Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ information and covers [IV] - Page 9 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 18th July 2009, 04:13 AM
Two of us Initiate

THE COVERS!!!..NOOO, I DONT LIKE IT!!!, i wanna something like b4 T^T
Old 18th July 2009, 04:13 AM
Voyage Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumiko View Post
I can't believe those are the covers...what's the point of going to bali when the background is gonna be like that...I never expected shimomura to do a great job but I can't believe ayu approved the covers...like seriously?
My thought exactly!

I mean, Ayu looks pretty, her body looks amazing, but the background... what the hell are/were they thinking? It looks SO BAD. Some people on this forum can do better with photoshop than this!
BTS Wings Tour 2017
G-Dragon M.O.T.T.E World Tour 2017
Taeyang White Night World Tour 2017
Old 18th July 2009, 04:15 AM
Curtain call Initiate

why am i reading photoshopped?
when the covers are so small
and if it they are so what

whatevers
Old 18th July 2009, 04:15 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi626 View Post
Hmmm....The covers are okay in my opinion. My main problem is that Shinomura or whatever his name is work with Ayu is over photoshopped so nothing looks real. As a fashion photographer myself I know that you want your model and the scenery to look flawless but that doesn't mean unnatural. One of my main problems is the background like others have mentioned. It almost looks like a backdrop rather than the real outdoors. My opinion may change when we get larger versions of the covers but as of right now these are not Ayu's best. Another bad thing is that we may be stuck with pictures of Ayu like this for a while since I have a feeling there is a contract with Shinomura that cannot be broken without many legal issues to follow which Avex nor Ayu probably wants.
Thank u. I completely agree with u.

I was just telling my friend there must be some kind of contract or sth forcing ayu to use Kazuyoshi over and over.

About the photography thing, i agree with u as well.

HOWEVER i think it's okay when fashion pictures look completely fake. At the end of the day it all comes down to what u were trying to convey through that pic.

It's art after all. There are no rules.
Old 18th July 2009, 04:23 AM
Memorial address (take 2 version) Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Really? Normally it's more like 75/25 at first imo, unless for some reason everyone's really satisfied [which never happens]~ I really honestly just recall a lot of people throwing "EW I HATE THIS" at everything new for the last few years... NEXT LEVEL was 'gross' because of the teased hair or the dishwashing gloves with nails on the ends, Rule/Sparkle was "nasty" because of the poses she made or the pleather fabric all over the place, Days/GREEN was "too similar" to Mirrorcle World, Mirrorcle World's cover had too much "fishlips" and looked 'tacky', A COMPLETE had Ayu "looking like Beyonce", GUILTY's covers were 'bland at best', and more..
i have loved almost all of those covers! guilty's photoshoot was really good. mirrorcle world and days/green disappointed a lot of people by being too similar but i loved them also.. fish lips and all. i loved A COMPLETE's covers too.

next level and r/s were gross and this just adds to it.. you can't deny her body looks good ("photoshop" or not) but the face doesn't really look like her (cd+dvd is monkeyish and that's not ayu at all!), and the background is... really cheap looking.

it would be a lot better if didn't look so fan made! i'm not really disappointed in the covers though 'cause i wasn't sure what to expect.
Old 18th July 2009, 04:27 AM
YOU Initiate

that cover looks fake to me...
no way ayu is doing a cover like that... a mag spread like that... im ok
Old 18th July 2009, 04:30 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

the covers looks like:
""hey ayumi! Someone has just killed your dogs..now look to the camara baby"" ...¡click!
Old 18th July 2009, 04:31 AM
SURREAL Initiate

I think this is the first time I really don't like an Ayu cover. (and people were complaining before this....)

CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by (me)JackieRos View Post
BE PREPARED FOR "UNAVAILABLE AHS"

already came maaaany times for me earlier

count down Initiate

~ayumi hamasaki latest single PV: short film - Lost in Bali~

The covers are just plain horrendous.

I really like how her body is, despite it obviously being photoshopped... I like her clothes, her hair, her accessories... I love the text too.

But that's about it.

The background looks more like a canvas painting than a scenery from Bali. Honestly if I were someone from Bali, I would be really offended with this... it's like, what? She went all the way to Bali, only to come back with covers that don't even LOOK like Bali?

And her face... oh my God.

CD-only:
"Huh what am I doing? Omg I'm kinda having a hungover... so tired..."

CD+DVD:
*Okay so I'm gonna get ready for a hot pose woo!*
- Places hand on ear-
~half-way through-
*snap snap*
Kazuyoshi Shimomura: "Ayu I took The hottest shot of you, EVER!"
*orly?*
"Yes, come and look!"
*zomg Shimo-san, I look like an idiot who's scratching her ear... I wanted to do a hot pose with my hand behind my hair, yeah?*
"No Ayu you're freaking hot, hotter than Sparkle PV!!!"
*Really? You're my BFF, so I'll trust you! That shall be my CD+DVD cover! *

... Her facial expression is just bad. And whoever who brought Kuu's anytime... at least that was natural and besides the CD+DVD cover, the CD cover is lovely and so is the booklet. At least the laidback and natural feel is in sync with the song.

I still remember how Ayu actually SMILED in one of the BLUE BIRD shots... and she's like -Lost in Bali- here...

I really hate Kazuyoshi Shimomura for screwing up almost everything about Ayu... but I can't help but feel Ayu should be meaner and tell him that his stuff are that bad.

I mean... I don't know... there's just something so wrong with these covers... her eyes have no expression; no nothing... she's Ayu, not a mannequin posing for FHM's summer magazine...

Really, Kazuyoshi should stop making Ayu do the drugged and lost face... He really doesn't know how to make a woman beautiful.

Ayu, good luck to your career if you're deciding to stick with incompetent staff members.

YAYAYAYA GAGAGAGA DADADADA WOWOWOWO

Old 18th July 2009, 04:40 AM
WE WISH Initiate

^ Personally I love Kazuyoshi...
Old 18th July 2009, 04:45 AM
CAROLS Initiate

what's really wrong with Kazuyoshi?
I like Mirrorcle World
and I like most of his stuff - not everything but who would like all the works of someone.

Old 18th July 2009, 04:45 AM
count down Initiate

^ I do like some of his shots like Mirrorcle World and GREEN/Days (not the Days/GREEN) one... NEXT LEVEL CD+DVD, A COMPLETE... but all of these, I think it's just Ayu salvaging herself by doing a right face.

This, however,... I don't know. I'm really shocked at how someone like Ayu would even allow this atrocity to be in her portfolio. If it's magazine shots and she does that "I'm lost baby" face... it's all right to me, cos the most important thing is to highlight the clothes that she's wearing.

For her single/album covers though... they're a part of her career, and her just allowing this horrendous thing... really reflects on her increasing complacent attitude towards making sure that everything about her singing career is smooth and good imo...

Old 18th July 2009, 04:46 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

people, believe me...if you take a look of it again and again
it will grow on you before you realise it
i kinda like it now more than before...

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 18th July 2009, 04:47 AM
Curtain call Initiate

she looks good in them but like i said before they dont match the song
Old 18th July 2009, 04:52 AM
UNITE! Initiate

I don't mind that this cover isn't in front of a backdrop (a first in a year and a half!), but it's OVER-photoshopped. It's not one of those covers where an arm or part of a leg is missing or too small or something, she just looks fake, almost plastic. She looks wonderful, but the plants behind her look FAKE. I bet it wasn't a backdrop, and they shouldn't have done any kind of editing to the flowers.

The covers aren't bad, I just wish they hadn't done all that photoshopping. But, like someone just mentioned, I am growing to the covers... at least, the small versions. Let's see how they look when the bigger, HQ versions are released.

♥ Ayu fan since September 2006 ♥

Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
ASIA TOUR 2008 - June 29, 2008
ARENA TOUR 2009 - June 20, 2009 | June 21, 2009
ARENA TOUR 2012 - April 7, 2012 | April 8, 2012

Old 18th July 2009, 04:53 AM
count down Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyuGAME View Post
people, believe me...if you take a look of it again and again
it will grow on you before you realise it
i kinda like it now more than before...
I hope I do. I really like everything actually, except for her facial expression and the canvas, "Bali" background...

Quote:
Originally Posted by (me)JackieRos View Post
she looks good in them but like i said before they dont match the song
That's like another problem. Sunrise/Sunset... LULZ, where's the sun? Oh well...

Old 18th July 2009, 04:54 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Really? Normally it's more like 75/25 at first imo, unless for some reason everyone's really satisfied [which never happens]~ I really honestly just recall a lot of people throwing "EW I HATE THIS" at everything new for the last few years... NEXT LEVEL was 'gross' because of the teased hair or the dishwashing gloves with nails on the ends, Rule/Sparkle was "nasty" because of the poses she made or the pleather fabric all over the place, Days/GREEN was "too similar" to Mirrorcle World, Mirrorcle World's cover had too much "fishlips" and looked 'tacky', A COMPLETE had Ayu "looking like Beyonce", GUILTY's covers were 'bland at best', and more..
But even so, I remember there at least being enough positive comments to balance it out. Not so this time.

Since we can't change who she works with, the one thing we can do is complain. I don't see it ending anytime soon. ^_^

Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxo.licious™ View Post

I was just telling my friend there must be some kind of contract or sth forcing ayu to use Kazuyoshi over and over.
I highly doubt it. For someone who supposedly has so much control over her image, if Ayu didn't want him around he wouldn't be there. Do you really think Avex really wants this guy who has never worked with any other major artist before and keeps turning in substandard work? This is nepotism at its worst since the whole reason he even got involved is because both he and Ayu are friends with Mika John.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th July 2009 at 04:59 AM.
Old 18th July 2009, 04:55 AM
WE WISH Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by waterballoon View Post
^ I do like some of his shots like Mirrorcle World and GREEN/Days (not the Days/GREEN) one... NEXT LEVEL CD+DVD, A COMPLETE... but all of these, I think it's just Ayu salvaging herself by doing a right face.

This, however,... I don't know. I'm really shocked at how someone like Ayu would even allow this atrocity to be in her portfolio. If it's magazine shots and she does that "I'm lost baby" face... it's all right to me, cos the most important thing is to highlight the clothes that she's wearing.

For her single/album covers though... they're a part of her career, and her just allowing this horrendous thing... really reflects on her increasing complacent attitude towards making sure that everything about her singing career is smooth and good imo...
I kinda disagree with everything you've said... XD

I don't think it's complacency at all, if Ayu disliked it that much, she'd put her foot down, but the reason she isn't is obviously because she must like it at least a little.
Also, the portfolio thing, Ayu isn't a model. She isn't an artist. She's a singer, sometimes they don't have the best covers and they can't satisfy everyone. She's doing her best and she obviously thinks that Kazuyoshi is doing a good job...
Old 18th July 2009, 04:55 AM
Don't look back Initiate

this is the first tiem im disappointed..
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, covers, single, sunrise / sunset