[Tohoshinki] They got you under their skins ~ 6th thread ~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 23rd November 2008, 10:53 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by VAL View Post
xD poor fans D:

I want the remix version of MIROTIC the violin is so beautiful!!! <3
I'm not following. Which remix of MIROTIC?

Anyway, found a really nice article about the boys:
Spoiler:

Quote:
DBSK MAKES HISTORY
Currently the ones shining in Korea and Asia is DBSK. DBSK's 4th album MIROTIC has taken over the number one spot in Korea, Japan, Thailand and etc. Last October DBSK took 1st place in weekly Oricon chart and had highest album sales for foreign artists in Thailand.

DBSK on the 15th in "2008 M.Net KM Music Festival" had won ALBUM of the Year, the highest Daesang, as well as took over the BIG5 awards even with the long out of country activites, without a shake, and without a doubt. They have once again took over the title of Korea's Best Idol Group and have proven this so.

On the 20th in the Hanteo Charts, DBSK 4th album hit 300,000 album sales. SM.ENT company has announced, however, that they have reached 360,000 currently. (T/N: HANTEO charts updates are slower.)

With the current state of digital sales being over album sales, DBSK's ability to sell over 300,000 album is truly amazing and meaningful. This year has been the best year for artists/idols passing 100,000 album sales, with Kim Dong-Yul, Big Bang, Brown Eyes, Seo Taiji and more passing record sales of 100,000, the amount of sales for DBSK has surpassed even this.

In reality, the image of idol group is not that of an artist, but just singers with visual looks. Because of this idol group's music are considered not sophisticated enough among korean music fans.

However this is not the case for DBSK. For DBSK, starting with their debut in 2004, all of their 4 albums sales have been around 300,000.

DBSK BREAKS 'IDOL - COLORED SINGERS' IMAGE. (T/N: colored - great on the outside..not much going on in reality)
Korean music critic Mr. Kim said that DBSK has the most loyal fans among any idol groups and this is why they were able to accomplish this even during the hard hit time when album sales were worst for singers in 2004.

Kim said "DBSK's fans, instead of going with the new digital sales, stay with purchasing albums very strictly, and through this they show that believe and know that to support their favorate artist and to show their respect, purchasing the album is the best way to support them"

By buying albums Korean fans and music lovers show that they really appreciate and agree that the quality of the music is in high standards.

Kim said "Big Bang and Wonder Girls debuted around time when digital sales were normal and DBSK had debuted around time when album sales were still popular. So the fans know, are used to, and understand more how important purchasing albums are and they stick with tradition"

And DBSK does not just have fans in the 10's but also all throughout the 30's. Because they have a wide age range in fans, it helps their albums sell more, especially since image of a more mature and manly DBSK has appealed to fans in the 20's as well.

WHY DBSK POPULAR IN ASIA
DBSK are able to gain popularity not just in korea because they are a group with everything: image, vocals, and dance skills. This is a rare case. Starting from their debut, DBSK has always shown the most powerful stage performances with lives. Starting 3 years ago, DBSK had been doing small concerts in Japan to get used to stepping into areas of unfamiliarity. Their live performances are the best. Their tall bodies and idol facial images is what DBSK adds to their talents.

Music critic Im Jin Mo has said "in DBSK's case, their image and performance as well as music has nothing for the critics to pick on. We can't really find a bad point about them to bash about. Especially with this 4th album - it has helped DBSK and people to realize how much DBSK appeals to fans all over Korea and Asia."

KIM "The reason DBSK is being accepted as artists in Japan even with their idol looks is because of their skills." "There are no idol groups in Japan that has everything from looks, great vocals and perfect dance performaces, this is why DBSK appeals to them. They are filling that empty spot for the Japanese fans."

Kim Ki Woong (MNET CP) "DBSK is a group that has surpassed the 1st generation idols H.O.T."

UNIT GROUPS SOLOS? NO! Reason is DBSK's stubborness.
Many idols currently are busy doing solo work as well as unit groups, but DBSK has never publicly done solo works.

Unit performances can definitely help the group to gain more popularity among various categories in the entertainment industry, but this can also bring negative effect to the groups. Also the image of solo work can get in way with the image of the members in groups as a whole too.

SM ENTERTAINMENT has said "DBSK will not be doing any SOLO work in the future or neither do we have any plans for it" "DBSK is a group that puts GROUP and TEAM first. "

MBC MUSIC CORE PD
"DBSK is like fusion food. You can put them anywhere in Asia and they will still be on top."
- Their vocal stills are really great. They have surpassed the past image of idols. They also are very good at keeping their group image. Since their debut I have never seen their image crumble and this is rare to see a group that have kept their image well this long... The reason why they were able to do this is because DBSK members are a very hard working group and they don't give up. They must be extremely tired with their schedule but I've never seen them show their weak side ever. Even when I meet them to have a conversation during recording, they always show high energy.

SBS INKIGAYO PD
"They are an idol's dream as well as an idol's end." (T/N: meaning they are what all idols wish to be what they dream about, and DBSK will end the idol world themselves meaning they will carry their fame till the end.)

- DBSK's performance, charisma, music, and visual image are best. They've shown a lot more relaxation onstage recently but their performance energy has gotten bigger. Are there any groups that can compare their talents with DBSK right now?

M.NET COUNTDOWN PD
"DBSK is Korea's representing idols because they are the highest idols of our country. They are at the top of the peak."

DBSK has surpassed the image of the 1st generation H.O.T. Their performance and music has been upgraded. Especially DBSK'S MIROTIC-Jumun; there are no groups or singers that can actually be able to do this music and actually make it look good as DBSK does. Their 'pose' on stage isn't something you can joke around about.

-------------------
credits: spn edaily 1|2
trans: virvir111@soompi (slight edits for understanding by clicheterms)
found on fangirlmitz

29-01-2010: Ayu in London
Old 24th November 2008, 12:45 AM
until that Day… Initiate

YUIAyuNamieUtada, they performed remix version of MIROTIC during Mnet Music Festival and also Blue Dragon Awards..

here's the link for MKMF 2008~
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=LUQd5YxB8Jo

and Blue Dragon Awards~
*on this show, Yunho and Junsu almost felt down because of the carpet~*
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=5xJbWZcBKug

credit: the uploaders~
Old 24th November 2008, 01:15 AM
Bold & Delicious Initiate

^ Arigatou I wanted to watch the Blue Dragon Clip

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyUmIXx View Post
Chandrachan, haha that banjun drama is just so funny..
have u watched all the banjun dramas?
no Dangerous Love is the only one I've seen
I saw a NG Clip of outtakes of the other Banjun Dramas and they look so good

"Why should the world exist without me? That wouldn't be fair"

http://www.new.facebook.com/profile.php?id=742893759

Last edited by Chandrachan; 24th November 2008 at 01:17 AM.
Old 24th November 2008, 07:48 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chandrachan View Post
^ Arigatou I wanted to watch the Blue Dragon Clip

no Dangerous Love is the only one I've seen
I saw a NG Clip of outtakes of the other Banjun Dramas and they look so good
oh u should watch other dramas too..
lots of funny scenes to laugh about

anyway, the boys go to Japan again today...for Gold Disk Awards on 27th Nov.. woww they're going to stay almost a week there?
should be recording bigeastation radio show too then~
Old 24th November 2008, 08:30 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
YUIAyuNamieUtada, they performed remix version of MIROTIC during Mnet Music Festival and also Blue Dragon Awards..

and Blue Dragon Awards~

thank you so much for the performances(is this a word .__.)
they looked so good and they danced amazing as always!!!
but the croud looked dead =/ if i was there i would've jumped and screamed like a moran XD

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 24th November 2008, 10:46 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:

and Blue Dragon Awards~

Ooh, that remix. I thought you were speaking about a new one

Old 25th November 2008, 07:07 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hearted View Post
thank you so much for the performances(is this a word .__.)
they looked so good and they danced amazing as always!!!
but the croud looked dead =/ if i was there i would've jumped and screamed like a moran XD
haha Blue Dragon Awards one?
haha the crowd was so silent maybe because it was not a music show..

YUIAyuNamieUtada, haha yea that one from the MKMF08
Old 25th November 2008, 02:38 PM
until that Day… Initiate

great news!!
the boys will be appearing at KOUHAKU this year!!
http://www3.nhk.or.jp/kouhaku/artists/index.html

pics of the boys at the press conference with some of the artists

credit: tvxqindo

and a video!
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=jT1mh_w2Bi8

credit: the uploader

it has been a dream come true!!
feel proud of the boys!

info about their new 25th Japanese single~
Quote:
[NEWS] 25th Japanese Single (Tohoshinki/DBSK/TVXQ/東方神起/동방신기)

25th Tohoshinki Single

"Tentative Title" (CD Single + DVD specifications)
Release Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Form: CD Single + DVD, jacket A
Trade Price: ¥ 1,890 (tax included)
more information:
CD single
1. Title TBD 1
2. Title Undecided 2
3. Title TBD 3
4. Title Undecided 1 (Instrumental)
5. Title Undecided 2 (Instrumental)
6. Title Undecided 3 (Instrumental)

【DVD】
1. Title Undecided 1 (Video Clip)

Benefit of their first limited press video
Short DVD off-shoot video

Benefit of their first limited press edition
Dong Bang Shin Ki jacket size card (1 sheet)
(Chosen randomly from six cards)

"Tentative Title" (CD own specifications)
Release Date: Wednesday, January 21, 2009
Form:

CD single, jacket B
Trade Price: ¥ 1,050 (tax included)
more information:
CD single
1. Title TBD 1
2. Title Undecided 2
3. Title TBD 3
4. Title Undecided 1 (Instrumental)
5. Title Undecided 2 (Instrumental)
6. Title Undecided 3 (Instrumental)
7. Song Undecided (Remix) ※ (of previous song)

Benefit of their first limited press edition
Dong Bang Shin Ki jacket size card updates (1 sheet)
(Chosen randomly from six cards)
12P luxurious booklet

**Avex.. is turning into SMEnt O_O BUT DAMN I WANT THAT 12P LUXURIUS BOOKLET WAI T_T
Source: 미미@DNBN + fangirlmitz

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 25th November 2008 at 05:19 PM.
Old 25th November 2008, 06:44 PM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

^ omg thats so good!!! is it their first time? and i see perfume there too yay

and i want that size-card!!!
i really hope this single will be upbeat!! no ballad, please T____T i love their ballads but they already have doushite kimi.... for the new album

ALWAYS KEEP THE FAITHproud member of ESS
kiss kiss frenchy frenchy | better than the love motion

Old 25th November 2008, 09:59 PM
SAKURA Initiate

i'm happy they'll finally be at kouhaku. i think they deserve it

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 25th November 2008, 10:04 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
i'm happy they'll finally be at kouhaku. i think they deserve it
Yes, they do

MUSIC JAPAN Special Dong Bang Shin Ki: Sunday, Nov. 30 3:05 p.m.
More info: http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...apan-blog.html

Old 25th November 2008, 11:53 PM
And Then Initiate

Not sure if any of you heard this but there are rumors going around that Changmin was attacked by an anti fan at the Kimpo airport

Apparently when TVXQ was at the Kimpo airport a few days ago, two chinese anti-fans approached Changmin, yelled at him and hit him on the head. There really isn't much evidence of this actually happening. People are making these accusations off of a fan video where the boys turn around and see some commotion happening in the background (where Changmin was) and also some photo's of Changmin adjusting his beanie on his head.

Here's a video below

credit to allkpop for the info

[
Old 26th November 2008, 12:16 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

^Why are people so freaking mean to THSK???

Old 26th November 2008, 12:28 AM
ever free Initiate

i heard about it on the dbsg lj community (though the entry was deleted for drama lol). i'm not going to automatically assume that it did happen, but honestly, it looks like it did. a bag is obviously thrown at him at the beginning of the video and the people around him seem to be a bit too worried for him to just be adjusting his hat.
Old 26th November 2008, 12:36 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Temari_2, yea.. bout that incident.. actually everything is still rumor.. never really know what exactly happened on that day...
still got no any fancams where we got to see the girls hitting Changmin..
but just praying that Changmin is ok with it

oh well..more pics of them at the press conference!

credit: tvxqindo

hearted, yeapp it's their very first time!
they totally deserve it!
Old 26th November 2008, 11:38 AM
Far away Initiate

super cool pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nyaaaa :3 i'm super excited they were invited to kohaku :3 there's so many big artists there, right. <3 Mickeys hair... XD kawaiii jyaa~n way awesome.

Was it really true changmin got attacked by an antifan?? the video is no longer available ....... poor minnie TT!!!!
Old 26th November 2008, 12:34 PM
until that Day… Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by PrincessAyu View Post
super cool pics!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! nyaaaa :3 i'm super excited they were invited to kohaku :3 there's so many big artists there, right. <3 Mickeys hair... XD kawaiii jyaa~n way awesome.

Was it really true changmin got attacked by an antifan?? the video is no longer available ....... poor minnie TT!!!!

many versions of that incident..

Spoiler:
some said, he was not hit by the antifan, some said he was hit..
but for sure, the girls shouted cursed words towards him (or maybe to all the boys..)
my opinion is that, the girls are antifans of the boys..

but other version said that those girls are Jae's fans...maybe they don't like Changmin or something..

also...... some said, they're new fans of the boys...
and the reason of why they were doing the attack was because JaeMin scolded them before when at the time, don't know where, JaeMin were about to go the toilet and those two girls were stalking them to the toilet too..so Jae was mad at first but not really mad though, Changmin who was the one who really really mad at those girls and scolded them real loud..
so the girls pissed off....
(gosh who wouldn't mad if we got stalked by someone to the toilet?? it's a privacy!)

so, they planned to attack JaeMin at the airport.. but Changmin was the one who was targeted maybe because he was on the back? and Jae was already up to the escalator?

i think those fancams bout the incidents have been deleted so that ppl will just forget about it.. so i think we'll have to forget about it too..
i believe that the boys are not even thinking about it.. they must be so happy about NHK KOUHAKU now!

Last edited by AyUmIXx; 26th November 2008 at 12:36 PM.
Old 26th November 2008, 06:14 PM
And Then Initiate

Wow the videos already gone?! I doubt it was true though but I also heard that same story as well AyUmIXx
Old 27th November 2008, 12:13 AM
until that Day… Initiate

anyway gotta watch these.. Yunho and Yoochun going crazy..don't know what are they doing~
part 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=sor47642QDo

part 2
http://fr.youtube.com/watch?v=wJn9fsGHQUk

both are in english subs

and watch this their comment about being in KOUHAKU~ seems they're so happy~
http://ca.youtube.com/watch?v=pTGK4rCeUIo

Old 27th November 2008, 12:37 AM
And Then Initiate

^

AHAH thanks for sharing the first 2 videos their were funny.
Closed Thread

Tags
dbsk, dong bang shin ki, tohoshinki, tvxq