Ayumi smoking? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 17th October 2005, 08:08 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

isn't smoking EXTREMELY popular in japan? i mean all of Laruku's members smoke right? i thought it was like cool or something...yuck...i wouldn't smoke...but i love the smell of cigars, not cigarettes, cigars...for some reason whenever i say that, someone always has to say "you like cigarettes? DISGUSTING!" did i say cigarettes??? the cherry-vanilla cigars smell the best!

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 17th October 2005, 08:46 AM
poker face Initiate

I don't believe ayu smokes.. In the Real Me making-of screenshot someone posted the white thing is a pen. It can't be a cigarette because there's no smoke, and it doesn't look like a cigarette. And I doubt that she would smoke in such a place.

The second pic with the cigar.. Well that's just a made-up photo, not a real life situation. Anyhow, if she does smoke, i believe she does it rarely.
Old 18th October 2005, 03:01 AM
No way to say Initiate

If I were to side on if I thought if Ayu smoked or not, I would say she does not. The picture of her looking like she's holding a cigarette, does not look like one. I remember someone saying that there was an image of her smoking in the making of Real me, but I didn't see it at all. If she smokes, I would guess she smokes very little. Smoking is the leading cause of death (among Americans, I want to say, but am unsure), even more than alcohol, suicide, fire, AIDS, illegal drugs, and other things.

We'd probably have to ask Ayu to know if she smokes for sure, lol. She's a smart girl IMO, and I don't think she's a heavy smoker (if she smokes at all). I remember a picture from the making of CAROLS and people thinking she was holding a cigarette, but it was lip gloss.

That picture of her with a cigar just looks like a poster. Just looks like a grown "male" look. Note the mustache. I also recall people saying her voice totally changed when A BALLADS was released, but that could've been something totally different.

I'm just expressing my feelings here. Correct me if I've said anything wrong.
Old 18th October 2005, 04:15 AM
WHATEVER Initiate

stupid.ca

Canadian government broadcasts all these ads that compare many stupid things with smoking, to prove that smoking is stupid, an ultimately, as Chibi_Venus, is a leading cause to death. Some of the ads are hilarious
Old 18th October 2005, 06:41 AM
Are You Wake Up? Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruixiong89
Erm ... people, well, I don't know. I believe that yar, it's Ayumi's choice. But I do feel that she doesn't smoke, it's a gut feel, because yar, she's singer and I'm sure Avex would not allow their singers to smoke. It's for their interest.

Regarding the other incident about Ayu smoking, well, I suppose she was too drunk, hence she just picked the cigarette up. But I don't know, if you want to say that smoking has resulted in her voice getting more and more rough and worse ... well, I seriously don't think so ...

Thats is not True Avex can't decide that for anyone I mean Namie Amuro smokes and she is on Avex. Well I know Ayumi smokes I seen pictures of it along time about So yeah I think she does.

Msmiyabi formerly known as Akurei
MsMiyabi + Koda Kumi!
Proud Koda Kumi Fan Since 2000 & Namie Amuro Fan Since 1995<3
Old 18th October 2005, 09:26 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Akurei
Thats is not True Avex can't decide that for anyone I mean Namie Amuro smokes and she is on Avex. Well I know Ayumi smokes I seen pictures of it along time about So yeah I think she does.
You mind posting the pictures, coz i don't really think she smokes.

COSFEST 06 MAYU ASUKA (GSD)

EOY 06 YOTSUBA (SISTER PRINCESS)

Old 18th October 2005, 10:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Eh;; about ayu smoking.. I really don't think she'd be able to keep singing/working the way that she does. Not like her voice would just change, but her look would generally.. show it. You know? And we'd probably see it SOMEWHERE in an offshot.. you know, like the ARENATOUR 05 ones, where we see her drinking and all that. Shouldn't we have seen something like that?

;o; If she smokes, she must be a really stealthy person at smoking, cause she hides it from the public REALLY well..
Old 19th October 2005, 01:33 PM
WE WISH Initiate

ayu does smoke. It's been published in a chinese tabloid paper that she was smoking in a pub and hurling vulgarities at someone. However, I have long since deleted away the picture, so I can't show you the evidence. I'm sure someone here may have it, so I just hope that person comes along and upload the picture.
Old 19th October 2005, 02:41 PM
spacelion

Yes Ayu smokes and so do most Asian singers. I think Ayu smokes privately though like when she is out drinking with her friends. She probably thinks smoking in front of people is rude and she dislikes rude people. You don't see her smoke in the Area Tours or w.e. because that is her "work" and not her "free time."
So yeah..
*she smokes
*she drinks
*she's human
Old 19th October 2005, 03:26 PM
Depend on you Initiate

i believe she smokes but VERY little... for so long in the industry n only 1 comfirmed pic of her smoking prove that she smokes once in a MILLION YEARS!!
Old 19th October 2005, 06:33 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi no Yume
I doubt highly that she smokes...but then, there's this...
LOL XD and that isnt even lit. They lit it once so it would burn some, and let it go out most likely.

Isnt there more important things than Hamasaki smoking? Or drinking? Like how Hamasaki is "hellza" copying Cher..."dude," this is all really "raw."
Old 19th October 2005, 07:07 PM
Two of us Initiate

She's probably a social smoker, or a drinking smoker.
Old 20th October 2005, 01:21 AM
Two of us Initiate

I'm sure she smokes, which makes me kind of sad.
Old 20th October 2005, 05:33 AM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by opal tanya cho
ayu does smoke. It's been published in a chinese tabloid paper that she was smoking in a pub and hurling vulgarities at someone. However, I have long since deleted away the picture, so I can't show you the evidence. I'm sure someone here may have it, so I just hope that person comes along and upload the picture.
Er... chinese tabloids are really not the first "evidence" you should be trusting. They always write false stuff and write things that are exaggerated just so more people will buy their newspaper...
Old 20th October 2005, 10:21 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Wasn't there photos in tabloids a while back of Ayu in a club with some friends and she was clearly smoking and drinking, and then Ayu confirmed that that was her? So she does smoke, most likely socially. Here's the link to the thread:

http://iota.asmallorange.com/~ahsfor...t=21781&page=8

First page has scans and the last page has more scans with confirmation with a message posted at TA BBS. So it seems Ayu does smoke, at least socially.

"Once you turn into a memory, you exist inside me forever
& that's the cruelest thing there is..."
-18.12.08- -25.06.09- -29.02.12- -06.08.13-

. . . . . .
Old 20th October 2005, 04:26 PM
devilayu

Just to diffuse some assumptions about smoking...
- just because you're a singer doesn't mean you can't or won't smoke. I know an opera singer who smokes and I can guarantee that kind of singing is more difficult than anything Ayumi has done
- for emilytogawa: From what I understand, all the Laruku members except Tetsu smoke. Hyde is supposedly trying to smoke less but not quit.
- Japan doesn't have the same smoking bans as America, so it's not exactly "rude" to smoke in a public place (I mean, you can smoke inside the airports)
- there's nothing 'wrong' with smoking, even though it is very unhealthy. It's a bad habit but it doesn't make anyone less intelligent for doing it. It's also an addiction, so for some people, kicking the habit is very hard.

The board is split on whether or not Ayumi smokes but if she did, would you like her any less because of it? I'm sure we all have friends and relatives who smoke but it's their choice, not yours.
Old 20th October 2005, 06:04 PM
TO BE Initiate

T____T i hate it.....i wish someone never make this thread......now the image of perfect ayu in my mind are broken.....
Old 20th October 2005, 06:55 PM
poker face Initiate

tsk tsk that sux...

Bold & Delicious/Pride 11/30/05
[new album] 1/1/06
"It doesn't matter though because I am a turkey and you are a cat and no matter how much i tell you what 'gobble gobble' means, you'll never understand it..." -Brady the Great
Old 20th October 2005, 07:52 PM
ourselves Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HanabiChick
Wasn't there photos in tabloids a while back of Ayu in a club with some friends and she was clearly smoking and drinking, and then Ayu confirmed that that was her? So she does smoke, most likely socially. Here's the link to the thread:

http://iota.asmallorange.com/~ahsfor...t=21781&page=8

First page has scans and the last page has more scans with confirmation with a message posted at TA BBS. So it seems Ayu does smoke, at least socially.
She looks so much skinnier in that picture holding the cigarette.
Old 20th October 2005, 08:53 PM
//hikari

She smokes. big deal.