 30th September 2012, 07:13 PM

By the way, updated the "New Releases" in the first post by adding the blu-ray re-releases and HALLOWEEN JUNKY ORCHESTRA's HALLOWEEN PARTY. ^-^
Closed Thread

Tags
a.b.c., abc, acid black cherry, akihide, janne da arc, jun-ji, shuse, yasu, yuki