Sunrise / Sunset ~LOVE is ALL~ information and covers [V] - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th July 2009, 08:16 AM
until that Day… Initiate

Aisha_Angel, i completely agree with you

i guess most ppl in AHS probably thinking of buying Japan version, but because it's very expensive... 2x more expensive from the OS version, so i guess covers are really matter to them...including me on this case.. but once they (and me) saw the covers, it's totally a disappointment... most of my friends who also thinking of buying Japan version have cancelled theirs too..and switching to buy the OS version one.. we also want to support Ayu at Oricon charts, but still... covers like that... =_____= *Sorry Ayu*
Old 19th July 2009, 08:24 AM
Real me Initiate

Buy it off iTunes if you don't like the cover.
Old 19th July 2009, 08:26 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

^that is actually a really good idea.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 19th July 2009, 08:28 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I'll probably get it at Sanseido if I have a chance to get it! Might not count towards Oricon [why wouldn't it? Haha] but hey~ I really love the song! (will become songs when I hear Sunset probably)
Old 19th July 2009, 08:37 AM
SURREAL Initiate

Sadly, Sunrise isn't worth 99-cents for me. ^_^; (And no, I didn't mean that as badly as it sounded...or did I?)

Plus, I just don't buy singles anyway unless they're special like Mirrorcle World and Namie's 60s70s80s (which BTW, I was disappointed by the lack of a REAL booklet with pictures).

---LMAO @ the English dub of Death Note. I <3 psychopathic Light!---
Old 19th July 2009, 08:39 AM
Two of us Initiate

I don't buy singles.. I collect only her album, books and concerts DVDs. I was actually planning to buy the OS version since well it's shot in Bali, but since the cover is quite a disappointment to me and the PV's not shot in Bali, I'm thinking of not buying it. I just think that I prefer to spend this money for sumthing on my priority list.

Actually I bought some singles like Starting/Born to be, Blue Bird, Never Ever and Endless Sorrow, simply because I love their cover

so I am the type of person who'll cancel the order because of the cover.. and I'm also the person who'll buy a CD basing only on beautiful/unique covers (even if I don't know a bit about the artist.. this actually 'introduce' me many great music eg. Hirai Ken, Sade Adu, Bliss, Faye Wong, Chris Yu, etc.. but this only happened back then when I was a student w/ extra pocket money..)

Being an Ayu's fan doesn't mean we have to 'eat up' exactly everything she/Avex is trying to feed us right? we have the option, not buying one of her single or album doesn't mean we no longer love her.. it's actually can give her some picture whether her fan-base love her works or not, what she could improve in order to be a better artist, etc..

well that's what I think..
and keep fighting facing himself
even he knows that
he’ll never be a winner or a loser..
it’s a eternal fight..

----------------------------- k21sh3n’s
Old 19th July 2009, 08:40 AM

The collector in me will still want the Japan ver despite the tacky covers. I'm also nitpicky about the Overseas OBI having the Chinese translation of the single title.

Last edited by FoObY; 19th July 2009 at 08:43 AM.
Old 19th July 2009, 08:45 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

Location: In a grassy field of trees and light capturing butterflies
@ Naxxo-Licious What's your problem? I was agreeing with the guy!! And capital letters are used for expression! Next time I'll use italics to not offend your precious senses!

Christ!! what is everyone's problem! I make a some rants and every body gangs up on me for it!? I guess we won't look at the people who complain about EVERYTHING she does! .....cause y'know......I guess they spread it out!! Everyone stop being a bunch of Nazis and let me say my piece and be done with it! Just cause my posts were longer than yours and written snarky-er too ^_~* doesn't mean I wasn't over it when I was done writing it!
Old 19th July 2009, 08:49 AM
until that Day… Initiate

k21sh3n, I'm you...

i love ur last paragraph

Quote:
Being an Ayu's fan doesn't mean we have to 'eat up' exactly everything she/Avex is trying to feed us right? we have the option, not buying one of her single or album doesn't mean we no longer love her.. it's actually can give her some picture whether her fan-base love her works or not, what she could improve in order to be a better artist, etc..
it's just the same thing when ppl do business, they create products, and sell them, but if they don't meet the expectations of the customers, so the customers won't buy the products at all..
Old 19th July 2009, 09:06 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

^ thats very true and I agree with you both! But sadly my opinions arent liked around here so I wont say them much anymore! Not that I'll need to! something this bad only comes around once a career.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:16 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

wth? dude, don't take it like really personally...but...

you just sound like a crazy person when you're stating your opinions/ranting.

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 19th July 2009, 09:22 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by catcher_inthelight View Post
^ thats very true and I agree with you both! But sadly my opinions arent liked around here so I wont say them much anymore! Not that I'll need to! something this bad only comes around once a career.
shoving your opinion down everyone's throat is not going
to make you liked much.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:26 AM
independent Initiate

Quote:
@ Naxxo-Licious What's your problem? I was agreeing with the guy!! And capital letters are used for expression! Next time I'll use italics to not offend your precious senses!
I was talking about your previous posts. Dude, u really need to chill out cause u're coming off as some kind of psycho and it's annoying.

U can perfectly defend your ideas in a more civilized way.

Nobody told u your posts are unnecessary, cause u, as any other member, have the right to say what u think.

Just try to do it in...a different way.
Old 19th July 2009, 09:27 AM
A BALLADS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by emiko View Post
well what if there were people who like, didn't like the song and were gonna buy it, just because they like ayu...

and then the covers came out, and they're this fugly, so they decided not to.

But I don't know...there are actually a lot of releases that I like just because of the covers...like Blue Bird. I don't really care about the single...I had it anyway.

Or Black Cherry...I just want to make nice scans.

Anyway...you never really know someone's motive for buying things...so...whatever.

Also, some people just don't really care about supporting Ayu. Not to mention the fact that a lot of our orders don't really count anyway.

I agree with Aisha Angel a bit. Japanese CDs are really expensive for me...I would be extremely turned off if the product was sub-par...which imo it is...but that's just my opinion.

To other people, it's worth it. To each his own.
thanks, finally somebody with peaceful opinion, which is IMO right as well, the single might have been dlightly over the line of "purchasing" and if something thats expected to be good turns out to be bad, it might fall under that line, we all know already that we probably can't expect anything from the PVs ... so the only hope for the people liking neither Sunrise nor the covers is sunset and even if that turns out to be good, it IMO isnt worth buying
Old 19th July 2009, 09:46 AM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by RikkuChii View Post
If I was buying the single, I wouldn't cancel my order just because the covers are fugly. That's stupid.
I'm not buying it because I will get songs on album, PVs on Album's dvd and only reason for me to buy that was actually how it looks, it's appearance which is going to be awful

*still hope they will change the covers* PLEEEASE!!
Old 19th July 2009, 09:50 AM
Real me Initiate

Emiko is right. Japanese singles are so expensive. I have only bought one Ayumi Hamasaki single and that was Days/GREEN. It was perfect in every aspect. The whole single has to be perfect in order to persuade me to buy it.
Old 19th July 2009, 10:00 AM
POWDER SNOW Initiate

@ Everyone I'm sorry if I sound psycho to you cause I'm really not!
Jokes mentioning peoples brains being compared to hamster wheels and the like is meant as both food for thought and witty albeit snarky banter!
Just because I write caps for expression or mention things exploding doesn't make me any crazier or meaner or nastier than the next guy.

I would also love to bring up the fact that some people actually GOT ME at first like emiko! Only to turn around and say I'm crazy but whatever.....

When I say things like...Do you WANT to die?? You cant REALLY think I'm being serious!
It's actually kinda odd! I'm the one having long rants about stuff but actually I'm being more chill about whats being said then the people reading it! Also (and this is only directed at SOME of you). Opinions (such that they are) are ALWAYS subjective and if its my OPINION to be right in the case of the GREEN PV *for example* I'm not shoving it down your throats! What I AM doing is giving BETTER arguments to substantiate said opinions (this is fact) and therefore you *think* I force/shove my opinions unto you! aka *down your throat*
So I'll reiterate and say I really never rant but I'm passionate about these two subjects in particular! and so I'm gonna say what I say just as you do! And I'm not going to change or rant differently because honestly I don't do it enough to
A. Warrant a change or
B.Suit your tastes so YOU feel better!
So ya'll go that way! I'll go this way!
And really...... were some of those comments necessary?
You only embarrass yourself (you know who you are) all others who told me how they felt clearly I applaud you! *chow*
Old 19th July 2009, 10:07 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by naxxo.licious™ View Post
OH GOD! that made my day..

SCARYYYY!!!!!

IG | YT | PR

Old 19th July 2009, 10:13 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
@ Everyone I'm sorry if I sound psycho to you cause I'm really not!
Jokes mentioning peoples brains being compared to hamster wheels and the like is meant as both food for thought and witty albeit snarky banter!
Just because I write caps for expression or mention things exploding doesn't make me any crazier or meaner or nastier than the next guy.

I would also love to bring up the fact that some people actually GOT ME at first like emiko! Only to turn around and say I'm crazy but whatever.....

When I say things like...Do you WANT to die?? You cant REALLY think I'm being serious!
It's actually kinda odd! I'm the one having long rants about stuff but actually I'm being more chill about whats being said then the people reading it! Also (and this is only directed at SOME of you). Opinions (such that they are) are ALWAYS subjective and if its my OPINION to be right in the case of the GREEN PV *for example* I'm not shoving it down your throats! What I AM doing is giving BETTER arguments to substantiate said opinions (this is fact) and therefore you *think* I force/shove my opinions unto you! aka *down your throat*
So I'll reiterate and say I really never rant but I'm passionate about these two subjects in particular! and so I'm gonna say what I say just as you do! And I'm not going to change or rant differently because honestly I don't do it enough to
A. Warrant a change or
B.Suit your tastes so YOU feel better!
So ya'll go that way! I'll go this way!
And really...... were some of those comments necessary?
You only embarrass yourself (you know who you are) all others who told me how they felt clearly I applaud you! *chow*
Dude... Take a chill pill and GTFO. (Sorry to sound mean, but your rants are getting on my nerves! )

Set created by Yoake
B'z thread blog twitter facebook livejournal last.fm
Old 19th July 2009, 10:14 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

whatever. i'm totally guilty of not buying singles/albums bc i didn't like their covers. with her last covers i think it was cool because she had like 3-4 versions with different covers, more of a chance for there to be one someone liked. (honestly i'm so glad there were 3 versions of R/S as i only loved one of the covers) but i admit it's stupid to buy something just for the cover, even though i do it sometimes. it's peoples money.. they can do whatever. personally i'm buying the CD+DVD because i like the cover more, and it'll have the PV's and songs.. i'm getting the best of both worlds, like our good friend hannah montana. i just like whatever i buy to be worth it in all aspects
Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, information, single, sunrise / sunset