[A] Rock'n'Roll Circus Tour FINAL ~7days Special~ thoughts? - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 21st April 2011, 05:30 PM
BALLAD Initiate

I had finish watching my blu ray this morning, and gosh... I can't stop crying, I really love this concert. It's feels so different to actually own a concert that I had been to, and it's one of the best concert.
Her vocals are really good in them, I had recorded the vocals when I was there, but the edited vocals in the disc is killing my tears. I hope someone can rip the vocals out. I need to put them on my itouch!!!

Now, I'm left with the mc discs to watch, I wanna see ayu's dogs again!!! She brought them on stage on 16th may, it better be in the MC

My Instagram

Last edited by LacusClyne; 21st April 2011 at 05:33 PM.
Old 21st April 2011, 05:46 PM
GAME Initiate

I only watched Microphone, count down , BALLAD and Last angel. For the rest, I'll watch them when I get to buy my own DVD.

From what I watched, I love all of them and I think this is the best Ayu's tour ever ! (okay, i had never watched AT05 which everyone said it's the best concert ever )

Facebook
Twitter
Blogspot
Tumblr
Weibo

Old 21st April 2011, 06:21 PM
End of the World Initiate

Wow, very impressed, I don't like the tracklist much for this tour but I was still very impressed.

I though the second half (post-Virgin Road) was a lot better than the first half with all the angry-rock, which eh... I just don't like the songs much and was a bit bored. Save for memorial address, that song can do no wrong. Gomi was FLAWLESS. He really carried the segments he did. I think Gomi Circus Tour might have been a better title, really carried by her ensemble was the second half.

I liked how this tour was less shu-ya centric, but I was still really let down by the ballad section - it was nice to see a different story but it was still full of flailing and reaching and Ayu pulling that awful "I'm sad D:" face. The Romeo and Juliet sort of thing at the end was different, I probably would have been more shocked if I wasn't expecting it. Visually I think she'll always act these segments terribly, but her fake crying in BALLAD was very good and believable. I really liked MOON though, and Virgin Road - it was just Ayu singing, and it was very emotional. I liked GREEN at PCDL (?) more though, where Maro and Midori (?) did a dance and Ayu wasn't part of the story, I think these section work best when Ayu is separate to her dancers.

I loved how she was smiling in Virgin Road and later~ really nice after the complaints I had with the first half of the concert. The use of the M visuals for VR was perfect, I loved the screen they used too. Really powerful song, and perfectly executed. This overall, really reminded me of a theatre show more than a concert, which has it's pros and cons. I still have the same complaints I've had since the glorious 2005 MY STORY tour - she's lost in a mess of dancers and the same structure still.

Is this a bad concert? No. I just don't think it's the best like everyone else is saying, it's definitely better than AT08 which was a mess, and the past few CDL's, and the stage is the best she's ever had - a nice combination of the AT07 style one and the changes she made for NL.

No complaints about her vocals, save for Last Angel where she could have sang a bit more. I was really surprised when her voice came out higher for memorial address!!! Would have liked to have heard that a bit more, she seems to be comfortable with her new singing voice now though, which is really nice. I think I was a bit let down as she's improved since (i.e. in the Love Songs tv lives), but that's not a complaint as there was amazing improvement in this tour from her previous ones. I also liked how she seems to have dropped the lipsync for the more Kuu style, "hey, I'm just playing playback and not even pretending to sing it", like she did in Last Angel and I think she did it in another song too. I think that's better than her trying to sing it or doing obvious lipsync, especially as Last Angel was the vocal lowpoint (sadly, as I love the Love Songs' tracks more than the RnRC ones).

I guess I'd like this a lot lot lot more if I was more emotionally attached to the songs she chose for this tour, as if I'm not fond of the music, I'm not going to love the concert as much. I enjoyed the songs - except countdown, there's a reason I can't remember how it goes - even if they're not my favourites. But I think the credit for that goes to Gomi, not Ayu.

I'd rank it as an 8/10~ So really great, really fun (in the second half), but it's not beaten AT05~

Last edited by relmy; 21st April 2011 at 06:32 PM.
Old 21st April 2011, 06:22 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Flawless. The most epic concert I've seen and heard in some years. Ayu is a rock girl at heart and this image just suits her the best. Everything from set list, her costumes, the performances and vocals was perfect. I'd say my faves are Microphone, count down, BALLAD, Because of you, Sexy little things, Lady Dynamite etc. The only thing that's missing is alterna =D

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 21st April 2011 at 06:24 PM.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:06 PM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Overall, this is probably her top concert tour for me now. She really did outdo herself this time and 5 years after AT05, she's outdone herself in this concert for the 2nd time. She was seriously performing at 110% for the entire concert! I want to watch this over and over and over and over again in HD. I wonder if she'll keep the momentum going for this year's POWER of MUSIC tour~?
So you would say the Blu-ray is definitely worth it?

I wasn't going to get this concert, but since it's Blu-ray I can read it in my PS3, makes things 10 times easier since I can only read Ayu's DVDs on my computer... Computer = 23inch screen. Blu-ray = 50inch screen.

LOL
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 21st April 2011, 07:26 PM
Love song H-Initiate

SEASONS / YOU / Key (!!!)
Old 21st April 2011, 07:30 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Should've actually happened.

And OF COURSE the Blu-ray is worth it. This tour was MADE to be watched in high definition.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:48 PM
GREEN Initiate

I cant wait to watch it when my blu ray comes, but im downloading it now so i can watch the epicness!!
Old 21st April 2011, 07:51 PM
Dolls Initiate

I'm still biting myself why she couldn't keep alterna (eg after Last angel or move after about you), those additional 5 minutes wouldn't hurt

Key would definitely be nice to hear.
Old 21st April 2011, 07:55 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Quote:
Originally Posted by alternarist View Post
I agree too! Every dancer had their moments!

Now i get the story for BALLAD.
Spoiler:
If i am not wrong, Shuya loves Midori, Midori loves Maro and Maro loves ayu. So when Midori saw Maro leaving with ayu, she killed herself. and the person who loves her (Shuya) saw his lover is dead, he killed himself as well. VERY DRAMA.

The concert i went to had Shuya and Midori lifted in the air at the end of BALLAD (somewhat like rainy day AT2006). It was really gorgeous! like Shuya and Midori went up to "heaven". Guess they removed this part.
^You should probably spoiler this so people who haven't seen it don't get the story ruined for them...

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ

Last edited by ownsarai; 21st April 2011 at 08:00 PM.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:15 PM
Liar Initiate

This is probably one of her best concerts ever (this coming from someone who's been bored by her stuff for the past 2 years). I cannot even believe how much she went back to being awesome....I mean after the crap that was the NL tour, it'd be quite easy to improve, but this final show blew me away. And I don't even like most of the RnRC songs.
Old 21st April 2011, 08:30 PM
Dolls Initiate

I just had to

Spoiler:

She's so much into the show, esp during About you
Old 21st April 2011, 09:02 PM
No way to say Initiate

Does the P on the whiteboard mean PECO? Would have liked to see PECO doing the Robot moves in the Circus intro.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:11 PM
GREEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post

SEASONS / YOU / Key (!!!)
When did she sing these?? and how come they are not on the DVD?
Old 21st April 2011, 09:19 PM
No way to say Initiate

They didn't make it past rehearsals. I wonder if they had planned to alternate between songs on different nights or if it was some sort of medley.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:22 PM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExodusUK View Post
Does the P on the whiteboard mean PECO? Would have liked to see PECO doing the Robot moves in the Circus intro.
probably she did the choreography
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:14 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Really, this is one of her best shows ever.
Awesome vocals in almost every song, perfect stage, coreography, screens, everything was flawless. (I'm talking about DVD1, because I haven't downloaded the second yet)
And it's been a while since I saw Ayu so happy during a show! She was so hyper and emotional throughout the whole thing, it was so beautiful.
And I must say... COUNTDOWN GOES STRAIGHT TO ONE OF HER BEST PERFORMANCES YET.
Old 22nd April 2011, 02:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
probably she did the choreography
Yeah.

You see labels for Shu(ya), Ma(ro), Su(baru), and Kayano(cchi) on the board as well.
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:06 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah.

You see labels for Shu(ya), Ma(ro), Su(baru), and Kayano(cchi) on the board as well.
Wow, so Shuya choreographed BALLAD? Kudos to him!

I just finished the concert, and WOW! It was absolutely amazing! I liked the first half better than the second, but the second half was necessary and powerful (in its own way) after the intensity of the first half. I normally don't like concerts where it's all about the dancers and the band is pushed to the background, but her dancers did SO WELL during every moment of this concert; it felt like they were actually integrated into the show, instead of just being present to be shoved down our throats. I think part of it has to do with how different dancers had leads throughout the concert. Everyone, from the dancers to the band was on point the entire time, and Ayu was fantastic! Her vocals were wonderful the whole way through!

Standout performances for me were BALLAD and countdown.

Last edited by *hearT_Place*; 22nd April 2011 at 03:10 AM.
Old 22nd April 2011, 03:26 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ownsarai View Post
^You should probably spoiler this so people who haven't seen it don't get the story ruined for them...
oops! sorry!! i put them into spoilers already! thanks for reminding!

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 7 days special, arena tour 2010, rock'n'roll circus