thoughts on Sweet Season PV - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 28th September 2010, 01:42 AM
Real me Initiate

thoughts on Sweet Season PV

how did you guys like the PV for Sweet Season?

it's very summery and laid back. WTH is up with the ending? partying a little too hard, Ayu? XD

tumblr

Old 28th September 2010, 01:48 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

the ending was so depressing i thought it made it interesting though, it'd be kind of pointless without it.
Old 28th September 2010, 01:52 AM
End roll Initiate

It fit the song so well. There's something kind of creepy about it and I wasn't at all bored watching it. And the ending. I wasn't expecting that.
I wonder if it will be connected to another PV?
Old 28th September 2010, 01:52 AM
Heartplace Initiate

Yeah, the ending was the only thing I found interesting. The whole PV was really pointless, but it would have been okay if half of it wasn't a bunch of kids singing along (who obviously didn't know the words). Seriously, the second half of the PV is mostly shots of the kids singing in the stupid pool. It was so annoying. :/

I lol'd so hard when the kids at the beginning were like "Hi mom!" And I like the overall coloring of the PV.

Edit: Also, the last third of the PV is just clips recycled from the first 2/3. :| That's just pointless.

Last edited by Tom Punks; 28th September 2010 at 01:56 AM.
Old 28th September 2010, 01:54 AM
End roll Initiate

I don't think it was pointless at all. In fact, I think it was very pointful XD.
If it obviously didn't have some deeper meaning because of the ending ( or a connection to another PV) I'd agree with you.
Old 28th September 2010, 01:55 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by kagami View Post
It fit the song so well. There's something kind of creepy about it and I wasn't at all bored watching it. And the ending. I wasn't expecting that.
I wonder if it will be connected to another PV?
I don't think it'll be connected to anything, it kind of explains the Sweet Season PV with the ending. it's basically like, ayu is really the drunk/messed up ayu at the end and she's dreaming about the perfect life that she doesn't have.
Old 28th September 2010, 01:58 AM
End roll Initiate

Yeah, I thought something like that too.
Or that she was dreaming of the family she used to have and they died or something...haha.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:00 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I wonder if this will lead into a possible Last Angel PV!!!!!! EXCITING NIGHTS, ONE-NIGHT STANDS. DO IT AYU PLEASE PLEASE PLEASE!!!!
Old 28th September 2010, 02:02 AM
Don't look back Initiate

^hmmm probable but...that would be freaky to think about O.O
LOl..so she eloped with the guy and they have a family and then he died..LOL ouch

I was really shocked at the ending. the falling into water really felt like Inception (remmber the Kick?)..i wonder what's with the look at the end. Hmm..i hope its connected because I wanna know if there's a story. O and i wished she sang WITH the children. It kinda took me a while before i realize they were singing Sweet Season.

Could the story reflect showbiz? and Ayu's life? what she yearns and what she has? I think that's a good perspective to explore.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:07 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

i think if there was less focus on the kids (them attempting to lipsynch her words) the video would have been worlds better.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:10 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
I was really shocked at the ending. the falling into water really felt like Inception (remmber the Kick?)..i wonder what's with the look at the end. Hmm..i hope its connected because I wanna know if there's a story. O and i wished she sang WITH the children. It kinda took me a while before i realize they were singing Sweet Season.
I love you forever for the Inception reference.

I wish there were more family scenes other than in the pool to get a better idea of a background story. I also hope it is tied into another PV eventually. But the reason I find this PV interesting is because of the message of a "happy family" and in Virgin Road a "happy marriage" (even if they're double trouble! lol) and Last Angel seems to be a song of "regret" and "new love." These are some very strong themes that I don't think Ayu has ever really tied together like this before. These are adult themes and I think Ayu was serious when she said she is finally ready to become an adult. I'm not sure what that could mean for her personal life but I'd love to find out!
Old 28th September 2010, 02:12 AM
YOU Initiate

I EFFING LOVED it. Concept from start to finish, especially that finish. The PV takes the song to a higher level.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:14 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Yea the kids and the whole family party is the concept of portraying happiness and relaxation. Ayu looks really at peace...then it ends with that drastic makeup and haggard looking appearance. I think it shows how her dreams are so in contrast with her life...despite that she loves music and needs to work. What she really wants can only be portrayed through music videos like these.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:16 AM
neverending dream Initiate

It was so sad. I got a feeling that she wants to have a family of her own soon but she can't or something like that.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by identity View Post
I don't think it'll be connected to anything, it kind of explains the Sweet Season PV with the ending. it's basically like, ayu is really the drunk/messed up ayu at the end and she's dreaming about the perfect life that she doesn't have.
I liked ur interpretation^^

IMO it's a visual metaphor saying that ayu's drug party was like a children party on her mind...

Anyway... there's no right interpretation

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 28th September 2010, 02:23 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Sorry, it has a very good plot (especially the end), and it's all very cute. But it doesn't work out very well. I mean; it's soo western and then you are singing Japanese stuff. And the kids are also TRYING to sing some words of the song (and it doesn't work out of course) It's like the only one who doesn't fit in the whole PV is Ayu herself.

Last edited by xLuna&1LOVE; 28th September 2010 at 02:32 AM.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:27 AM
End roll Initiate

That's actually an interesting point you make. Maybe Ayu isn't supposed to fit in? It would certainly add an extra layer of depth if that were the case.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:28 AM
still alone Initiate

I loved it, really cute! i wonder why the ending was so creepy/sad. i kept waiting for a "To Be Continued..." across the screen, but it never happened

♫set by ownsarai♫
☆We are One, A World is One☆
♥ayu i love you with MY ALL♥

Old 28th September 2010, 02:29 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ Yeah the whole 70's white suburban mom with two kids, a husband and a lab look was really weird lol. I laughed forever when those kids called her mom though LOL.
Old 28th September 2010, 02:30 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
I liked ur interpretation^^

IMO it's a visual metaphor saying that ayu's drug party was like a children party on her mind...

Anyway... there's no right interpretation
interesting interpretation~ but i didn't get that from it, since at the end when ayu wakes up she seems disappointed in herself, like "ugh, back to reality". her acting was actually really good this time imo, and usually i think she's a pretty bad actress.

Tags
sweet season