'Pray' mixed by David Reitzas - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·


Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Reply
 
Thread Tools Display Modes
  #21  
Old 26th November 2013, 10:11 PM
brener brener is offline
Because of You Initiate
 
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Brasil
Posts: 5,475
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I would say most people shouldn't be all that excited because of him, considering we as mostly music fans without that much knowlegment on the technical aspects of music can't really notice the difference between a good mixed and a poorly mixed tracks xD
agreed..
__________________
Reply With Quote
  #22  
Old 26th November 2013, 10:19 PM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,325
I believe they tend to choose him for very specific projects. Most of the songs he works on are pretty epic imo.
Reply With Quote
  #23  
Old 26th November 2013, 10:23 PM
dreamlover13's Avatar
dreamlover13 dreamlover13 is offline
poker face Initiate
 
Join Date: Jan 2009
Posts: 92
November and beloved sound the same and are interchangeable, so this explains a lot.
__________________

Tumblr * Twitter

Reply With Quote
  #24  
Old 26th November 2013, 10:30 PM
truehappiness's Avatar
truehappiness truehappiness is offline
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate
 
Join Date: Aug 2003
Location: Anaheim, California
Posts: 35,325
Quote:
Originally Posted by dreamlover13 View Post
November and beloved sound the same and are interchangeable, so this explains a lot.
He put the song together, but the arrangements don't really have anything to do with him.

As mixer, he uses the pieces that the arranger makes along with the vocalist. How the song sounds when it comes to the music (not volume/balance/whatever) is something he doesn't really have control over.
Reply With Quote
  #25  
Old 26th November 2013, 10:39 PM
Coelacanth Coelacanth is offline
GAME Initiate
 
Join Date: Nov 2003
Location: nyc
Posts: 5,840
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...
Reply With Quote
  #26  
Old 26th November 2013, 11:04 PM
channy's Avatar
channy channy is offline
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate
 
Join Date: Sep 2008
Location: I live isolated in my own sick world.
Posts: 1,987
Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I would say most people shouldn't be all that excited because of him, considering we as mostly music fans without that much knowlegment on the technical aspects of music can't really notice the difference between a good mixed and a poorly mixed tracks xD
Pardon? I beg to differ. Grab a decent pair of headphones and take your sweet time to listen to your music. You'll notice a difference.

I mainly notice bad mixing through distortions, for instance on "progress", "reminds me" and generally songs from Party Queen.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...
The way I see it seems to be contrary to your point of view as I frankly consider "SAKURA" as the brightest, most colourful and rich sounding part of "LOVE again". I'd wish to have more songs of her future works sound like that...

Last edited by channy; 26th November 2013 at 11:14 PM.
Reply With Quote
  #27  
Old 27th November 2013, 12:19 AM
marty's Avatar
marty marty is offline
Endless sorrow Initiate
 
Join Date: Mar 2013
Location: Italy, Turin
Posts: 1,649
Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
A lot of fans (including myself) believe the LOVE again album tracks were mixed poorly. SAKURA especially sounds tinny. I don't know what happened there...
And Bye bye darling. And petal. Omg, especially petal, it could have been so much better if those guitars were more incisive! SAKURA is another issue for me, because I think those verses are so uninspired compared to the gorgeous chorus, and the result is much worse than it could have been if they didn't focus only on those choruses.
But, well, you know, that's just the opinion of a woman who didn't know what mixing is till like, two seconds ago, so...XD
__________________


Hello new me...

Reply With Quote
Reply

Tags
buddha2, david reitzas, pray

Thread Tools
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off



All times are GMT +1. The time now is 05:31 PM.


Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.4
Copyright ©2000 - 2020, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.