[Koda Kumi] Get into Kumi's 🤍heart🤍 in her 208th thread - Page 17 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Artists & Bands

Notices

Old 18th January 2023, 01:10 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sim' View Post
Wait, now I'm really confused, I thought being part of the fanclub was enough to secure tickets to her tour (see my question on the previous page), now we need to be in Japan way before the concert to pay at Lawson?

Now that's very disappointing...
Why can't global members use LivePocket like TeamAyu, so that we can pay for tickets online instead of a store in Japan? I was planning to join the fanclub just for the tickets...

Sorry to say, but FC lotteries are already over.
As some of the dates are marked as sold out already for the regular preorder lottery right now, we most probably won't get 2nd rounds. :/

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 18th January 2023, 01:46 PM
Initiate

Just listened to the EP and it's very nice !!
I'm really in love with Trigger and It's K Magic ! Love the interlude too.
Wings is nice, especially with the PV !
But the others two songs are pretty dull in my opinion, easily forgettable
Old 18th January 2023, 01:57 PM
from your letter Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by voltron View Post
^ Global FC members do use LivePocket. I won for April 9 and it just charged the card/paypal I had on file automatically.
How did you do that? That option didn't show up to me and I have until friday to pay
Old 18th January 2023, 02:29 PM
SCAR Initiate

Quote:
^ Global FC members do use LivePocket. I won for April 9 and it just charged the card/paypal I had on file automatically.
Ok thanks a lot for clarifying, got scared for a moment...

Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 2 ~sacrifice~ @ Chiba [2017/11/21]
Just the beginning -20- TOUR 2017 - Chapter 3 @ Nara [2017/12/03]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/06]
21st anniversary ~POWER of A^3~ @ Saitama [2019/04/07]
MUSIC for LIFE ~return~ @ mu-mo LIVE digital streaming [2021/07/01]
Old 18th January 2023, 03:49 PM
BEST Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
How did you do that? That option didn't show up to me and I have until friday to pay
You entered through the Global FC lottery on LivePocket, right (it is separate from the Japanese FC lottery)? It makes you provide payment info upfront, so it just auto-charged my card on file.
Old 18th January 2023, 05:31 PM

Quote:
You entered through the Global FC lottery on LivePocket, right (it is separate from the Japanese FC lottery)? It makes you provide payment info upfront, so it just auto-charged my card on file.
Damn. Since I didn't receive any emails from the lottery (I suppose I entered the FC after the emails were sent) I searched on the official site for the lottery news and entered on a platform called Y-Tickets. Then I suppose I tried for the Japanese FC Lottery... even though I was using my global registration number for it.
Old 18th January 2023, 06:52 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jyujiw View Post
Damn. Since I didn't receive any emails from the lottery (I suppose I entered the FC after the emails were sent) I searched on the official site for the lottery news and entered on a platform called Y-Tickets. Then I suppose I tried for the Japanese FC Lottery... even though I was using my global registration number for it.
Just cleared my messages and sent you one, in case you need some help!

instagram | last.fm | tumblr | jpop tumblr | twitter | peeproom | goodreads

Old 19th January 2023, 12:58 PM

Wings falls to 24 on oricon chart today and 3rd sale is 1900+. I understand the era has changed but it is really hard to admit that her sale has declined this much. Her rank today is lower than many albums released before or many years ago. I hope she can have another hit song, Wings (song) seems to have that potential but it doesn't happen
Old 19th January 2023, 02:40 PM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

WINGS EP definitely deserved so much more

It's the same thing with heart . I really like the album but for it to stay on Oricon less than a month , that's beyond awful

Solo artistes in Japan cannot sell well physically anymore but both Ayu & Kuu still continue to do successful tours so all hope's not lost

Come the day if Kuu do a tour or concert & if nobody show up to support her , I will be more worried

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 20th January 2023, 01:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Nowadays her sales are basically preorders from her fanbase, casual listeners won't buy those anymore. Trust Last may behave differently cause of the tie-in tho but I don't think it'll pass onto her following releases. And I agree WINGS had more potential but in my point of view they wasted it with the odd timing regarding the title track... I mean, the short ver came out on YT July 1st, and just now we got a full video which is having less views than Sure shot (which had no tie-in at all). I get that she is doing what she likes with waaay less pressure than before, and probably she won't get back to that anymore, but still it seems like a waste of opportunities which didn't require much from her :/

This aside, I agree with Karen that touring is what matters in the end. She also has huge hits which give her money through karaoke and streaming services, so there must be a balanced income which does not depend on CDs phyiscal sales anymore. Guess that's why her releases always have those cool FC versions now, since the general public doesnt care anymore she is doing these basically for her fanbase.

Old 20th January 2023, 02:22 PM

Yes it felt a bit too late to release WINGS physically especially since Wings was released digitally last Aug

I guess Kuu only managed to make the PVs for both Wings & Trigger after she finished doing overseas touring

If that didn't happen , WINGS could have been released almost end of last year in time for Christmas

As for the fanclub version issue , I realised that became a lot more prominent after the COVID-19 pandemic started

It's not just Kuu , that also apply to BREAKERZ as well

Anyway I'm surprised avex release the full PVs for both Wings & Trigger on YouTube , I didn't expect that O_o

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

Old 20th January 2023, 02:47 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Since they started uploading her MVs for her 20th anniv on YT all music videos have been there in full as well iirc so it doesn't surprise me. Last era with those awful short versions was re(CORD), I guess they finally got over it lol

Old 21st January 2023, 10:54 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Not only really interesting, especially for people not following her much, but also great promo:

Also, the long great interview about the mini and the tour wasn't shared here yet as well:
https://rhythmzone.net/koda/discogra...iew_202301.php

Really interesting as well, like Heaven Tonight is about a friend she lost last year and she had more songs she wanted to put on the mini, but then she would have too much songs to sing at the tour.
So basically the tour will consist of songs of the three minis as well as heart and probably some old songs in between.

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Last edited by Corvina; 21st January 2023 at 11:39 AM.
Old 23rd January 2023, 11:40 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

It's so touching how the Switch connected her to her son, and I feel so warm inside when she talks about it cause during the "lockdown" times it also brought me and my husband closer together. He was never into games and stuff, but the Switch looked fun to
him (especially Animal Crossing) and he finally gave it a try in 2020.

About the tour, I'm so ready for all monsteR songs to be performed, Killer monsteR and WORK IT! have so much potention for amazing performances. I can also picture Trigger having great moments, the hand-ography pre-chorus from the video is promising!

Old 23rd January 2023, 07:10 PM
Dolls Initiate

I was so confused about WINGS, I was sure it's just a double single at first, I was expecting instrumentals etc. I added Change my future to the forder and I can't how good both Wings and CMF are, I usually have those two on repeat. Hello Yesterday is so-so so far so I always got back to W/CMF but at some point I listened to it on loop and It's ''K'' magic despite starting horribly is pretty good after few moments. Need to listen to Trigger some more, I like it but the other three get me going for now. I need to use the time left before Ayu's album appears.
Old 23rd January 2023, 08:26 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Speaking of Change my future, avex released a movie PV for it:

「変わらないなら 変えるしかない」

Old 24th January 2023, 10:13 AM

WINGS EP 1st week position/sales - #10 ; 4,340

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8232032287

Old 25th January 2023, 04:47 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by KarenPang View Post
WINGS EP 1st week position/sales - #10 ; 4,340

https://tieba.baidu.com/p/8232032287
If considering Wings as a double A-side single, this would not be bad
Old 26th January 2023, 04:51 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by abestfah View Post
If considering Wings as a double A-side single, this would not be bad
LE SSERAFIM just debuted with their single in Japan. 130k first day lol. The Power of either KPop or Sakura is madness.
Old 27th January 2023, 03:07 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
LE SSERAFIM just debuted with their single in Japan. 130k first day lol. The Power of either KPop or Sakura is madness.
I feel sorry to see any stats with Wings such as just 164 times download or less than 5000+ copies in the first week when I really like Wings (EP). It is her first work in years that I can say I am obsessed. Ayu sale is even way better than hers.

Every time I see her performance on chart, I will always be wondering if there was no that controversy or taking a break by pregnancy during Japonesque, would her popularity be more than now or even close to Second session - Black Cherry? She was quite solid then.