[A] ayumi hamasaki NEW SINGLE 23rd Monster Release 2021.04.08 - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #181  
Old 13th April 2021, 03:25 AM
Evan Odinson's Avatar
Evan Odinson Evan Odinson is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
I am surprised that I hate "The Next Love" & "Eyes, Smoke, Magic"

These two songs are the worst in her discography.
I'd take The Next Love & Eyes, Smoke, Magic over Angel's song and my honey any time lol I simply can't with her "cute" 2000 anime opening alvin and the chipmunks kinda songs
Reply With Quote
  #182  
Old 13th April 2021, 03:37 AM
AyuCanada's Avatar
AyuCanada AyuCanada is offline
A Song for XX Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2016
Location: Canada
Posts: 331
Eyes, smokes, magic reminds me the Animaniacs opening.
Reply With Quote
  #183  
Old 13th April 2021, 02:48 PM
Insanes's Avatar
Insanes Insanes is offline
poker face Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Paris
Posts: 80
I think Timmy brought some very interesting changes in Ayu's discography.

BRILLANTE, the next LOVE and Eyes Smoke Magic were very welcome and brought some fresh air to what she was doing since then.

But BRILLANTE, man, this track gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #184  
Old 13th April 2021, 03:39 PM
xLuna&1LOVE's Avatar
xLuna&1LOVE xLuna&1LOVE is offline
rainy day Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: NED
Posts: 9,797
Timmy leveled up her music career. Some can disagree, or either dislike what he has done for her discography. There is good stuff, there is stuff that question his/her taste in quality, but that is beside the point. But basically calling Timmy out and blaming him for using Ayu is really bold. And not delicious.
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #185  
Old 13th April 2021, 04:50 PM
Andrenekoi's Avatar
Andrenekoi Andrenekoi is offline
HAPPY ENDING Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Brazil
Posts: 6,908
He always got the blame for stuff that were ultimatelly Ayu's decisions, and that is annoying as fuck. Ayu is the boss and she is the one calling the shots. Even if Timmy sugested those stuff (what I doubt for a lot of it, like his outfits), she still is the one responsable for aproving those.
__________________

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html


I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Reply With Quote
  #186  
Old 13th April 2021, 04:59 PM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
AHS always amazes me with its capacity of being extra. Jeez.
--
I was wondering when we'll get Episode I of this series of teases from "23rd Monster". Criptic Ayu is being a thing lately (let's remember tge mysterious TROUBLE's aeternal reveal).
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #187  
Old 13th April 2021, 07:28 PM
Chris85's Avatar
Chris85 Chris85 is offline
UNITE! Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2012
Location: Russia
Posts: 2,201
Quote:
Originally Posted by Insanes View Post
But BRILLANTE, man, this track gives me goosebumps everytime I hear it.
Even my friend, who doesn't care about Ayu, likes this song, which kinda surprised me.
Reply With Quote
  #188  
Old 13th April 2021, 07:36 PM
!Lawi!'s Avatar
!Lawi! !Lawi! is offline
ayu trance Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2008
Location: France
Posts: 2,003
Everytime there's a new message on here I'm hoping for a new teaser for the MV, but no, apparently this thread is now about how horrible Timmy was and trying to determine Ayu's worst song

I still have 23rd Monster on repeat, I know it's not her best but it hits all the right chords for me, I really am in love with this song really hope whatever album comes next will have more of this and less of Pray for you.
Reply With Quote
  #189  
Old 13th April 2021, 11:52 PM
blackmage's Avatar
blackmage blackmage is offline
immature Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
He always got the blame for stuff that were ultimatelly Ayu's decisions, and that is annoying as fuck. Ayu is the boss and she is the one calling the shots. Even if Timmy sugested those stuff (what I doubt for a lot of it, like his outfits), she still is the one responsable for aproving those.
THIS. Ayu will get what she wants and if she chooses songs that are unfavorable, that's still always on her, but good for trying.

I know it's her 23rd anniversary I kind of wish that Ayu just titled the track as "Monster' though. I keep listening to it on repeat then switching to 春よ、来い and back again. Totally in love with these tracks; in an alternative universe I could have seen this as a double A single, ha. They pair so well together I feel. Or that's just cause I keep playing these two so much.

Last edited by blackmage; 13th April 2021 at 11:55 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #190  
Old 13th April 2021, 11:59 PM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,369
We have a thread to discuss Timmy here. Baseless comments on him and why he was in Ayu's team are going to be removed from this thread, though. It isn't necessary.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #191  
Old 14th April 2021, 12:32 AM
blackmage's Avatar
blackmage blackmage is offline
immature Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2004
Location: Los Angeles
Posts: 960
Quote:
Originally Posted by koumori View Post
We have a thread to discuss Timmy here. Baseless comments on him and why he was in Ayu's team are going to be removed from this thread, though. It isn't necessary.
Then maybe you should have nipped it in the butt with some of those comments sooner. You think. My comment was definitely not baseless to the discussion or putting him down in any way and don't see why it needed to be deleted in my post above.
Reply With Quote
  #192  
Old 14th April 2021, 02:02 AM
koumori's Avatar
koumori koumori is offline
RAINBOW Guardian

 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Location: Finland
Posts: 8,369
Quote:
Originally Posted by blackmage View Post
Then maybe you should have nipped it in the butt with some of those comments sooner. You think. My comment was definitely not baseless to the discussion or putting him down in any way and don't see why it needed to be deleted in my post above.
Unless people report posts, I can only catch things when I'm online and I happen to see it. I've cleared up the thread to try and stop people from repeating themselves by replying to leftover content. I'm sorry if you felt wronged by that, it's nothing personal.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #193  
Old 14th April 2021, 07:07 AM
ayufan89's Avatar
ayufan89 ayufan89 is offline
Two of us Initiate
 
Join Date: May 2005
Posts: 216
While they are obviously not apple to apple comparisons, I thought it was interesting that Utada's new upload (a teaser too) garnered around 200K views in 2 days. Ayu's 23rd monster teaser has around 500K in 6 days.

Yes it is much shorter, but I guess without a super huge tie-in like One Last Kiss, we can have a more meaningful comparison~
__________________

Reply With Quote
  #194  
Old 14th April 2021, 08:56 AM
Katsuyuki012's Avatar
Katsuyuki012 Katsuyuki012 is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Location: Germany
Posts: 1,408
23rd Monster has debuted at #30 on the Billboard Japan Top Download Songs chart.

The Oricon chart position is usually quite close to the Billboard one, so if all things go well, she will reach the top 30 on the Oricon Digital Single Songs chart.

EDIT: Just saw it reached #29 on Oricon with 3,236 downloads!
__________________


Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 14th April 2021 at 08:59 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #195  
Old 14th April 2021, 09:13 AM
Evan Odinson's Avatar
Evan Odinson Evan Odinson is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2016
Posts: 1,400
Quote:
Originally Posted by ayufan89 View Post
While they are obviously not apple to apple comparisons, I thought it was interesting that Utada's new upload (a teaser too) garnered around 200K views in 2 days. Ayu's 23rd monster teaser has around 500K in 6 days.

Yes it is much shorter, but I guess without a super huge tie-in like One Last Kiss, we can have a more meaningful comparison~
And not only OLK, Pink Blood is also being used as the opening of Fumetsu no Anata e, a highly anticipated anime (really good one btw!) So her hype is in a whole other level.
Reply With Quote
  #196  
Old 14th April 2021, 01:35 PM
kendelle's Avatar
kendelle kendelle is offline
A BALLADS Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2005
Location: Adelaide, South Australia
Posts: 4,272
Where's that thread where we were able to face off all her songs against each other? I remember it took literally hours for me to do hahaha
I am pretty sure ANGEL'S SONG was the lowest for me lmao I can't separate it from a cringey PV...

Timmy did a lot of songs I really love like BRILLANTE, ESM, HBYA. I quite enjoy Survivor as well.

Honestly wish that The World Ends With You anime had picked up 23rd Monster for their replacement OP song. The more I listen to this song it could fit an anime really well and the themes of TWEWY would kind of fit the lyrics as well.

Missed opportunity
__________________


Signature presented by the amazing majrakun <3 thanks photobucket
MY
Twitter | last.fm | Facebook | Tumblr

Reply With Quote
  #197  
Old 14th April 2021, 03:05 PM
kotora's Avatar
kotora kotora is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan Odinson View Post
I'd take The Next Love & Eyes, Smoke, Magic over Angel's song and my honey any time lol I simply can't with her "cute" 2000 anime opening alvin and the chipmunks kinda songs
what's my honey?
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #198  
Old 14th April 2021, 03:25 PM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is offline
Humming 7/4 Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by kendelle View Post
Where's that thread where we were able to face off all her songs against each other? I remember it took literally hours for me to do hahaha
I am pretty sure ANGEL'S SONG was the lowest for me lmao I can't separate it from a cringey PV...

Timmy did a lot of songs I really love like BRILLANTE, ESM, HBYA. I quite enjoy Survivor as well.

Honestly wish that The World Ends With You anime had picked up 23rd Monster for their replacement OP song. The more I listen to this song it could fit an anime really well and the themes of TWEWY would kind of fit the lyrics as well.

Missed opportunity
I think the Angels Song Pv is epic! It reminds me of b-production movies from the 80s and the song is real gem and serves as a great opener to Memorial Address.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Reply With Quote
  #199  
Old 14th April 2021, 05:31 PM
dumbellz's Avatar
dumbellz dumbellz is offline
Two of us Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2006
Posts: 183
Quote:
Originally Posted by kotora View Post
what's my honey?
The song HONEY but the lyrics has this “my honey~~”
Reply With Quote
  #200  
Old 14th April 2021, 06:18 PM
kotora's Avatar
kotora kotora is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,196
Quote:
Originally Posted by dumbellz View Post
The song HONEY but the lyrics has this “my honey~~”
I thought there was a secret song called MY HONEY from ayu.
__________________
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
23rd monster

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 02:24 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.