Thoughts on PCDL '08-'09 - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Chat-Room

Notices

Old 3rd January 2009, 11:30 AM
everlasting dream Initiate

Still haven't seen it, but she sounds great! ^-^ I'm loving POWDER SNOW, especially the ending ~yuki yamu made~.

Personally I think it's all live, remember how upset she was when during Asia Tour 2007 some famous Chinese guy claimed she was lipsyncing? Ayu works hard to try reach perfection, so I doubt she would 'cheat' in such a way. (Though I can understand faking one or two songs with such a long setlist and an injury.)
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:33 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ayumi_lover View Post
^well, i'm still fan of Ayu, ut I'm disappointed in this show, but I have to admit that because it's really long and problems with Ayu's hand they recorded lipsynch to more songs than planned
I don't know what her hand would have to do with her singing though. If anything, you would cut down more of the dancing, not the singing right? Plus I think thats a really short amount of time to have rerecorded those songs after the surgery.

Quote:
Originally Posted by tenshi no hane View Post
Still haven't seen it, but she sounds great! ^-^ I'm loving POWDER SNOW, especially the ending ~yuki yamu made~.

Personally I think it's all live, remember how upset she was when during Asia Tour 2007 some famous Chinese guy claimed she was lipsyncing? Ayu works hard to try reach perfection, so I doubt she would 'cheat' in such a way. (Though I can understand faking one or two songs with such a long setlist and an injury.)
Watch it first. Also, not saying that she did lip synch asia tour 2007 but it has been proven that she lip synched in the past and most likely lip synched at least Evolution at AT 07.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 11:37 AM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 11:48 AM
End roll Initiate

Location: At the forbidden place where I am waiting to fly away
Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I don't know what her hand would have to do with her singing though. If anything, you would cut down more of the dancing, not the singing right? Plus I think thats a really short amount of time to have rerecorded those songs after the surgery.

Watch it first. Also, not saying that she did lip synch asia tour 2007 but it has been proven that she lip synched in the past and most likely lip synched at least Evolution at AT 07.
Evolution is not lip synced...No one has proved that....

Despite Its Brightness

It Is A Gloomy Sky...

Old 3rd January 2009, 11:58 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi View Post
Check the enquiries section. It is most likely. But that wasn't the proven instance I was speaking of anyways.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:05 PM
End of the World Initiate

I actually find it really sick when someone says...
"She's too good, it's suspicious."
We have to continuously break down these concerts on this forum, and go through which one is lipsync, and not.
In reality, if you are questioning your fandom, you probably weren't a fan in the first place, always investigating if she lipsyncs or not.
I thought fans were supposed to support the artist, and not always look for faults??????
The fact is that you really cannot prove that she lipsynced anything, unless there's a big mistake in lyrics.
They fact she makes facial expressions is your only proof is quite sad, and really, it always brings down the mood of a thread.
Also saying that she would go to "great lengths" to fool everybody,
Like pretending to struggle through songs is also quite sad.. it's also hurting to many fans, because it's saying "she's not honest."
If you have those opinions, I think it's preferred you to make another thread dedicated to lipsyncing, or investigating it, because now, the only thing we will talk about is lipsyncing.
It always happens.
All of a sudden SunshineSlayer mentions and how she lipsynced songs in AT 2007 there, which has nothing to do with countdown live 2008 - 2009.
And then people bring proof, and defend, and attack, and it just gets tired.
Honestly, if you dont wanna to be a fan anymore, go ahead.
I find it also funny that Japanese fans never talk about this in the mixi groups, and I just wonder why its not the same here.

I really honestly think maybe she lipsynced one or two high energy songs, but other than that, there are many moments in each song which are out of tune.
Also in a few songs, you can hear a change in volume with her moving her mic and stuff.
But I will not argue about it, because obviously, the people who continuously talk about her lipsyncing will not change their minds.
So I wish we could ban the talking of lipsyncing, and only allow it in a lipsync thread... I really wish that.

I really loved this countdown, the spectacle was so nice, I only could watch about half of it right now,
My friend is downloading it, and letting me watch it as it goes~ (I am at her house~)
I have no idea about these downloading programs! ahaha.

Her vocals are not perfect, but a change from last year!
And again, I really really love Maro's dance with her~~~ I wanna see it again and again LOL
I really, really love And Then!! I wish she sang the whole song...
And I really... cant stand Heartplace in the first place. ahaha.
So I dont care about that performance, but it was good.

But I loved Mirrorcle World mp3, so I can't wait until the performance is able to be seen.
I also didnt hear the encore yet, so of course I wanna to hear that one.
And Surreal! I was surprised that she could step up the vocals this year. haha

Overall, it was a really good performance. So spots here and there, but when it's 3 and half hour performance~ you can forgive a lot ahahhaa
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:16 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by maikaru View Post
I actually find it really sick when someone says...
"She's too good, it's suspicious."
That's totally not the reason. It may be PART of it, but the main reason as several people have stated (including people who don't usually suspect Ayu of lip synching) is that her lip movements are off/unnatural/just plain weird in several of the songs. And there is no deny that at least Angel's Song was lip synched - it is totally proven if you've seen it. The same thing with that part of Over.

Seriously, the mismatched lip movements happen a lot, thats why I'm hoping its just the file. If it turns out that Ayu really did sing this good in most of the songs, I'll jump for joy.

Quote:
In reality, if you are questioning your fandom, you probably weren't a fan in the first place, always investigating if she lipsyncs or not.
That is complete and total BS. If I'm not a "fan" I certainly wouldn't have gone to Japan several times just to see her in concert (6 times now). And I don't see how investigating her lipsynching means that you are questioning your fandom as well.

Quote:
All of a sudden SunshineSlayer mentions and how she lipsynced songs in AT 2007 there, which has nothing to do with countdown live 2008 - 2009.
lol, completely ignore the fact that I was replying to someone else that brought it up.

People should actually watch the concert first and then realize why we are talking about this. As I've said, I have seen every Ayu live and NONE have jumped out in terms of lip synching as much as this one, not even close. If it had been one or two high energy songs like you say, then that would be fine - expected actually. But this is way more than that.

edit: actually its 7 times now...I'm losing track of things in my old age. And going back again in Feb. woo-hoo!

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 3rd January 2009 at 12:55 PM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:17 PM
Two of us Initiate

Ayu's Performance

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post

Well, if she's in pain, even if she's dancing less than usual, surely its possible her singing might be affected ? Give her a break, she was brave enough to go ahead and do the show so as not to disappoint the fans, surely that deserves our support, if nothing else ? Criticize constructively, but also remember Ayu is human, and not some machine. Cutting down one part does not balance up or have no effect on another.

So let's say you're correct, she lip synched on numerous occasions although she denies doing so. I give her the benefit of the doubt.
She may have lip-synced at AT07, ok, there's no smoke without fire. But I also believe that we do not know the full story behind all this lip synching, but I CHOOSE to believe in Ayu, knowing how much lip synching amounts to a betrayal, to simply cheating her fans.

Last edited by ihulk2; 3rd January 2009 at 01:38 PM. Reason: First part of reply was in between quotes.
Old 3rd January 2009, 12:58 PM
Depend on you Initiate

If so, if she lip-synched A LOT this CDL, why didn't she do so last year, then? Why lipsynch evo at AT07, butcher Surreal at CDL 07-08, lipsynch Marionette and (d)Lma at AT08 (suggestions) and suddenly lipsynch CDL 08-09? It doesn't really make any sense to me...

IF she would have lip-synched she should have done it last year, but judging from what we heard back then she didn't.

Her vocals weren't the best last year and she didn't lyp-synch. Why wouls she do so this year. The day someone can answer that question I'll promise to eat my foot!
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:16 PM
Banned

WHY IS THERE NO SNOW FALLING DURING POWDER SNOW WTF

And why do we see Shuya 3/4th of the time during HOPE or PAIN?!!!

BTW at ~8:34, GREEN, her mouth doesn't match the words.

Last edited by Melrose; 3rd January 2009 at 02:31 PM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:36 PM
Two of us Initiate

Lip Synch Mania

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangkhung91 View Post
If so, if she lip-synched A LOT this CDL, why didn't she do so last year, then? Why lipsynch evo at AT07, butcher Surreal at CDL 07-08, lipsynch Marionette and (d)Lma at AT08 (suggestions) and suddenly lipsynch CDL 08-09? It doesn't really make any sense to me...

IF she would have lip-synched she should have done it last year, but judging from what we heard back then she didn't.

Her vocals weren't the best last year and she didn't lyp-synch. Why wouls she do so this year. The day someone can answer that question I'll promise to eat my foot!
To defend Ayu from lip synching now by questioning why if she didn't do so before when she could have, will not be convincing enough. Interesting, no doubt but inconclusive at best.

Put it this way, if Ayu were to read all this, how would she feel ?

Less than 48 hours after she put heart and soul out there for her fans, promising she and her team will shine brighter than before.

Did she manage to keep her promise ?

Surely her fans will understand and rally round her ?
She knows its impossible to please every fan, but surely if she gave it her best shot, they, of all people, would know and appreciate the effort ?

So, wouldn't they forgive any faults during the show because she was carrying an injury but still doing her damnest to put on a show for them ?

Or will she be disappointed and feel she has not done enough and let her legions of fans down ?

What say you ...
Old 3rd January 2009, 02:57 PM
Banned

Quote:
Originally Posted by yamogi View Post
Actually, I did, but then everyone ignored the subject after that~

BTW the ANGEL'S SONG bridge IS live, but the song itself is lip sync lol.

Last edited by Melrose; 3rd January 2009 at 03:03 PM.
Old 3rd January 2009, 03:15 PM
Don't look back Initiate

Fine...then let's just assumes she lipped the whole concert ok? and well, we no longer need proof that she doesnt lipsynch so all of your points are valid.

wheeeeeee~~~

its already NOT the first time this has been discussed. Are you saying that whenever there is a NEW concert, your mission to spot OFF-LIPs, open your ears to hear for OVERLY PERFECT parts, and everything else is gonna start again? Coz I think that's very pointless coz I don't know what you are trying to achieve in this.

(anyway, what is wrong with AHS?... I have been getting this message for like 3-4 days already "AHS is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.")
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:35 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^no, she lyp-synched 5-7 songs. Trauma is live 100% because on 30th she forgot words by report and on 31st she didn't, EndOfTheWorld also live because she doesb't pronounce clear etc. only 5-7 songs maximum is lipsych to make her voice rest, and what about Over i think she wasn't supposed to sing that line.
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:39 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thangkhung91 View Post

You pretty much answered your own question. The reasons she would be doing it now is that her vocals haven't exactly been great the last year have they? There are already two confirmed parts of the concert lip synched and there are several songs, that if you have seen it, there are definitely problems with her lip movements - so unless someone can prove that there is another reason for that, how can one not think that those might be lip synched as well? Please, please prove us wrong. (seriously, I want to be proved wrong. ^_^) I can't say 100% for sure that all those songs are lipped of course, just that there is something highly strange about many of them.

Quote:
Originally Posted by freedreamer View Post
Fine...then let's just assumes she lipped the whole concert ok? and well, we no longer need proof that she doesnt lipsynch so all of your points are valid.

wheeeeeee~~~

its already NOT the first time this has been discussed. Are you saying that whenever there is a NEW concert, your mission to spot OFF-LIPs, open your ears to hear for OVERLY PERFECT parts, and everything else is gonna start again? Coz I think that's very pointless coz I don't know what you are trying to achieve in this.

(anyway, what is wrong with AHS?... I have been getting this message for like 3-4 days already "AHS is temporarily unavailable. Please check back later.")
Way to blow things out of proportion. This IS the first time this is being discussed for this concert and the only other concert I brought this up in was A-Nation 08 and after AT08 I said that I thought DLMA and Marrionette were lip synched (after seeing it live myself). And right now, I'm only replying to everyone that either a) specifically asked my opinion or b) are seemingly trying to provoke me.
Of course there are good things about the concert as well and I will give a thorough review once I've had the time to take it all in but you can't ignore a major negative either and at least some of us would like to find out whether it is true or not beyond the two confirmed incidents. Why wouldn't you want to find out?
Old 3rd January 2009, 05:56 PM
GAME Initiate

Please, let's not make this into a discussion of what defines a supportive fan. Even if this turns out to be true I still plan on seeing her live someday, mainly because the woman continually makes damn good music and I love her for it. Otherwise, I'm falling less and less in love with the direction she's heading.. She seemingly spends more of her time rehearsing for concerts nowadays than actually recording music, and for what? to lip-synch half of an entire show? Seriously though, if you're going to lip-synch that much you mine as well use the original recording. I mean yeah, she made an effort alright.. to trick her fans into believing that she's actually singing. And now I better shut up before I say something I might regret later.
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:07 PM
Secret Initiate

Well, I listened to the MP3 of the whole concert

I really disliked her vocals on a lot of songs :/ (the SIGNAL ~ Hana ~ too late medley was so good until she made those disgusting vocals on too late)

and one thing the ruined a lot of the songs were her back-up vocalists. Peco and Princess
They just, omg they ruined it so much XD (I HATED them in the vogue performance ugh)
Old 3rd January 2009, 06:52 PM
End of the World Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Coelacanth View Post
Please, let's not make this into a discussion of what defines a supportive fan. Even if this turns out to be true I still plan on seeing her live someday, mainly because the woman continually makes damn good music and I love her for it. Otherwise, I'm falling less and less in love with the direction she's heading..She seemingly spends more of her time rehearsing for concerts nowadays than actually recording music, and for what? to lip-synch half of an entire show? Seriously though, if you're going to lip-synch that much you mine as well use the original recording. I mean yeah, she made an effort alright.. to trick her fans into believing that she's actually singing. And now I better shut up before I say something I might regret later.
I agree with the previous poster, lets just all agree this is lipsync, and therefore no need for argument.
Honestly, I dont really care if you plan to continue to go to her concerts, just slander her like this is really bad.
Talking in the mixi groups, no one would ever think to say these things.. "she's just pretending" "what is she doing?" "she is tricking us"
Because those are really slander things... it sounds like 2 channel.
I'm sorry if no one else agree, but that's not really right to say, especially when other people around really supports her.
If you have those opinions, isn't it better to keep it to yourself in a forum which supposed to support her?
Isn't it also hurtful to the fans that support her? I must be wrong, or I must be the only person who says that.

She could have cancelled everything, and not do this, but she wanted to celebrate with everyone.
I find it really sad and betraying for her if she put all this work into the Countdown, just for people to say "it's a fake."
She worked through things that any normal humans would run away from, and could still perform a great concert.
She said herself that she tells no lies, there are no lies in her music, or anything she does, so obviously, she doesn't "trick" people.
Isn't that enough to believe that this is a real concert, where maybe only 1 or 2 songs or lipsynced?
Honestly, it always feels like people are trying so hard to find ways to criticise her...
It's really sickening.
It's like you are saying "she's a fake, and she doesn't mean anything she says. All she does is make good music."
Unless I did not interpret what you said correctly. If I did, please correct me.

She has bad vocals, and she is untalented.
She has good vocals, and all of a sudden, she's a fake.

There is no winning.

You can tell to me how blind or how stupid I am all you want,
The fact is that what you are saying is hurtful.
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:00 PM
ayu trance Initiate

^YOU ARE MY HERO!!
well yeah, she used lyp-synch beause of PHYSICAL LIMITS, to save hr voice to sing Das&for my dear live. From all concrt only 5-7 songs as for me lip-synch but i'm sure only for 2-3. And she did such a big concert in a month. She was sincere there. So yeah, IT'S VERY GOOD CONCERT!!
Old 3rd January 2009, 07:05 PM
winding road Initiate

At least she's not like most singers who just lips their studio recordings, Ayu generally tries to record a live-sounding version to lipsynch too. I'd bet money that the reason is a long set list combined with her injury and the amount of pain meds she must have been on =/

I really like how she sounds, I can't wait to watch it

Old 3rd January 2009, 07:23 PM
BEST Initiate

I just started watching it and my first comment is: you can actually see Ayu's tattoo!

Also, the dragons looked like muppets. Haha.

Tags
08-09, pcdl, premature, thoughts