Forum Announcement: Critique Threads - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 26th May 2021, 12:23 PM
starting over Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MKAyu View Post
No. The people around me call people who have the beliefs I do all manner of names, they say they find people who believe as I do worthless, and they make fun of us. I'm not projecting, they openly say so.

And I'm not silencing you or saying you shouldn't have the right to speak or that your views are worthless. If that were true, why would I be reading what you say and trying to explain myself? I'm saying I look for positivity in my leisure time because that's what helps me relax and heal and face the next day, and so I'm not going to go places that depress me when I'm trying to have fun. I also turn off the TV when something is on that I don't like for any reason, which doesn't stop anyone else from watching.

You say, "we can enter in adult conversations that leads to cohesive views and interesting dialogue." If a dialogue is interesting to you, then you're enjoying it, and you and I both will enter a dialogue we enjoy. But are you say that if you aren't enjoying a dialogue, that if it's not interesting to you, you will stay involved anyway? If so, why? And what do you gain by doing that?

Our views won't be cohesive however much we talk if you say, "This song sucks," and I say, "I love this song!" We can talk about why, but our views aren't going to change. They're both valid views based on what we personally enjoy, so the only reason to talk about it is if you find it fun to talk about it. If you do, then by all means have fun, you should be enjoying yourself! Your views are valid and if that's how you have fun with them, there are many others that enjoy it too and you can find them here. I hope you do.
So you advocating for the forum to segregate based on differing points
of view from you’re own. Views you don’t agree with, don’t want around and consider them negative enough to be thrown somewhere( worthless). Isn’t what they’re doing to you? The only difference here is, you’re pretending these voices matter to you instead of actively saying they don’t which is what they’re doing?. But hey to each their own. I hope you do, one day heal completely from you’re situation. That you learn that life is both positive and negative and when it isn’t. You can’t just force everyone around you to lose their voice, or get discarded to accommodate for your inner troubles. I wish you the best.
Old 27th May 2021, 05:28 AM
YOU Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by melissalove View Post
So you advocating for the forum to segregate based on differing points
of view from you’re own. Views you don’t agree with, don’t want around and consider them negative enough to be thrown somewhere( worthless). Isn’t what they’re doing to you? The only difference here is, you’re pretending these voices matter to you instead of actively saying they don’t which is what they’re doing?. But hey to each their own. I hope you do, one day heal completely from you’re situation. That you learn that life is both positive and negative and when it isn’t. You can’t just force everyone around you to lose their voice, or get discarded to accommodate for your inner troubles. I wish you the best.
Do you see what happened here?

You stated your opinion, I stated mine. You questioned mine as "projecting" and accused me of saying your opinion was worthless, of trying to silence you. That isn't true, so I asked you to explain your position to try and understand, which you didn't; instead you accused me of silencing you again.

There is no adult discussion or consensus to be had anywhere in this argument, just me getting more confused and you getting, apparently, more annoyed. We haven't convinced each other. We still feel the same way we did before arguing, except now we're also confused and annoyed. It's not your opinions that are worthless, it's this sort of argument that is worthless!

I've explained my feelings honestly. It's all I can do. Thankfully, we can both continue to enjoy AHS. <3

Last edited by MKAyu; 28th May 2021 at 02:23 AM.