CDJapan vs Yesasia. - Page 3 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat

Notices

Old 20th October 2009, 08:54 PM
immature Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by oneheart View Post

Seems like yesasia's packing kinda sucks!
You can tell them to use better packaging when you order, and they will. I ask them everytime to use extra bubble wrap and a box, which they do, it's even noted on my order slip, haha.

Old 21st October 2009, 01:04 AM
Initiate

I personally don't really like Yesasia. I ordered from them before and it was a kinda bad experience. :\ (Ordered a Japanese version CD, got an overseas. Tried to contact them about it and they ignored me. >.< A few months later (no, I'm being serious ) they FINALLY responded, saying I could send it back and they'd give me the right one. I requested a refund, but they wanted me to just get another copy from them. I ended up just giving the copy to a friend and ordering from CDJapan. ) I've actually heard of many people having similar problems with them, too, so everything has turned me off.
Aside from that, I can't always find what I want there. (In their defence, though, I want kinda obscure stuff.) Plus, I like CDJapan's coupon system better. Oh, and I used to strictly not want to order from them because they didn't count towards Oricon, but that doesn't much matter now...

I love CDJapan, except for the fact that their shipping is ungodly. I've heard some people say it's cheaper for them with CDJapan, so I guess it's where I live. But it really sucks. I'm talkin' fifty USD for a few CDs. O_O I should try HMV....
Old 21st October 2009, 01:11 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by keepsgettinbetter View Post
You can tell them to use better packaging when you order, and they will. I ask them everytime to use extra bubble wrap and a box, which they do, it's even noted on my order slip, haha.
yeaah! i do that too! extra bubbly protection~~ the only thing that ticks me off is that the boxes i always get is like 2x BIGGER than all the cds stuck together in bubble wrap, and the bubbles are all popped... so it does nothing LOL TT_____TT

this is "do or die", baby.

♥ made by pepicoladas

Old 21st October 2009, 01:22 AM
Sexy little things Protector

I've only ordered from Yesasia, but I've never had any of these problems that others have had (though I've heard them happening a lot).

Everything that I've ordered has come withing 7 days; and in fact, when I preordered Se7en's third album I got it before it had even been released! O_O And that was within 3 days of my order date! And nothing that I have ordered has been damaged, and I get free shipping for being in the US. Which is my biggest reason for buying from them. And most of the thing's I've wanted are cheaper at YA than at CDJ.
Old 21st October 2009, 02:04 AM
CAROLS Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by labello View Post
2) Did anyone ever have to pay toll for your stuff? Yesasia says they'll pay it for me but I am not sure how.
I live in Germany and here you have to pay toll if your stuff is over 22€. I ordered stuff for 50€ and I am really worried that I have to pay toll.

how long it takes really depends on many things

but the toll thing I always have a HUUUUUUUUUUUUGE toll cost with CDjapan
but nothing at all with yesasia even with 250€ orders

I dont see the problem with yesasias packing?
it is always 10 times over perfect when I order

Old 23rd October 2009, 09:13 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

in case if anyone can't see the previous two photos i posted,this is more clear and close up

Old 23rd October 2009, 06:50 PM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by labello View Post
I have a question for the people who order from yseasia and live in Europe:
I ordered for the first time from yesasia and yesterday they shipped out my stuff.

1) I would like to know how long it usually takes, a estimation would be enough for me

2) Did anyone ever have to pay toll for your stuff? Yesasia says they'll pay it for me but I am not sure how.
I live in Germany and here you have to pay toll if your stuff is over 22€. I ordered stuff for 50€ and I am really worried that I have to pay toll.
1.) About 7-14 days. Usually a week to Germany.

2.) No, never! Cause they send your stuff signed as a gift. Even big orders. I love them for that, cause every order from CDJapan over 20€ sticks with the toll. And with the expensive shipping, CDJapan isn't an option especially for bigger orders, cause the toll will be expensive as well and you have to pay twice.
Old 23rd October 2009, 06:57 PM
Heartplace Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by nemesisyume View Post

I dont see the problem with yesasias packing?
it is always 10 times over perfect when I order

I used to not mind it, but now I pretty much always get broken or cracked CD cases. >> In my most recent order, I got like 6 CDs with regular jewel cases, and they were basically ALL broken and cracked. It was very frustrating. :<
Old 23rd October 2009, 07:10 PM
ayu trance Initiate

i like CDJapan because i've never gotten anything cracked, everything has been immaculate, and i get my order 2 days before the release date. i don't mind paying the extra shipping since they're so efficient. i bought Kuu's TRICK tour goods from yesasia since they didn't have them on CDJapan and it took forever for me to get them.
Old 23rd October 2009, 09:47 PM
independent Initiate

Vielen, vielen Dank Corvina
(Ich weiß was du meinst mit dem Zoll, ich musste so viel für meine NEXT LEVEL 2cd+dvd zahlen~)
And of course thanks to neme as well~

If your right corvina my package may arrive on monday (*o*)
Old 24th October 2009, 10:37 AM
Crazy 4 U H-Initiate

Kein Problem, das sind ja nur die Erfahrungen, die ich gemacht habe.^^ Ich habe mit meiner ersten Bestellung von CDJapan verdammt viel Zoll zahlen müssen, weil ich nicht dran gedacht habe - ich bin verwöhnt von YesAsia, die benutze ich seit knapp 3 Jahren. XD

I hope so, but I'm sure you'll get it next week. My packages came within 7-10 days most of the time, just once it needed more than 14 days.
Old 24th October 2009, 11:19 AM
Gut it-pez Initiate

I go for YesAsia just for the free shipping.
Old 24th October 2009, 08:20 PM
Initiate

Aaaa, the German! I can't read it. ;_;

I was gonna actually try Yesasia one more time, but now I'm scared that I'll get cracked cases...
Old 24th October 2009, 09:42 PM
Initiate

I have used both CDJapan and YesAsia and I definitely prefer YesAsia! CDJapan shipping costs are very expensive so I always usea YA because I can get the same item for less money. Now, I'll tell you the problems I've had with them and how were they solved!

YesAsia
In 2007 I used to received my packages in 6-8 days but now it takes 10-14 days. I think it's not YA fault but the mailwoman who is the laziest woman in the world. Once she told me that she had not brought me the package because it was too heavy (and it only contained 3 albums...). Anyway, last year I received a cracked case so I sent them an e-mail and they answered me back in 5 hours telling me they were terribly sorry and they gave me a $5 coupon and they sent me a new case!! Everytime I have asked them something they have replied quickly so I don't know why some people complain about the customers service. I still use YesAsia and I'm happy with their service!!

CDJapan
When I started to order J-pop online I used to use CDJapan and I had no problem with them. Later, I realized YA was much cheaper so I started to order with them. However, after I received a broken case in one of my orders I got pissed off so I decided to use CDJapan again and I wish I hadn't done it. I ordered Koda Kumi's Kingdom CD+2DVD *First Press* and I chose Registered Air Mail as the shipping method. Well, after 15 days I had not received my package. I asked at the post office and they told me they didn't know anything so I e-mailed them. They answered one day later and I was told to wait one more week. I did what they told me and I waited for my CD. After 7 days, I still hadn't received it so I contact them once again. They told me to wait a bit more... I got really angry because I wanted a solution and I was tired of waiting. Finally, after waiting 3 days for a reply they told me they would send me a new package but without the poster (Kingdom's first press) because it was sold out... I received my album one month and two weeks after I placed the order! I think I won't order from CDJapan again because this fact.
Old 25th October 2009, 01:56 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

actually despite my abudance hatred towards YesAsia (LOL) , I have to agree that their customer service's very friendly

it beats HMV HK whom I find them real arrogant when I emailed them though grr but I'm sorry to hear about your bad experiences with CDJapan because I have been using them for a while & I find them great despite the somewhat crazy shipping prices

& the way that they package my stuff are good/solid too

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 7th July 2010, 05:14 AM
1 LOVE Initiate

Thanks for all the info guys

TWICE

Tags
cdjapan, yesasia