Official thread of your thoughts on (ARENA TOUR 2009) #1 - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 4th December 2009, 04:39 PM
Lelio Protector

I just finished watching the TV version and I have to say.

NEXT LEVEL tour is ayu's BEST and MOST ENJOYABLE show she has EVER done, imo.

ayu looked powerful all way through, the show was energetic, the crowd was better than usual, the visuals and screens, the HOT interludes and their movies,
the arrangements and some added features to the arrangements,
Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~=EPIC live arrangement.
Her vocals were decent and great in most of the performances as well!

I didn't want to get out of the room, let alone the chair watching it, damn!

Also I think that all of the songs that ayu sang in the PCDL, got better performances on NEXT LEVEL.

So yeah, ayu did bring things to the NEXT LEVEL, imo, and now I understand how come she thought she did.

Great, great job. The most entertaining tour of 2009 (and ayu's alone), as for my taste.
Old 4th December 2009, 05:22 PM
BEST Initiate

I loved this Tour!!!!!!!!!! Is one of the best .... I liked the performances Love n' Hate and Identity
Old 4th December 2009, 11:19 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Sunrise ~LOVE is ALL~=EPIC live arrangement.
LOL if by "EPIC" you mean "SO EPICALLY HORRIBLE THAT IT DEFIES ALL POSSIBLE DISGUSTING ARRANGEMENTS THAT EVER EXISTED" then yes =D

Old 4th December 2009, 11:25 PM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

lol

I honestly...didn't even notice the difference in the live version...maybe I should watch it again.

I think I just forgot how the studio version sounds...I thought it sounded like that though...lol I'll go listen again.

Okay and another thing...can someone explain to me why people are calling this like her best tour, or one of the best...because I just...can't understand that lol

or someone who thinks they know why people are saying that...because I'd like to understand the thought processes here...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Last edited by emi♡; 4th December 2009 at 11:28 PM.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:29 PM
winding road Initiate

The Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~ live arrangement was like she was supposed to be singing a completely different song, it's VERY uncomfortable x_x

Old 4th December 2009, 11:33 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
lol

I honestly...didn't even notice the difference in the live version...maybe I should watch it again.

I think I just forgot how the studio version sounds...I thought it sounded like that though...lol I'll go listen again.

Okay and another thing...can someone explain to me why people are calling this like her best tour, or one of the best...because I just...can't understand that lol

or someone who thinks they know why people are saying that...because I'd like to understand the thought processes here...
Cuz those people (me included) have a different taste than you... that's why some of them (me included) are calling this one of her best or (me not included) her best concert ever

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 4th December 2009, 11:38 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

i liked the Sunrise live arrangement.. the beginning was just kind of lame but then it got better. i loove that performance though.
Old 4th December 2009, 11:46 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

ya.i think sunrise is good for live but suck for studio album.
i love sunrise for both a nation and arena tour performane.
and,ya.i think arena tour 2009 is the best ^^but,AT05 is the number 1 in my heart

Old 5th December 2009, 12:05 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Cuz those people (me included) have a different taste than you... that's why some of them (me included) are calling this one of her best or (me not included) her best concert ever
I dont really deal in tastes lol

I need some logical reasons for this being her best tour before I'll concur that, yeah maybe it is.

If it's only because people may prefer this style of tour...then ehh...I don't think so lol

It would be like the endless debates of who has the best tours, ayu, kuu, or namie lol

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 5th December 2009, 12:09 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I just finished to warch te TV ver. and this show is just memorable^^

In fact, I didn't expect a good tour, it seemed to me that the AT 09 was a second PDCL with nothing really new... And that tour is just the one that surprised me the most. Good to see a BAD studio album turning so amazing live.

- Rule/UNITE: I'm not a big fan of these 2 songs, but the ligntening, screens and energy of Ayu just blew me up

- Energize/Sunrise: Biggest surprise ever, I actually like a Kawaii performance, that never happened to me before. The escenery is just amazing, (Pink, Blue, Yellow) and Ayu seems to have such a good time!!

- LOVE'n'HATE/identity: Even if the storyline is used since AT 05, (Ayu as the strong woman with powerless men^^) I liked the rock part, especially the lightening (AGAIN!)

- In the corner: Really a good perf, and the song is great too.

- HOPE or PAIN/GREEN/Days: The unique perf I can't stand... For years now, she's overacting Ballads, and that makes me really uncomfortable. Moreover, I don't think her voice sounds great with those songs in live...

- evolution/SIGNAL: Enjoyable like always

- rollin'/Sparkle: I used to hate rollin'... BEST PERF EVER!! The overall atmosphere is just amazing, and she's having fun, I really like her moves and facial expressions. As for Sparkle, it seems a little down after seeing rollin', but still one of the best surprise of this concert. Moreover, it's surely going to be a staple song, GREAT!!

NEXT LEVEL: So and so, I never really liked this song... it fells empty for me.

Overall, AT 09 is really a good concert, Ayu looks fantastic, and the use of lights and screens is certainly one of the best ever.

Too bad she failed the ballads part, and that we didn't have a showstopper (Maybe you guys consider In the corner as the one, but for me, comparing to alterna, kiss o' kill or Marionette, it's just too weak to play the role of a showstopper).

Last edited by Yeli13; 5th December 2009 at 12:13 AM.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:27 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:

I need some logical reasons for this being her best tour before I'll concur that, yeah maybe it is.

If it's only because people may prefer this style of tour...then ehh...I don't think so lol

It would be like the endless debates of who has the best tours, ayu, kuu, or namie lol
hmmm,its like you like apple and i don't like it.how do i explain why i dislike it?
i think this tour is entertaining.i feel that my heartbeat is getting faster and faster when i watch the broadcasted on TBS.And when it comes to ballad songs,i calmed down.after the ballads,i feel so excited and almost wanna dance with them.i can feel the excitement.

Old 5th December 2009, 12:29 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Nothing seemed to flow well...and there were hardly any performances that could lead into another for continuous performing lol
Quote:
and the interludes really really killed it for me...even the cute one like discommunication...

And then I tihnk the reason why I liked the tour after that, was that imo, the songs after went a lot better with the simpler stage...

I know it's sort of ridiculous to think that, but imo, NEXT LEVEL has a simpler stage lol
Quote:
1. Too many damn interludes/videos. Like after EVERY song nearly. Was really boring...especially since some of them werent really that great.

2. Set list. Tour suffered because of this list imo. Mostly because of the order/style of the performances...maybe thats why she felt she needed so many interludes. Who knows.

3. Dancers. Just ew. You know how many times I wanted to push Shuya off stage? Yeah.
As people would say.... "This." But .... this times, like, 20! You and I have similar opinions on this~ >o<

I agree, there were many interludes and hella-long intros. Don't get me started on In The Corner. It took forever for that damn song to start. At first I was like, "Cool, okay, leading up to it" but it wasn't even all that great. And those dancers' costumes were almost the same as last year!! >o< I was happy to know Ayu was doing such an underperformed song again, right in row, concert-wise, but it felt recycled. Anyhow... so it was nice when she kinda jumped right into things, like with the a cappella of Rule. That got me pumped. But yeah.... too many long intros... In The Corner, HOPE or PAIN, etc.... Then when Ayu just jumped right from... evolution to SIGNAL, I was like, what? That was quick!

That stage was pretty simple, too. It kinda bothered me a bit, since Ayu deserves huge stages and long catwalks like at PCDL and CDL0708. I felt like I was watching like.... some random, somewhat big-time J-pop star, the way the stage felt cramped. Ayu impostor, lol~

And yes. Too much Shuya. Though he was pretty awesome in Load of the SHUGYO and LOVE 'n' HATE. I couldn't picture any other dancer perfect for that role - not even the hotness that is Maro. It just felt like...right I guess. But apart from that.... enough is enough. Ayu needs to stop favoriting him! At least, it feels like she is.

The setlist was pretty messed up. It felt like she was jumping around from song to song without knowing the setlist, sometimes. There are always a handful of songs Ayu performs that I just... ugh. Want to fast-forward immediately through. Always. But with this concert.... I felt like the first time I watched it, I was just trying to locate all the songs I was dying to hear. >o< That's more personal, though. It just felt a bit off-balance, and SIGNAL didn't seem to fit in at all. Some are saying In the Corner didn't either, but it feels pretty sexy for this sexy album concert. And the performance with the dancers in fedoras adds to the sexiness and youth of it all. SIGNAL's just... some obviously 90's-era song of hers that she's choosing now to revive and promote in her two most recent concerts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
The Sunrise~LOVE is ALL~ live arrangement was like she was supposed to be singing a completely different song, it's VERY uncomfortable x_x
Huh. I need to listen more to Sunrise I guess, I didn't notice anything off. But did anyone notice, well... no, I'm sure people did... but did anyone like that odd little intro for GREEN? I thought that was awesome. Was the whole thing a bit newly arranged, or is it just the intro? I feel like the whole thing might be, but I'm not sure?

My five fave performances~

1.) LOVE 'n' HATE
2.) EnergizE (too cute! Reminded me of the Beautiful Fighters PV a bit or something. )
3.) rollin'
4.) Rule
5.) Sparkle

On a random note, I loved some of Ayu's stage screens. The white dragon flying around behind her in Rule was pretty sweet, and the various flower screens were beautiful. I also really enjoyed her interlude videos this time around. Load of the SHUGYO was very interesting and kinda creepy, and I think some of the Shuya haters were thrilled to see such a horrible scene involving him.

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 5th December 2009, 12:36 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rainbow141 View Post

That stage was pretty simple, too. It kinda bothered me a bit, since Ayu deserves huge stages and long catwalks like at PCDL and CDL0708.
as i know,she uses that stage just for CDL so that she can move more nearer to the audience to interact with them.
As usual,arena tour stages are usually shorter like AT07,AT08 and even AT09 to fit more people

Last edited by nanakopy87; 5th December 2009 at 01:00 AM.
Old 5th December 2009, 12:55 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ True. I guess I'm just used to watching mostly CDL's all the time. So I'm used to Ayu being treated like a queen with those huge stages. That could explain why it feels weird. ...AT09 and AT09?

Subbed Kuu | driving_angel @ WKKW | Kuu GIFs

Old 5th December 2009, 01:01 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

oppsss..sorry,typo error XD

Old 5th December 2009, 02:32 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
LOL if by "EPIC" you mean "SO EPICALLY HORRIBLE THAT IT DEFIES ALL POSSIBLE DISGUSTING ARRANGEMENTS THAT EVER EXISTED" then yes =D

Oh Lord! I better brace myself lol! I like Sunrise better live than on CD...
Old 5th December 2009, 06:43 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
^ Well, I think you could say that at the very least they are all extremely similar to things she has done before. It's more like she keeps using the exact same format and then just slightly changes some of the themes. I'm not offering any suggestions right now for how she could do it better, I just know that after so many years of this, it does start to get tiring.
I think using the same format every single year (ever since MY STORY back in 2004) is extremely sad and pathetic. That's not usual for ANY artist, much less someone that people consider to be a ~chamaleon~.

I used to look forward to her concerts every single year. I finally reached my limit. Her last tour DVD was really disapointing. I used to pre-order her DVDs or I would download them the second they were on the internet. I don't bother anymore, I haven't even watched this tour...

Last edited by andre2907; 5th December 2009 at 06:45 AM.
Old 5th December 2009, 07:26 AM
SCAR Initiate

How can she change the format? She went from simple concerts to using screens and huge props, you can't exactly go backwards or forwards. She went a little backwards by having a simpler tour, and people are whingeing that it's not as "grand" as her last few tours.
Old 5th December 2009, 08:03 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

This topic is full of posts about why did people enjoyed the concert, so, if u read it and even so didn't get it, there's nothing to do but saying it's just a matter of different tastes

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 5th December 2009, 08:13 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by andre2907 View Post
I think using the same format every single year (ever since MY STORY back in 2004) is extremely sad and pathetic. That's not usual for ANY artist, much less someone that people consider to be a ~chamaleon~.

I used to look forward to her concerts every single year. I finally reached my limit. Her last tour DVD was really disapointing. I used to pre-order her DVDs or I would download them the second they were on the internet. I don't bother anymore, I haven't even watched this tour...
hmm,why not you watch this tour first before commenting?

is it a trend or what?i can see people commenting when she uses alot of props.and now,she reduces the usage of the props and now,people commenting that why is it not grand and so on

Tags
arena tour 2009, ayumi, hamasaki ayumi