AYUS NOSE! wth - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 3rd May 2011, 10:11 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It pains me when people use that photo of Ayu in that pink dress to compare her idol self to her "current" self. It's like one of her MOST photoshopped shoots next to this one, haha.

Spoiler:
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:57 PM
End roll Initiate

People should go watch one of her old movies (or even a something from A Song For XX era) and then watch the backstage stuff from R'N'R Circus DVD. She looks almost exactly the same, girl seriously must look after herself.

And since she said she hasn't had any...why would she lie? I'm pretty sure she knows if people think she had something done, they will continue to think so. She was simple answering someone's question honestly.

And I'd just like to point out that sometimes my nose can look huge, depending on the angle and lighting, and sometimes it can look quite slim, with the little bump on the bridge almost completely unnoticeable and I have never had surgery.
Old 4th May 2011, 12:10 AM
SURREAL Initiate

If it's true that she said that she didn't ever gave up to plastic surgery, then I believe her. Though I have this voice in my head that she won't tell us the truth.

(e.g she has done her teeth, but I don't know if that's really plastic surgery)
Old 4th May 2011, 10:14 AM
walking proud Initiate

I go back and forth about this. But, at least for me I do feel like sometime after maybe 2006 her nose never looked quite the same to me again. I don't trust any photo shoots because obviously there is photo shop, but in everything the last couple of years I've thought her nose has in general looked smaller or at least not like I remember it used to be. Either way though, she still looks good.
Old 4th May 2011, 10:44 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by RayJason View Post
If it's true that she said that she didn't ever gave up to plastic surgery, then I believe her. Though I have this voice in my head that she won't tell us the truth.

(e.g she has done her teeth, but I don't know if that's really plastic surgery)
Why would she lie about it though? She has always been truthful with her fans. Someone asked her on twitter about it and she laughed and said no, when would I find the time for such things?

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 4th May 2011, 02:24 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
Why would she lie about it though? She has always been truthful with her fans. Someone asked her on twitter about it and she laughed and said no, when would I find the time for such things?
Well because it's extraordinary that a major group of people suspect her of having done plastic-surgery.

And it's just not normal I think. Instead of losing youth with the years, she's gaining youth :S. And that is not something done with anti-aging creams and stuff, I believe it's artificial.

I think most of her pics are to heavily photoshopped, and I hate these people who do that, It's because of them that some of us question if ayu did something to her face.

Like when you compare these two pictures:

http://imageshack.us/photo/my-images...yu1024rr4.jpg/ <I can not upload the picture here.

http://www.ttdm.org/UploadPic/2010-7...2012850280.jpg <I can not upload the picture here.

When you see this, it seems that she didn't had surgery. (IN THE A SONG FOR XX - A BEST 2 PERIOD)

It's all deceiving.

Last edited by RayJason; 4th May 2011 at 02:28 PM.
Old 4th May 2011, 02:27 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Well because it's extraordinary that a major group of people suspect her of having done plastic-surgery.

And it's just not normal I think. Instead of losing youth with the years, she's gaining youth :S. And that is not something done with anti-aging creams and stuff, I believe it's artificial.

I think most of her pics are to heavily photoshopped, and I hate these people who do that, It's because of them that some of us question if ayu did something to her face.

Like when you compare these two pictures:

When you see this, it seems that she didn't had surgery. (IN THE A SONG FOR XX - A BEST 2 PERIOD)

It's all deceiving.
So, bottom line: Do some research instead of letting random forum posts/people on the net tell you an asian pop idol had face work done.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 4th May 2011, 02:46 PM
Naturally Initiate

^
^
^ And when would she have the time, is so true.

Complete healing of a nose job can take as much as 3 months. Things only actually start to look like they're healed around the first 2 or 3 weeks. Ayu really doesn't have that sort of time, especially in her earlier years. Even these days she's always pressed for time, almost always doing another photoshoot or filming a CM, or PV, or filmed during making ofs of concerts, not to mention almost everything is documented in the deji diary from aaages ago.

That is just one of a bunch of reasons why I don't, and probably never will, believe that she had a nose job. If she says "I did have my nose done" then I would believe her, AND I would also believe that she's a miracle worker; because seriously, amongst everything, I don't see where she could have had the time.

On a different note, she has a cute little bump in the bridge of her nose; it's something that's really really easily fixed and she's had it all her life; I feel like if she had her nose done then I think that would have been fixed.
Old 4th May 2011, 04:01 PM
rainy day Initiate

Regarding the "people's noses change all the time" comments...

I've never heard of a nose shrinking as you get older. Her nose looks a bit more bulbous and bigger in that old photo of her from her idol days.
Old 4th May 2011, 04:28 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
Her nose looks a bit more bulbous and bigger in that old photo of her from her idol days.
it'scalledphotoshop
Old 4th May 2011, 05:12 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Koumori View Post

it'scalledphotoshop
Do you mean that they actually made ayu's nose wide on those younger photo's, or do you mean that on EVERY picture that leaks ayu's nose is photoshopped ?

And regarding this comment: So, bottom line: Do some research instead of letting random forum posts/people on the net tell you an asian pop idol had face work done.

My own doctor (surgeon) said that it's likely and highly possible that she had surgery done on her nose.

Last edited by RayJason; 4th May 2011 at 05:15 PM.
Old 4th May 2011, 05:50 PM
monochrome Initiate

"I've never heard of a nose shrinking as you get older. Her nose looks a bit more bulbous and bigger in that old photo of her from her idol days."

I have a photo from when I was 13 years old. My nose was very wide on my face. Now at 24 years old, my nose protrudes a lot and my nose is very slender. I look like two different people, but I did not have surgery. It can happen. People do grow into their noses!
Old 4th May 2011, 06:02 PM
Naturally Initiate

^ Zahara is absolutely right; one does grow into their nose as they grow older, just like everyone grows into a lot of other features of their body as they grow older.

Also, you have to take into account make-up a lot; not just photoshop. My little sister, for example, has a very wide and large nose, and it's bothered her for so long, that from the age of 13 she got someone to teach her all the make-up techniques of a slimmer and more defined nose and to this day (she's 16 now) she can do it so perfectly that she barely ever feels any lack of confidence because of her nose anymore. And everyone notices the difference in her features when she wears make-up and doesn't. That's just how strong make-up is these days; if you know how things should be done and you have the right tools then you can do almost anything with it.
Old 4th May 2011, 06:16 PM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Do you mean that they actually made ayu's nose wide on those younger photo's, or do you mean that on EVERY picture that leaks ayu's nose is photoshopped ?

And regarding this comment: So, bottom line: Do some research instead of letting random forum posts/people on the net tell you an asian pop idol had face work done.

My own doctor (surgeon) said that it's likely and highly possible that she had surgery done on her nose.
Omg.

No, she means that they didn't touch her nose in photoshop back in the day and now, they do. Sometimes they over-photoshop even.

Oh and nice little: "My doctor says" added to your post.

My common sense and intelligence says she didn't.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 4th May 2011, 06:25 PM
RAINBOW Guardian

Quote:
Like what Kanzaki88 said, I meant that now Ayumi is actually a celebrity and not one of the thousands of young female models like she used to be, she has a lot more people working on her shoots to build and carry on an "image". "Image" is extremely important in the celebrity industry. Beauty is a high factor, especially for females. There will be no photoshoots with Ayumi involved these days that haven't felt the brush of a virtual tool in Photoshop.

The noses are so different on the photos you're showing us because she has better make-up artists, various angles, bright, professional lighting, and a Photoshopper in the dark corner making various changes.

I remember everyone thinking she'd botoxed her lips last year because they were so BIG on about 5-6 photoshoots, but then she tweeted photos and they were the same size as always. Photoshop is both a curse and a blessing, creating an unrealistic version of people when used wrong.

So in conclusion, I did not say they left her nose wide when she was younger, or that they've photoshopped every photo. Depending on who's working with her on photoshoots, depends on how she looks in the end result. Every person has a different, unique style with how they photoshop, and thus Ayumi has various different nose styles throughout the years. However in concerts and lives and tweeted photos, her nose looks as it did when she was younger, pretty much. I think she's grown into a bit more, but there's no significent difference.

Actually a really good point that you seem to ignore: When has Ayumi had the time? Someone said earlier it can take up to 3 MONTHS to fully heal. Wouldn't you think in all the photo's and advertisements etc she's done - without a break for more than a few weeks, tops - in the last eleven years, we'd notice her recovering from a nose job? Also, she'd have to walk around in public with the bandages and the media would be all over that.

Last edited by koumori; 4th May 2011 at 06:30 PM.
Old 4th May 2011, 08:52 PM
Real me Initiate

Quote:

Actually a really good point that you seem to ignore: When has Ayumi had the time? Someone said earlier it can take up to 3 MONTHS to fully heal. Wouldn't you think in all the photo's and advertisements etc she's done - without a break for more than a few weeks, tops - in the last eleven years, we'd notice her recovering from a nose job? Also, she'd have to walk around in public with the bandages and the media would be all over that.
Actually, I've read that it takes up to ONE entire year to fully heal. Ayu is almost ALWAYS infront of a camera, so we definitely would've seen some kind of scarring, bruising or swelling if she ever got anything done anyway.

tumblr

Old 4th May 2011, 09:33 PM
TO BE Initiate

^
1 year? Wow! So I guess she wouldn't have been able to really sing with her nose still healing, right? And she is on tour so much and releases so many songs it's almost impossible

M-O-M-O MOMOIRO CLOVER Z
Green & Purple lifestyle

Old 4th May 2011, 10:12 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Actually, you should count make up and haircuts as well (other than photoshop, of course ).
With a certain haircut your nose looks pretty different, although it's the same nose. Even make up can change your features.
Do you know Angela Aki's nose? Ok mine is almost the same lol. With some foundation my nose looks different and not that big. But we're talking about professional photoshoots though. Every photoshoot takes hours of make up. Even if she would look natural on it.
But it's true, you can actually change through the years. Ayu looks different than when she was 20 and 16 to me, but she's not looking like another woman with a different face.

However, if she had surgery for real.. I wouldn't care.
Seriously who cares? At least she looks gorgeous, and not a plastic monster as others ugh.

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 4th May 2011 at 10:16 PM.
Old 4th May 2011, 10:28 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

well in the case of an nose job the healing time also depend on teh kind of operation, inside or ouside operation, and what is done.
But average time to heal is a month or 3. While after 3 weeks or a month you can't see the bruses and see on the outsidethere was an operation.
Though, the full final result after a nose job is clearly after one year, that's when you have the final result.
So whitin a year after a nose job you can see it changing abit, it will slim down, after first beiing swollen,
so it is most likely to me she hasn't done any nose job, since then we would have noticed her nose beiing swollen and later on changing a bit.
ANd like i already read often, she doesn't have the time.
Also i guess Ayu works out very often , after a nose job it isn't possible for 6 weeks t exercise.

anyways, even if she had a nose job, what i don't believe, who cares if she had?

MAA thread
Old 4th May 2011, 10:50 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Kanzaki88 View Post
Omg.

Oh and nice little: "My doctor says" added to your post.

My common sense and intelligence says she didn't.
Your common sense ?! well, I don't want to start about it, since you've proven wrong. He said that it was highly possible, because your nose grows out of your face and not towards.

but anyway, if your super awesome common sense disbeliefs this, then go ahead.

Quote:

Like what Kanzaki88 said, I meant that now Ayumi is actually a celebrity and not one of the thousands of young female models like she used to be, she has a lot more people working on her shoots to build and carry on an "image". "Image" is extremely important in the celebrity industry. Beauty is a high factor, especially for females. There will be no photoshoots with Ayumi involved these days that haven't felt the brush of a virtual tool in Photoshop.

The noses are so different on the photos you're showing us because she has better make-up artists, various angles, bright, professional lighting, and a Photoshopper in the dark corner making various changes.

I remember everyone thinking she'd botoxed her lips last year because they were so BIG on about 5-6 photoshoots, but then she tweeted photos and they were the same size as always. Photoshop is both a curse and a blessing, creating an unrealistic version of people when used wrong.

So in conclusion, I did not say they left her nose wide when she was younger, or that they've photoshopped every photo. Depending on who's working with her on photoshoots, depends on how she looks in the end result. Every person has a different, unique style with how they photoshop, and thus Ayumi has various different nose styles throughout the years. However in concerts and lives and tweeted photos, her nose looks as it did when she was younger, pretty much. I think she's grown into a bit more, but there's no significent difference.

I know where you are going, and I agree with you. Partly though, If she had gone through rhino-plastic surgery then she could have easily covered the red spots on her face with make up. (like how she makes her nose slim and small)

And this (<IS GOING TO SOUND REALLY HARSH>):

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Yn9hgBWldbg <youtube video

It's obvious that Ayu is interested in the western industry, what that video tries to say is that Ayumi Hamasaki copies a lot from those western celebrity's.
So I don't think that she never said no, to look "more western". <that was harsh, I'm sorry.

Look at this picture:

You can clearly see how her younger nose was more "bulbous" than her nose now. But maybe those guys photoshopped it too much on the recent picture D: ..

Last edited by RayJason; 4th May 2011 at 10:52 PM.