[News] Ayu to perform at Music Station 19 September - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 19th September 2016, 06:46 PM
Daybreak Guardian

I loved the arrangements for evolution! I just watched the whole things and I'm so happy she delivered such good performances.
Old 19th September 2016, 07:15 PM
TO BE Initiate

I hate to say this but Ayu's performance cannot be compared with Hikki's in this instance. One was restrained and quietly powerful, the other one was ... well we've all seen the other one.

Also interesting how for a show with such ~mainstream appeal~ meant for the public who are clearly all idiots and only interested in ~MEGA~ hits, one chooses to perform something off her new album, and the other, songs that are over 10 years old
Old 19th September 2016, 07:24 PM
Because of You Initiate

I frankly don't get why people want to compare the two at all. They both have individual vocals, that sound nothing alike.
Old 19th September 2016, 07:27 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by js_surrealism View Post
I hate to say this but Ayu's performance cannot be compared with Hikki's in this instance. One was restrained and quietly powerful, the other one was ... well we've all seen the other one.

Also interesting how for a show with such ~mainstream appeal~ meant for the public who are clearly all idiots and only interested in ~MEGA~ hits, one chooses to perform something off her new album, and the other, songs that are over 10 years old
Sakura Nagashi is well-known, it was released almost 4 years ago, it did quite well in charts and was part of Evangelion's last movie ost. It's not a brand new song for japanese people.
Old 19th September 2016, 07:29 PM
TO BE Initiate

^You mean, just like about 80% of Ayu's discography?
Old 19th September 2016, 07:36 PM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayuinh.k? View Post
i wonder how many different colours of that a-nation 16 outfit she has LOL
She bought all the same outfit in the world with different colour, nobody else can have the same outfit but only her.

LOL

Put my mouth on the lyrics like CPR

Old 19th September 2016, 07:40 PM
appears Initiate

^
^
Sakura Nagashi was certified platinum for downloads, when was the last time Ayu got one of that for her new songs?
80% of Ayu discography were hits? Maybe in 2010, not in 2016.
Old 19th September 2016, 07:46 PM
End roll Initiate

I know I wanted M performed but the vocals weren't great. Evolution actually really worked though. I prefer the A Nation dress in black. And Ayu looks amazing. She looks like she did when Evolution was released!!
Old 19th September 2016, 07:49 PM
TO BE Initiate

Okay......so why not perform one of those other songs instead of SEASONS/M/Evolution?

I mean, look. If you want to play the "crowdpleasing" argument, then be consistent and recognise that Sakura Nagashi has got nothing in terms of public awareness compared to First Love or Can You Keep a Secret or Hikari.

If you want to play the "it sold xxxxx therefore its popular" card, then it's equally reasonable for a fan to want Ayu to perform something else apart from Seasons, M, and Evolution.

ALL I am saying is:
1. She still makes good new music - why not have the confidence to perform it?
2. Her current voice makes songs like SEASONS sound like shit (my opinion, obvs) - why not perform another one of her hits? It's not like I'm hoping she'd perform Ever Free -_-

I don't think that's an unreasonable expectation as a fan.
Old 19th September 2016, 07:50 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

M was shaky vocally, SEASONS and evolution were better.
Overall quite nice.
But I do think evolution doesn't fit in a music show, was a bit awkward to watch. Also all that dancers again and that breakdown with Ode to Joy...wonder why.

And btw. don't know, how she manages it, but even with those high heels she still looks short in that dress, lol.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 19th September 2016, 07:59 PM
appears Initiate

^
^
Do not compare Ayumi with other female artists if she doesn't fulfill your expectations as a fan. This post you just wrote is different from the first, here you are actually saying what you expect, why, etc. But the first post you wrote was conflictive. That's all.
Old 19th September 2016, 08:21 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:

Hikki has sounded really bad while being restrained and quiet before. Even because this is the rote she usually takes while performing ballads.

I just said they both are singing better than their history as live singers makes me expect, this isn't even comparing both to each other.

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Last edited by Andrenekoi; 19th September 2016 at 09:36 PM.
Old 19th September 2016, 08:31 PM
Depend on you Initiate

I was positively surprised with SEASONS. I liked the way she sang it, she sounded confident, not fragile.
I like fragile too, I just find it very interesting that her voice and singing technique has changed so much during the years.

People are not memories that you can put into words. They live holding onto their feelings.

Old 19th September 2016, 08:41 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:

ALL I am saying is:
1. She still makes good new music - why not have the confidence to perform it?
There's nothing to do with confidence. Performances are not only used to help artists promote their releases, but they are mostly used by TV channels to drag viewers (and that's exactly the point in special episodes where singers only perform their biggest hits). In the end, it's all about how any people are watching the show and how much money the channel is making. "FLOWER" on Music Station was an exception.

Ayu doesn't sell that much nowadays, so people are not interested in watching performances of unknown songs, therefore the channel is not going to allow her to sing whichever song she wants. That's why she mostly appears on TV on special occasions because there's the opportunity for her to sing her same old songs. I'm sorry but, as a fan, you should have accepted long ago that Ayu is not going to be promoted/promote herself as she used to back in 2009.
Old 19th September 2016, 09:07 PM
ayu-mi-x II Initiate

Loved the performances and so glad she didn't only get a 2:30 part

tumblr

Old 19th September 2016, 09:30 PM
Initiate

The performance was really good!! It's undeniable that she sounded shaky during M chorus but SEASONS and evolution were amazing. I hadn't enjoyed a performance of evolution in years but I love this one and specially the classical music before the bridge.

Please stop complaining about Ayu always singing the same songs. These specials are made for artists to perform their hits and songs that are popular for all audiences. If you wanna watch other stuff you have her concerts (Arena, CDL, TA, a-nation) where she always changes the setlist. Seiko Matsuda has released more than 50 albums and she always performs Akai Sweet Pea or Anata ni Aitakute on TV and the first one is 33 years old...
Old 19th September 2016, 09:32 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Anyone has the talk parts as download link?

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 19th September 2016, 09:34 PM
WHATEVER Initiate

I think Ayu And Hikki both did well and delivered really authentic performances. I also think it is useless to compare them because they both had success in the same decade.
Old 19th September 2016, 09:53 PM
SURREAL Initiate

Decent performance, nice costume. That's all.
Old 19th September 2016, 09:57 PM
still alone Initiate

I wasn't able to see Ayu or Utada because of the time difference sadly.
But I was able to watch most of the beginning of the show. I was happy when they showed Seiko Matsuda performing Akai Sweet Pea. I also remember them showing Glay a little bit.
After seeing both Ayu and Utada perform, I think they both were awesome.
I think Ayu was mostly consistent vocally, a few dips here and there but I think she did well. I think it will have a positive impact on her career and image.
She looked great too. The white dress is my favorite.
If I had to criticize something, it would be the evolution portion. I thought the violin thing was awkward as well as the random classical music breakdown/interlude. The dancers weren't really needed either, it would have been nice if Ayu was the one star of the show. The kanariya make up was also strange to me. Why was it used? Ayu always wants to ignore everything kanariya related but randomly it appears now? Not a bad thing but has me wondering.
I wish Utada could have been there in person so they could be reunited.

Tags
music station, tv show