[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~II~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 26th July 2018, 04:30 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by wednesday View Post
Hm, I don't know if I would consider it if Coelacanth is invited. Girlfriend might try and choke me for real, not just in a sexy way. And if they taste just as salty as they sound, I dunno...

I'm sorry, I couldn't resist. Mods, suspend me now.

To be honest I believe she will just brush me off :B

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 26th July 2018, 04:33 AM
talkin' 2 myself Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by JaimeShak2002 View Post
Why do they complain so much? Quite a girl almost deaf was able to get at least one song.
Being almost deaf doesn't mean the song she made is always good.

||Youtube||Twitter||

set made by apple-pi

Old 26th July 2018, 04:34 AM
GAME Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Wasn't that a polyamorous relationship? We can all love each other and recreate the WARNING PV <3
i'm down.
Old 26th July 2018, 04:43 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
i'm down.
Now we are in trouble... who wants to Max to my Ayu?

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 26th July 2018, 04:55 AM
Don't look back Initiate

At this point, I'm just gonna treat it as some DELUXE SINGLE and it kinda sucks because I want the tour but its really expensive. But then again, its really a matter of perspective, whether I want to see it as a CONCERT c/w extra CD with new songs OR as a DELUXE SINGLE c/w CONCERT.
Old 26th July 2018, 05:01 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

This week on AHS (for those of you just tuning in.)

Ayu announces release date for 'Album That's Not Really An Album But We're Going to Call It An Album Because Fuck You'

Andrenekoi and Wednesday (AKA The mysterious disappearing and reappearing account) announce their surprising polyamorous relationship with Coelacanth. From enemies, to frenemies, to friends with benefits all in a span of one forum page. Someone(s) going to be feeling the love tonight.

Furthermore, is Ayu bloated because of her period? Because of fillers? Is it muscle? Is it a bad fitting outfit? Or is just fat? Dr. Drew is in to tell us the science behind it all because that's totally necessary at this point considering how much it's being gossiped about in the other thread.

All that and much more, folks! Keep tuning in!
---------------

Ah, I've missed how weird AHS can get.

Finally, I can stop dreaming....

Last edited by Miduhyo; 26th July 2018 at 05:03 AM.
Old 26th July 2018, 05:08 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Miduhyo View Post

Ayu announces release date for 'Album That's Not Really An Album But We're Going to Call It An Album Because Fuck You'

Andrenekoi and Wednesday (AKA The mysterious disappearing and reappearing account) announce their surprising polyamorous relationship with Coelacanth. From enemies, to frenemies, to friends with benefits all in a span of one forum page. Someone(s) going to be feeling the love tonight.

Furthermore, is Ayu bloated because of her period? Because of fillers? Is it muscle? Is it a bad fitting outfit? Or is just fat? Dr. Drew is in to tell us the science behind it all because that's totally necessary at this point considering how much it's being gossiped about in the other thread.

---------------

I literally laughed so much I cried. XD

Old 26th July 2018, 05:12 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
the entire thing is a symptom of her becoming more focused on her tours than being, you know, a recording artist. i've been saying for a LONG time that she can't realistically direct her energies towards both equally. she's not in her twenties anymore. touring is both mentally and physically exhausting.

and you know, to her credit, maybe she doesn't want to release an album full of 15 tacky kpop rejects a la koda kumi. the landscape of pop music is so piss poor, she's likely receiving tons of trash demos. A stellar quality pop album like A ONE being released in 2015, is the exception, not the rule.
Aw, someone is bitter here.
Want a cookie?

Regarding single/mini/album.
Oricon has rules for that , if I remember correctly - if the mini is too short in length, it's going to be counted auomatically as a single.
In the end it doesn't really matter tho.
I still really wonder, why she had the feeling she has to release new music soon and not just release the concerts on its own.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 26th July 2018, 05:25 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

^ I know it’s true for the opposite (Exile Fantasy was technically a single, but had too many songs so it charted as an album) but do you know of any instances where an album charted as a single? I’m not doubting you, I’m just curious.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 26th July 2018, 05:27 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Ayu's A charted as an album too.

Old 26th July 2018, 05:32 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tokyoxjapanxfan View Post
^ I know it’s true for the opposite (Exile Fantasy was technically a single, but had too many songs so it charted as an album) but do you know of any instances where an album charted as a single? I’m not doubting you, I’m just curious.
Yeah, that's what I meant.
If it's too long for a single it charts as an album and vice versa.
I try to find Oricons rules for it on their site regarding that.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 26th July 2018, 05:56 AM
Depend on you Initiate

Quote:

---------------

For the record, I’ve had three different accounts here. My first, I had my username changed three times. Then two others. I like to keep AHS on its toes.

Mm, toes.

Just kidding

wednesday's child is full of woe

Old 26th July 2018, 06:13 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:

---------------

Old 26th July 2018, 06:36 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Oricon's site is a pain in the ass. They only have a short overview how they count and ask everybody, who wants to know more, to write an e-mail. Sure.

So I've searched the Japanese net and found the info on Wikipedia:
https://ja.wikipedia.org/wiki/%E3%82...83%90%E3%83%A0

So according to this, an album for Oricon is an album, when it's 5 original songs (not tracks) or more. It mentions Ayu's A having 14 tracks, but only 4 original songs, which is why it was counted as a single.
So looks like it only is about the number of original songs. The UK chart e.g. counts singles as albums, when they have more than 4 tracks and/or the length is exceeding 20 minutes.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 26th July 2018, 07:04 AM
Paper Doll Protector

^interesting!!!
Old 26th July 2018, 07:06 AM
Initiate

What I don't understand is, even if this is technically an album, why wouldn't avex just call it a mini album considering both FIVE and sixxxxxx are considered minis?
Old 26th July 2018, 07:34 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Memorial address and FIVE were officially minis to avex as well as LOVE and again.

sixxxxxx and TROUBLE seem to both be promoted as 'albums' by them. But when categorized elsewhere, they'll just be EPs too.
Old 26th July 2018, 07:39 AM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfirefly View Post
What I don't understand is, even if this is technically an album, why wouldn't avex just call it a mini album considering both FIVE and sixxxxxx are considered minis?
The lack of activity In the last 2 years could be the reason. A mini album could seem a little lazy right now.
Old 26th July 2018, 07:46 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think they're just gonna call any release that isn't obviously a single (one or two songs + instrumental) a "new album" from now on. I think they did the same for A7 Classical instead of calling it a remix album.
Old 26th July 2018, 08:40 AM
As if.. Initiate

I definitely see how at least this release got people talking. I haven't posted on AHS in possibly years (don't really remember the last time) but this one got my attention.

I've been consistent in buying Ayu releases, be it CDs, DVDs or more recently Blu-rays, so I'll go the extra mile to import via Tenso. But I have definite mixed feelings.

I agree with those who say the price is actually pretty standard for what we're getting - the "album" is mini album pricing, and the blu-rays are fairly consistently priced for her, and most other Japanese releases as well.

I'm glad to see the deluxe box will stay in CD sized packaging. I was worried the albums would end up in Blu-ray packaging because of the bundling.

I'm a bit sad that the "album" is only 5 tracks, especially given that she made a big deal about the studio time on social media. However, I'm excited to finally get a full quality version of WORDS and hopefully an audio remaster of We are the QUEENS. I am an audio quality snob so while I've heard both tracks I haven't listened to them extensively.

Has anyone considered the idea that even though there's only 5 tracks, the last track might be some 10 minute opus or something? It would be a new thing for Ayu... and certainly would bring the runtime up closer to "album" status... (I'm just being hopeful here ^_^; ).
Closed Thread

Tags
trouble