Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 ~VI: Third chapter~ - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 16th January 2018, 04:48 PM
walking proud Initiate

Yeah, she has been fake crying for a long time now. Kind of dissappointing to be honest. I feel like it is real though when you can hear her voice being choked up. That would be hard to fake I think. So yeah, the Walk performance sounded real to me.
Old 16th January 2018, 05:59 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

It's a performance, I don't see it as a big deal. There are some songs she has been performing for almost 20 years now, it's a little too much asking her to personally get moved by it every single time.

Good acting means she actually is feeling those songs, because a good stage actor needs to feel the scenes, even if those feelings are fabricated.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 16th January 2018, 11:34 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

I liked her performing "Walk" it was really genuine. After that show i never saw her performing that song again.
Old 16th January 2018, 11:42 PM
still alone Initiate

I think sometimes she is acting and sometimes it is real. I think Power Of Music had the most genuine tears.
Old 16th January 2018, 11:50 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

CDL07-08 was all real though, I think. Like to the point where the crying was screwing with the live after it hit her hard.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:16 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
CDL07-08 was all real though, I think. Like to the point where the crying was screwing with the live after it hit her hard.
I love this concert though. It made me fall in love with untitled because it’s such a heartbreaking performance.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:23 AM
too late Initiate

In my viewpoint, crying is a part of the her concert by the 3 reasons:

1. After singing some songs in the same part, she feels her voice is getting weaker, she can't hold on longer, she will cry, so that the audience will understand that due to her crying, the voice is worse.

2. She cries because there is something reminded when she sings. We all know that some song has the special memories of Ayu like A Song for XX, Memorial Address, HEAVEN, SAKURA... That is real crying.

3. She wants to create the great experience for the audience, there are some songs written for fans, she cries to make the lyrics more emotional and the fans will have feel the lyrics and the song.
Old 17th January 2018, 07:15 AM
rainy day Initiate

This relates the the previous topic about the seat location and lottery results for global fans.

Is this year the first year that they’ve divided the ballots for Japanese fans and global fans? I thought in the past everyone applied using the same method/site but this year they had separate dates and application methods for global fans and Japanese fans. That might explain a lot.

However, I could be wrong cause I never paid much attention to the previous years’ methods since it was an impossibility for me to attend anyway.
Old 17th January 2018, 10:17 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
This relates the the previous topic about the seat location and lottery results for global fans.

Is this year the first year that they’ve divided the ballots for Japanese fans and global fans? I thought in the past everyone applied using the same method/site but this year they had separate dates and application methods for global fans and Japanese fans. That might explain a lot.

However, I could be wrong cause I never paid much attention to the previous years’ methods since it was an impossibility for me to attend anyway.

It was always like that.
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2012-2013 ~WAKE UP~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
15th Anniversary TOUR ~A BEST LIVE~ (11.05, 12.05 (Yokohama), 15.05, 16.05 (Osaka)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2013-2014 A (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2014-2015 A, Cirque de Minuit (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
ARENA TOUR 2015 Cirque de Minuit ~真夜中のサーカス~(11.04, 12.04 Saitama)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2015-2016 A ~MADE IN TOKYO~ (29.12, 30.12, 31.12)
COUNTDOWN LIVE 2016-2017 A『Just the beginning -20-』(29.12, 30.12)
Old 17th January 2018, 11:00 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
It was 100% real! She was dealing with the death of her friend and stuff like that.

ARENA TOUR 2015 A Cirque de Minuit ~Mayonaka no Circus~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2015.04.11/12
ARENA TOUR 2018 ~POWER of MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ @ Saitama Super Arena 2018.04.07
Tokyo Rainbow Pride @ Yoyogi Park 2018.05.06
a-nation' 2018 @ Ajinomoto Stadium 2018.08.26
LIVE TOUR -TROUBLE- 2018-2019 A @ Nakano Sunplaza 2019.02.06
ayumi hamasaki 21st anniversary -POWER of A^3- @ Saitama Super Arena 2019.04.07
Old 17th January 2018, 12:11 PM
As if.. Initiate

I would prefer it if she didn't cry in her songs, tbh.

Like in the 2015 Arena tour she totally ruined "Last Minute" with the exaggerated fake crying.

In the 2011 PoM performance of "BRILLANTE" she tears up a bit toward the end and her voice chokes in the last sentence. That was genuine and it was a nice touch.
Old 17th January 2018, 12:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamalley View Post
I would prefer it if she didn't cry in her songs, tbh.

Like in the 2015 Arena tour she totally ruined "Last Minute" with the exaggerated fake crying.

In the 2011 PoM performance of "BRILLANTE" she tears up a bit toward the end and her voice chokes in the last sentence. That was genuine and it was a nice touch.
Yeah it was super annoying. Sometimes it seems honest though like during walking proud (AT 2005) or during the Cirque Du Minuit Countdown towards the end of Walk, most of the time it comes off as super fake.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 17th January 2018, 01:19 PM
Far away Initiate

^ I agree.

The fake crying during Secret at AT15 ruined the perfomance for me.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:49 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
So happy you got to go! I love it when people get to go for the first time, knowing how absolutely amazing mine was. Did you cry? Lol, I melted down at the end of my first time.

Speaking of crying, yeah ayu cries a lot during the show, but much of it is part of the theatrics. For example, in Last minute, she stopped singing and just sat there and “cried” at the exact same part during both shows I went to, and resumed singing in the same spot too.

Also I forgot to mention that I think Timmy gets to improvise slightly during the portion where he comes on stage and his cane is somewhat controlling him. Like the first time I saw him he kept calling it his “sexy” stick, and he pointed to me with it and said “are you a bad boy??” Lmao. Then when it’s like stuck on the stage and he’s trying to pull it back out, during the New Years show he said “Fuck it.” and I died, lol. The show on January 5th he didn’t say that.
I almost did - I pretty much broke down like a little baby on the inside. The Timmy part was kind of awkward because I felt like I was probably the only one who understood him LOL.

Are you still in Japan? Any other Ayu fans in Japan would like to potentially meet up? I'm in Nagoya right now.
Old 17th January 2018, 02:53 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Regarding the "fake" crying - I felt like during the show every single time she struggled screaming through the high notes, it was almost guaranteed she would start crying - esp during ballads. I wonder if it's a thing she does to cover up her current harsh vocal condition or she's just simply upset that she can't reach certain notes anymore?
Old 17th January 2018, 04:28 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Some songs she doesn't cry during that high note stuff though. It's usually just ballads because they are approaching their 'emotional peak' during those bits.

I don't mind it so much but the Japanese fans usually get a rise out of it either way. That is probably the main reason why, because she knows people are like "aww...." at some point.

Last edited by truehappiness; 17th January 2018 at 04:30 PM.
Old 17th January 2018, 04:58 PM
SURREAL Initiate

I just came to see if there were any news/pics of the tour and there are only posts about if she fakes cries or not
Old 17th January 2018, 05:10 PM
Boys & Girls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I just came to see if there were any news/pics of the tour and there are only posts about if she fakes cries or not
welcome to AHS
Old 17th January 2018, 05:31 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
It's a performance, I don't see it as a big deal. There are some songs she has been performing for almost 20 years now, it's a little too much asking her to personally get moved by it every single time.
I personally don't care if she is personally moved by it every time or not. I would prefer it if she just performed the way she feels the song at the time, rather than faking it even if that meant less "crying". It's pretty obvious when it's faked anyway.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
Regarding the "fake" crying - I felt like during the show every single time she struggled screaming through the high notes, it was almost guaranteed she would start crying - esp during ballads. I wonder if it's a thing she does to cover up her current harsh vocal condition or she's just simply upset that she can't reach certain notes anymore?
I also agree with this. She's not the only artist to do so. You make something "emotional" to cover up that you can't hit the note.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 17th January 2018 at 05:34 PM.
Old 17th January 2018, 06:27 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
Any other Ayu fans in Japan would like to potentially meet up? I'm in Nagoya right now.
> I will be in Japan starting the 1st of February, but I'll be in Tokyo. In case you're still there, we could meet.

Does anyone has experience with ordering tickets via the Lawson Ticket Online Page? I want to order a ticket for the aomori show but I don't know how it works. Maybe someone here can help me.

Tags
just the beginning -20-, sacrifice, tour 2017