[News] New Album TROUBLE on August 15th ~III~ - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 6th August 2018, 04:46 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Ok, I went from liking the album to loving it after listening to it in high quality on my good phones.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 6th August 2018, 04:52 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^ same, I can't stop listening to it now lmao
Old 6th August 2018, 05:12 AM

Even though I enjoy her voice, it feels strange when put together with the arrangements of aeternal and The way I am. Also I find those extremely boring and uninspired. I was already over this kind of dreamy summer songs after glitter was released. Honestly, how many of this kind of songs do we need? Both have a nice melody and if they would have gotten more raw arrangements with a more rock feel to them instead of this typical dreamy jpop sound, they could have been great. But like this they just bore me.
It doesn't help the album either that WORDS is also on the EP, which is as boring as it can get.
W could have been great, but especially the chorus lacks something.
Old 6th August 2018, 05:27 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Honestly, I'm underwhelmed. The songs are nice, but just nice. I think I'll like it more after listening to it a few more times, because right now none of the new songs stand out for me. WATQ is my favorite song on the album, I was really hoping that wouldn't be the case initially but it's still good to have new music.
Old 6th August 2018, 05:53 AM
Initiate

I get the impression that she released this album due to pressure from fans and/or avex since it was expected she should do something for her 20th anniversary especially after not having a new album in two years, but she wasn't ready yet. Though if that was the case, I don't get why they didn't just release A Best 3 and call it a day. She could have kept touring with that, without having to record new music and it would have been fitting for an anniversary.

Last edited by cosmicfirefly; 6th August 2018 at 05:57 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 05:57 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

I'm pleasantly surprised with W! Give me rock Ayu and her signature "accent" and I am happy! Wish this was a full album!
Old 6th August 2018, 06:10 AM
SURREAL Initiate

This album excreting summer...
I really hope W didn't have u wo uwo vocalizing part in the reff. Although it's not as much as WATQ but still...
aeterna and the way I am are like her general pop songs... hit and miss for me. At this time, they're slight in a miss side.
Old 6th August 2018, 06:12 AM
WE WISH Initiate

I like this mini, and I'm happy with the songs. But like, they really could have been something better. W, for example, with the chorus issue that many of us has touched on.

For me also, I guess I get the concept, but I wouldn't have minded a low budget but well directed pv to tie into her vision for this. At this point though, I'm just accepting the music and hoping it's good, which it is (even if not stellar).

I just wanted a cover album. I still want one now lol.

On another note, I did enjoy getting to hear demos.

Ayu 💛 JASMINE 💛 Hikki 💛 Eiko 💛 MELL
♡ MUCC ♡

Twitter

Old 6th August 2018, 07:10 AM
SCAR Initiate

I’m just wondering why she would call it trouble and give it an edgy promotion as if all the songs were like W when more than half of it it’s generic ballads lol
Old 6th August 2018, 07:15 AM
SURREAL H-Initiate

Yeah it’s weird.

This entire release is very weird.

And ultimately I’m extremely underwhelmed.

Like, ok cool. 3 new songs. But like, I like having albums that really have some point of view or direction, or something to grasp on to.

Heck, even sixxxxxx had some sort of connection tying them all together. This release just feels so ... weird to me.

I don’t hate any songs, but I’m still not like feeling anything with this release. I waited two years for what, less than 15 min of new music.

"Remember, don't let others dictate your music taste. If you like whatever you're listening to, keep listening to it."

Old 6th August 2018, 07:16 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by tsumekaze_ View Post
I’m just wondering why she would call it trouble and give it an edgy promotion as if all the songs were like W when more than half of it it’s generic ballads lol
Honestly makes no fuckin sense.
Old 6th August 2018, 07:36 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by cosmicfirefly View Post
I get the impression that she released this album due to pressure from fans and/or avex since it was expected she should do something for her 20th anniversary especially after not having a new album in two years, but she wasn't ready yet. Though if that was the case, I don't get why they didn't just release A Best 3 and call it a day. She could have kept touring with that, without having to record new music and it would have been fitting for an anniversary.
I felt like the spotlight is on Namie Amuro in this year. Ayu is quieter about her 20th anniversary, compared to what she did in 10th and 15th Anniversary. I am not expecting A BEST 3 will be out anytime soon.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 6th August 2018, 07:39 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
After reading the lyrics, for me it's pretty clear she's talking about her struggle with deafness and critics. The main cover (the one used on CM) is basically her touching the left ear. It's the trouble, the problem, the issue.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 6th August 2018, 07:48 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Im liking it. Loving w. Would of been nicer if I hadn't already known watq and words, but im liking it more first off then (made) in Japan . Wishing it had one or 2 more tracks to it or pv's even interludes i would loved to help bridge the tracks together. I still love the song but i feel watq should of been a bonus track (but it does kind of feel we aren't seeing the creative side of ayu as much anymore , but who knows the reason. The 5 tracks may be ayu's decision with a reason or it could be avex doing the, need to make some money thing ) she may also have her next project in sight and maybe these wouldn't fit on it and she just wanted to share her songs

Last edited by douggn; 6th August 2018 at 07:54 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:14 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by kaled kalil View Post
@thinkingoutloud89 singles are supposed to be a glimpse of what to expect for the album, and not the whole content... There is nothing wrong in listening to singles before the album.

I'll wait for the album to be available in here (around midnight, I would say), so I can experience the album. I haven't pay much attention to WORDS, but I kinda like WATQ.
It is not, but people should stop crying about "old songs on albums" like they didn't know better then.
Old 6th August 2018, 08:38 AM
SCAR Initiate

Anyway what bothers me it’s that there’s virtually no promotion for this here in Japan. I can see Utada and Namie literally everywhere but there’s nothing about trouble? Or maybe I haven’t noticed? Lol
Old 6th August 2018, 08:47 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Anyway what bothers me it’s that there’s virtually no promotion for this here in Japan. I can see Utada and Namie literally everywhere but there’s nothing about trouble? Or maybe I haven’t noticed? Lol
I am mad there is no PV for TROUBLE. I feel ayu is unusually quiet for promoting this album.

Well, this year is for Namie for sure.

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 6th August 2018, 08:52 AM
poker face Initiate

I'm glad there's a preview on iTunes today. I cancelled my order. lol!!!!!!
This mess ain't worth 2000yen, and I'm gonna get a Taiwan version at a cheaper price and it even comes with that DVD!

This mess is confusing. I have no idea what "TROUBLE" has to do with the cover and the songs.
The songs ain't even related to the theme.
If W goes with We are the Queens, the other 3 songs are out of line.
It seems to me that their team is now only left with ayu and Timmy going like "oh yea that's so cool let's call it trouble you trouble maker, you go girl let's do it". And here we get a pile of songs they randomly burn with their laptop.

Ayu really needs to learn how to tone down the dramatic teases that don't live up to expectations.
Doing 4 big shows at Tokyo and Osaka, give it a special name, is better than doing a bunch of hall shows over 4 months. Touring small houses with a 5-track EP is much more underwhelming than doing a mash-up 20th anniversary show.
Old 6th August 2018, 09:18 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

This “mini album” deserves some pvs. At least one for sure. I’m really surprised of how fantastic it is. Just disappointed that there isn’t even one pv.

Last edited by FoxyPinkGirl; 6th August 2018 at 09:21 AM.
Old 6th August 2018, 09:37 AM
And Then Initiate

I am surprised to love this album so much.

I really LOVE W and The way I am, I listen to them in a loop! I have always loved we are the queen, this song cheer me up, it's done the job.
aeternel is nice, not a big fan of the arrangement but chorus is really pretty, and I love her voice on this song!
WORDS is... WORDS haha
It don't bother me, it's just ok

like everyone else I'm frustrated that there are only 5 songs and I would like to understand but, I enjoy of what we have for now.

good job Ayu! It's a strange release but maybe tha'ts why I love it haha
Closed Thread

Tags
the way i am, trouble, w (trouble), we are the queens, words, æternal