TA Blog: "New Song" (18.1.23) - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 18th January 2023, 11:57 AM
RAINBOW Guardian

TA Blog: "New Song" (18.1.23)

An auto-translation of Ayu's latest blog post.

TA Blog, 18.1.23
New song.
Thank you, for listening to the last pre-release from the new album - 『Just the way you are』- and for sending me so much love already! This is my first and foremost feeling.

However, what I am about to write is also how I genuinely feel.

I don't expect you to agree with everything I do, and of course, I am not only self-affirming my decisions.

Despite that, I still have to tell you all this.

You can say whatever you want to me. I will take all your opinions seriously, as the feelings of TA.

"I like only ayu", "I want to see more ayu", "I don't understand what ayu wanted to do with this" - These words are all understandable.

But it is obvious when TA approves of a person, in their eyes, and when they do not. Laughing, saying "You are a comedian?", "Such a dramatic person", "They look like a cheap person" - I can't understand this feedback. It is one thing to question "I don't know who this person is, who are they?", and another to laugh at them because you don't know them. It's absolutely wrong to talk down to them as a group.

Every person struggles to live in these shitty and changing times, everyone's life is like that, overcoming their problems living in their own way... don't you think? I do.

Let's not do this anymore.
Don't make me hate Ayumi Hamasaki any more.

I'm not going to talk about this further. I'll be back with something more cheerful.

ayu
Old 18th January 2023, 12:13 PM
from your letter Initiate

The girl is back to scold her fanbase. I love it. hahaha
Jokes aside, I understand her. When she invited the girl on the PV and based on the lyrics of the music, she intended to achieve something totally different than what's happening right now. Bully and hate is the total opposite of her message in this song...
Old 18th January 2023, 12:37 PM
I am... Initiate

Tell 'em girl.
Though I actually think she's way too lenient about the behaviour of some of TA towards herself.

But what is that about hating Hamasaki Ayumi even more? I hope it's just a weird translation, since it's automated, but that sounds rough.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 18th January 2023, 12:43 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

It’s pretty accurate to the Japanese.

I believe she’s mentioned before that she doesn’t like having to always be “hamasaki ayumi” all the time, so I’m guessing it’s related to that.

I find Japanese TA to have been extremely lenient towards Ayu (for music, tours, videos) but critical on personal things, then the foreign fans it tends to be the opposite. It’s interesting how that is… certain types of fans definitely deserve a scolding though lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 18th January 2023, 12:44 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
But what is that about hating Hamasaki Ayumi even more? I hope it's just a weird translation, since it's automated, but that sounds rough.
That part is pretty accurate. I think the stress of what has happened in the past when she has 'upset TA' has been a contributor to her feeling so disconnected from "Ayumi Hamasaki". It's something she's referred to a few times in the last few years.
Old 18th January 2023, 12:52 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
It’s pretty accurate to the Japanese.

I believe she’s mentioned before that she doesn’t like having to always be “hamasaki ayumi” all the time, so I’m guessing it’s related to that.

I find Japanese TA to have been extremely lenient towards Ayu (for music, tours, videos) but critical on personal things, then the foreign fans it tends to be the opposite. It’s interesting how that is… certain types of fans definitely deserve a scolding though lol.
Having comments like "Another foreigner for her to marry." or that whole meltdown people had like "Are you going to have a divorce again?" should definitely get called out. It's also fine to not like a release and move on, but people on here have liked calling out people that like a release they don't for years now.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 18th January 2023, 12:57 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post

That part is pretty accurate. I think the stress of what has happened in the past when she has 'upset TA' has been a contributor to her feeling so disconnected from "Ayumi Hamasaki". It's something she's referred to a few times in the last few years.
There were always at least two Ayus, like the private person and the star, but I didn't know it became such a burden for her.

「浜崎あゆみ」であること
”歌う”ということ
それは”生きる”ということ

SCawaii May 2008

矛盾だらけの こんな私でも
許されますか 教えてよ

浜崎あゆみ 「I am...」

Old 18th January 2023, 05:47 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aga-chan View Post
Tell 'em girl.
Though I actually think she's way too lenient about the behaviour of some of TA towards herself.

She makes an distinction between Ayu (her personal self) and Ayumi Hamasaki (her public self), so I think that part is her calling out the bad part of being famous (and specially being a star with Ayumi Hamasaki's dimension).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 18th January 2023, 06:30 PM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

So what I am getting from this is that some TA members are making fun of the woman in her new video? Is she literally saying TA members are laughing at the woman for her looks?

If so, that is not okay at all for TA members to do and very immature. But also, if this is what she is saying, why does she have to publicly announce the way that they were ridiculing the woman and the specifics? I am sure the woman wouldn't want to read the specifics of the insults.
Old 19th January 2023, 01:11 AM
poker face Initiate

TA should pay attention to WARNING lyrics
Old 19th January 2023, 11:14 AM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
The girl is back to scold her fanbase. I love it. hahaha
Jokes aside, I understand her. When she invited the girl on the PV and based on the lyrics of the music, she intended to achieve something totally different than what's happening right now. Bully and hate is the total opposite of her message in this song...
This!! It’s so painful the irony of haters missing the POINT of the song
Old 19th January 2023, 01:03 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
So what I am getting from this is that some TA members are making fun of the woman in her new video? Is she literally saying TA members are laughing at the woman for her looks?

If so, that is not okay at all for TA members to do and very immature. But also, if this is what she is saying, why does she have to publicly announce the way that they were ridiculing the woman and the specifics? I am sure the woman wouldn't want to read the specifics of the insults.
Actually, I think she addressed the message to TA member because it's her core fanbase, but the comments about the actress of her video is spreading through all social media services, it's not restricted to the fanclub per se. She's calling out her die-hard fans as a way to make the message reach people without exposing the girl in social media (I mean, TA messages usually leak for us, but it's not as public as an Instagram post).

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 20th January 2023, 10:39 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

So sad that she had to spare time to write something like that, those people are idiots