HEAVEN edges closer to HELL... - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 15th September 2005, 01:32 PM
BEST Initiate

In ten years time, some of you will look back on this and see how ridiculous you guys were being over silly rankings. Some of you guys are nearly at the level of those fanatical Harry Potter geeks.
Old 15th September 2005, 01:32 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by extepan
i think the timing of the single release is bad. they shouldnt have released it so soon after fairyland.
they should have learnt from what happened to forgiveness
No, forgiveness was just a really weak ballad for her. She used to release singles month after month, MANY singles a year, and her sales were higher. It's not timing...good music is good music, if people wanted it that badly they'd get it. People need to stop making excuses and accept the fact that for once she's not #1...there are worse things in the world.
Old 15th September 2005, 01:55 PM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro
In ten years time, some of you will look back on this and see how ridiculous you guys were being over silly rankings. Some of you guys are nearly at the level of those fanatical Harry Potter geeks.
WE ARE WHAT WE ARE
that's the way I want.
Old 15th September 2005, 01:57 PM
July 1st Initiate

Haha, well, don't worry ... I know people are really surprised at the sales and are freaking out! But I can understand ... I mean afterall the first and second singles are from artistes that I think most people don't know of. So they think "How can HEAVEN lose to that!"

Personally, I think the underlying thing is that yup, HEAVEN is a good single and that's that! I really hope that it can get to number one when SHINOBI is released! Yup, just seeing HEAVEN secure the no. 1 position would be really good! But even if it does not, it's still a good single! So don't need to lose faith just because HEAVEN hasn't gotten number 1!

Remember ... fairyland bounced back from #18 to #14 even such a long time after it was released! So don't worry, let's hope it'll be back up again!
Old 15th September 2005, 02:11 PM
Far away Initiate

Put it this way: Gorie is a very established veteran in the Japanese entertainment industry. Obviously Ayu can't hold a candle to him.

And you guys really need to stop sounding like it's the end of the world if Ayu gets anything else other than #1.
Old 15th September 2005, 02:40 PM
Over Initiate

omg...
Old 15th September 2005, 02:41 PM
Gut it-pez Initiate

This whole chart week's crazy. It's a three-way race for the No. 1, I guess. However after next week it will be virtually impossible for "HEAVEN" to be No. 1, because of Utada. And voltron is right, remember from "M" to "UNITE!"? All released within six weeks from each other. And "Voyage" did great although it was release eight weeks after the mega-hit "H".

Last edited by Connected; 15th September 2005 at 03:01 PM.
Old 15th September 2005, 02:52 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer
But if they had released it after Shinobi, then it would be in direct competition with Utada and that would have been even worse. I think the main problem is that fairyland should have been released before August and they should have had Ayu performing Heaven a little sooner. I think Avex just got too comfortable, assuming that she would automatically get #1 no matter what.
Well, I prefer HEAVEN to be beaten by Be My Last than PECORI NIGHT . It made me so sad to know that her streak just ended like that.. Yes, I agree with the fact that Avex was overly comfortable, they just dozed off.. HEAVEN lacked some amount of promotion too.. Its so depressing.. Its not the end of the world for most, but for some of us, it is kind of.. I'm actually experiencing the end of the world..
watashi wa nani o omoeba ii
watashi wa nan te ittara ii
konna watashi no koto
wakarou to suru nante
kimi ga hajimete datta
Old 15th September 2005, 03:00 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hiro

Old 15th September 2005, 03:00 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

Woah!!!! This IS TOTALLY UNFAIR!!!!!!!!! I THOUGHT I'LL GET A GOOD NEWS ABOUT HEAVEN BECOME NO.1 BUT WHEN I JUST SIGN IN, ..........(speechless)

Hold the flowers to your heart,
and pray that they may some day bloom.

Old 15th September 2005, 03:02 PM
Connected Initiate

So many source of mp3s even before it were release if I wasnt a hardcore ayu fan I wouldnt buy the single @ all!

Old 15th September 2005, 03:22 PM
ayu trance Initiate

[rant]

Gah. There’s always 3 types of people in this thread:

1) The optimistic: “Look at it this way! At least she’s in the Top 5.”
2) The pessimistic: “OMG! This is the end of the world and we’re all gonna diiiie”
3) The cynicist: “Why are you all acting like it’s the end of the world? OMFG GET OVER YOURSELF K.”

None of them are all that good to be. I, myself, am usually number 1 because I’d rather her be in top 5 than number 11 or number 12. The ones that are the worse are number 3 though. You know why? Because they criticize people about “freaking out” over Ayu not having #1, but then THEY themselves freak out over others freaking out. So generally, they’re hypocrites. There is nothing wrong with people thinking it’s the end of the world; they’re dedicated and expect Ayu to do better. But what really steams me is when people say that we’re comparable to “Harry Potter freaks” because we’re a bit upset that Ayu doesn’t get the #1 spot she deserves.

We don’t all think it’s “the end of the world” but disappointment is inevitable. That does not make us comparable to “Harry Potter freaks”: it just makes us dedicated to what we like, and if you were that dedicated you would feel the same way.

[/rant]

Anyway, congrats Ayu! So high for just coming out~ Especially since the movie isn’t even out yet.
Old 15th September 2005, 03:23 PM
//hikari

what about the people that just don't care about what rank she is? ... so there's at least 4 different types of people.
Old 15th September 2005, 03:25 PM
Banned

Oh no. Ayu isn't always going to be number one. *gasp*
Old 15th September 2005, 03:27 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by //hikari
what about the people that just don't care about what rank she is? ... so there's at least 4 different types of people.
Yeah but I said "in this thread". Why would you be replying if you don't care what rank she is?
Old 15th September 2005, 03:43 PM
monochrome Initiate

Originally, I didn't want this single since I don't love the songs very much. However, Ayu really needs the support, so I just bought the single from Playasia.com. I made sure it was the Japanese version because that HAS to count on the Oricon charts as long as it isn't overseas, right? I mean, if it's shipped out from Avex Japan, that's the number of albums sold, right? I hope my purchase counts toward Ayu's Oricon sales!
Old 15th September 2005, 03:43 PM
//hikari

Quote:
Originally Posted by bates
Yeah but I said "in this thread". Why would you be replying if you don't care what rank she is?
I liked the title. I thought it was cute and catchy. Then I saw a person speaking through their ass inorder to act superior.
Old 15th September 2005, 03:47 PM
Voyage Initiate

im the optimist mixed with the cynicist. Like im happy shes top 5, thats great, shoot, even top ten is great for me, but i wont go cutting my wrists about it.

theyre just ranks lol.. they mean nothing, ranks dont define someones greatness. Some of the best bands out there are some of the ones that will never get played either. Indie bands are awsome

Old 15th September 2005, 04:00 PM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I think the continuous debut on no.1 is coming to an end. I thought she would be the first J-pop singer to have the most no.1 debut............

Man, this really sucks!
Old 15th September 2005, 04:05 PM
YOU Initiate

Funny thing is: where did all these mp3 came from? Even before it's sold. Could be an insider job?
It's all around u, but u juz never notice.