Bilibili Macro Link 2021 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #81  
Old 13th July 2021, 09:44 PM
kotora's Avatar
kotora kotora is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2003
Posts: 5,196
Her voice is great.

But the MY ALL performance is a bit sad at the part that she stops singing and let the audience to sing.. but there is no audience at her side.. and you can only hear the background voice.... that part is so sad and shows how pandemic changes the world in every single level even in this small performance.
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #82  
Old 13th July 2021, 09:48 PM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is online now
Humming 7/4 Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
Yes!
Everything has been prerecorded and edited since the pandemic (minus the Christmas live... and it showed) to make her sound almost perfect as in most live releases.
She could be offkey all the way and we wouldn't know unfortunately.
Crossing fingers her voice is indeed not so far from the result.
The latest Life unedited vocals (from the Return concert) were ok with noticeable offkey parts.
I think that sometimes there is no salvaging stuff and no amount of post production can help. I can vouch that she’s sounded amazing in Saitama in Feb last year and its obvious she’s doing something about her voice.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Reply With Quote
  #83  
Old 13th July 2021, 11:30 PM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I think that sometimes there is no salvaging stuff and no amount of post production can help. I can vouch that she’s sounded amazing in Saitama in Feb last year and its obvious she’s doing something about her voice.
POWER of A^3 is a very good example of that. Editing made the concert better, but it's clear she's struggling a lot to sing during the whole show. That's not the case of these 2021 and 2021 concerts.
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #84  
Old 14th July 2021, 12:48 AM
njanjayrp's Avatar
njanjayrp njanjayrp is online now
Humming 7/4 Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Belgrade, Serbia
Posts: 7,526
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
POWER of A^3 is a very good example of that. Editing made the concert better, but it's clear she's struggling a lot to sing during the whole show. That's not the case of these 2021 and 2021 concerts.
Absolutely + the CDL 2007-2008 where she sounded horrible even on DVD.
__________________




Follow me @njanjayrp

Reply With Quote
  #85  
Old 14th July 2021, 03:28 AM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Absolutely + the CDL 2007-2008 where she sounded horrible even on DVD.
It's funny because she sounded bad most of the time, but I remember she sang Together When..., untitled and Sotsugyou Shashin greatly even during the original broadcast.
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #86  
Old 14th July 2021, 03:48 AM
hidekirby's Avatar
hidekirby hidekirby is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: France
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
I think that sometimes there is no salvaging stuff and no amount of post production can help. I can vouch that she’s sounded amazing in Saitama in Feb last year and its obvious she’s doing something about her voice.
I don't know... As regards being offkey, I believe editing can do wonders. I don't remember which live it was (but an old one) and I compared both versions (edited/unedited), it was just day and night. Without her sounding robotic or over edited (like some later shows).
If they could have such results 20-10 years ago I have no doubt they can correct everything they want by now.

As I said the live version of Life really stands out (not in a good way) among all the other edited renditions of the last concert.
Reply With Quote
  #87  
Old 14th July 2021, 04:08 AM
RealLight's Avatar
RealLight RealLight is offline
ever free Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: São Paulo, Brazil
Posts: 1,280
Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Absolutely + the CDL 2007-2008 where she sounded horrible even on DVD.
Wat
Reply With Quote
  #88  
Old 14th July 2021, 05:37 AM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
I don't know... As regards being offkey, I believe editing can do wonders. I don't remember which live it was (but an old one) and I compared both versions (edited/unedited), it was just day and night. Without her sounding robotic or over edited (like some later shows).
If they could have such results 20-10 years ago I have no doubt they can correct everything they want by now.

As I said the live version of Life really stands out (not in a good way) among all the other edited renditions of the last concert.
I really think she sound good in Life. She's off-key during some parts, but most of the time it sounds good and stable to me.
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #89  
Old 14th July 2021, 06:20 AM
hidekirby's Avatar
hidekirby hidekirby is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: France
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I really think she sound good in Life. She's off-key during some parts, but most of the time it sounds good and stable to me.
I think it's obviously been far worse in the past but she's still quite far from sounding good to me (in that particular performance). Too many offkey parts throughout the whole song. In that regard it's really contrasting with the edited versions of the other songs where (almost?) everything is on key and where she seems to hit every single note effortlessly.

That's what I mean when I say you can't really judge from prerecorded live versions. With ayu the difference between edited and unedited has been pretty noticeable. Above all when the source material wasn't great to begin with.

I would say she's still trying not to scream and have more control which is definitely a good thing to carry on. And we all heard good improvements with the last non-edited Promised Land. Hope it's going on like that. At least it shows she is really focusing on vocals these days.
Reply With Quote
  #90  
Old 14th July 2021, 06:30 AM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by hidekirby View Post
I think it's obviously been far worse in the past but she's still quite far from sounding good to me (in that particular performance). Too many offkey parts throughout the whole song. In that regard it's really contrasting with the edited versions of the other songs where (almost?) everything is on key and where she seems to hit every single note effortlessly.

That's what I mean when I say you can't really judge from prerecorded live versions. With ayu the difference between edited and unedited has been pretty noticeable. Above all when the source material wasn't great to begin with.

I would say she's still trying not to scream and have more control which is definitely a good thing to carry on. And we all heard good improvements with the last non-edited Promised Land. Hope it's going on like that. At least it shows she is really focusing on vocals these days.
Well, we have cases like that since I remember being a fan of her, specially during Countdown Lives (as we usually didn't have access to unedited Arena Tour recordings). I remember how different she sounded during Endless sorrow @ CDL 05-06, with a lot of editing to make her sound on-key at the DVD version.

My point is, considering all the circumstances and given her actual condition, I think she sounds as good as she can and she's not struggling or shouting a lot. Also, her singing difficulties aren't on her way to convey emotions during the performance (different from POA^3, when she was too disturbed, probably because she couldn't her herself properly). I'm personally satisfied with that, but I know it's subjective.
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)


Last edited by summerain; 14th July 2021 at 06:34 AM.
Reply With Quote
  #91  
Old 14th July 2021, 06:54 AM
hidekirby's Avatar
hidekirby hidekirby is offline
SEASONS Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2004
Location: France
Posts: 1,389
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Well, we have cases like that since I remember being a fan of her, specially during Countdown Lives (as we usually didn't have access to unedited Arena Tour recordings). I remember how different she sounded during Endless sorrow @ CDL 05-06, with a lot of editing to make her sound on-key at the DVD version.
Yes I know what you mean. I used to listen to the non edited live, if you compare it with the dvd you can really hear the work being done. And to be honest the source material wasn’t sooo bad. She sounded quite strong that CDL.

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
My point is, considering all the circumstances and given her actual condition, I think she sounds as good as she can and she's not struggling or shouting a lot. Also, her singing difficulties aren't on her way to convey emotions during the performance (different from POA^3, when she was too disturbed, probably because she couldn't her herself properly). I'm personally satisfied with that, but I know it's subjective.
Of course, I agree on that ; )
(I remember she sounded quite sick that night during POA^3 recording or like she damaged her voice previously).
Reply With Quote
  #92  
Old 14th July 2021, 08:47 AM
visionfactory's Avatar
visionfactory visionfactory is offline
No way to say Initiate
 
Join Date: Dec 2007
Location: Chile
Posts: 5,251
Anna Tsuchiya made a long Instagram live in the dressing room before just coming up to the stage so I don't think it was pre-recorded
__________________
Concerts I've attended:
[2020] E-girls, Happiness, SYY & Girls² at E-girls XX PERFECT LIVE 2011▶︎2020 (Mie, Japan)
[2020] ayumi hamasaki at TROUBLE TOUR 2020 A -Saigo no Trouble- (Saitama, Japan)
[2020] Aikawa Nanase at LIVE TOUR 2020 forbidden (Tokyo, Japan)
[2020] AI at Concert 2020 Baby You Can Cry (Saitama, Japan)
[2020] Ai Otsuka at aio piano vol.7 (Nagoya, Japan)
[2020] Anna Tsuchiya at Birthday Live 2020 (Osaka, Japan)
Spoiler:
[2019] BoA, Red Velvet, YURI & HYO at SMTOWN LIVE IN SANTIAGO (Santiago, Chile)
[2017] Juice=Juice at LIVE AROUND 2017 ~World Tour~ (Santiago, Chile)
[2017] Anna Tsuchiya at Super Japan Expo (Santiago, Chile)
[2017] Do As Infinity at Anime Friends 2017 (Santiago, Chile)
[2015] Anna Tsuchiya at Super Japan Expo (Santiago, Chile)
[2012] After School & RaNia at Music Bank World Tour (Viña del Mar, Chile)
[2011] m.o.v.e at Super Japan Expo (Santiago, Chile)
Reply With Quote
  #93  
Old 14th July 2021, 10:37 AM
summerain's Avatar
summerain summerain is offline
ayu-mi-x Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2018
Posts: 537
Quote:
Originally Posted by visionfactory View Post
Anna Tsuchiya made a long Instagram live in the dressing room before just coming up to the stage so I don't think it was pre-recorded
I think Ayu's part was 100% pre-recorded. They way she changed her outfit didn't seem it was live.
__________________


no rain, can't get the rainbow
(ayumi hamasaki - RAINBOW)

Reply With Quote
  #94  
Old 14th July 2021, 11:18 AM
Aderianu's Avatar
Aderianu Aderianu is offline
Love song H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: RUSSIA
Posts: 17,108
Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
They way she changed her outfit didn't seem it was live.
Absolutely right. Ayu change outfit in a second for something that can't be hide under the dress
Reply With Quote
  #95  
Old 14th July 2021, 12:39 PM
~angel*ayumi~'s Avatar
~angel*ayumi~ ~angel*ayumi~ is offline
my name's WOMEN Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Germany
Posts: 6,435
Maybe Dearest was live and My All was pre-recorded
__________________
Please click my pokemon if you have time ^-^



Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
Reply With Quote
  #96  
Old 14th July 2021, 08:35 PM
hud's Avatar
hud hud is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Feb 2010
Posts: 1,804
ok this is it for me. this vocal technique she's using is trash. sing with your normal voice, woman.
Reply With Quote
  #97  
Old 14th July 2021, 10:10 PM
maxikot's Avatar
maxikot maxikot is offline
BEST Initiate
 
Join Date: Oct 2006
Location: Poland
Posts: 1,729
I was enchanted by this performance. Stunning and beautifully sang
__________________
Some live performances subbed by me https://vimeo.com/user16870996
Reply With Quote
  #98  
Old 14th July 2021, 10:39 PM
jyujiw's Avatar
jyujiw jyujiw is offline
from your letter Initiate
 
Join Date: Jun 2011
Location: Belém, Brazil
Posts: 404
Late in the party but I'm in love with the arrangement of Dearest. Wish the Made in Japan Tour was something like that, with oriental arrangements for her older songs, but oh well, that's life

I'm having mixed feelings with her baby voice, I'm happy that she's not screaming but I like it more when she sings more naturally like in the MY ALL performance. Want to see how she's doing with the Music For Life
Reply With Quote
  #99  
Old 15th July 2021, 06:30 AM
Cahz-'s Avatar
Cahz- Cahz- is offline
immature Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2012
Posts: 992
I think the baby voice worked perfectly for Dearest.
Reply With Quote
  #100  
Old 15th July 2021, 11:34 PM
Rajma's Avatar
Rajma Rajma is offline
Depend on you Initiate
 
Join Date: Apr 2009
Location: Brazil
Posts: 158
Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
I thought she was going to sing chinese version of MY ALL
me2.... i was waitin for it. hahaha
but its ok. Was wonderful <3
__________________

> Ayutubebr <
> AyuTrollada_Oficial <
> hamasakiayumibr <
Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
blm2021

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 01:20 AM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2021, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.