Empress of J-Pop to withdraw from Japan, and focus on the US and Europe [Theory] - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Celebrity News

Notices

Old 15th July 2009, 10:27 PM
Who... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xheartstation View Post
Well Rhianna doesnt have such nice English if you ask me....and she's insanely popular....
Rihanna's from Barbados. English is the official language there, but she might not speak perfect American-English.

いい音楽品質が欲しい。
Old 15th July 2009, 10:29 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by noidea View Post
Especially because Connected was the most succesful japanese single in Germany EVER, coming at place 82(i think) in the german single charts and one of the remix singles even got a very high(somewhere in the top 5 i think) dance chart position, i think it was a m remix.
I think for concerts and rereleases of her japanese albums(in the way many J-Rock bands do, without promoting them of course, only releasing and a little internet and concertpromo) she could fill halls in some european countrys, I think the countrys with most japanese artists coming there are Germany, France and Britain. In these 3 countrys I think she could sell her albums and fill concerts ina way in which she would NOT make a minus, but also without earning much money.
She would really have to tone down her show though just to break even. And didn't she say in some interview, she would only perform overseas if she could do her usual show?
Old 15th July 2009, 10:30 PM
~ayu-cake~

If Ayu ever came to the UK... damn.. I'd eat a pair of knickers.
True story.
Old 15th July 2009, 10:34 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
She would really have to tone down her show though just to break even. And didn't she say in some interview, she would only perform overseas if she could do her usual show?
yeah, she would have to do something like TA Limited Live Tour, but on the other hand, in an european concert, she can use a small stage and REUSE costumes and effects, that would make minimal costs, because the highest costs would be making new things and flying over a big stage, and maybe only take like 4 dancers with her
Old 15th July 2009, 10:36 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

lol rumors.
btw if the western debut it's true, what kind of musical genre will she sing?
Maybe electronic music? I don't know.. though Ayu sings a song like Eat You Up makes me smile lol.

Old 15th July 2009, 10:37 PM
WE WISH Initiate

I wouldn't even mind flying to Paris to see her perform there...but I'd rather her come to London, I wouldn't even want an elaborate concert, after all European concerts aren't often elaborate imo. ^^
Toned down would be nice. But she couldn't change ridiculous prices like avex does in Asia...no one would be willing to pay no matter who she is to Asia or us...
Old 15th July 2009, 10:40 PM
A BALLADS Initiate

^ actually Ayus prices arent that high compared to other japanese prices, some artists, like Seiko Matsuda, have concerts where special tickets(with good seats) cost 4 or 5 times(sometimes even more) than an ayu ticket
Old 15th July 2009, 10:42 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

The international atempt doesn't really mean "releasing an album in english"... She can have a world tour to her international fanbase for example... I think it's nice to Hikki releasing american material, cuz she is american... But I don't really trust ayu skills of composing on another language... and it would be strange if she releases music with someone else lyrics outside Japan...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th July 2009, 10:42 PM
WE WISH Initiate

noidea: Jeeze that's insane. I can barely afford an Ayu ticket right now. ROFL
Woe is being a poor student.

Adrene: Well, a lot of visual k bands manage to gain sucess in Europe without singing in English, look at Dir en grey!
Old 15th July 2009, 10:48 PM
Greatful days Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Furashubakku View Post
I wouldn't even mind flying to Paris to see her perform there...but I'd rather her come to London, I wouldn't even want an elaborate concert, after all European concerts aren't often elaborate imo. ^^
Im thinking though, where in London would she perform? Japanese artists usually go to the O2 Academy Islington which is quite small and I dont think she'd perform there. Then theres the O2 Academy Brixton and thats just ... yeah.

Im not sure where she'd perform.

... she should come to Birmingham's Symphony Hall. Just puttin that out there.

Old 15th July 2009, 10:52 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Maxker View Post
As
According to the inside document report FRIDAY has got in their possession, the lates international releases from both fellow label colleague BoA and her former rival Utada Hikaru was received with great enthusiasm by producers and critics in the U.S, with the exception of the general public. Under several circumstances, its in fact the name ĞAyumi Hamasakiğ that have been mentioned and sought after, both during interviews and live presentations, to Utada's and BoA's frustration.
If nothing else is, this is so true and hilarious!

travel, art and food!
Old 15th July 2009, 11:19 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
it will probably not help her popularity in Japan any and if it fails (which history has shown it is likely to), she would likely be coming back to a smaller fanbase I think.
That's also what I'm dreading. Going abroad may cause changes in Japanese feelings. It can makes her more absent, less connected to the Japanese audience...

And I also think being asian and staying there makes her special... I don't know how to explain... I don't want to see her on TV or to hear her songs while buying in supermarkets (... mmh why not? ^^).
No definitively no.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:25 PM
Curtain call Initiate

Quote:
She is also rumored to purchase many high-level furniture,
even a toilet covered with diamonds imported from a nightclub in Hong Kong.
i believe that
Old 15th July 2009, 11:27 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

The worse that could possibly happen is that only her fans in the us and europe buy her stuff on Itunes and after BoA's and Utadas run she will at least be succesful in that department. She doesn't have a chance making it big as any american artist though unfortunetly. And its not necissarily her, but the American public. Not sure about Europe.
However, if she did do a concert/press conferance ala Utada'a Sephora events she will attract hundreds as did Utada.

She's got the money to do her shows, its just a matter of selling tickets. A NY show in summer could garner a huge crown me thinks.

Last edited by Evolution7/4; 15th July 2009 at 11:30 PM.
Old 15th July 2009, 11:28 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Adrene: Well, a lot of visual k bands manage to gain sucess in Europe without singing in English, look at Dir en grey!
yeah, this is what I'm thinking^^
She is already being officially released on the west btw (itunes)

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 15th July 2009, 11:41 PM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by micster View Post
Im thinking though, where in London would she perform? Japanese artists usually go to the O2 Academy Islington which is quite small and I dont think she'd perform there. Then theres the O2 Academy Brixton and thats just ... yeah.

Im not sure where she'd perform.

... she should come to Birmingham's Symphony Hall. Just puttin that out there.
Or she could come to Machester...even Sheffield.

Adrene: Yeah! I mean, if Dir en grey can do it, I think that Ayu could...even if she'd have to do stuff she's unused to doing like whoring herself around events~...
Old 15th July 2009, 11:54 PM
GAME Initiate

Call me crazy, but I'd rather not have Ayu do a concert near me. I'd rather travel across the world to Japan or something. It's hard to explain.. But yeah, if she performed at like an anime convention or something here I totally wouldn't go. That's just degrading for an artist of her caliber. If I'm gonna see her live, I want it to be biiiig and spectacular, you know?
Old 16th July 2009, 12:00 AM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

I can't even bear to read some of your responses...lol
Why would anyone want her to go international?
She would NOT do well in the US or UK
To even sell the bare minimum she would have to COMPLETELY change her style
she wouldn't be ayu anymore.

It will end up like BoA or hikki's US careers...if you can even call them careers.

Stick with Japan.

edit - although, a tour in the US would be AWESOME
even if only a few shows...then I could actually see her.
It would be a dream come true...

Last edited by Pieces_of_SEVEN; 16th July 2009 at 12:02 AM.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:00 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Call me crazy, but I'd rather not have Ayu do a concert near me. I'd rather travel across the world to Japan or something. It's hard to explain.. But yeah, if she performed at like an anime convention or something here I totally wouldn't go. That's just degrading for an artist of her caliber. If I'm gonna see her live, I want it to be biiiig and spectacular, you know?
I see where you're coming from. But Ayu only has that calibre in parts of Asia. If she's planning on making it in the West, we have to be shown she's prepared to work for it.

SoCrazy: I disagree, if Dir en grey can do well in the West, why can't Ayumi? In my opinion, BoA and Hikki have failed because they're too willing to change themselves, whereas I think Ayu will keep herself as who she isn't.
Old 16th July 2009, 12:01 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Toned down would be nice. But she couldn't change ridiculous prices like avex does in Asia...no one would be willing to pay no matter who she is to Asia or us...
Yeah, I'd so go to Paris too! TBH, after Utada's This Is The One, I'm not too fussed about an English album. She'd have to spent a lot of time promoting too - rather than pumping out the singles/albums. I guess I would be a bit apprehensive about an english album because I wouldn't want to be disappointed by the results. She'd probably have to work with US producers rather than her usual people. (I'd want an Ayumi album in english, not an Ayumi album made for the english market e.g. compare Utada's first two english albums) [/end rant]

mi|kshake~