[News] CDTV reveals cover for 'M(A)DE IN JAPAN' - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 7th June 2016, 07:35 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

She's in a different place as far as her career goes.

At the time when she was a perfectionist workaholic, she was also barely eating right or taking care of herself. If she is healthy and happy, I don't have any issue really with the images she wants to produce now.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:02 AM
Interlude Initiate

^ in the end it is really only up to her. obviously she is happy with the visuals she is putting out there, I am just stating my opinion. because: forum.

she could be eating right, taking care of herself and still make photoshoots like she used to. just saying as an artist her ealier visual work had huge appeal to me and was very inspiring. it's a pity; but obviously she doesn't owe us anything either, I do understand that
Old 7th June 2016, 11:09 AM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
^ in the end it is really only up to her. obviously she is happy with the visuals she is putting out there, I am just stating my opinion. because: forum.

she could be eating right, taking care of herself and still make photoshoots like she used to. just saying as an artist her ealier visual work had huge appeal to me and was very inspiring. it's a pity; but obviously she doesn't owe us anything either, I do understand that
yea at the end of the day she'll do what she wants, and we either like it or we don't.

she's definitely lost her edge as a visual artist though, but I think that's not what she's going for now. you don't always have to be an innovator to be a popular well-selling pop artist. being vanilla works as well, especially if you've been around forever.
Old 7th June 2016, 11:24 AM
Interlude Initiate

indeed
Old 7th June 2016, 11:27 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I always hear praise for I am... but I think it's one of her worst covers, along with (miss)understood and Love songs lol. I don't even think she has had all that many good covers in the past. Just serviceable.

Old 7th June 2016, 11:45 AM
ourselves Initiate

Japanesee fans loved the TA cover. our taste is really different lol

https://www.facebook.com/ayuangel.ne...type=3&theater
Old 7th June 2016, 12:02 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Quick poll on Twitter with the question "what's your favorite M(A)DE IN JAPAN cover? " and after 509 votes (mainly from Japanese fans) ... the TeamAyu versions have win! Surprising isn't it ?
It's possible to see who voted on twitter polls? Or is it a function only available to accounts with a lot of followers?
Old 7th June 2016, 12:08 PM
Interlude Initiate

japanese taste really confuses me lol XD
I wish I could sit together with japanese fans and have a discussion about photoshoots/cover design so I can understand why they prefer (in my opinion) bland beauty shots to something that involves an interesting concept / something more to look at than just a face XD I'm really interested!

so this proves that Ayu is right on the money.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:26 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by TheRainbow View Post
I always hear praise for I am... but I think it's one of her worst covers, along with (miss)understood and Love songs lol. I don't even think she has had all that many good covers in the past. Just serviceable.
Lol i agree, but at least there was a concept behind it, and an ambition, though it's not necessarily to my taste?

It feels like since Love songs (maybe even earlier? I'm not sure), it's just close up shots with variations in styling, which is a little static.

I actually think Duty and Rainbow are some of her best covers ever.
Old 7th June 2016, 12:26 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by sitara View Post
japanese taste really confuses me lol XD
I wish I could sit together with japanese fans and have a discussion about photoshoots/cover design so I can understand why they prefer (in my opinion) bland beauty shots to something that involves an interesting concept / something more to look at than just a face XD I'm really interested!

so this proves that Ayu is right on the money.
Because tastes differ and some people prefer something that they like to look at and that looks pretty on their shelves to something with meaning. In fact, even a lot of Western fans don't care about the meaning and concept if the cover doesn't look pretty (Party queen). Besides, not everyone agrees that these covers have a meaning, some people think it's just a pic with a rope, so yeah. That's why everyone's opinion is different
Old 7th June 2016, 12:29 PM
TO BE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rainbow_smile View Post
Because tastes differ and some people prefer something that they like to look at and that looks pretty on their shelves to something with meaning. In fact, even a lot of Western fans don't care about the meaning and concept if the cover doesn't look pretty (Party queen). Besides, not everyone agrees that these covers have a meaning, some people think it's just a pic with a rope, so yeah. That's why everyone's opinion is different
I think she looks super pretty in the PQ shots! (again, taste differs)
Old 7th June 2016, 12:33 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

^ Well, a lot of fans hate it because it looks trashy, that's what I meant to say
Old 7th June 2016, 01:43 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
I think she looks super pretty in the PQ shots! (again, taste differs)
PQ covers are not the definition of something pretty to put on my shelf xD

Old 7th June 2016, 01:48 PM
TO BE Initiate

I quite like it when she toes the line between trashy and pretty, because that's kind of what her music is like nowadays. It demonstrates a certain level of self awareness that feels intelligent, in control, and empowered to me. But I definitely understand why many people dislike it. It's not my favourite cover, but there was, for me, at least an idea behind the shoot that was coherent to the album theme.
Old 7th June 2016, 01:52 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

I think it isn't THAT surprising because this type of pictures also gets the most likes on her instagram.

tumblr

Old 7th June 2016, 02:06 PM
SURREAL H-Initiate

I hate party queen because it looks half assed. And also, her image was never a party queen. Like, ever.

She was never a Lindsay or Paris or Britney.

So to try to play up the "media portrayal" of her, it doesn't work--she wasn't portrayed that way.

She's portrayed as a diva, but that's not the same as what's being expressed on PQ. So yeah, that's what makes me hate that cover lol.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 7th June 2016, 02:20 PM
Dolls Initiate

I really like the Party Queen covers but tokyojapanfan, yeah, you've got a point.
Old 7th June 2016, 02:36 PM
Interlude Initiate

^^ I also wonder why she thought the public / media had the image of her being a party queen (if I remember correctly she said that in an interview) where did that idea come from? it's not like she was constantly partying or caught wasted a la lohan so the whole concept was really weird to me... :/
Old 7th June 2016, 02:39 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I don't mind Party Queen too much, particularly if that shoot was a reflection of how Ayu felt at the time.

I think my primary issue with Ayu's recent shoots isn't her expression/photoshop as I commented upon before, but perhaps the lack of 'interesting' environment in her shoots? Like, I wouldn't even mind if they are beauty shots if they were more like Memorial Address or MY STORY, I think I just want to see environment objects other than a plain bed (i.e. A ONE and LOVE again). That is what is interesting about this shoot - there is actually rope, and I hope it appears in the booklet also so that the concept is fleshed out and explained/supported.

Last edited by 280301; 7th June 2016 at 02:43 PM.
Old 7th June 2016, 05:03 PM

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
I hate party queen because it looks half assed. And also, her image was never a party queen. Like, ever.

She was never a Lindsay or Paris or Britney.

So to try to play up the "media portrayal" of her, it doesn't work--she wasn't portrayed that way.

She's portrayed as a diva, but that's not the same as what's being expressed on PQ. So yeah, that's what makes me hate that cover lol.
I agree so much. I can't help the feeling that she was a drama queen while she came up with the concept and pitying herself.

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, cover, m(a)de in japan, made in japan