ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~ - Page 7 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 8th April 2022, 07:07 PM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post
Setlist according to her website:

00. Prologue
01. A Song for ××
02. Microphone
03. taskinst
04. 1 LOVE
05. (don't) Leave me alone
06. Trickstar
07. WONDERLAND
08. Party queen
09. Depend on you
10. HONEY
11. HOPE or PAIN
12. GREEN
13. SCAR
14. Present
15. poker face
16. ayu-mi-x Mega-Mix 2022
17. too late ~ from your letter ~ Hana
18. Free & Easy
19. ourselves
20. Nonfiction
21. One Night Carnival
22. Boys & Girls
23. Who...
Perfect setlist!
Old 9th April 2022, 05:08 AM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
The more I watch the more I think that Ayu has everything going for her: great catalogue of songs, entertaining shows, good looks. Except vocal ability. Baby voice, screaming, unnatural way of singing, unnatural vibrato, going off-key. I don't understand how people can find listening to this enjoyble.
Nonfiction number looked cool, especially gestures they were making.
Well, she clearly has problems with her singing nowadays for obvious reasons, but even during her prime, when she was not suffering because of deafness and had more control of her voice, she wasn't praised by her vocal abilities. Being a fan of Ayu since day one is handling with that (even if we witness a lot of changes, sometimes good, sometimes bad ones). This moment, she's being off-key specially on the higher notes, but her voice is way more stable throughout songs compared to, I don't know, five years ago, during Just the beginning, for example. She is able to sustain her voice more, with more quality. The tone she's singing may not be "natural enough" (but during most of her career she was not singing in her natural register, it's not new), but I can see some improvement, considering all her circumstances. She's not a good vocalist, she was better than today for sure, but I think she's handling it ok.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 9th April 2022 at 05:17 AM.
Old 9th April 2022, 06:21 AM
too late Initiate

I think the cute,ballad and poker face section was bad due to her vocal.
The rest is ok to me. We watched the show by the recording video of dtv. The quality is not so good comparing to attending the show.
Perhaps, the edited version on July will be far better.
Old 9th April 2022, 02:36 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
Well, she clearly has problems with her singing nowadays for obvious reasons, but even during her prime, when she was not suffering because of deafness and had more control of her voice, she wasn't praised by her vocal abilities. Being a fan of Ayu since day one is handling with that (even if we witness a lot of changes, sometimes good, sometimes bad ones). This moment, she's being off-key specially on the higher notes, but her voice is way more stable throughout songs compared to, I don't know, five years ago, during Just the beginning, for example. She is able to sustain her voice more, with more quality. The tone she's singing may not be "natural enough" (but during most of her career she was not singing in her natural register, it's not new), but I can see some improvement, considering all her circumstances. She's not a good vocalist, she was better than today for sure, but I think she's handling it ok.
we love a nuanced, well-balanced take on this free web site!
Old 9th April 2022, 02:45 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:

Basically sums up what I think, as well.

Old 9th April 2022, 05:06 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

The concert was awesome. I felt pure joy while watching it and there were only very few moments like "Don't leave me alone" that got me worried. Other than that I think she sounded very good. There were no times I had to feel bad about the sound and it's going to make an outstanding DVD release. I was amazed when she did the full 1 LOVE routine 🔥 Not to mention all the props so the coffins, fire, a vertically moving screen (the transition from Free & Easy to Ourselves --> perfection), the ayu doll box (with the shoe and the 24th text on the sides).
What a great show.
Old 9th April 2022, 09:36 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
The concert was awesome. I felt pure joy while watching it and there were only very few moments like "Don't leave me alone" that got me worried. Other than that I think she sounded very good. There were no times I had to feel bad about the sound and it's going to make an outstanding DVD release. I was amazed when she did the full 1 LOVE routine 🔥 Not to mention all the props so the coffins, fire, a vertically moving screen (the transition from Free & Easy to Ourselves --> perfection), the ayu doll box (with the shoe and the 24th text on the sides).
What a great show.
How come you've been here as long as me and I've never seen any of your posts?
Old 9th April 2022, 11:48 PM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
How come you've been here as long as me and I've never seen any of your posts?
I suppose maybe because I mostly just state my opinion on things shortly and that's it : )
Old 10th April 2022, 08:57 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maxikot View Post
I suppose maybe because I mostly just state my opinion on things shortly and that's it : )
For 17 years I thought I'm the only Pole here, it's just funny that I have never seen any of your posts until now (Sorry for spamming)
Old 10th April 2022, 09:17 AM
As if.. Initiate

I saw the live recording of the new song, poker face. Anyone saw video of GREEN?
Old 10th April 2022, 09:54 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

ayu truly impressed me from HOPE or PAIN onwards.... much better than her baby-voice times last year.. I am also pleasantly surprised she went all out for 1LOVE with full choreography from 2007! my queen is officially back in my eyes!

I wished for a performance for (don't) Leave me alone, and I got it! it was an effectiveness performance for me.. vocals not that great, she forgot her lyrics. but still enjoyed it nonetheless. I almost teared at Who...

Now where is ASIA TOUR heading to?
Old 10th April 2022, 10:36 AM
SEASONS Initiate

I watched most of the show (even though I skipped some parts). I think she sounds great and it feels she has more control over her voice now, though still far from her peak. I wish she would stop forcing her voice trying to sound cute or whatever she’s trying, she sounded much more mature when she let it flow naturally (around 2006-08). The set list was great, the props too, but I can’t help but cringe every time I see so much dancers, so much back vocals and not a single drummer or guitarist. It really saddens me that this is the way her concerts are going to look from now onwards... I liked Ayu for the music and the rawness of her lives, the “show” part was secondary to me. Maybe that’s what her Japanese audience enjoys, I don’t. Just fire 5 dancers, 3091 back vocals and you can afford a damn live band Ayu

I also wonder when Asia dates are going to be announced
Old 10th April 2022, 02:34 PM
Love song H-Initiate

photos from ayu and gori instagram
Old 10th April 2022, 04:24 PM
ever free Initiate

I'm watching it now and enjoying it especially the opening numbers! I thought her voice was great in them!
But did anyone else find it suspicious they didn't do a single close up during 1LOVE? Is it too conspiracy theorist to wonder whether it was actually her doing that choreo....? ^^;

I miss the live band too!
Old 10th April 2022, 04:24 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
but even during her prime, when she was not suffering because of deafness and had more control of her voice, she wasn't praised by her vocal abilities.
That's true, it has always been hit or miss, however there were vocal performances I really enjoyed back then - for example Haru yo Koi, some of Jewel, Together When, Talkin' 2 myself and earlier ones.
I haven't heard something like that for a long time.
How she sounds now can be used as a torture device.
Old 10th April 2022, 05:53 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
photos from ayu and gori instagram
Saw Pey and Tomoki share two nice photos, as well!

Spoiler:

Tomoki's post ↑

Spoiler:

Pey's post ↑

Quote:
Originally Posted by natalaxie View Post
I'm watching it now and enjoying it especially the opening numbers! I thought her voice was great in them!
But did anyone else find it suspicious they didn't do a single close up during 1LOVE? Is it too conspiracy theorist to wonder whether it was actually her doing that choreo....? ^^;

I miss the live band too!
It's obviously Ayu doing the routine (and very well at that, IMO). The reason why they filmed it at such a distance is in order to make sure that no one notices anything in case she lip synchs the wrong words. In short, the vocals for that performance were pre-recorded.
I'm quite sure the DVD will have lots of close ups/closer shots. I really enjoyed the performance.

Also, there was a funny/cool moment where Ayu removed one of the bars by 'shaking' it rather aggressively, since it didn't break off when she was swinging the chair around.

Last edited by Katsuyuki012; 10th April 2022 at 06:04 PM.
Old 10th April 2022, 06:56 PM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
How she sounds now can be used as a torture device.
Maybe it's because vocal was too loud? I haven't heard anything that bad since Power of A^3 live broadcast.
Recent CDL was way better and ayu still was deaf there

Katsuyuki012, thanks!
Old 10th April 2022, 07:35 PM
Love song H-Initiate

More photos

Old 11th April 2022, 02:17 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

Here are some really nice press photos:

Old 11th April 2022, 03:55 PM
SEASONS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post