You were... / BALLAD information and covers [IX] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 22nd December 2009, 09:54 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Originally Posted by FuNsTyLe View Post
Read my post once more... That is exactly what I wrote. It is not existing fans that are important in sales, it's capturing new audience, gather new listeners. And you can't really say Ayu and Namie don't have the same fans, how can you know? I bet there are alot of those 127 million people that like both Ayu and Namie.

Of course it plays a role whether your biggest competitor releases an album or single ther same time as you do, artits always try to avoid that, and it is for a reason. Namie's album has been out for some weeks, so I don't really see the competition with Ayu's single this time, just someone else mentioned it. Don't you think Ayu and her management are paying close attention to which other artists release music the same date she does? And I can assure you, they keep good count of Namie's sales.

Also, whether you purchase digitally or buy physical copies does not matter. The dough rolls in anyways.
Reminding you that the company that release namie's CDs is avex trax.

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
We will just have to wait and see. If it does release in stores on the 29th, that will be the first time that I remember that something at the end of December was actually in stores on its release date only. Even if thats the case though, it will still at least somewhat hurt her sales due to the fact that not all record stores will be open over New Years (which is the entire reason why the releases show up a few days before). Luckily for her though, if it does get released the 29th and she loses a couple days of sales because of store closures, she doesn't really have any competition that week.
For how long will those stores be closed and how many of them?

I think at the moment that avex put the release date on the 29th and not on 01.01 (like for example kuroki meisa's mini album) to maybe emphasis that it will be in shops already on Monday which is the first day of the oricon week (sales that are shown on Tuesday) means it will have 14 days of the double week (and not naturally 13). So the single would have 3 days before those stores will get closed.

Last edited by ayumisrael; 22nd December 2009 at 10:16 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 09:58 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ plus these are a single and an album we're talking about in no way do they compete against each other on the charts, Ayu's single didn't get postponed cuz Namie had an album released that week, but because Masuharu had his single out and Namie obviously didn't affect his sales...So much about that.

Ah well there are only 3 days left till NINKI's out, so we'll know soon enough.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 22nd December 2009 at 10:04 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:13 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Reminding you that the company that release namie's CDs is avex trax.

For how long will those stores be closed and how many of them?
It really differs depending on the area and is obviously up to the descretion of each store owner/company. Historically, it used to be that many stores in Japan would shut down for several days the first week of January; everything other than essential stores like the grocery and stuff. Nowadays, especially with the economy they don't seem to close as much. Tokyo for example has a lot of stores back up and going after about 2 days. Outside of Tokyo I don't know, but they probably stay closed longer.

It seems the economy is really effecting the normal holiday though because on the Tower Records Shibuya site it says they will not be closing at all in Dec. or Jan.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 22nd December 2009 at 10:30 PM.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:15 PM
Lelio Protector

And you think it will hurt sales even in the total terms?
I mean won't all the people who would or want/wanted to buy this single buy it when they can? (and there won't be a loss of the "meant" total sales or barely a loss?)
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:16 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
It really differs depending on the area and is obviously up to the descretion of each store owner/company. It used to be that many stores in Japan would shut down for the entire first week of January; everything other than essential stores like the grocery and stuff. Nowadays, especially with the economy they don't seem to close as much. Tokyo for example has a lot of stores back up and going after about 2 days. Outside of Tokyo I don't know, but they probably stay closed longer.
So chances are that they only won't work during the first two days? I wonder for how long will the Oricon stop updating the charts, it's usually a week, right?

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:17 PM
Lelio Protector

I do remember though that GUILTY's sales were pretty consistest the whole first week through (like 30,000+,25,000+ per day or something).

Maybe the closed stores are the reason for the consistency?

(And You were.../BALLAD might sell 15,000 per day for a week too lol, or not, but maybe as I suspected it will be released a few days before the stores will be closed).
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:19 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

^ yeah, GUILTY's sales were pretty consistent even during it's second week (the 2nd part of the double week) which was really weird. I guess Oricon has good reasons for merging those.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:22 PM
Heartplace Initiate

sunshineslayer question for you xD If the single could be bought on stores 3-4 days before the 29th... those sales would be counted this week or the next one?? if it's the next one it will help her right?? more days to count... If not... then for her albums in the past that wer available days before, the sales of this extra days were counted for her albums real week, right?? so for Yw/B would be the same...

We are going crazy with the release date fo this single!! xD

(RED LINE where are youuuuu~~??? xD)

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:25 PM
walking proud Initiate

^ lol. Yeah, the answer is simply, I don't know because it is too confusing and too much to remember, haha.

@Ayumisrael: No, won't hurt total sales but could effect the first week sales.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:39 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
Not really, their album and single sales tend to differ. Ayu's a better single seller atm => means she has more hard core fans. Namie is currently selling more albums => she is currently more popular as we all know. I guess if someone would take the time to screen cap the BEST ARTIST 2005 (I am not sure if Namie has performed on there after that?) charts for Namie and Ayu it would be the easiest way to check the age and gender of their fans/listeners. Also, remember those Oricon polls, Namie was mostly voted by females. So considering that after all they do generally sing about different things and handle their music differently I don't think they share a lot of fans nor casual listeners (127 million people is imo a lot...). That's how I think at least.
When I said "all" the same casual listeners, I didn't literally mean all. I meant a lot. XD Of course their sales are different, like no pop stars have the same exact sales. But for the most part, casual pop listeners like a variety of people, not just one specific type like Ayu-pop or something. It's like how a bunch of people on this forum like Namie, Hikki, Kumi, and Ayu, though none of them have the same exact type of music. I doubt that Japanese people are soooo different that they'd only like ONE of those and not like the others.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:40 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
^ lol. Yeah, the answer is simply, I don't know because it is too confusing and too much to remember, haha.

@Ayumisrael: No, won't hurt total sales but could effect the first week sales.
Well she will have 2 weeks as the 1st week so I'm not sure if it that hurt. XD

Like GUILTY it just might "hurt" the dailies, though they might be consistent.
Old 22nd December 2009, 10:47 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Oh! SS, I was confusing making the question or you mean that all this thing is confusing? XDD

How to join Team Ayu! ~

Old 22nd December 2009, 10:54 PM
Far away Initiate

Anyways... I'm too lazy to quote all posts... I think we can at least agree that when artists release albums the same week sales will be affected!
Not total sales but definately the first week sales, which may or may not make that specific album no 1 for the week.
I'll probably not buy Ayu's next album, I'm liking fewer and fewer songs from her, I really disliked the whole Sunrise/set LOVE IS ALL single, didn't even bother to watch the PVs, and I really don't like You were... BALLAD is alright. Let's see what Red Line sounds like when it's out.

Old 22nd December 2009, 11:12 PM
Lelio Protector

Quote:
Anyways... I'm too lazy to quote all posts... I think we can at least agree that when artists release albums the same week sales will be affected!
Not total sales but definately the first week sales, which may or may not make that specific album no 1 for the week.
I'll probably not buy Ayu's next album, I'm liking fewer and fewer songs from her, I really disliked the whole Sunrise/set LOVE IS ALL single, didn't even bother to watch the PVs, and I really don't like You were... BALLAD is alright. Let's see what Red Line sounds like when it's out.
Didn't you really like BALLAD though? (saw from your posts in the download section). xD

But yeah I would wait for the whole album to judge first unless if 4 (3) songs of it really prevents you from already buying it.
Old 22nd December 2009, 11:16 PM
Far away Initiate

Yeah I did/do... But.. Not like I used to. Some years ago, I was like really obsessed with her songs, loved every song... I do like ballad, but it's the only son in a while I've liked... I haven't even listened to some of the songs on her Next Level album... I think it's just me though, I've gradually moved from Ayu to Utada (minus her newest English album).

I bought alot of singles and albums, but these days I just don't feel like they're worth it just for listening to 3-4 songs on an album...

Old 22nd December 2009, 11:58 PM
winding road Initiate

Quote:
Yeah I did/do... But.. Not like I used to. Some years ago, I was like really obsessed with her songs, loved every song... I do like ballad, but it's the only son in a while I've liked... I haven't even listened to some of the songs on her Next Level album... I think it's just me though, I've gradually moved from Ayu to Utada (minus her newest English album).

I bought alot of singles and albums, but these days I just don't feel like they're worth it just for listening to 3-4 songs on an album...
Oh dear, you poor thing. I can't imagine moving from bad to worse like that...

Old 23rd December 2009, 12:06 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
Oh dear, you poor thing. I can't imagine moving from bad to worse like that...

Ok, I will not turn this into an A vs U thread... So... Back to topic!
Red Line sounds like Replace.... I kind of like that song...Hm, this'll be interesting.

Old 23rd December 2009, 12:10 AM
winding road Initiate

^Although notice I said "bad to worse" not "good to bad" >.>

Why won't this single leak D:? Has anyone checked Ayuchina to see if the picture guy uploaded it there yet lol?

Old 23rd December 2009, 12:15 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

no,i just came back from ayuchina
no leak yet

Old 23rd December 2009, 12:33 AM
Far away Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by GRACE View Post
^Although notice I said "bad to worse" not "good to bad" >.>

Why won't this single leak D:? Has anyone checked Ayuchina to see if the picture guy uploaded it there yet lol?

Hehe, I see. Well, we're all here in AHS though...

I know.. leak leak!

Closed Thread

Tags
ayu, ayumi, ayumi hamasaki, hamasaki, red line ~for ta~, single, team ayu, you were.../ballad