I must have a serious problem :/ - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd May 2011, 04:18 AM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
Love song? Whenever I listen to it this weird frenzy begins, makes me want to go out on the rooftop and shout. I was (or am) at this crazy point when I thought my life is over and the last thing I can still do is enjoy good music till I die, the lyrics are kind of a hymn of life, combined with music and her confident vocal it's so uplifting, I'd dare to put it right next to Ayu's best songs ever.
Thats exactly it for me too. Love song is like a happy version of decision for me and they both fill me with so much energy and make me want to shout out the entire song. Not to mention that the arrangement for Love song is incredibly unique and super catchy. Too bad the video is super duper lame but that was the case for decision too but thankfully I can forget about its existence and still enjoy the song.

As a comparison to the OP, I really dislike November and find her voice almost intolerable in it yet people are all over it. I simply can't understand that either, lol
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:32 AM
theme of a-nation '03 H-Initiate

I really loved it at first, but now I barely listen to it because I can't stand her voice. I love everything about the song like the composition and the lyrics, but I just can't listen to it when she starts to sing~
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:49 AM
Liar Initiate

I was hating all her recent releases up till that album track. It's good but I only wanted to hear it like twice. So I don't find it strange that you don't like it.
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:50 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I dont think that everyone will go hunt u down even if u are the only one who doesnt like this song. Everyone is entitled to his/her own opinion on anything!

I would say Love song is indeed lacklustre compared to songs like Last angel and Virgin Road because the same tune keeps repeating itself. But I think the song is bearable and nice to sing along with.. I don't skip this song..
Old 3rd May 2011, 04:54 AM
glitter Initiate

Love song is a funny sounding song.

It starts pretty strongly, but the pre-chorus blends with the chorus so well that I just couldn't tell where the chorus was the first times I listened to it, which used to leave me with a bland taste, making it sound a very lack of "I don't know what" song.

Talking about her vocals, you could tell she tried her best, which is a good thing as I see it, but yeah, screechy vocals are not everyone's cup of tea, and that is all part of being Ayumi Hamasaki at the end of the day.

Overall I enjoy the rawness of this song, and it would have to be one of the songs I listen the most from Love songs, but you know, we all listen differently, picking up on different sounds and interpreting them subjectively, which ends with us all liking it, not caring about it, or just plain hating it.

And don't think it will be like this forever, people change, and as you develop a relationship with this song or not, you will find out if you can enjoy it or not.
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:06 AM
Over Initiate

I love her vocals in it. It's the rawness, as many pointed out. I don't know, but it seems like her harsher vocals appeal to me. My top favourites in Memorial address, Last Links, count down, Love Song, T2M... yeah. I think it's awesome.

honto no watashi wo anata wa wakaranai

Old 3rd May 2011, 05:15 AM
immature Initiate

I didn't like it at all the first time I heard it in the Best Artist performance. I always skip that track when I was listening to the album, but it seems like after awhile, I got used to her voice. So I'm okay with Love song now, but I still don't love it.

~set by artcika~

last.fm / tumblr

Old 3rd May 2011, 05:20 AM
xLitax

The song is fine, I just wish her vocals were better in it. :/ Oh well.
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:27 AM
TO BE Initiate

The song used to really irritate me, but over time it grew on me immensely. I have a soft spot for when her vocals sound "bad" because of her raw emotion pouring out, as cheesy as that sounds. We all have an ear for different types of music, and that is perfectly fine. As long as one is not judging and pointing fingers at others with what's right and what's wrong with musical opinions, it's totally fine to have a different one
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:28 AM
NEVER EVER Initiate

The song is just there for me. I don't love it or hate it.
Old 3rd May 2011, 05:34 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

I thought Love Song was awful when it came out as a preview. I literally thought it was a rough edit and hadn't been mastered yet. I see country influences in it and I really dislike that.

Now it's just okay. I didn't really like the Love Songs album as a whole, so I think as the title track it lived up to its name.

livejournal / last.fm / awesome sauce

Old 3rd May 2011, 05:42 AM
Daybreak Initiate

It's not a problem. Plenty of other people have songs they hate that everyone else seems to love. I have that same problem with "evolution". I just don't get the love for that song. Everything about it annoys me to tears. The beat, the melody, Ayu's singing on the recorded track, her non-singing shouting during live concerts... I just can't stand it. lol

As for Love song:

Quote:
Originally Posted by love in music View Post
I love it for all the reasons you hate it. Her voice, lyrics, and the melody are so amazing. It's just filled with so much raw emotion and is one of those stand out tracks in her discography for being so interesting/different. It's right up there with being one of her best album tracks right along with "I am..." for me.

Thank you, Mirrorcle Heaven*

**~Idororu Rabu~**

Koharu Kusumi Tomomi Itano Karin Miyamoto
Meimi Tamura Ayaka Komatsu Kanon Suzuki

Old 3rd May 2011, 07:22 AM
fairyland Initiate

I ADORE IT! But at the same time i have to admit:

-her voice is not her best
-her lyrics aren't the deepest ever

but i'm sorta addicted to it

~thanks pepper for the set~
Old 3rd May 2011, 07:38 AM
Because of You Initiate

I'm with you on here. I mean, I don't hate it, but I've never understood the overwhelming support for it. There are better tracks on Love songs for sure.

Old 3rd May 2011, 10:00 AM
Pray H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pommy48 View Post
I really loved it at first, but now I barely listen to it because I can't stand her voice. I love everything about the song like the composition and the lyrics, but I just can't listen to it when she starts to sing~
This. Is how I feel.
She goes all out with her voice, but it sounds too strained and like she's overdoing it.

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 3rd May 2011, 10:08 AM
Initiate

It's a great song and would be perfect if she didn't shout in this song!
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:12 AM
End roll Initiate

I don't see what's wrong with her voice in this song....? Aside from the 'YEAAAAAHS' that are really strained it's not too bad in my ears.

She sings it in a fairly jerky, rough manner, but there are parts that are really soft and sweet too. Well, either way, I love the song lol
Old 3rd May 2011, 10:56 AM
Over Initiate

I think Love song is the best song of the album. Don't know why, I just think it's sweet
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:02 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

Location: where the Sexy little things Sparkle and sing Love songs (California)
Love song is one of my absolute favorites because of the raw emotion she put into it. I love how it sounds, and I listen to it very often.

♥sweet&simple♥
ღGraphic Junkies, UNITE!ღ
Old 3rd May 2011, 11:36 AM
fairyland Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bondingo View Post
I'm with you on here. I mean, I don't hate it, but I've never understood the overwhelming support for it. There are better tracks on Love songs for sure.
yep, for example Like A Doll: just a few seem to like it, but i find it simply adorable and strong at the same time

~thanks pepper for the set~

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, love song, love songs