LOVE again vs. FEEL - Page 2 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Music Forums > Asian Music Chat > Asian Music Polls

Notices

View Poll Results: Which album do you like better?
LOVE again 52 35.37%
FEEL 95 64.63%
Voters: 147. You may not vote on this poll

Old 22nd July 2013, 11:10 AM
Sky high Protector

Love again for me is better than FEEL. The day after I listened to FEEL, I wasn't able to remember any of the melodies. Namie just follow what western music give to us nowadays. If I listen to Japanese music it's not hear the same music that we have here. With Love again, Ayu give us a nice album with thoughtful lyrics. The music is not innovative, but it's Ayu's style. Her album is full of feelings.
Old 22nd July 2013, 03:22 PM
MY STORY Initiate

Easy choice. FEEL because it's more of my taste and I feel every song on the album. LOVE again, even if I like it more now, still makes me feel bored.

You can find me from these too:
~ Facebook
~ Instagram
~ AO3

Old 23rd July 2013, 03:45 AM
from your letter Initiate

I chose FEEL, love songs was forgetful.
Old 23rd July 2013, 08:14 AM
NOTHING FROM NOTHING Initiate

wow...comparing a Japanese album with an English album?
LA is a grower for me. it sounds old-fashioned cohesive Ayu, like ASFXX.

FEEL has many highlights eg Alive, HoM-to-Supernaturalove but the songs are mostly short. and a different team writing each song, i feel its a little uncommon to use too many songwriters. My 1st fav is Alive, but its the only song of its kind in FEEL. With these many songwriters and this level of ambition, FEEL(below 43min) is too short for me. also, not a cohesive album.
Old 27th July 2013, 01:40 AM
ever free Initiate

In my humble opinion both albums sound generic but for different reasons.

Ayumi has become too comfortable with her productions and it shows. Ayu incessantly releases what is expected of her and "Love again" is a prime example of that. It gets tiring after a while. I dont' feel Namie brought anything new to the table with "FEEL" aside from her obvious accent. She basically jumped on the "what's popular" bandwagon and the album seemed characterless because of it. She didn't focus on making herself stand out as an entertainer and followed what others were doing instead.

However, Namie is the only major female J-pop singer who goes out her way to change her sound at the cost of extreme criticism. I applaud her for that. That automatically gives her the winning edge for me.

"FEEL" wins in my book.

Old 27th July 2013, 01:46 AM
PAPER DOLL Initiate

FEEL is now my favorite Namie Amuro album <3

Sadly, LOVE again is my least favorite Ayu album now.
Old 27th July 2013, 09:52 PM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Lady~Deviance View Post
In my humble opinion both albums sound generic but for different reasons.

Ayumi has become too comfortable with her productions and it shows. Ayu incessantly releases what is expected of her and "Love again" is a prime example of that. It gets tiring after a while. I dont' feel Namie brought anything new to the table with "FEEL" aside from her obvious accent. She basically jumped on the "what's popular" bandwagon and the album seemed characterless because of it. She didn't focus on making herself stand out as an entertainer and followed what others were doing instead.

However, Namie is the only major female J-pop singer who goes out her way to change her sound at the cost of extreme criticism. I applaud her for that. That automatically gives her the winning edge for me.

"FEEL" wins in my book.
Well, Party queen was something I didn't expect from Ayu at all. I think neither of her fans did... and that album was not released like 5 or 10 years ago, but 1 year ago; so I have to disagree, Ayu has not become that comfortable with her productions, as that album shows.
Back on topic, I prefer FEEL, it has the strongest tracks from both in my opinion.

Last edited by Cahz-; 27th July 2013 at 09:56 PM.
Old 28th July 2013, 11:00 PM
ever free Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Cahz- View Post
Well, Party queen was something I didn't expect from Ayu at all. I think neither of her fans did... and that album was not released like 5 or 10 years ago, but 1 year ago; so I have to disagree, Ayu has not become that comfortable with her productions, as that album shows.
Back on topic, I prefer FEEL, it has the strongest tracks from both in my opinion.
Using "Party Queen" as an example isn't very convincing since she didn't stick with that sound and went back into a state of regression. The mere fact that she went back to her usual comfortable sound with "Love again" after the release of "Party Queen" is my whole point. Ayumi lacks consistency.

Old 29th July 2013, 12:23 AM
Endless sorrow Initiate

^
I know I'm off topic, but always changing styles and reinventing herself is more or less Ayu's trademark. She usually never really stays the same, she tried a lot, it's just with LOVE again that she played rather safe (and with FIVE, lol, why do I always forget FIVE exists?)

Hello new me...

Old 29th July 2013, 01:41 AM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

FEEL it's indeed a great pop album and among jpop scene nowadays, it's like a breath of fresh air.
Alive, Poison, Contrail and Stardust in my Eyes are such gorgeous songs . Alive, it's quickly become one of my Namie's favorites ever.
Unfortunately, overall FEEL sounds so generic and it's only good for times you're craving for some fun and catchy songs. There's anything bad about this though, music can't be only meaningful lyrics or virtuosity. I really liked how Namie found her new style in a more cohesive way than that huge mess Uncontrolled was. But I doubt I'll remember all FEEL tracks, excepted for my favorite ones. Because I could find the same style on a average pop western singer or kpop one.

LOVE again in the other hand, lacks creativity and Ayu's playing more safely this time.
Imho, LOVE again is not her worst album but isn't on my Ayu top 5 neither. It's way way lower. However singles (yep, I still refuse to call them mini-albums lol) are so good they sound wasted for LOVE again. Although Bye-bye darling is the only album track that really stands out among others. That guitar at the beginning it's so damn good.
I know she worked really hard, as always, but while listening to LOVE again I feel Ayu didn't really expressed herself this time.
She seemed forced to play safely, maybe to please japanese listeners due to her lacks of popularity. Just my opinions though, don't states them as facts.

Namie wins mostly because of her confidence, not really musically wise imo, and I'm happy she sells so well. I wish Ayu could learn from her for her next album, because I can't believe just two years ago she released a masterpiece as BRILLANTE and now she seems scared to trying something new.

LOL sorry for the wall of text

Last edited by Kazeyomi; 29th July 2013 at 01:44 AM.
Old 29th July 2013, 01:52 AM
Who... Initiate

FEEL is a great album, it's really fun to listen to, and it's pretty much been my summer anthem album.

Buuut LOVE again is musically superior, even if it isn't even all that artistic compared to Ayu's other albums. Still, Ayu's least substantial album is still leagues ahead of any Namie album in terms of substance LOVE again just has more longevity for me, and has a lot more songs that I feel as opposed to... well, FEEL's, which are fun and poppy and generic but probably won't get much out of me after a while. The songs that I keep coming back to are the ones that leave some kind of emotional impact. FEEL does none of that, simple as that.

Still a really good album though
Old 29th July 2013, 02:02 AM
walking proud Initiate

Oh there is no comparison. Feel is one of Namie's best albums and Love Again ranks among some of Ayu's worst. It's just not even close.
Old 29th July 2013, 02:47 AM
LIKE A CRYSTAL H-Initiate

I find myself listening to Party Queen a lot more than LOVE again so that's saying a lot just how much I feel towards the latter

At least you know upfront you will not feel cheated with regards to the release structure of Party Queen unlike LOVE again

Dedicated BRZ fan since 2008 debut single ♪ | team brz member ♥ | BREAKERZ BIRTHDAY PARTY 2024 ♥

My JPop Blog | My Twitter | BRZ Thread 47 | BRZ LiveJournal | BRZ Official Site

Old 1st August 2013, 10:47 AM
BRILLANTE Initiate

Sorry Ayu, I have to say FEEL
Old 1st August 2013, 03:06 PM
UNITE! Initiate

Love again
Old 1st August 2013, 07:34 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Love again has personality, it has Ayu written all over it. But is among her most boring releases ever.

FEEL has no personality, and save for 1 or 2 tracks anyone could have released it for the same effect, but is a hell of a fun album.

Love again is a let down after Love songs and Party Queen, Ayu's 2 strongest albums to date IMO.

FEEL was a good surprise after Uncontrolled, that may be the less creative and most generic pop album I ever heard, but is no match for PAST<FUTURE.

So... I guess FEEL?

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 2nd August 2013, 05:26 PM
winding road H-Initiate

LOVE again, because I still think that FEEL is a really weak album and way too generic western pop... LOVE again is weak as well, but FEEL is even (a lot) weaker imo (Before the release I had a really good feeling that FEEL would be for sure a lot better than LOVE again, but turns out that I got disappointed at it instead, it's my least favorite Namie's album released after 2003 ).

Old 3rd August 2013, 06:57 PM
End of the World Initiate

My thoughts on LOVE again:
Spoiler:
The reason why I pick FEEL over LOVE again is because I feel (unintentional pun) that FEEL is more memorable than LOVE again. Whether you like the album or not, FEEL was certainly a new direction for Namie and I really appreciate that she keeps trying new things and doesn't stick to one tired style. I think that LOVE again was a step in the wrong direction for Ayu. In my opinion, Party Queen was so original and different for Ayu, and instead of continuing on in that vein with LOVE again she went backwards and produced something very similar to Love songs. While I still like LOVE again for what it is, I'd love to see Ayu go back to being experimental with her sound.

久しぶり〜

Old 5th August 2013, 03:14 PM
LIMIT Initiate

LOVE again
Old 18th August 2013, 07:01 PM
End of the World Initiate

I enjoyed more songs from FEEL than I do from LOVE again.

Tags
ayu, ayumi hamasaki, j-pop, j-pop queens, namie amuro