[Tohoshinki] [DBSK/THSK]Why Did I Fall for Dong Bang Shin Ki?~5th Thread~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th July 2008, 10:53 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Beauty4123 View Post
tohoshinki is gonna be on CDTV now, i think. i'm watching now to see, lol. cuz i read their scheduled for the program, so i hope they perform.

EDIT: yea their gonna perform
Doushite @ CDTV: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=hpPa4OEswQA (I like this version the best (Jaejoong's voice sounds so much better here), but they look so tired)

Tohoshinki A-nation Song List:

1. Purple Line
2. Beautiful you
3. どうして君を好きになってしまったんだろう
4. SHINE-Somebody To Love (I think this one's a medley.)
5. Summer Dream

***Where is Box in the ship?***

ECO-nation (25-07-2008):
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=rHRoCa4AmUE

29-01-2010: Ayu in London
Old 27th July 2008, 11:19 PM
dddaiyamondo

^OMG THANK YOU! THAT PERF WAS SO SEXXXY.
Old 27th July 2008, 11:24 PM
still alone Initiate

YEAH WHERE'S BOX IN THE SHIP? TT_TT

thanks for the info and the vids.
anyways... I dont hate at all the setlist

Ayu is MY ALL

Old 28th July 2008, 04:06 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by dddaiyamondo View Post
^OMG THANK YOU! THAT PERF WAS SO SEXXXY.
You're welcome. I think the performance became private now

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hanabi_surreal View Post
YEAH WHERE'S BOX IN THE SHIP? TT_TT

thanks for the info and the vids.
anyways... I dont hate at all the setlist
I like the setlist too, but why not add Box in the ship?!

THSK will not appear @ MUSIC STATION, although their were last week #1 at the show!

Quote:
S-San (one of the Japanese staff members of Tohoshinki) made a recent post in his blog (http://ameblo.jp/s-diary/day-20080724.html)confirming the rumours about Music Station's refusal to invite DBSK into their program.

Many fans have been speculating for quite some time the reason why DBSK never appeared on the show, especially with the recent #1 on weekly Oricon (their third one, which broke a record as foreign artist with three #1s). DBSK has been consistently in the top 10 weekly in Japanese Oricon charts with their singles and last album. Music Station usually invites singers in top 10 in Oricon atleast once to perform. However, this has not been the case with DBSK, as S-San points out even with the insistence of the company to let them on fairly.

Their lack of promotions in such a major show as Music Station has become jarringly apparent and discussion spring up everytime they release a single as to why they are still not invited. Majority say that its because of Johnny's Entertainment stronghold on Music Station, pointing out that no bands/artists that posed a threat to that agency have ever been invited.

S-San never expicitly states the show's name, however he mentions that Tohoshinki was on the show's #1 list this week, yet still weren't given the chance to perform.

The post also explains the lack of sales of the group, owing to the fact that they are still placed in Foreign Artist category in music stores even though they should be under Jpop. Fans who recently visited Japan confirmed this. They all found it quite hard to find Tohoshinki's CDs in stores, sometimes they were not there at all. Many times, they were put under K-pop or foriegn artists section. So this really explains why sales get poor after promotions stop ... their CDs aren't in visible places for someone just browsing the jpop section can pick up and see.

I was wondering how S-San posted about this sticky topic, knowing how hush-hush Japan usually is about these matters. He sounds frustrated, and is probably making his last desperate attempt to try to change the situation - by letting fans know what we all sort of feared existed behind the scenes (of the group not exactly getting equal oppotunity), isn't going away anytime soon. But he urges fan and says that "...the store's customers will have the most impact". The fans in Japan must speak up to store managers about DBSK's CDs being put under "Foreign Artist" section instead of where they rightfully should be - under JPOP.

Quote:
Brief summary/translation of his post:
He hasn't written in a while. It's been really hot in Japan and he's been thinking about various things when working.
The boys wonderfully reached #1 in the weekly singles chart with the fans' strong support.
Also the members are really happy, and their self-confidence has been boosted.

The TV-promotion continues busy this week. They're being in more shows than ever before this time, they're for the first time in 「THE M」 and 「CDTV」.

T/N: I translated this part sentence-for-sentence because I think this is what interests people:

There's a certain really popular program where the boys haven't been able to appear since they've [the program] been rejecting any interest the [Avex] promotion-team's been showing that way.
The promoter in charge has been fighting hard and will keep trying.
The boys have reached #1 in this program's ranking, but when it comes to the offer about guesting in the show and a performance...
Even after three weekly #1s, there's nothing from that direction (a sniffing emoticon here).
There hasn't really been any kind of an explanation offered about the issue either, but the team will keep working hard for an appearance in that show!

But if it continues like this and the inquiries keep coming from the viewers as well, how can a music program explain this kind of behaviour?

T/N: Here we go for the record store -issue:

Of course the promotion-team is striving for the best possible set-up in the stores (but obviously, so are all of the other artists' promotors as well).
It depends on every store (chain) where they put the releases; and some of the stores have the Tohoshinki in the "Foreign acts" -section instead of "Jpop".
The store's bought the CDs so naturally they can advertise it how they want to and how they think it will sell the best.

They've been trying to have some type of an agreement on this, but especially now when they changed the release date for "Kimisuki" in such a short notice, it became even harder to get the majority of the shops to put the single in the Jpop-section instead of Foreign acts.
It's better when you have time to talk to the stores way before the release and assure things, because all the things are mostly decided abour 6 months before the release already. So a date-change doesn't make things easier at all.
So they had to cancel the space reserved for the CDs in the stores for the original release week, and ask for another setting for the new week.
Of course that messes up the stores' plans and they have to be quick and get a Plan B up. And most of them decided to give the maximum exposure by putting Kimisuki in the foreign-shelves.
-more stuff about the Jpop- and world-corners in the shops-
Tohoshinki will continue releasing Jpop (with good results).

They hope that the fans will understand the managing team and the stores' policies. The team will keep working and he believes that the sales will do well during the next few weeks.

He apologizes for the long entry, but thinks that it will be useful for the people interested in the music industry in general.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -
Source: S-Diary - http://ameblo.jp/s-diary/entry-10119576243.html
Blog entry dated: July 24, 2008 12:41:30
Translation Credits: aleyna @ JpopMusic Forums

There really are many questions that keep popping up on the net. For example, if they really are a threat to Johnny's like many suppose, why are groups such as WaT allowed to appear on the show? Moreover, they don't promote themselves as an idol group so why should they be barred from Music Station when their target audience is quite different?

Seeing them all work so extremely hard (including their staff) in a foreign industry, trying to improve their fluency and singing, travelling back and forth one city/country to another for promotions, bascially doing all they can...yet still be treated as the underdogs when they clearly have so much VOCAL TALENT (yes -more than looks- they are actually TALENTED) and great personalities. Now I know why they felt so disheartened earlier when they mentioned they almost gave up on Japan in their Korean interview. But they didn't give up and are still working hard, and we should all support them. At the end of the road, they will really grow and become even better as people and artists ♥ FIGHTING~
SOURCE: http://dbsker.blogspot.com/2008/07/m...as-guests.html
BIGEAST 3RD FANCLUB EVENT
Quote:
Bigeast 3rd Fanclub Event
January 18, 2009 (Sunday) Makuhari Event Hall
January 21, 2009 (Wednesday) Kobe World Hall

* The lottery ticket booking (DoCoMo) has yet to be decided for the time
* This event is exclusively for the members only.

This year, a-Nation'08 is going to have lottery game ! And this will be available at both of the venues. The security and conditions of participations of the lottery are as follows.

[Conditions of participation]
- Visitors will be capped at the time of membership policy since January of 2009.
- For visitors having their end of the membership before the end of the 2008 deadline, will also be allowed to participate in the lottery.
- 1 member can only participate in one lottery game daily.

[Venue]
Visitors can only enter the venue if they have the ticket.

The big lottery prize has finally been decided!
For more information, fan club members-only can login the site after July 25, 2008.
**"A-nation'08 lottery implementation of large-fan!"

http://fc.avex.jp/toho/

** : Not sure what it means.

[T/N: Translations are done by me (yunjaelove@bs), so there may errors or details that have been left out.]

Credits : yunjaelove@bs
First a-nation pics:
http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...on-part-1.html
http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...on-part-3.html
http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...t-2-junsu.html (Junsu)

Old 28th July 2008, 04:33 PM
dddaiyamondo

OMG they're not gonna be on MS???
Old 28th July 2008, 04:51 PM
SAKURA Initiate

they never was and probbably won't be. johnny's only allows their boybands on the show.

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 28th July 2008, 04:57 PM
dddaiyamondo

^Maybe now that JE has a pothead they'll let Toho on
Old 28th July 2008, 07:59 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
they never was and probbably won't be. johnny's only allows their boybands on the show.
Quote:
^Maybe now that JE has a pothead they'll let Toho on
Quote:
westkitsune's thoughts: Meh, even if they're not recognized as much as Johnny's in Japan, they're still beating all Johnny's boybands when it comes to worldwide fanbase... I do hope they would recognize that (>___<) And please, I love JE, but vocal and talent-wise, DBSK is a hundred times better.

For the record, I don't think they'd need Music Station in the end, they're gaining strong foothold and pretty soon Music Station will have to give in to the demands of the fans, but we have to take into consideration Japan's overtly patriotic idealisms. It's not surprising they're not listing Tohoshinki under Jpop since they don't have Japanese blood. That's why foreign artists never make it big.. you'd have to be at least half-Japanese... Or, well, so Japanese you'd erase your other citizenship form people's minds (like with BoA).
SOURCE: 7 Minutes in Fandom Heaven
Other a-nation pics: http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...tion-part.html

DBSK @ HEY!HEY!HEY! (preview): http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD2HdKOihQk
Quote:
8/4(月)
20:00~20:54 フジテレビ系 『HEY!HEY!HEY! MUSIC CHAMP』
※もちろん!!ダウンタウンさんとのトークもあります。

source: Tohoshinki official website
At least, we'll have more fun watching them with Matsumoto & Hamada in HEY!x3 than watching them perform in Music Station where they are not wanted.

Old 28th July 2008, 09:06 PM
still alone Initiate

thanks for all the info~<3

JJ hair look's like my mom's hair *creepy*
thanks for the pics I need a video

Ayu is MY ALL

Old 29th July 2008, 05:20 PM
SAKURA Initiate

"THE M" doushite performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kFOGTxPs8

Lisa on social media @ twitter & tumblr!

Old 29th July 2008, 05:50 PM
dddaiyamondo

^OMG gorgeous performance. I love them. And Hanabi_surreal, I said the same thing about my mom and JJ a few months ago He loves mom hair cuts.
Old 30th July 2008, 01:55 AM
still alone Initiate

^ LOL yes *creepy* XD ...even so, he's so cute~<3

Thankies for the vid beauty!!! pretty performance~
I hate the idea that they can't stay in MS ¬¬#

Ayu is MY ALL

Old 31st July 2008, 01:18 AM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
"THE M" doushite performance: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=l5kFOGTxPs8
Thank you so much!! The best performance of Doushite!!!

Quote:
POSTED BY MEGUMI@SOOMPI:

I just read this on JPM forum~
I'm quite excited as I'm listening to some samples of MAKAI right now.
Yoochun will do a feat. with this DJ, his genre is jazzy - electronica.
The song will be an exclusive edit; 「TOKYO LOVELIGHT feat. YUCHUN (from 東方神起)」
I guess I can predict that Chunface will sing English partly (omg?) 'cause all artist I've been listening to now are singing at least 50% English.

It will be released on iTunes Store Japan on July 30, 2008.

Source: MAKAI Homepage + Megumi@soompi
link to dl the song: http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...ight-feat.html

Old 31st July 2008, 01:22 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^ ... *dying* ...
WAAAAAAA~ OMGOMGOMG~ I'm downloading it right now XD
*smashes keyboard* Plus Yuchun's my favorite and
I love electronica music D:
Will buy off iTunes 8D

YUIAyuNamieUtada~ Thank youu~

LOL @ JJ having MOM hair.
I was thinking to cut my hair like him (Purple Line PV)
but I think I will look weird..~
The red is nice on him though!
Someone make Yuchun cut his hair now D:

Oh~ They'll be on HEYx3 :]
I love that show~

this is "do or die", baby.

♥ made by pepicoladas

Last edited by Hazuki; 31st July 2008 at 01:24 AM.
Old 31st July 2008, 03:48 AM
dddaiyamondo

Just wrote a review of "Doushite Kimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimattandarou?" at my blog, if anyone wants to read it and see how it fared

http://dddaiyamondo.wordpress.com/
Old 31st July 2008, 02:23 PM
still alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hazuki View Post
^ ... *dying* ...
WAAAAAAA~ OMGOMGOMG~ I'm downloading it right now XD
*smashes keyboard* Plus Yuchun's my favorite and
I love electronica music D:
Will buy off iTunes 8D

YUIAyuNamieUtada~ Thank youu~

LOL @ JJ having MOM hair.
I was thinking to cut my hair like him (Purple Line PV)
but I think I will look weird..~
The red is nice on him though!
Someone make Yuchun cut his hair now D:

Oh~ They'll be on HEYx3 :]
I love that show~
You're very welcome I just heard the beginning: Love is so beautiful~
Yeah, I love HEYx3 too

Quote:
Just wrote a review of "Doushite Kimi wo Suki ni Natte Shimattandarou?" at my blog, if anyone wants to read it and see how it fared

http://dddaiyamondo.wordpress.com/
I read it and I agree with the most of the review, my rating: 8.5/10.

Spoiler:
I really have to stop reading 'boxing the sheep'
New conclusion: Junsu is su-sheep --- so the real meaning of 'boxing the sheep' is 'boxing Junsu'. Well, that would make sense, because they are always picking on him

Anyway, check this: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...29#post1568129

Old 31st July 2008, 02:35 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUIAyuNamieUtada View Post
You're very welcome I just heard the beginning: Love is so beautiful~
Yeah, I love HEYx3 too

Spoiler:
New conclusion: Junsu is su-sheep --- so the real meaning of 'boxing the sheep' is 'boxing Junsu'. Well, that would make sense, because they are always picking on him

Anyway, check this: http://www.ahsforum.com/forum/showth...29#post1568129
HA HA i have to stop listening to that too, my sister came in and she thought their engrish was funny HA HA

credit:pocoyo~po~yo

Old 31st July 2008, 03:47 PM
dddaiyamondo

Quote:
Originally Posted by YUIAyuNamieUtada View Post

Spoiler:
ME TOO! I kept writing "Boxing the Sheep" while typing up my review
Old 31st July 2008, 03:59 PM
still alone Initiate

Exclamation Let's all vote for DBSK on the M-net's 20's Choice Awards!!!!!

Quote:
ME TOO! I kept writing "Boxing the Sheep" while typing up my review

EDIT:
Let's all vote for DBSK on the M-net's 20's Choice Awards!!!!!
How to log in and vote? Follow the steps here: http://fangirlmitz.blogspot.com/2008...2008-vote.html
Oh, and you have to vote in each category (like best drama actress, best club song, ...), not only the category where the boys are in (speaking out of experience). If you're ready, click on the purple button under thebox.
Why does that sound familiar? Oh right, Purple Line and Box in the ship
Vote

Last edited by LizBrazil; 31st July 2008 at 09:15 PM.
Old 1st August 2008, 04:42 AM
appears Initiate

I heard about the whole "Music Station Discrepency" from my friend. although I had doubted it's validity ...

my current jam

Ayumi Hamasaki - GREEN
Closed Thread

Tags
3rd live tour ~t~, 4th korean album mirotic, dbsk, doushite, thsk, tvxq