Why was my post deleted? - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Board Forums > FAQ, Tech Support, and Guidelines

Notices

Old 25th June 2012, 01:27 AM
fairyland Initiate

Why was my post deleted?

So, recently there was some drama in the Kana thread and some posts got trashed, rightfully so. However, for some reason a post that I made was trashed too, even though there was nothing in it that was related to the drama!! I'm confused. I want my initiate to change and it won't if my posts get trashed because it was mistakenly trashed because it was trashed with the drama.

I'm not like, up in arms upset over it, or anything. I'm just pointing out that it happened. Also, if there was a reason that it was trashed, I would like to know what it was so that I don't do it again.

Old 25th June 2012, 01:36 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

They might have just trashed a set number of pages instead of going by individual posts which can be very time consuming~

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 25th June 2012, 12:44 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Don't worry Happi, the mods usually do it like that. Sometimes they (idk) feel like some posts were linked to the negative discussion? However I've seen several cases where people could just request the mods to remove a post, and they would do it... There was one post of mine in which I didn't reply to the drama but just to your post and that one got deleted too, I had to quote myself from the trashcan... (edit; the post contained "you're very funny" and a ******** of explanation about why I like "If" by Kana Nishino. The "you're very funny" was reason enough for the mod to remove my post O.o)

If emi's reason is what was the case;

That's not an excuse whatsoever. To be very honest I feel like mods should have the time to be moderators, and not just do what is less time consuming for them. If they don't or aren't able to spend that much time on AHS then, sorry but just pass your rights over to someone who can do it rightfully. (Same goes for the [CDS] Original Singles Credits thread... They stopped updating it at Moon / blossom release, while the same mod does have the time to start contests and such)

But besides that and just one AHS user on here I don't have a problem at all! I like sharing my ripped stuff, and I like following ayu and other J-POP artists and the movement of certain AHS users.

This is my view towards several mods here in AHS, of course it's all in my opinion and based on what I've seen!
Old 25th June 2012, 05:51 PM
Fly high Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by happiholic★ View Post
However, for some reason a post that I made was trashed too, even though there was nothing in it that was related to the drama!! I'm confused. I want my initiate to change and it won't if my posts get trashed because it was mistakenly trashed because it was trashed with the drama.

I'm not like, up in arms upset over it, or anything. I'm just pointing out that it happened. Also, if there was a reason that it was trashed, I would like to know what it was so that I don't do it again.
It was trashed because of the quoted part. The content itself is fine.

I feel there are better ways to put an opinion across than having the in-built censor replace every second word (again, referring to the quoted part not your message).

Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
There was one post of mine in which I didn't reply to the drama but just to your post and that one got deleted too, I had to quote myself from the trashcan... (edit; the post contained "you're very funny" and a ******** of explanation about why I like "If" by Kana Nishino. The "you're very funny" was reason enough for the mod to remove my post O.o)
This was a mistake of mine. Happens sometimes when moving a batch of posts at once.
Old 25th June 2012, 10:40 PM
xLitax

Quote:
Don't worry Happi, the mods usually do it like that. Sometimes they (idk) feel like some posts were linked to the negative discussion? However I've seen several cases where people could just request the mods to remove a post, and they would do it... There was one post of mine in which I didn't reply to the drama but just to your post and that one got deleted too, I had to quote myself from the trashcan... (edit; the post contained "you're very funny" and a ******** of explanation about why I like "If" by Kana Nishino. The "you're very funny" was reason enough for the mod to remove my post O.o)

That's not an excuse whatsoever. To be very honest I feel like mods should have the time to be moderators, and not just do what is less time consuming for them. If they don't or aren't able to spend that much time on AHS then, sorry but just pass your rights over to someone who can do it rightfully. (Same goes for the [CDS] Original Singles Credits thread... They stopped updating it at Moon / blossom release, while the same mod does have the time to start contests and such)

But besides that and just one AHS user on here I don't have a problem at all! I like sharing my ripped stuff, and I like following ayu and other J-POP artists and the movement of certain AHS users.

This is my view towards several mods here in AHS, of course it's all in my opinion and based on what I've seen!
Calm down. It's an internet forum.
Old 25th June 2012, 11:17 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLitax View Post
Calm down. It's an internet forum.
No need to calm anyone down for such a minor thing (you're such a sweet caring girl) and thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that! (:
Old 26th June 2012, 12:14 AM
xLitax

Quote:
No need to calm anyone down for such a minor thing (you're such a sweet caring girl) and thanks for informing me, I wasn't aware of that! (:
Maybe you'll understand we you grow up a bit, you don't have to get all miffed about people on the internet.
Old 26th June 2012, 01:24 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

Quote:

That's not an excuse whatsoever. To be very honest I feel like mods should have the time to be moderators, and not just do what is less time consuming for them. If they don't or aren't able to spend that much time on AHS then, sorry but just pass your rights over to someone who can do it rightfully.
As much as I respect your beliefs, in the end it doesn't really matter. Posts are just posts. And some posts, especially in the official artists threads, don't really tend to be THAT important

Sorry, but, if there's drama going on for several pages...or even just more than one, I think it's fine for them to just trash all the pages, even if there are a few posts within that might not be about the drama.

There is nothing anywhere that says what the "rightful" duties of a mod are...they just tend to use their best judgement. And well, after 12+ years of AHS being active, I think they're doing pretty okay

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 26th June 2012, 01:39 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLitax View Post
Maybe you'll understand we you grow up a bit, you don't have to get all miffed about people on the internet.
Thanks for the advice grandma, but that doesn't apply to me at all. Nice to see you trying so hard though.

Quote:
Originally Posted by emi♡ View Post
As much as I respect your beliefs, in the end it doesn't really matter. Posts are just posts. And some posts, especially in the official artists threads, don't really tend to be THAT important

Sorry, but, if there's drama going on for several pages...or even just more than one, I think it's fine for them to just trash all the pages, even if there are a few posts within that might not be about the drama.

There is nothing anywhere that says what the "rightful" duties of a mod are...they just tend to use their best judgement. And well, after 12+ years of AHS being active, I think they're doing pretty okay
Yeah but some people actually spend their time on contributing to the thread and sharing their voice. Deleting such posts because it's less time consuming is kinda disrespectful in my humblest opinion. It was inevitable this time because the whole Kana thread was thrashed, but it has happened countless times before. And it's pretty subjective to what is important and what's not. For me I think important posts are either posts which contain news or posts wherein people express themselves (the most priority goes to people who review / cover / make analysis about stuff -song's, pv's etc.- aka posts where people put a lot of time in). That's the only downside of multiple page thrashing for me.

With rightful (duties) I was referring to the tasks which are time consuming, and the Credits thread which hasn't been touched for like 2 years or so.

Though this doesn't burden me that much It's not like my eyes burn from anger or something. I think the moderators do a pretty decent job, it's not like I think they're all lazy and that they must retire or something. I just think they're pretty lax at moments. But who cares.
Old 29th June 2012, 03:17 PM
BLUE BIRD Protector

Maybe if there wasn't so much fighting and immature bickering, things like that wouldn't happen as often (not directed at you, happiholic; just making a general statement.) But you can't expect too much from a gathering of people on the internet, I suppose, which is a huge reason we have to have mods to begin with. We do what we can, but we have lives outside of the internet too. I'm sorry if others don't and spend their every waking hour here, but you can't ask that of everyone else. We are aware we need more active mods and are working on that atm, but for now, we're doing what we can and ask that everyone have a little patience.

did you imagine this kind of future?

@luckynekolady instagram

Old 29th June 2012, 05:15 PM
HONEY Protector

Location: Oxford, UK (originally from Vancouver Island, Canada)
Just want to throw it out there too, if anyone is interested in becoming a mod, or knows someone who would be great at it, there is a nominations thread that we encourage people to use!

With so many members it's hard for us to think of all the people that would do a great job... especially with many once active mods not as active and therefore being out of the loop, and not knowing lots of the current active members *shy wave*

Check out my shop with handmade book jewellery!
Shop: www.coryographies.etsy.com --- Blog: www.coryographies.blogspot.com
Other blog: www.palaeolinguist.blogspot.com --- Other forum: www.linguistforum.com