14th album 'LOVE again' out February 8th, 4th of five 15th anniversary releases [VI] - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 27th January 2013, 08:40 PM
JEWEL Initiate

I remember SAKURA really well.
Old 27th January 2013, 09:10 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

11 days
Ivy's chorus is always in my head...
Old 27th January 2013, 09:56 PM
Dolls Initiate

^ in mine too <3

Oh, and tasknbass. tasuku never fails.

i want fairyland II ;-;
Old 27th January 2013, 10:15 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

I hope we'll get a leak next weekend.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 28th January 2013, 12:02 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper View Post
^ in mine too <3

Oh, and tasknbass. tasuku never fails.

i want fairyland II ;-;
I've been praying for a sequel too
I want more things to be burned down in the next video
Old 28th January 2013, 01:50 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

I can't remember the previews D: , i only remember glasses

TWICE

Old 28th January 2013, 01:55 AM
Don't look back Initiate

Think it'll be appropriate to post this here
Though Im not sure if anyone has translated it.

These are some of the interview excerpts from ViVi March 2013. Found them on an Ayu FB page.

====

ayu: Usually, albums are made with singles that are produced over the year however this time, I've made an album with the feeling that is "of this instant". As the production time for this album was very close, all the songs represent who I am now. During [MY STORY], rather than saying I was singing about myself, it was more about questioning myself. This time in [LOVE again], it feels as though I am sending out letters to people. I have thoroughly understood my thoughts and recorded them down every day. This is what is different from the me back then.

Q: What does the title [LOVE again] mean to the ayu now?
ayu: This is just an album filled with songs that are of this particular instant. I believe there will be people who approach and listen to them from many perspectives. About the title, its like a neverending/cyclical process: Losing after we've found, and after losing it, we continue to find and search for it---It's been going on for the past 15 years. However, I believe it has to be like always, that is, to be able to listen and feel directly and intently, for one to get that message.

Q: It will be your 15th Anniversary soon, what do these changes mean and point to?
ayu: Even though I do not fully know what such changes will bring and affect in future, to me, it feels like "A sunny day", where I can intuitively feel the warmth of this "sunny day". If I continue moving forward like this, no matter what challenges and turmoils I face, I feel I would not regret.

Last edited by freedreamer; 28th January 2013 at 02:00 AM.
Old 28th January 2013, 03:37 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

^ how sweet

my order is SAFE!
Old 28th January 2013, 03:50 AM
TO BE Initiate

Interesting! This is how I see the song 'timeline' so far...

During relationship:
Song 4 u
Ivy

Towards the end of relationship:
Melody
Sweet scar

End of relationship:
snowy kiss
Wake me up

After relationship (reminiscing):
You & Me
Missing

I think this is the order in which it goes so far. It'll be interesting to see where the album tracks will fit. I think this is a great album because there are various perspectives conjured so far. Same relationship, different views...
Old 28th January 2013, 03:58 AM
Virgin Road Initiate

i want full version of SAKURA!

Ayumi Hamasaki...Queen of my life...

Old 28th January 2013, 05:17 AM
UNITE! Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post

These are some of the interview excerpts from ViVi March 2013. Found them on an Ayu FB page.

====

ayu: Usually, albums are made with singles that are produced over the year however this time, I've made an album with the feeling that is "of this instant". As the production time for this album was very close, all the songs represent who I am now. During [MY STORY], rather than saying I was singing about myself, it was more about questioning myself. This time in [LOVE again], it feels as though I am sending out letters to people. I have thoroughly understood my thoughts and recorded them down every day. This is what is different from the me back then.

ayu: This is just an album filled with songs that are of this particular instant. I believe there will be people who approach and listen to them from many perspectives. About the title, its like a neverending/cyclical process: Losing after we've found, and after losing it, we continue to find and search for it---It's been going on for the past 15 years. However, I believe it has to be like always, that is, to be able to listen and feel directly and intently, for one to get that message.

Q: It will be your 15th Anniversary soon, what do these changes mean and point to?
ayu: Even though I do not fully know what such changes will bring and affect in future, to me, it feels like "A sunny day", where I can intuitively feel the warmth of this "sunny day". If I continue moving forward like this, no matter what challenges and turmoils I face, I feel I would not regret.
Thank you so much for posting the translation of her interview in ViVi. It provides great insight into the title of the album as well as the message that she is trying to send us through her music about what she is going through right now. On the surface, the album title comes across a bit repetitive and uncreative considering that it just combined the titles of the mini-albums, however, it makes sense that she did that since she said it's a cyclical/never ending process as it fits the theme of the album. I'm also happy to see that she seems to have a positive outlook on things despite everything that has occured over the past few months. Reading this makes me feel like I was more worried about her than she is about herself so it's good to see that she has chosen not to carry the weight of everything on her shoulders and is continuing to press forward in a positive direction despite the obstacles she faces/ may face.

Last edited by AyusakiFan; 28th January 2013 at 05:22 AM.
Old 28th January 2013, 05:56 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post

====

I really liked reading that, thank you! It makes me wonder what her thoughts were regarding previous albums, especially Party Queen.
Old 28th January 2013, 06:30 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by AyusakiFan View Post
Thank you so much for posting the translation of her interview in ViVi. It provides great insight into the title of the album as well as the message that she is trying to send us through her music about what she is going through right now. On the surface, the album title comes across a bit repetitive and uncreative considering that it just combined the titles of the mini-albums, however, it makes sense that she did that since she said it's a cyclical/never ending process as it fits the theme of the album. I'm also happy to see that she seems to have a positive outlook on things despite everything that has occured over the past few months. Reading this makes me feel like I was more worried about her than she is about herself so it's good to see that she has chosen not to carry the weight of everything on her shoulders and is continuing to press forward in a positive direction despite the obstacles she faces/ may face.
totally agree with u =)
Old 28th January 2013, 07:07 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I believe the meaning of Party Queen as an album/title was "the image she has of herself in society".

Quote:
About the title, its like a neverending/cyclical process: Losing after we've found, and after losing it, we continue to find and search for it---It's been going on for the past 15 years. However, I believe it has to be like always, that is, to be able to listen and feel directly and intently, for one to get that message.
Interesting. I think I guessed the meaning was going to be something like this.

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jawdarna
I think it's surprising that Ayu chose a light, fluffy cover for LOVE again. I predict it's going to be a contradiction (based upon what we have heard so far)...

- Sweet scar and You & Me are extremely bittersweet.
- Ivy and Song 4 u are plagued with self-doubt and a lack of confidence (though, they also mention another person relieving such thoughts).
- snowy kiss blatantly deals with those final moments of a relationship.
- Missing is based upon Ayu's feelings regarding a person in which she was a relationship with; acknowledging the pain they felt when she no longer loved them.
- Wake me up details an attempt to move on from a failed relationship.
- Melody (like You & Me) goes in and out of past tense. She reminisces about somebody she cannot be with despite enjoying their company ('This is our final melody')...

These aren't 'happy' songs. They're not simple either, they're complicated.
It doesn't fit the concept provided by the cover.
Saying this though, it might all come together when we hear the album entirely.
I can't see untitled ~for her~ 2, and Bye Bye Darling being all cheery though.
That leaves Gloria, petal, and SAKURA to support the simplistic/airy feel.
My interpretation of "LOVE again"'s title and the covers in relation to the songs is that after these kinds of experiences in which you may feel lost after a failed relationship, tomorrow's another day and you can find 'love again'. Probably a bit of a stretch, but it's a bit different from the "look at these types of love" from Love songs and instead it's "even though all of us have been through hell trying to love, try to find love again."
Love it!

Last edited by truehappiness; 28th January 2013 at 07:11 AM.
Old 28th January 2013, 08:58 AM
Pray H-Initiate

I don't remember anything from any of the previews. I'm going to listen to them a few times again today, to see if they stick, maybe it's just my poor memory, and not neccessarily the catchyness of the songs that's at fault. But as it is right now, I don't think any of them really are anything more than "nice" to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Benikari47 View Post
How can ya'll possibly not remember the slayage that is "task'n'bass"?
TIL: Slayage is a thing!

Koumori has been wifed by me

Old 28th January 2013, 09:55 AM
SCAR Initiate

The previews are not amazing, but won't judge until I hear the full thing. There's just nothing overly interesting from the snippets chosen besides for 'glasses'.
Old 28th January 2013, 11:15 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Anyone gonna buy Gloria on friday?
Or should I say Thuersday afternoon?
Old 28th January 2013, 02:48 PM
Don't look back Initiate

are there translations to the snippets of the new songs we've heard?
Old 28th January 2013, 03:26 PM
until that Day… Initiate

I always know that ayu will never disappoint with her materials' concepts.. there will always be meanings to everything she's been releasing, ppl would be either hate or love it. can't wait for the full album!!
Old 28th January 2013, 03:40 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Getting very excited for this album!!

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, 15th anniversary, hamasaki ayumi, love again