ayumi hamasaki ASIA TOUR ~24th Anniversary special @PIA ARENA MM~ - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 12th April 2022, 06:31 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I just finnised watching it.
One thing that surprised me so much is to hear "crossroad" in the show.
Even it was just an excerpt in ayu-mi-x Mega-Mix 2022 session.
I love this song so much. Can't believe it has never been sung in any tour.
Old 12th April 2022, 01:10 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Katsuyuki012 View Post

It's obviously Ayu doing the routine (and very well at that, IMO). The reason why they filmed it at such a distance is in order to make sure that no one notices anything in case she lip synchs the wrong words. In short, the vocals for that performance were pre-recorded.
I'm quite sure the DVD will have lots of close ups/closer shots. I really enjoyed the performance.
Yep I ate my words after I saw all the nice close-up photography
Your explanation about lip synching makes sense!
Will be great to see the closer shots in the edited version
Old 12th April 2022, 09:17 PM
Depend on you Initiate

Just finished watching the show, and it's mixed feelings for me.. I think the fact that the audience is not allowed to cheer / sing along makes the whole thing slightly awkward/painful to watch tbh, for me anyway.
Setlist was nice and Ayu managed to sing throughout without too many issues, which is really great to see!!
Her face does bother me now though I don't know what she did to those cheeks but on some angles it's actually hard to recognize her (and those new shots for the single are worse...)

The new song does sound epic, and I can't wait for the new album as well!!
Old 14th April 2022, 06:34 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Toniayu123 View Post
That would make a great album cover tbh
Or DVD. See how she'll choose something ugly instead of that
Old 14th April 2022, 01:59 PM
Born To Be... Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lyssayu View Post
Just finished watching the show, and it's mixed feelings for me.. I think the fact that the audience is not allowed to cheer / sing along makes the whole thing slightly awkward/painful to watch tbh, for me anyway.
Setlist was nice and Ayu managed to sing throughout without too many issues, which is really great to see!!
Her face does bother me now though I don't know what she did to those cheeks but on some angles it's actually hard to recognize her (and those new shots for the single are worse...)

The new song does sound epic, and I can't wait for the new album as well!!

Is this true? Why?

And btw, yay for new song (Nonfiction is growing slowly on me), album, tour, activity! Saw some great shots from the show on Instagram. The 1LOVE section is classic badass Ayu. Amazing!

Old 14th April 2022, 03:08 PM
NEVER EVER Initiate

^ Covid restrictions. They're not supposed to scream or sing in order to lower the risk of infection.

Old 15th April 2022, 07:00 AM
Dolls Initiate

There's 11GB good quality version on JPS, gonna rewatch and see how it changes things.

I listened through first power songs and they sound powerful so it was just the audio on the first rip, I'm glad it was just that, I'm actually eager to make mp3 rip of the whole concert now and listen on the way to work. Can't wait for "from your letter"

However, "don't leave me alone" is beyond saving.

Last edited by SKYia; 15th April 2022 at 10:57 AM.
Old 17th April 2022, 09:25 AM
Love song H-Initiate

Old 17th April 2022, 10:05 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
She looks like Jimin from AOA here
Old 18th April 2022, 03:17 AM
Boys & Girls Initiate

After watch her 24th anniv show, which i won't comment anymore on her voice and lack of live band, but i must say: i really love the current ayu!

Her recent live really catched the reason why we all love PCDL: something new, something old, something hit, and something rare!

Her 24th anniv show this time is similar to PoA3 or BEST of CDL, but with the feel of PCDL too. I enjoy the show so much because she did it with style and in more mature way.

And for the best moment, i would say is "SCAR" performance. The way she recreate with similar hat from PCDL/NL tour, with PCDL similar music arrangement, is like a bold statement from her: PCDL is also one of my best!

The 2nd best moment i would say is "(don't) Leave me alone". The performance is simple, but if you notice, the dress she wear, the dance move, and the dancer's dress, the whole thing she want to do is to recreate the song's PV scene, with the style she did it in asia tour 08.

I love "Party queen" and "poker face" performance too. I love the way she did nothing much, but sing/stand/pose/walk like a fashion queen.

And her 24th anniv show used almost half of tracks from her debut album (7 out of 16), i think the use of "Present" is smart. The piano music box version, matched with her past live clips, is haunted.

One of the highlight from the show, for me, is when the vocalist and dancers wear the official t-shirt from her past tour/cdl/special live during the encore. My eyes keep counting them!

The only complaint for me abt the show is, "from your letter" should be a standalone performance. Mixing in between "too late" and "Hana" is useless.

After all, i must say, the release of her 24th anniv show dvd together with CDL 21/22 is really good. It can show nowadays she really manage to put on different show even on the same stage!
Old 27th April 2022, 04:26 AM
As if.. Initiate

Not sure where I can share this thought since it is about the Asia tour, ayu posted on ig explaining about the Asia tour in other countries based on ig translation.

When she announced, there were talks that it will be in China only. And I didn’t have any hope that it will happen in Singapore.

But look at now, Things are back to normal for Singapore with measure easing up while China are doing zero covid measures. Hoping that Ayu will come to Singapore!

Tags
23rd monster, 24th anniversary, asia tour, asia tour 2021-2022