Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ information and covers [IV] - Page 6 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2009, 01:47 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Well we who don't like it can ignore the positive feedback. Like i said everyone can agree to disagree and be entitled to their own opinions.
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with reading your posts, haha.

Quote:
The theme of this single is summer, and regardless of whether she looks good or not, they definitely fit that. So avex, ayu, and whoever designs the covers have accomplished their goal. Good for them!
Works for me, haha.

Quote:

But really, in your opinion, what's so good about it?
What's good about it? For me, there's nothing that's really so bad about it. And that is what I feel is 'good' about it. While Kazuyoshi, possibly one of the worst photographers in the history of forever [doing it to spite us!] did the photography, I can't deny that Ayu still looks nice in it and the setting is rather pretty. That's about it.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:49 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

How many people complained about glitter/fated being photoshopped? Huh? A lot! I'm satisfied with the covers! I don't think there were a lot of people satisfied with t2m either. So people... Just chill out!

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 18th July 2009, 01:51 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by HONEY_INSPIRE_ME19 View Post
How many people complained about glitter/fated being photoshopped? Huh? A lot! I'm satisfied with the covers! I don't think there were a lot of people satisfied with t2m either. So people... Just chill out!
g/f of course did look photoshopped, but it looked professional. This doesn't. It looks like a freshman's first project in design class.
de tu puño y letra
Old 18th July 2009, 01:51 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

^totally agree with you. tbh I dun see glitter/fated covers connected to the songs (well they sort of, but not much), and it's overphotoshopped. Like you say it looks professional to a certain degree. I forgot who said it, but I assume anyone can just bring a cellphone and take a picture of ayu at the beach. I'm pretty sure the picture we take will be on par w/ sunrise/set covers.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TeddyGrahams View Post
Wow, these covers are great. Haha, didn't the Rule/Sparkle and Next Level covers made much more distress in the community?

I think Ayu looks hot, so different but still wow so hot.
I'm not sure about R/S, but I think while some people may not like the colors/hair/the tvs on NEXT LEVEL covers, at least we agree that it matches the theme and the covers did bring out the concept of the album.

And these (sunrise/set) covers. They are just plain candies.

Last edited by bluegie; 18th July 2009 at 01:54 AM.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:52 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Yeah, I'm pretty much done with reading your posts, haha.
Don't get defensive when i'm trying to be reasonable. We can just stop. i thought I was being mature by saying we could agree to disagree.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:52 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
And these (sunrise/set) covers. They are just plain candies.
I'd say they have at least a ~light/lite~ flavor to them.

Plain would be Ayu's first 5-6 CD covers.

It's very sad how obvious a person's true character comes out when some CD covers aren't to their liking.. rather funny imo.

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th July 2009 at 01:55 AM.
Old 18th July 2009, 01:53 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

God she looks like a lost dear... Bambi!
Old 18th July 2009, 01:54 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I'm not really bothered either way. She looks good, no one can tell how photoshopped it is or isn't (picture resolution is too small). No matter what, the single is still going to be purchased by many. If the cover isn't your favorite, no biggie. It's definitely nowhere near as awful as people are making it sound. She looks good and fit, and I doubt the tan to be fake (she was actually in Bali at the beach, remember?).
Old 18th July 2009, 01:55 AM
ayu trance Initiate

I love the covers, looking hot and summery thought i dont get all "I dont like it" it happens every cover she releases, everyone want and cant wait for her covers then when it comes, the nit-picking starts , I love them anyway morely the cd+dvd

Old 18th July 2009, 01:57 AM
JEWEL Initiate

My only problem with the covers is that she looks so... bored. There's no expression on her face and in the cd-only it looks like she's slouching....!
Old 18th July 2009, 01:57 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
I'd say they have at least a ~light/lite~ flavor to them.

Plain would be Ayu's first 5-6 CD covers.

It's very sad how obvious a person's true character comes out when some CD covers aren't to their liking.. rather funny imo.
Exactly! Didn't people complain about the covers for t2m?

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 18th July 2009, 01:58 AM
rainy day Initiate

I think Ayu looks pretty on the covers! But meh, the lousy photoshopping totally destroyed the whole thing.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:00 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

omg. so the covers are finally here. hmm i don't think she's pretty in it. she doesn't look like herself. hopefully bigger pics will prove me wrong. she looks so much better in off shoot pics... always. and then the super photoshopped weird expression face always makes the cover.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:01 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
My only problem with the covers is that she looks so... bored. There's no expression on her face and in the cd-only it looks like she's slouching....!
That has been the problem since Kazuyoshi started taking all of her photos for magazines. She basically looks like either a) a deer in the headlights or b) bored. There's no emotion.. no sex... no anything. It's kind of weird how a bad photographer can ruin a spread.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:01 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
It's stretching it to say that you can see how a person really is by their reaction to a cover.
de tu puño y letra
Old 18th July 2009, 02:02 AM
Daybreak Initiate

Really, in my opinion, Ayu's covers have always sucked. Usually it's a really cool picture ruined by crappy text, and that's what we have here. I think the only covers that really stood out to me were vogue/Far away/SEASONS (the concept behind that whole thing was genius - they, and accompanying PVs were absolutely fabulous), RAINBOW and NEXT LEVEL. NEXT LEVEL marked a step in a new direction for Ayu, so it was only natural that the covers conveyed that. Sunrise/Sunset, I'm sorry to say, is just a single, and it's not really new so the covers aren't new either; again, just a really cool picture ruined by crappy text.

Ayu official wallpapers in widescreen
♥ Mrs. Kwon Jiyong since 10/21/12 ♥

Last edited by tasking; 18th July 2009 at 02:11 AM.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:04 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
You're very defensive on ayu sometimes. And to a certain extend when you DON'T agree with the negative comments, you start attacking people instead of their comments. If I say the covers are bad, does that mean I'm an evil to ayu? How my true character comes out from your eyes?

This is getting ridiculous. People never agree with each other all the time because we have different personalities and point of views. But that doesn't mean we don't respect each other. Like in the beginning of the thread I did argue with identity, or someone who loves the cover may argue with another person who hates the cover. But in the end we try not to offense each other because in the end it's just personal liking towards, in this case, the covers.

And btw, like I said before, next time you can just quote my name there as well.
Old 18th July 2009, 02:06 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
It's stretching it to say that you can see how a person really is by their reaction to a cover.
I disagree, yo.

Oh, and to add:
I find that Kazuyoshi is extremely good at making people look like.. people that they aren't. It's sort of disturbing.

Quote:
You're very defensive on ayu sometimes. And to a certain extend when you DON'T agree with the negative comments, you start attacking people instead of their comments. If I say the covers are bad, does that mean I'm an evil to ayu? How my true character comes out from your eyes?
I just disagree that they're that bad. I don't really like these covers all that much either, but people are making a mountain out of a molehill and it's kind of sad. This is why AHS is a laughing stock to the J-Pop community.. -sigh-

Last edited by truehappiness; 18th July 2009 at 02:08 AM.
forgiveness Initiate

she looks fierce.
Gut it-pez Initiate

I don't know what's it's the worst of the covers, the expresion in her face or that the covers is the same concept of glitter/fated covers
>.<

sorry for my english ^^U
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, covers, single, sunrise / sunset