Does Ayu's voice ever hurt your ears? - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Enquiries

Notices

Old 22nd May 2017, 09:27 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Has listening to any of her songs caused me any pain? No. Sometimes I've had the volume up too loud or the Equalizer settings needed to be adjusted because I had them in the wrong places. Sometimes I think the mix of a song can be a bit off but that's it. They haven't caused any physical pain in my ears.
Old 22nd May 2017, 09:32 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Not really. I think the only voice that ever "hurt" my ears was misono's.
Old 26th May 2017, 07:40 PM
A Song for XX Initiate

Terminal with cheap headphones gives me a headache lol. A song is born, too.
Old 27th May 2017, 07:33 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Norrel View Post
This isn't meant to be a mean or funny post
It's not mean or funny, don't worry. I love Ayu to death and listen to her and talk about her all the time, but yes, sometimes some of her vocals hurt my ears a bit. Like, the orchestra version of End of the World from ayu-mi-x III hurts my ears.

<º)))>< <º)))>< <º)))><

Old 28th May 2017, 05:40 AM
appears Initiate

To be quite honest, yes. I.E: the "...dareka wa subete wÓ..." just before Out of Control second chorus, and the "...Ikite iku tte nÁn darou..." on the last chorus. She did a lot of those ~off-key~ notes on Music Station Super Ultra Fest, on the "wÒa yeah"s of evolution and "kekkyoku nani mo ka mo iyasaretÉ'ru" on M. I also heard these notes on FLOWER and Mad World (min 3:43, "...Kono jidaÁi ni kokoro kara...")
These are the only times my ears hurt/have hurted.
Old 7th June 2017, 12:26 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by rusuke View Post
I really enjoy Ayu's voice until 2006. Even the high notes on "Connected", "Kanariya" and even on "UNITE". But I can't bear her vibrato when she ends in "a" vowel since 2008. I dunno. I think it doesn't hurt my ears but my feelings.
QFT
Old 24th June 2017, 08:50 PM
TO BE Initiate

No. I like her voice, especially from 2000 to 2004.
Old 28th June 2017, 11:11 AM
from your letter Initiate

Her voice in JEWEL actually has hurt my ears when I listened to it blasting in the car. XD It's when she says any words that have the I sound, like "hitori" or when she sings "omoi ga itai kurai ni." Is it just me that notices whenever she says words that has the I sound, it is very high pitched? I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. XD
Old 29th June 2017, 03:32 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Violently Happy View Post
Her voice in JEWEL actually has hurt my ears when I listened to it blasting in the car. XD It's when she says any words that have the I sound, like "hitori" or when she sings "omoi ga itai kurai ni." Is it just me that notices whenever she says words that has the I sound, it is very high pitched? I hope someone understands what I'm talking about. XD
JEWEL is such a beautiful song and really at least for me those high pitched Iiiis also add an certain charm and feel to it.
Old 29th June 2017, 03:57 AM
still alone Initiate

I know what you mean about JEWEL. I think lowering the volume on Ayu's voice during the making of the song would help make certain notes softer.
Old 29th June 2017, 04:27 AM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by axmish87 View Post
JEWEL is such a beautiful song and really at least for me those high pitched Iiiis also add an certain charm and feel to it.
It truly is a beautiful song! I also don't mind the high pitched notes, but it was something I noticed when listening to it on full blast in the car. Even though those notes pierce my ears, I actually enjoy it when Ayu does them! I'm weird I agree! They add charm! But I could understand why her voice would be unpleasant or would hurt someone's ears.

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfTheWorld View Post
I know what you mean about JEWEL. I think lowering the volume on Ayu's voice during the making of the song would help make certain notes softer.
Although her voice is high pitched, I think lowering those certain notes would take away from the song. I don't know why, but I guess I feel that it adds kinda like power to the song? Probably because it's more of a softer quiet song, and those higher notes adds that balance. Hope I explained that right

Last edited by Violently Happy; 29th June 2017 at 04:34 AM.
Old 30th June 2017, 09:22 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

My mother, the closeted Ayu fan if anyone remembers that story, will not let me play Pride in the car because that Sono mae NIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII IIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIIII~ part. She says it literally hurts her ears if I have it playing too loud. And, to be honest, I respect her wishes and also kind of agree. I can't really listen to it on my headphones because of that one note--which is strange because it's not like it's too high or off-pitch or something, it just really does physically hurt sometimes. Though, I suppose that could be my own fault, I was basically born with headphones in my ears so maybe I've hurt my own hearing listening to music too often and now certain notes kind of strike a damaged nerve or something. Who knows?

Finally, I can stop dreaming....