Ayu Schedule #12 [2009-2013] - TV Appearances, Magazines, etc. - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 4th December 2012, 04:15 AM
Two of us Initiate

I've seen better, I've seen worse. She does look stunning.

Thanx for the link
Old 4th December 2012, 04:30 AM
until that Day… Initiate

overall, she did good job, love her vibrations in parts that didn't sound too much.. it's just perfect. she just did off tune for 2 u yeah 4 u yeah part.. aside of that, i love this performance.
Old 4th December 2012, 04:38 AM
Two of us Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm sorry, but that just shows a fundamental lack of understanding of Japanese culture. It may not make sense to us, but it does make sense in Japan. I personally don't agree with it at all. I would love for all this to be false because I love ayu on music station and especially at the super live. But like maikeru, I'm almost certain she is banned. I hope I'm wrong though or that the problem gets solved.

Most frustrating thing for me actually is Mika's tweet because I just can't get my head around the thought process of posting that. It's lol worthy in its stupidity for me.
What was mika's tweet if you don't mind me asking?
Old 4th December 2012, 05:09 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

She's drop dead gorgeous. But not to be so rude, is she sick? Her vocals are kinda frail to me.
Old 4th December 2012, 05:23 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

those clothes that the dancers are wearing are exactly the same with the progress performance at KOUHAKU last year
Old 4th December 2012, 05:56 AM
Dolls Initiate

she sound like she have cold or sth
she looks gorgeous, but nothing special, i never been a fan of tv-lives. they sound like a karaoke lives more than performance of big artist.
Old 4th December 2012, 07:50 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
i never been a fan of tv-lives. they sound like a karaoke lives more than performance of big artist.
Interesting! My attitude in that matter happens to be completely opposed to yours. I even dare to say that I prefer TV performances over concerts as they appear more genuine and less showy to me.

During concerts I often ask myself if her vocals are live or playback. This can hinder yourself from enjoying the music whereas TV appearances always seem convincingly live.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:02 AM
No way to say Initiate

She's out of practise...the reason why her vocals were so strong 10 or so years ago is because she was so used to singing live on a weekly basis with support/training..now it's been two or three months since the tour finished ^_^ by CDL comes around, she should be all warmed up and okay ^_^
Old 4th December 2012, 08:03 AM
No way to say Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kirshwasser View Post
those clothes that the dancers are wearing are exactly the same with the progress performance at KOUHAKU last year
LOL I just noticed, I wouldn't be surprised if this year's Kouhaku performance is just the same as this live.
Old 4th December 2012, 08:35 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kinder Surprise View Post
What was mika's tweet if you don't mind me asking?
Mika took a message that Ayu had sent her privately and posted it on twitter. This was a couple of days after she missed the music station appearance. In Ayu's message, she said that she is sick and can't sing for a while.

I can only think that Mika posted it because she thought that would make people more sympathetic if they knew Ayu was sick? But it actually caused more damage because now it looked Avex/Ayu maybe lied about not being able to make it physically to music station and that the real reason might have been because Ayu was worried about the condition of her voice.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:19 AM
ayu trance Initiate

^ They possibly weren't able to take their flight back to Japan as planned because of Ayu's illness, so how come you assume that either Ayu or Avex could have lied?
Old 4th December 2012, 10:24 AM
I am... Initiate

It's weird how many people here are against lipsynching, but seem to forget that big parts of some of Ayumi's most popular concerts are full playback. Just saying.
I'm glad she stopped lipping recently, her vocals are so much better now than 2005-2009 anyways.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:32 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
It's weird how many people here are against lipsynching, but seem to forget that big parts of some of Ayumi's most popular concerts are full playback. Just saying.
Yeah and you used to be the one who kept pointing it out like it was really important. I don't see a problem with people being against regardless of the fact that Ayu has done it. I am against it, yet I am a fan of hers and I'm fully aware that she has done it so many times.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 4th December 2012, 10:35 AM
I am... Initiate

I pointed it out when people pretended it was live, not when people accepted the playback. So many people here used to pretend Ayumi is a godess that would never even think of lipping and that ignorance and attitude quite frankly pisses me off.
I myself don't mind it much if the rest of the performance is good, I just can't stand people pretending it doesn't happen. Of course the same performance live I always prefer, but Ayumi has good reasons to lip so when she does it well...perfectly fine.
Old 4th December 2012, 10:52 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by isthisLOL? View Post
Ayumi has good reasons to lip so when she does it well...perfectly fine.
D':

That's totally beyond my comprehension. How can a singer have reasons to cheat on the audience? The usage of playbacks is actually likely to be one of the main factors, people often assume the genre as cheap and trashy.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
are full playback
Don't exaggerating she has never done a concert full playback... Maybe 50/50 but not the entiere show and it's like 3/4 Lives (2007/2008/2009) sorry if i forget something but at this time she a lot of vocal problems & deafness (it's not an excuse but she had a reason)
I don't deny she has lips sync in the past but she never done that before 2006 (maybe one or two time) and has not done this since 2010 ! so there is a reason ! I think ^^

Quote:
That's totally beyond my comprehension. How can a singer have reasons to cheat on the audience? The usage of playbacks is actually likely to be one of the main factors, people often assume the genre as cheap and trashy.
I agree ^^ Like britney spears full playback ...

My Website Twitter Last.Fm

Last edited by mizuki-7; 4th December 2012 at 12:17 PM.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:20 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by channy View Post
^ They possibly weren't able to take their flight back to Japan as planned because of Ayu's illness, so how come you assume that either Ayu or Avex could have lied?
I didn't. I said that it opened up the possibility for people to think that so it made no sense that she should post Ayu's message. Being sick would not have been considered a valid excuse to miss music station anyways.
Old 4th December 2012, 12:26 PM
Dolls Initiate

Ayu is using halth playback on concerts I think.
Old 4th December 2012, 05:04 PM
I am... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
Don't exaggerating she has never done a concert full playback... Maybe 50/50 but not the entiere show and it's like 3/4 Lives (2007/2008/2009) sorry if i forget something but at this time she a lot of vocal problems & deafness (it's not an excuse but she had a reason)
I don't deny she has lips sync in the past but she never done that before 2006 (maybe one or two time) and has not done this since 2010 ! so there is a reason ! I think ^^

I agree ^^ Like britney spears full playback ...
I'm sorry, I wasn't being totally clear there. With "full playback" I meant that in a particular song she lips the entire thing, not that the whole concert is playback "Full playback" is just to differentiate from using a backtrack(which is having a playback but also singing live vocals over it, Lady Gaga does that in all her upbeat songs for example) or half-playback(parts of a song are playback, other parts of the same song are live).

Ayumi first did playback(half-playback) in CT00 afaik(not sure which of the two) btw, in Trauma the final chorus was lipped from the studio version, I'm guessing because she's scared of heights and performed that part while hanging over the stage.
The only concerts of hers in which playback annoys me are AT05, AT07 and CDL0809(she just fell and got out of the hospital, so this one is excused for me) - but aside that I think that, given her hearing problems and since hearing is THE most important thing about vocal performance, her lipping a few songs every now and then until 2009 was just fine

Britney doesn't do full playback that often anymore btw, she mainly uses backtracks nowadays. She's a weird case, when you watch fan recordings of her tours she clearly sings some songs live, but on the DVD/Bluray you hear the studio versions.
Old 4th December 2012, 05:46 PM
1 LOVE Initiate

The Mika you are talking about is Mika Nakashima ???

TWICE

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayu schedule, ayumi hamasaki