[pics/summary] Team Ayu diary: 03/03/2010 - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 3rd March 2010, 03:29 AM
Trauma Initiate

Loving it!!
hoping to see hot ayu video like sparkle!!

can't wait!!!!!
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:00 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

thanks she looks gorgeous! !

if you live in california check www.yumeranch.com

come join the fun look with my jpop on facebook http://www.facebook.com/#!/pages/MY-...953715?ref=ts/
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:14 AM
Connected Initiate

its remind me of Lady gaga in Bad romance PV,,XD~

Ayumi so hot!!!!

| PM me for set request |

Old 3rd March 2010, 04:18 AM
As if.. Initiate

IMO this album has back to basics style.
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:25 AM
teens Initiate

the pics are nice, thanks.
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:33 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by teppei_chan92 View Post
IMO this album has back to basics style.
I was thinking how Ayu said

Quote:
Originally Posted by SCawaii Feb 2010
The next album basically has the feeling of basics. A feel of 'Hamasaki Ayumi', less of adventure, and more of digging deep into basics. But this does not mean that I'm going backwards.
To me, this means the creative team behind Ayumi (including Ayu herself) aren't going to try so hard to find the "new" - not a "new" style or what is yet to be explored. I think they just decided to sit down and make good Ayu pop/rock. Those Ayu songs that, no matter what genre, all seem to give off the "Ayu" feeling. I think (and hope) this is what she meant by that.

Songs that give me this feeling include:
STEP you
my name's WOMEN
Moments
Ladies Night
About You
... (on & on)

Last edited by Zeke.; 3rd March 2010 at 04:35 AM.
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:36 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah. I wonder what fan reaction will be to this album.

Please let it be positive ****FOR THE MOST PART***** for once in the last 5 years... haha.

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd March 2010 at 04:40 AM.
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:40 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah. I wonder what fan reaction will be to this album.

Please let it be positive for once in the last 5 years... haha.
If it's not, just wait for the next album. When the next album comes out, everyone will suddenly think this album was great. It happened with GUILTY XD

Old 3rd March 2010, 04:41 AM
July 1st Initiate

Thanks for the update!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delirium-Zer0 View Post
Chatter chatter. lol

The boy dancers are chitter-chattering away. XD!!
Something small: I think "messy" is a better word here for くちゃくちゃ instead of chattering. ^^

"It's a mess. lol.

Even the boy dancers have become a part of it"

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 3rd March 2010, 04:41 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
If it's not, just wait for the next album. When the next album comes out, everyone will suddenly think this album was great. It happened with GUILTY XD
It happened with every album since MY STORY... RAINBOW is still universally disliked for some reason, not sure why.

When MY STORY came out, people zzzzz'd at it until (miss)understood. (Many fans from 2004 and before left at this point, but many fans NOW really do like it.)
Then (miss)understood was the crap underneath people's boots until Secret. ((miss)understood is considered to be one of her best albums now.)
Secret was a rush job up until GUILTY was released. (Secret is thought to be one of her greatest albums after I am... now)
Then GUILTY came out and was too dark for some people and it was on the bottom of people's top albums list but NEXT LEVEL changed that. (GUILTY is in the same level as Secret for some.)
NEXT LEVEL was too fake electro for people and now sits at the bottom of many lists. (NEXT LEVEL... I don't know.)

What will this album bring?

Quote:
"It's a mess. lol.

Even the boy dancers have become a part of it"
HAHAHA. "It's a mess... because Shimoko is the director... -wink wink-"

Last edited by truehappiness; 3rd March 2010 at 04:44 AM.
Old 3rd March 2010, 04:56 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
It happened with every album since MY STORY... RAINBOW is still universally disliked for some reason, not sure why.

When MY STORY came out, people zzzzz'd at it until (miss)understood. (Many fans from 2004 and before left at this point, but many fans NOW really do like it.)
Then (miss)understood was the crap underneath people's boots until Secret. ((miss)understood is considered to be one of her best albums now.)
Secret was a rush job up until GUILTY was released. (Secret is thought to be one of her greatest albums after I am... now)
Then GUILTY came out and was too dark for some people and it was on the bottom of people's top albums list but NEXT LEVEL changed that. (GUILTY is in the same level as Secret for some.)
NEXT LEVEL was too fake electro for people and now sits at the bottom of many lists. (NEXT LEVEL... I don't know.)

What will this album bring?
We'll see a sudden outburst of love for NEXT LEVEL. My experience has taught me that for Ayu fans New=Bad. No matter how good this album looks, people are bound to hate it at first, and then fall in love with it when the next one comes

Old 3rd March 2010, 04:58 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Weirdest/Most intriguing thing about Ayu fans is that they react towards everything like how humans normally react to change. "I HATE IT." "IT'S TERRIBLE." "GET OUT OF MY LIFE." rather than embracing it.

Happens really really often, but I think the new shouldn't be subject to such harsh criticism until it's hard time to settle in and then a verdict can be made... not just split second decisions after listening to a song/single/whatever about 4 times.
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:03 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Weirdest/Most intriguing thing about Ayu fans is that they react towards everything like how humans normally react to change. "I HATE IT." "IT'S TERRIBLE." "GET OUT OF MY LIFE." rather than embracing it.

Happens really really often, but I think the new shouldn't be subject to such harsh criticism until it's hard time to settle in and then a verdict can be made... not just split second decisions after listening to a song/single/whatever about 4 times.
I think it's almost more then any fandom. Ayu has some of the most intense fans and haters that I've ever see. Some people are completely blinded and think everything she does is amazing with no flaws, and others think no matter what she does she sucks, and she should just retire. I don't see many middle grounds, at least, not here.

I've sorta developed a blunt middle road approach with my fandom . If I like something she does, I'll praise it, if I don't, I won't. Although, this doesn't usually come up with her music, it comes up with her photos and videos and such. I think people need to take a step back and judge her music as regular old music first, see if they like it, and then judge it by Ayu's standards. That's how I judged NEXT LEVEL. As an album, I really loved it, but as an AYU album, I felt it was subpar.

This is so offtopic lol. But this album in particular OOZES good vibes for some reason. So I hope that it's accepted right off the bat and doesn't have to go through the hatred phase <3

Old 3rd March 2010, 05:10 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
As an album, I really loved it, but as an AYU album, I felt it was subpar.
I think part of that was because she had so many options available to her with NEXT LEVEL, and there was simply no cohesive thread that connected the tracks together. It was a fun experiment, but I think this upcoming album will show us what she's really got.

Quote:
Some people are completely blinded and think everything she does is amazing with no flaws,
I honestly don't think Ayu has ANY fans like that. There are GaGa fans like that and other J-pop divas like Utada and etc... but Ayu? There's always at least ONE thing wrong. (For me, it's the ******* use of Shimoko for 2 years in row. -slaps Ayu-)
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:12 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
I think part of that was because she had so many options available to her with NEXT LEVEL, and there was simply no cohesive thread that connected the tracks together. It was a fun experiment, but I think this upcoming album will show us what she's really got.
I have that feeling too actually, I just have all these really good feelings about this album, I haven't felt like this before for an ayu album (although the only one I've waited for in my short lived fandom was NL), but I'm feeling much more positive about this album then I did bout NL

Old 3rd March 2010, 05:16 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

For the most part, waiting for Ayu albums is usually this intense.

With NEXT LEVEL, it was very subdued due to the fact that things got all screwed up at some point and she ended up releasing in March and blaaaah.
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:17 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I'm even more excited now!
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:18 AM
Because of You Initiate

This is the ayu I love watching! =D
"Being part of a group like this, with you guys! is awesome! so I salute you all." (1st July 2010, 11:17 PM)
"Adiós." (8th May 2011, 02:13 PM)
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:26 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
NEXT LEVEL was too fake electro for people and now sits at the bottom of many lists. (NEXT LEVEL... I don't know.)"
I have suffered this syndrome. Not really "hating" the album when it's released, but just tiring of it early and continuing listening to the one she put out prior to that and then I really give it the recognition it deserves. I felt that when (miss)understood was released, although I liked it, I was angered by not many great album tracks. All the good tracks mostly were singles and, at the time, I was already bored of. But as time went on, I began to view the album as all the songs. Where as at first, it's all about the new ones.

Last edited by Zeke.; 3rd March 2010 at 05:28 AM.
Old 3rd March 2010, 05:30 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

For me, when I listen to albums, I usually just loop it endlessly until I'm used to it. Of course, there are always first impressions, but I at least let the tracks grow on me before coming to a consensus about the album as a whole. -hides-

ANNOUNCE IT AYUUUU~

Quote:
This is the era of criticizing

MY STORY (criticizing (a))
(miss)understood (criticizing (a) era slow down, criticizing (a+b) era starts)
Secret (criticizing (a) era nearly to the end, criticizing (a+b) era slow down, criticizing (c) era starts, however (c) < (a+b))
GUILTY (criticizing (a) era 90% disappear, criticizing (a+b) era 70% disappear, criticizing (c) era slow down, criticizing (d) era starts)
NEXT LEVEL (criticizing (a) era disappear, criticizing (a+b) era disappear, criticizing (c) era almost gone, criticizing (d) era slow down, criticizing (e) era starts)
This coming album (criticizing (a), (a+b), (c), (d) are all gone, criticizing (e) era are mostly gone, criticizing (f) era starts)
Not really?

Tags
ayu, ayu's diary, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, nd chow, new album, team ayu, teamayu