COUNTDOWN LIVE 2010-2011 A ~do it again~ Live Broadcast - Page 4 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 24th December 2010, 04:01 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Probably. They also probably aren't allowed to broadcast it for free while also having the live broadcast on SkyPerfecTV. It's either one or the other, I guess, and the TV one wins because it gets them more money than if they did it for free.

I mean, they're recording on the 31st for the people watching at home, for the DVD, and now for USTREAM. [probably using the TV footage, but still] I do wonder how many people will buy the tickets to watch it after the show has ended.

Quote:
Exactly. In fact it was easier for them not to make us pay, as they had to look for a way to charge us ^^ There is really no excuse and while I'm aware that they aren't working for charity, they should also be aware that this isn't the way you're doing someone a favor, we'll just end up downloading it in the end as for almost $40 we can buy the actual DVD >_> and that's almost the price of an average concert ticket, so no matter how you look at it, it's too much for a streaming without an encore that's not even live.
This sort of thing takes time (planning) and money to pull off. The tickets for CDL cost almost three times as much as the price they're asking for.

IMO, there's no reason for the attitude of "I'm going to download this anyway" when they've worked hard to try and get a stream up after having people request it. Yes, you can and will probably download it for free, but so what?

Last edited by truehappiness; 24th December 2010 at 04:09 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 04:04 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

well,i think if they reduce the fee,the problem might solved.3000yen might be very small in Japan,but in some other countries like my country,3000yen is my 1-2weeks lunch @@
of course they didn't force me to buy the ticket,but sometimes,as an ayu fans,we feel like want to support her by purchase her stuff etc,but feel like its not worth because we will get the download links in 24hours after the concert.so,it end up that the fans is frustrated since they will not broadcast the encore;it will broadcast 3 hours later;it is expensive.
hope that my post is not annoying and irritates anyone here

Old 24th December 2010, 04:30 PM
And Then Initiate

Well, I told my mom about it, and we're going to pay to watch. <3 So excited!!
Old 24th December 2010, 04:41 PM
until that Day… Initiate

^ wow ur so lucky..and u have fast internet connection is it?
Old 24th December 2010, 04:45 PM
And Then Initiate

We have the fastest dsl our provider sells...I'll still check it out.

Btw, I may be lacking brain cells, but where is the DEMO video mentioned here? o.O It can't be the YT vid... Oh...the inquiry page. Dear Avex, please translate it all into English. x_x

Edit: Ah...maybe because the tickets aren't even for sale yet. Durrr...

Last edited by lumieregrl; 24th December 2010 at 04:48 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 05:13 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
Ayu doesn't produce music and performs cuz she loves humanity or wanna make the world a better place... it actually is her job =) It's where her money comes from... Maybe u didn't know, so, just saying...
I share your opinion!
Old 24th December 2010, 05:13 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Probably. They also probably aren't allowed to broadcast it for free while also having the live broadcast on SkyPerfecTV. It's either one or the other, I guess, and the TV one wins because it gets them more money than if they did it for free.

I mean, they're recording on the 31st for the people watching at home, for the DVD, and now for USTREAM. [probably using the TV footage, but still] I do wonder how many people will buy the tickets to watch it after the show has ended.

This sort of thing takes time (planning) and money to pull off. The tickets for CDL cost almost three times as much as the price they're asking for.

IMO, there's no reason for the attitude of "I'm going to download this anyway" when they've worked hard to try and get a stream up after having people request it. Yes, you can and will probably download it for free, but so what?
Nothing, when you try to charge someone for something like that you don't make it seem like you're doing them a favor... All I am saying is that they shouldn've bothered at all, considering that when people requested a live streaming I am sure they didn't have this in mind ^^ And thanks for all their hard work, but they are getting paid after all, so who cares if they worked hard or not, it's their job.

And I meant the average concert not average Ayu concert ^^ For $40 you can see many other people LIVE. It's over-priced regardless of all that. What tokyoxjapanxfan makes sense though.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 24th December 2010 at 05:16 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:06 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post

So true. I for one think that they're probably going to do this uStream thing once, and never again. Why? Because 100+ people pester ayu and Max non-stop on Twitter about it, and when they realize they won't be getting it for free, noone uses the service. Sort of ungrateful, if you ask me.

Yeah $40 may be a tad expensive, but CDL is a very big deal afterall, people literally pay thousands to buy tickets to watch it live. I spent $600 last year just to get a STAND seat, not even ARENA.

Not to be rude, but people are asking too much, seriously. Yes, avex is a money-sucking machine, we knew that years ago, so get over it. You love ayu, fork out the money. You don't have the money, wait patiently for uploads. That's reality. It's just so unfair to the poor girl, she works her butt off for us and we want everything served to us on a silver platter, and still we nitpick and complain about every single little thing. Really pisses me off sometimes.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 24th December 2010, 06:15 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post
Not to be rude, but people are asking too much, seriously. Yes, avex is a money-sucking machine, we knew that years ago, so get over it. You love ayu, fork out the money. You don't have the money, wait patiently for uploads. That's reality. It's just so unfair to the poor girl, she works her butt off for us and we want everything served to us on a silver platter, and still we nitpick and complain about every single little thing. Really pisses me off sometimes.
That's beyond the point. If EMI can do it, I am sure avex can do it too if they wanted It doesn't matter though. As I said, when people asked for it, I am sure they had in mind the same thing Hikki's team did for her concert and not this. And they shouldn't pay just so it seems they're grateful, as no one is doing them any sort of favor Also you can hardly pity someone who loves their work so much and I love Ayu to death, but I don't think people should take pity on her, as she is doing it for herself first and then for everyone else. That's reality as well.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Last edited by njanjayrp; 24th December 2010 at 06:18 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:18 PM
And Then Initiate

IMO, it seems silly to expect such things to be free. Just because some other artist did it once, it doesn't mean Ayu/Avex has to do it too. Not that it wouldn't be nice, but considering, as Misa-chan pointed out, how expensive it is and how Avex loves money, did you really expect any different? TANSTAAFL
Old 24th December 2010, 06:38 PM
Trauma Initiate

I think it should be free. First off, the tickets are overpriced. But it's the J-Pop Queen the fans are paying to see but it's also the experience. The experience of being not that far away from your idol, the experience of seeing all the special effects live, and the experience of hearing Ayu live in a stadium/arena.

Fans like me who can't afford to even by an album won't be able to dish out the money to have the experience. If I had the chance to watch CDL on the internet without a fee, I would be extremely happy. I wouldn't ask for anything more. But even though I would be watching on the internet at my home, I would be sad I wasn't there to experience it first hand like other fans are. So in the end, the people who are paying the money are not getting ripped off because it's streaming online for free.

And this isn't me being a selfish fan. This is me saying to other fans that there is no reason why streaming it live is a bad idea. CDL tickets will still sell out and fans will still purchase the DVD or download it illegally.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:49 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
So in the end, the people who are paying the money are not getting ripped off because it's streaming online for free.
I think that they probably did the math with a free (but incomplete without an encore like now) broadcast vs. what they ended up with and probably figured that the latter was more profitable and made more sense to them from a business point of view.

IDEALLY, yes, a free broadcast would be best for everyone a la Utada's concert and Do As Infinity's CDL which will be broadcast on Nico Nico Douga without a fee, but there's probably some reason for charging customers for viewing the concert. What the reason is, I don't know, but I'm sure that it's a good one.

The demo video seems to be linked to here, but there are no clickable links yet
http://avexnet.or.jp/ayu/cdl2010-2011/

IMO, people shouldn't complain since they were probably going to download the CDL ripped from the SkyPerfecTV broadcast anyway. It's terrible to say "Oh, you want me to pay that much? Never mind even though we begged for this. Downloading the concert illegally anyway!" when they (Kome) probably pulled a ton of strings to make the stream possible. Maybe next time it'll be available without a charge... or maybe even parts of AT10 will be online for free? But for now, this is what we have and it's a pretty good deal, I think. Kudos to anyone who will be watching the USTREAM live~ I hope it turns out well! I'll be around trying to get a setlist on the 29th/30th~

Last edited by truehappiness; 24th December 2010 at 06:54 PM.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:53 PM
And Then Initiate

lol They're going to show music videos for two hours before the broadcast? Interesting.
Old 24th December 2010, 06:55 PM
July 1st Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by njanjayrp View Post
That's beyond the point. If EMI can do it, I am sure avex can do it too if they wanted It doesn't matter though. As I said, when people asked for it, I am sure they had in mind the same thing Hikki's team did for her concert and not this. And they shouldn't pay just so it seems they're grateful, as no one is doing them any sort of favor Also you can hardly pity someone who loves their work so much and I love Ayu to death, but I don't think people should take pity on her, as she is doing it for herself first and then for everyone else. That's reality as well.
Just because EMI did it doesn't mean every other company who does UStream will have to follow. The fact is that avex chose not to screen it free, and there's nothing we can do about it. Yea, people had Hikki's thing in mind when they asked for ayu to do UStream, they also assumed that it'll be free, which as most people who know avex will tell them, it's just wishful thinking.

I'm not saying the people who asked for this need to pay just to seem grateful. I'm saying it's ungrateful that the same people who asked and who doubtless caused much trouble for ayu and her team just to cater to them are the same ones complaining now because they assumed it would be free and are pissed off because it isn't, and will probably not bother paying for it. Nobody bothered asking if the service could be provided free, everyone just assumed it will be. This whole thing is going to fail spectacularly because of that one hopeful assumption, and I find it just sad.

Anyway, ayu doesn't need pity. It's just such a shameful waste that her efforts to please her fans just earn her more criticism. She could have just ignored all those requests for UStream, but she didn't. She's wonderful like that, and it's horrible how some people never seem to realize that.

Visit: Misa-chan’s J-pop blog ♪

Old 24th December 2010, 06:56 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Yeah, it's basically the same as the TV broadcast. I guess they're going to be airing a preempted-for-a-few-hours version of the SkyPerfecTV broadcast that generally has PVs playing and audience shots before the concert starts.

I wonder just how "good" your connection has to be for this... doesn't seem like anyone with DSL or higher should have issues though.
Old 24th December 2010, 07:00 PM
WONDERLAND Initiate

You know it, some ppl always find something to complain, they all want everything for free.
I personally won´t watch the stream, for me personally it´s too much money and my net is too unstable atm. I will just wait for the broadcast + the DVD (I´ll buy the DVD anyways, so I think there is nothing wrong downloading the TV Version^^)

Arena Tour 2012 A ~HOTEL Love Songs~ Marine Messe Fukuoka ~ 21.04.2012
Arena Tour 2015 A ~Cirque de Minuit~ Osaka Jo Hall ~ 25.04.2015
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 07.04.2018
Arena Tour 2018 ~POWER OF MUSIC 20th Anniversary~ Saitama Super Arena ~ 08.04.2018
25th Anniversary Live Tour ~ Beisia Culture Hall Gunma ~ 04.11.2023
Old 24th December 2010, 07:01 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
You know it, some ppl always find something to complain, they all want everything for free.
IMO, it's a miracle that they managed to put this entire thing together despite not really being planned initially.
Old 24th December 2010, 07:03 PM
And Then Initiate

See, I usually watch this kind of thing once and then never again...so this is great. It's cheaper than the dvd, and I don't have to download a torrent. *shrug*
Old 24th December 2010, 07:10 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Misa-chan View Post

I'm not saying the people who asked for this need to pay just to seem grateful. I'm saying it's ungrateful that the same people who asked and who doubtless caused much trouble for ayu and her team just to cater to them are the same ones complaining now because they assumed it would be free and are pissed off because it isn't, and will probably not bother paying for it. Nobody bothered asking if the service could be provided free, everyone just assumed it will be. This whole thing is going to fail spectacularly because of that one hopeful assumption, and I find it just sad.

Anyway, ayu doesn't need pity. It's just such a shameful waste that her efforts to please her fans just earn her more criticism. She could have just ignored all those requests for UStream, but she didn't. She's wonderful like that, and it's horrible how some people never seem to realize that.
I wasn't really criticizing her ^^ she does what she can. It's avex's call in the end. I do agree that it's sad the whole thing will fail, I guess in the end it all will seem as a big misunderstanding and I am just afraid that in the future they will think twice before doing stuff for international fans.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 24th December 2010, 07:14 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think that the Japanese users who generally want to see CDL might jump at this opportunity. Not many overseas fans will probably do this, but I think that there will be quite a few out there paying for the stream despite this initial "What? This isn't free?" reaction.

Tags
cdl10-11, countdown live 2010-2011, do it again, love songs, ustream