[Utada Hikaru] ʕ•̫͡•ʔ Upcoming 2018 Album and Tour in the 57th thread ʕ•̫͡•ʔ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 7th April 2018, 03:59 AM
still alone Initiate

Did not really expect this.
But it kind of makes sense now. Looking back, their marriage seems kind of.. I don't know what the word is. They must really be unhappy to have a divorce even after having a child together. I wonder what they are going to do about their child now.
Old 7th April 2018, 04:38 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
^I don't see why they suddenly wouldn't. She's not Ayu after all.
Quote:
Originally Posted by primavera♥ View Post
I think she's like immune to that or something. I don't remember people reacting as negatively as they could have when she announced her marriage to a foreigner, who is eight years younger than her, and a bartender....

These are all things I don't personally care about or judge for, but the public reacts very negatively when certain celebrities do similar things. I remember thinking this when ayu got married at a similar time with a similar situation (of course not the same) but received more backlash.
Hopefully she'll be immune like last time. I know the public reaction of her 1st divorce surprised me, because Japanese usually react negatively towards divorce, especially towards celebrities. So when her popularity bounced back instead I was (pleasantly) shocked.

But this is the second divorce, probably people may react differently... Who knows?

What a coincidence. Last time she announced divorce when she did a theme song for Hana Yori Dango. This time she does a theme song for Hana series, and her second divorce new pops up.
Old 7th April 2018, 08:32 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

I actually thought they were happy haha I never actually pictured Utada with another celebrity. Seeing her with a unknown foreigner pleased me. But, well, it is what it is, and it's her life, no mine. She seems mature enough so we don't need to speculate about reasons. Especially since she has written lyrics about how she'd behave in a relationship... I really relate to that haha

Btw, having a child never seemed, at least to me, a good reason (or even a reason at all) to sustain a marriage. So I'm glad they divorced even with a child.
Old 7th April 2018, 08:37 AM
Because of You Initiate

The second divorce comes from .. no where...

Marriage or love relationship cannot not easy. The relationship needs to have a mutual connection.

And those comments in this link are gold. http://aramajapan.com/news/utada-hik...4-years/86989/

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 7th April 2018, 03:29 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Doesn't bother you to make assumptions about people you don't know based on rumors? haha no shade, really. its just that I don't feel comfortable at all saying things like "they divorced because he was unemployed and was ripping her money". I mean... I don't know, it just doesn't feel right... anyway
Old 7th April 2018, 03:34 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^preach

Old 7th April 2018, 04:13 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

It's unfortunate that it didn't work out for them.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 7th April 2018, 04:41 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

imagine buzzing about the end of the marriage of your neighbor and it's Utada Hikaru lol. just a quick thought in my head when I read the article

hope she's alright, it seems like they broke it off for a few months now so I hope she took her time to get back to work!
Old 8th April 2018, 12:29 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
I kinda think... In the beginning maybe hikki didn't realize the problem of her husband being unemployed (and just living off her money). They just lived as a normal couple with normal quiet daily lives. Once hikki started getting back into business, her life became more vibrant. Maybe she thought her husband should find some meaning for his life as well instead of being "dull", and maybe her husband didn't agree with that... and so on...

Of course this is just merely my assumption, and is based on the rumour of him being unemployed and living off her money. Only they and those close to them know what's happening. I wish that they will part ways peacefully. After all, they have a child, and it's important to consider their child's feeling as well.
this is some literal fanfic based off rumors about people you don't even know
Old 8th April 2018, 01:19 AM
Curtain call Initiate

^ exactly, we barely know who the guy is and people are calling him a freeloader. If he’s a bartender it means that he has a job sure it’s not high pay like a singer but is a job. Stop spreading rumors people.
Old 8th April 2018, 02:05 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Chrome sent me an update on Utada's status haha its saying she broke up with her husband, and is already in a new relationship with someone from the music business. lmao

http://news.livedoor.com/lite/article_detail/14547861/
Old 8th April 2018, 02:34 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Its not like there are that much men in the world that wouldnt live out of Hikki's money on a relationship with her.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 8th April 2018, 08:51 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

Sad to hear about the divorce I hope everything works out, for the sake of their son.

But these comments on Arama are everything I would totally ship Hikki x Ayu together
Old 8th April 2018, 07:54 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Remember when Exodus came out, and there was a lot that she discussed about her work making her feel distanced from Kiriya? This reminds me of that.

Fantome was a very personal album for her, it couldn't have been easy to deal with those feelings and write and release them to the world. The work itself, as well as the type of work and demands it places on anyone can't be easy to deal with. Creative work is hard to understand if you're not creative yourself (not sure if Francesco was or not), and even if you are in a creative field it can still be difficult to be patient with.
Add to that the very different cultures they were both raised in and working in, it'd be quite strenuous to connect at the end of a long day. We may never know what went on in their marriage, or she may give us some hints akin to 'You Make Me Want to be a Man' or 'About Me'.

I'm not exactly surprised, but feel a strange kind of disappointment for both of them. You never want to see a relationship to fail.

bare with me, i'm not sure how well i've articulated what i'm feeling here
Old 8th April 2018, 09:01 PM
End roll Initiate

https://news.yahoo.co.jp/pickup/6278234

Apparently she's dating a "young musician" already.

I swear if it's Nariaki and this is why she's shoving him down our throats, I'll be pissed lmao.
Old 8th April 2018, 09:16 PM
Voyage Initiate

Surprised about the divorce but it will be for the best. I'm glad she's moved on and found someone else.
Old 8th April 2018, 09:29 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akutenshi View Post
https://news.yahoo.co.jp/pickup/6278234

Apparently she's dating a "young musician" already.

I swear if it's Nariaki and this is why she's shoving him down our throats, I'll be pissed lmao.
I actually thought about it! maybe it's really Nariaki lol. they probably spent lots of time together while making his album.

he's hot, I would love if she's with him. if not, she can give me his number xx
Old 8th April 2018, 11:24 PM
As if.. Initiate

When she announced the tour I had a feeling there would be divorce news. Touring requires months of preparation in Japan and it didn't seem like she'd bring her husband along, since she wants to keep everything private.

Well, relationships are tough for everyone, rich or not. Marriage is no guarantee of a lasting love.

I just hope she'll start releasing more upbeat songs, sounding more like her pre-hiatus self.
Old 9th April 2018, 12:52 AM
Curtain call Initiate

Why are people annoyed with Niriaki all of a sudden? We don’t get that many news of her, how is she pushing him on us?
Old 10th April 2018, 11:16 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
Utada divorces her husband

It has been revealed that Utada Hikaru and husband Francesco Calianno have divorced, the singer’s record company confirms following a Nikkan Sports headline.

“The divorce is fact,” Sony Music Entertainment Japan has said in response to Japanese News outlet MaiChannel shared in a report this morning.

http://aramajapan.com/news/utada-hik...4-years/86989/
This is sad

Tags
hikki, utada hikaru