[Ai Otsuka] The 20th Official Thread - New Album "LOVE TRiCKY", 2015.4.22 - Page 25 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd April 2015, 04:57 AM
As if.. Initiate

Thank you Queen Otsuka for this album. This totally made up for...whatever LOVE FANTASTIC was.

Time Machine. affair. end and and. I'M LONELY. MY JAMS.

_genic better deliver.
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:02 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Wish I could join for the road trip lol
Thank you again Buce, your upload is the one thing that made me felt happy today lol
The weakest link in the album is busy lady for me, the rest is flawless.

I know this thing is not her forte but imo she delivered the style on point. The quirk is there and it's just so easy listening. Maybe that's what I've been missing from JPop bc I think most of the track I listen to are either heavy in emotion or just meh.

Imo, the problem with LOVE FANTASTIC are it included singles that were released way long before the album, and the rest of the album itself is midtempo songs. The only new upbeat in LOVE FANTASTIC is the title song and the rest we already heard 2-3 months before or years before. So when the album came out it was kinda dull, except for those who love her quirky midtempo songs like Zeke or me. I love the whole Gomen ne ~ 9 songs. It's just so Ai, the songs, sounds and arrangements, and I love that Ai.

Last edited by terra; 22nd April 2015 at 05:21 AM.
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:05 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ we'll fly you down here!
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:09 AM
from your letter Initiate

Well, honestly, the only song I loved on LOVE FANTASTIC was...LOVE FANTASTIC lol. The Ai there was the Ai we heard all the time. The Ai we hear in the new album is a new and experimental Ai and it's pretty obvious that its not going cater to her entire fan base since it's different. Since when has a recent artist done that (be experimental and had everyone love it? I mean, look at Ayu's Colours and Namie's last two albums. They dabbled with the Western sound and everyone either loved it or detest it)? There are probably more legit examples and counter examples, but the point is, I personally find it nice that she's branching out from her normal style, because this is something I last expected to hear from her after discovering and listening to her since '06.

Anyway, I am absolutely loving the sh*t out of this. I'm lonely and affair are my gateway to heaven yo. They both came out to be 10000000x better than I expected from the previews. The only song I'm still meh about is Reach for the moon, but even that song has it's moments. Overall, The whole album literally rocks my world. A huge THANK YOU to the uploaders!

you attack my heart.

Last edited by ~kashifaita~; 22nd April 2015 at 05:15 AM.
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:33 AM
Secret Initiate

The breakdown in laugh has me in tears so bomb
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:41 AM
forgiveness Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by NintendoHTF1242 View Post
The breakdown in laugh has me in tears so bomb

I'm listening to laugh rn and the breakdown is just everything
Old 22nd April 2015, 05:44 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

All the pressed people need Ai in their lives tbh.

I finally listened to laugh with headphones and omg!!! How the hell did Ai even make this album... I'm still in shock. Its flaw free.

Last edited by Delicious n Bold; 22nd April 2015 at 05:48 AM.
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:00 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

LOVE TRICKY sounds like Ami Suzuki´s album. Let´s hope Ai will not follow Ami Suzuki´s path of (un-)popularity.
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:03 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^In terms of sounding electronic, yes LOVE TRiCKY sounds like sth that Ami Suzuki does. But it still distinct from what Ami does, and no please not with the unpopularity

There's one song that kinda reminds me of capsule tho, but I forgot which one lol
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:05 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

She worked with the guy who did bitter on dolce I think...
It shows with all the smooth jams. I really love that she worked with him! It's a shame this album is gonna flop into absolute oblivion. Nintendo's copy won't even help at all. She'll be one copy shy of 100 sales and its because they didn't count his copy.
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:09 AM
forgiveness Initiate

^Yeah she worked with STUDIO APARTMENT, which song Bitter is the only song I know from him and I love it to death.

OT
I wonder what other songs STUDIO APARTMENT had worked beside Bitter, LOVE TRiCKY and AIO PUNCH
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:12 AM
Secret Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Delicious n Bold View Post
Nintendo's copy won't even help at all. She'll be one copy shy of 100 sales and its because they didn't count his copy.
LOL! God I hate Oricon's policies -_-;
Old 22nd April 2015, 06:42 AM
Initiate

I'm pretending this album is a re-debut for her, tbh. So I don't particularly mind that she'll inevitably have incredibly low sales for it. She's been gone from the public eye for so long that she's practically a new artist. And I'm glad she's doing something completely different this time around. With fantastic results to boot.

After being on hiatus for 3-4 years, I don't expect her to just come back and do the same old thing she's always done. That's boring and dated and while it may appease some old fans, it certainly doesn't do a good job at bringing in new ones. LOVE FANTASTIC was an attempt at returning to her usual formula. But it just didn't work. She's a different person now compared to her PUNCH/JAM/COOK/PiECE days, and her music should reflect that. If anything, I'm just going to pretend Avex forced her to release FANTASTIC as a way to stick her ancient album-less singles somewhere lmao.

Something I always really liked about Namie, and probably one of the factors that helps keep that goddess so popular, is that she's unpredictable. She stays on top of her game and you never know what she's going to do next.

I would have never in my life expected Ai to release a hot club banger like I'm lonely. And I definitely hope she continues to experiment and surprise in the future. With this album, she came looking for blood and left with every ounce of my life with her.

Old 22nd April 2015, 06:46 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ THAT GIF!!! OMGGG
Queen of musical reinventions tbh. She must have gotten pointers from Legend N.
Old 22nd April 2015, 07:07 AM
Secret Initiate

That GIF omg I am SLAYED!!

When the covers first came out, I literally said they were LOVE PUNCH kinds of cheapness. And now this album is my album of the year till Namie's and possibly Utada's like ??? This was TOTALLY unexpected from her, tbh. Haters stay pressed though. Idk why people expect Mozart levels of music on Japanese POP albums lol. And to be frank, this album shits all over WALK OF MY SNOOZEFEST and A ONE SAUCE. #SorryNotSorry. You get it, Ai girl. Now I wish I was in Japan for the tour lol.
Old 22nd April 2015, 07:13 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Someone edit a "y'all need Jesus" gif/meme to "y'all need Ai".
Old 22nd April 2015, 07:15 AM
teens Initiate

Can't believe we are almost at 500 posts now. I am going to give someone else a chance to create the next thread. Whoever wants to create it can do so.
Old 22nd April 2015, 02:26 PM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

LMAOOOOOO A ONE SAUCE?

BYEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEEE
Closed Thread

Tags
ai otsuka, love fantastic, love tricky, more more, re:name