New singles crossroad 9/22 and 「L」 9/29 2nd & 3rd parts of 3 single project [II] - Page 8 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 10th August 2010, 07:35 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Picaflor 7/4 View Post
Actually, I would really like this. Didn't team ayu members get an acapella pack of A best? what it sounds like before and after mixing? If she released stuff like unreleased songs, demos, mess ups (which would be funny), and alternate compositions, I'd definitely buy the album. Someone said a while ago that she comes to them with an idea for a song and some lyrics, and they give her a bunch of compositions to choose from. I would love to hear some of the ones she decided to not use. I think it would make for a pretty awesome album.
No what it was, was like the chorus of most of the songs that were on a best but before each one she did a spoken word of the chorus.
Old 10th August 2010, 07:36 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I still don't understand what gives a legitimate for people to think she even wants to retire anytime soon?
I don't know I guess some people think 50th single = time to retire? Anyone who pays attention to what ayu says about how much music and singing mean to her would know that retirement is far, far off. The girl is obsessed with her work and fans.
Old 10th August 2010, 07:46 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Well, the title "crossroad" seems to be a title copy from YUI's song "crossroad", part of the single LIFE, which Ayu copied that title (though it's "Life") for Mirrorcle World B-side. Don't know why...

(YUI is also based out of Fukuoka, along with Ayu, and never in the history of her career she has used Japanese hiragana/kanji in her song titles, along with Ayu (except for "Sotsgyou Shashin" cover, made by Yumi Arai)...)
Old 10th August 2010, 07:54 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
I still don't understand what gives a legitimate for people to think she even wants to retire anytime soon?
she is tired and you can tell. no, not just physical fatigue but emotional and creative exhaustion as well. the only reason she's going on is for all the people that've become dependent on her. she's not doing this for herself.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:02 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ When it comes to the things she writes about I could agree that she is running out of ideas, as too many (but not all) of the latest singles were just plain love songs and it's been like that for a while, the album tracks were refreshing, but there was nothing that really stood out for me, lyrically. I think that she just needs to start finding inspiration in new things.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bigtop View Post
Well, the title "crossroad" seems to be a title copy from YUI's song "crossroad", part of the single LIFE, which Ayu copied that title (though it's "Life") for Mirrorcle World B-side. Don't know why...
You're a pure genius! And I didn't know someone with YUI's English skills could actually ADD some NEW words to the English language that became so extremely popular. Could it be that YUI is a Britney fan girl and that she loved the movie Crossroads?

Let's see what Wiki says about crossroad in Music:

Quote:
* "Cross Road Blues", a blues song by Robert Johnson
* Crossroads (album) by Tracy Chapman

* Crossroads, the first single from the above album

* Cross Road, a 1994 compilation album by Bon Jovi
* Crossroads (box set) by Eric Clapton or its sequel, Crossroads 2: Live in the Seventies (box set)
* Crossroads Guitar Festival, a three-day blues and rock concert arranged by Eric Clapton
* "Tha Crossroads", a Grammy Award winning single by Bone Thugs-n-Harmony
o "Crossroads", a 2002 UK number one single from Blazin' Squad based on the above
* Crossroads (Don McLean song), from the album American Pie
* Crossroads (LL Cool song), from the album 14 Shots to the Dome
* "Crossroads (Avenged Sevenfold song), a single b-side by Avenged Sevenfold
* Crossroads (Sylver album), a 2006 album by Belgian band Sylver
As for LIFE, you really have to be dumb to even think that YUI was the first one ever to name a song that way. There are so many LIFE(s) in jpop that I don't even know where to start ^^ Why would someone like Ayu "copy" or imitate someone like YUI when there are so many famous people to copy~

Why do people constantly have to post nonsense about song titles and copying. It's not as if YUI titled song Goodbye my hair ~ LIFE is NOT COOL ~ and then someone else gave their own song exactly the same title. We're talking about very common words here. Do you realize how stupid it seems to even suggest something like that?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 10th August 2010 at 08:07 AM.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:07 AM
monochrome Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
^ When it comes to the things she writes about I could agree that she is running out of ideas, as too many (but not all) of the latest singles were just plain love songs and it's been like that for a while, the album tracks were refreshing, but there was nothing that really stood out for me, lyrically. I think that she just needs to start finding inspiration in new things.
I keep thinking about what she said in that one interview (can't remember the exact time, around RAINBOW, maybe) that she was angsty that if she'd go on continuing this way of life that she would someday be forced to create something out of nothing. I think she's arrived there and tries to hold up as good as she can.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:27 AM
And Then Initiate

@njanjayrp
Utada said she wanted to retire early but save that for another topic. Don't you think any singer love what they do? It is just my thoughts. You said probably. That means you aren't sure either and you shouldn't be, anyway.

One more studio album and a last BEST album is my prediction.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:35 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by microphone View Post
Nothing is certain, she can get hit by a car or go completely deaf. Your prediction is based on pure guessing If you've ever read a word Ayu has said about her career you'd know better.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th August 2010, 08:36 AM
And Then Initiate

I did say prediction, didn't I?
Old 10th August 2010, 08:36 AM

Quote:
Don't you think any singer love what they do?
Yeah, but ayu goes to the extreme to say she is nothing without music/singing. Since she seems to be so emotionally attached to music/singing I don't see her giving up on it so soon.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:43 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
@njanjayrp
Utada said she wanted to retire early but save that for another topic. Don't you think any singer love what they do? It is just my thoughts. You said probably. That means you aren't sure either and you shouldn't be, anyway.

where is your prediction coming from? There's not a single thing indicating that she wants to retire. I think you're just stupid :l

Old 10th August 2010, 08:43 AM
And Then Initiate

Ayumi works more than any other singer but it doesn't mean she is more devoted than them. Some singers choose to compose and arrange themselves. Some singers want to take time off to find new inspiration. You can't see that other singers are emotionally attached to their work?

Last edited by microphone; 10th August 2010 at 08:49 AM.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:48 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
where is your prediction coming from? There's not a single thing indicating that she wants to retire. I think you're just stupid :l
Leave the insults out. Grow up.
She is over-worked and tired. I don't know any other singer who does as much as her. Her voice is damaged. I can't see her going on for much longer. Believe me, I want her to sing for 30 more years but this is just the matter of fact. The release schedule is a little odd at this time. I really think avex is preparing for her grand finale.
Old 10th August 2010, 08:56 AM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Leave the insults out. Grow up.
She is over-worked and tired. I don't know any other singer who does as much as her. Her voice is damaged. I can't see her going on for much longer. Believe me, I want her to sing for 30 more years but this is just the matter of fact. The release schedule is a little odd at this time. I really think avex is preparing for her grand finale.
The project was announced AS a project, the release schedule makes a little more sense if you take that into consideration. Plenty of singers work just as hard as she does. There are people who release way more than she does (Koda Kumi anyone?), and even western artists work just as hard (always touring and recording as well, even if their release schedules are different). Ten years in the business is amazing, but seriously? People have had longer careers than that. Maybe she'll slow down a bit, but retire? Come on now. You're pulling stuff out of your ass and have no factual basis to fall back on.

Old 10th August 2010, 08:57 AM
Initiate

Evryone have their own opinion and we should respect them, but i donīt think Ayu will retire soon (No, please!)
Old 10th August 2010, 08:59 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Ayumi works more than any other singer but it doesn't mean she is more devoted than them. Some singers choose to compose and arrange themselves. Some singers want to take time off to find new inspiration. You can't see that other singers are emotionally attached to their work?
She explained why she isn't composing more, you do know she only has basic music knowledge and at times she doesn't think that her compositions will satisfy the listener and that's better than blindly thinking everything you create is the best. No one said others aren't attached to their work in fact no one has even mentioned others and compared them to Ayu.

But the thing is that you can't say that she is over-worked or tired as she has never said she is and please don't pretend to know how she feels like those people who constantly say BoA is not happy.

Did you by any chance think Kumi was retiring when she had the 12 singles project just because she was releasing at a faster pace than usual? Do you know that Matsuda Seiko and Matsutoya Yumi still haven't retired, Seiko still releases singles and albums and has concerts.

But oh well, time will prove you wrong

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th August 2010, 09:00 AM

Quote:
I'm not saying other singers aren't. I'm just saying Ayu makes it so obvious how much singing means to her, it would be extremely odd/shocking to me if she decided to retire anytime soon.

Quote:
Her voice is damaged. I can't see her going on for much longer.
Not meaning to sound rude though I probably will anyway, but having a damaged/bad voice has never stopped her from releasing music before.

Last edited by love in music; 10th August 2010 at 09:05 AM.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:05 AM
BEST Initiate

Since when does celebrating a 50th single with extra fast releases warrant the discussion over a retirement? It is what it is. Celebrating a 50th single.
Old 10th August 2010, 09:07 AM
And Then Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
The project was announced AS a project, the release schedule makes a little more sense if you take that into consideration. Plenty of singers work just as hard as she does. There are people who release way more than she does (Koda Kumi anyone?), and even western artists work just as hard (always touring and recording as well, even if their release schedules are different). Ten years in the business is amazing, but seriously? People have had longer careers than that. Maybe she'll slow down a bit, but retire? Come on now. You're pulling stuff out of your ass and have no factual basis to fall back on.
Perhaps, but a new single after a week is special. Especially this late in her career. It is more than 10 years, by the way.
Koda Kumi does not tour as much as Ayumi. Western artists take a lot of time off. They could be reinventing their image, or reconsidering their career, or finding new inspiration somewhere. Whatever it is, they take a lot of time off. Touring is not too frequent, actually. You should know this already.

I can not give you any factual support because it is simply a prediction. Learn the word prediction, both you and njanjayrp. You can not give me any factual support for your own belief either. Try it! You will look like a hypocrite and foolish.
You sensitive fans are over-reacting to my words!
Old 10th August 2010, 09:23 AM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ it's alright. You can think what you want, I just think that your prediction makes no sense

Follow me @njanjayrp

Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, ayu, ayumi hamasaki, crossroad, hamasaki ayumi, l 3a, single