New single 'Feel the love / Merry-go-round' out 12/25 [III] - Page 10 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Old 5th January 2014, 01:38 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Still waiting for the iTunes US store release... might be faster just to order the single and have it shipped...

Book collector, avid reader, writer, cat owner, part time owl who listens to JPOP, KPOP, metal, soundtracks, and instrumental music.

Old 5th January 2014, 02:21 PM
Rock'n'Roll Circus Initiate

Debate about ayu vs. namie sales= LOL.

Look at the sales between Love again vs. FEEL.

no competition. regardless of the reasons. and ayu is my number 1, 2, and 3. but i'm being realistic.

教えてよねぇあなたならこの時代をどう生きる
Ayu Concerts I've Attended:
Arena Tour 2013: A BEST LIVE
Arena Tour 2015: Cirque de Minuit
Arena Tour 2016: MADE IN JAPAN

You can find me on the gram: https://www.instagram.com/b_utifulfighter/
Old 7th January 2014, 11:42 AM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by owlflight View Post
Still waiting for the iTunes US store release... might be faster just to order the single and have it shipped...
I don't think that's gonna happen anytime soon. They still have yet to upload love again I believe.
Even with namie, nothing substantial past Past<future.
Old 10th January 2014, 09:38 PM
Dolls Initiate

Anywhere I can see the interview from the FC version? I just downloaded the ISO from Jpopsuke but it doesn't open :/
Old 11th January 2014, 12:10 AM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SKYia View Post
Anywhere I can see the interview from the FC version? I just downloaded the ISO from Jpopsuke but it doesn't open :/
It says on Jpopsuki that this should open on Windows Media Player
Old 11th January 2014, 01:25 AM
rainy day Initiate

Quote:
You can open .iso files using VLC player
Old 11th January 2014, 08:47 AM
Dolls Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jiarongisme View Post
You can open .iso files using VLC player
I know and I can open all of my ISO with VLC player but I can't open this one :/
Old 11th January 2014, 12:37 PM
ayu-ro mix 2 Initiate

Quote:
I know and I can open all of my ISO with VLC player but I can't open this one :/
Yeah, it says so on JPS. Did you try opening it on WMP?
Old 14th January 2014, 04:37 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Flower just released a digital single featuring VERBAL too!! LOL

Last edited by brener; 14th January 2014 at 04:39 AM.
Old 14th January 2014, 01:46 PM
Beautiful Day Initiate

Who is flower though?
Old 14th January 2014, 02:26 PM
ourselves Initiate

seriously I saw people mention Flower a lot but I dont know whos them LOL
Old 14th January 2014, 02:55 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

Just a random girlgroup who's gained a lot of popularity and also released a single on Dec. 25th (wich ranked higher than Feel the love).
Old 17th January 2014, 09:20 PM
Over Initiate

I listened/watched the single today and overall i like it. MGR Pv is really beautiful and the song is also awesome. FTL is actually cool and the song isn't bad.
I really like this single but I prefer ballads, and I really hope that if she release a new single is a ballad

thanks ownsarai

Last edited by toniayu; 17th January 2014 at 10:19 PM.
Old 17th January 2014, 10:53 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by ayumisrael View Post
Namie has a chance of selling better but that's because she has a constant great promo and marketing, getting 2 songs from the single in fashion CMs (and of popular brands AKA gucchi) reminding the public she still exists, she also enjoys the leftovers of her 2nd peak, so yeah she still might do better. On the other hand she's still declining. But her management does good damn job to make it really slow, especially if she will release a best this year or the next, namie still gets great, really great promo. Let alone the first a-side being a ballad which the public love. Namie's management is awesome. ayu and kuu don't seem really interested on being kept in such a way in the spotlight, or else they would try to promote themselves like in the past, like namie, which will be in their present position in some time. Her management helped her make the public love her (kinda like hikki, maybe even more) and she got really lucky with that. So yeah, namie's single might sell better than ayu's, but it really doesn't say anything. Non got the slowest decline ever, which ayu had. ayu's decline was like a really safe, fun and enjoyable getting off the mountain.
A lot of what you said is true. However, I actually think that the lack of promotion from Avex for Ayu is because over the years, they have seen dwindling returns for their investment. They are not putting a ton of money into promo for Ayu anymore because from their perspective its not worth it since it doesn't seem to make much difference. A lot of this comes down to general public opinion. I hope that anyone that lives in Japan would agree with me that general public opinion of Ayu is not good and hasn't been for a number of years. Kuu falls into the same boat, though not as bad. No amount of promo is going to significantly help their sales until they have a better public image to start with. Namie however is generally highly favored by the public so she is a much better/less risky property for investment so companies are willing to throw their money after her. How did Namie manage this? I'm not even sure. Though I suspect a big part of it has been keeping her private life private, still managing to maintain an air of mystery about herself, and letting the quality of her releases speak for themselves.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 17th January 2014 at 11:09 PM.
Old 17th January 2014, 11:06 PM
INSPIRE Initiate

aiko is releasing a single on the same day so namie won't get #1 either, but yeah, she might do better than Feel the love since her TSUKI it's a ballad and she usually has more longevity than ayu

Last edited by brener; 17th January 2014 at 11:08 PM.
Old 18th January 2014, 12:58 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

aiko and Namie, i like both, but who will get better sales ?

TWICE

Old 18th January 2014, 01:26 AM
æternal Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
A lot of what you said is true. However, I actually think that the lack of promotion from Avex for Ayu is because over the years, they have seen dwindling returns for their investment. They are not putting a ton of money into promo for Ayu anymore because from their perspective its not worth it since it doesn't seem to make much difference. A lot of this comes down to general public opinion. I hope that anyone that lives in Japan would agree with me that general public opinion of Ayu is not good and hasn't been for a number of years. Kuu falls into the same boat, though not as bad. No amount of promo is going to significantly help their sales until they have a better public image to start with. Namie however is generally highly favored by the public so she is a much better/less risky property for investment so companies are willing to throw their money after her. How did Namie manage this? I'm not even sure. Though I suspect a big part of it has been keeping her private life private, still managing to maintain an air of mystery about herself, and letting the quality of her releases speak for themselves.
I'm not really sure if i'd agree or not. But as someone living here in Japan and has a broader sight of what's been happening over the years, Ayu hasn't been that such a "bad name" in the industry. Perhaps the m-station and all her relationships seems negative however, she hasn't had any scandals/mistakes like how Kuu have had few years back.

Ayu's name, however, is really silent these days here in Japan. Perhaps lack of promotion. and I feel like Ayu's doing it on purpose. She's happy on what she's doing now and I guess she doesn't even bother on the chart/sales.

As what i can see, she's more focusing on her fans now who's been her side all the years. Its just a sad part of life. New generations are being
born. Guess what, my little sister doesn't even know who Ayu is. LOL

facebook | instagram | twitter

Old 18th January 2014, 03:16 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by hayasaki View Post
I'm not really sure if i'd agree or not. But as someone living here in Japan and has a broader sight of what's been happening over the years, Ayu hasn't been that such a "bad name" in the industry. Perhaps the m-station and all her relationships seems negative however, she hasn't had any scandals/mistakes like how Kuu have had few years back.

Ayu's name, however, is really silent these days here in Japan. Perhaps lack of promotion. and I feel like Ayu's doing it on purpose. She's happy on what she's doing now and I guess she doesn't even bother on the chart/sales.

As what i can see, she's more focusing on her fans now who's been her side all the years. Its just a sad part of life. New generations are being
born. Guess what, my little sister doesn't even know who Ayu is. LOL
It's a very common strategy for artists to deal with both long term superexposition and the fact that the actual generation negates the past one (the "I won't listen to old artists because they are old" thing). Namie did face the same thing for most of the 00s after being so massive during the 90s, and she needed almost a decade to recover (when things went from "I won't listen to this artists because they are old" to "How can you NOT listen to this artists? They are classics!")

If Ayu play her cards right, she may get another big hit in the future, and if she plays her cards really well, have another big moment...

Namie knew how to use her newfound success well... Seiko had her biggest hit ever during the lowest moment of her career and it did nothing to her on the long run...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 18th January 2014, 07:47 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by adantatu2 View Post
aiko and Namie, i like both, but who will get better sales ?
of course aiko will do better, her singles always sells around 60k~90k copies
Old 18th January 2014, 10:18 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
exactly

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, dj hello kitty, feel the love, hamasaki ayumi, m-flo, merry-go-round, new single 2013