New single 'Dreamed a Dream' by Tetsuya Komuro out July 31st, 2020 - Page 24 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 7th August 2020, 01:05 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It's nice to see the song getting received well by random listeners in Japan! It seems like it reminds people of the 'older times' while still feeling fresh. Comparing Route 246 to Dreamed a Dream, someone said that Ayu's song was more like TM Network while the Nogizaki song was a bit more globe-like, which I kind of get.

Official audio on her channel is at around 176k at the moment and the "YouTube Audio" version is at 25k.

Last edited by truehappiness; 7th August 2020 at 01:21 AM.
Old 8th August 2020, 04:07 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by DavidChaiLatte View Post
This is the type of arrangement she should’ve gone with:

This is very good.
Old 9th August 2020, 01:23 AM
INSPIRE Initiate

This song is so nostalgic. And yeah, it's not one of her best tracks, but who cares, she got a whole pack of impecable ones. In fact it's good enough for me to enjoy a new Ayu release that I was longing for <3 <3 <3
Old 9th August 2020, 07:40 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

I wonder when the PV will be released?
Old 9th August 2020, 07:55 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

If there is one, maybe with the next album? If it's like Ohia no Ki though, maybe they'll film it before a-nation or just after?
Old 9th August 2020, 04:40 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chibi-Chan View Post
I agree. It really started after (miss)understood. It wasn't too bad in talkin' 2 myself and I'm still able to ignore it here. But even though I loved Mirror and was so excited for Mirrorcle World, I always found it way too noisy and I barely listen to it. It annoys the hell out of me. Same goes for Tell All. What really bothers me with those two as well as now with Dreamed a Dream: They could have been so damn great. They have exactly the kind of J-Pop sound I usually fall for. But they are all so noisy I avoid listening to them. It's a shame.
I tend to not think of it as going back quite that far, but maybe you guys are right. I remember the first track that it really screamed out to me was Party Queen itself. It was just soooo flat. And that continued for the next few albums. Then I thought Made in Japan got a lot better. Then it got worse again. Really, really weird. I also agree with truehappiness that this at least doesn't sound as bad as the Party Queen/Love Again era.
Old 9th August 2020, 05:05 PM
too late Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I tend to not think of it as going back quite that far, but maybe you guys are right. I remember the first track that it really screamed out to me was Party Queen itself. It was just soooo flat. And that continued for the next few albums. Then I thought Made in Japan got a lot better. Then it got worse again. Really, really weird. I also agree with truehappiness that this at least doesn't sound as bad as the Party Queen/Love Again era.
In the case of "Party queen" specific track, it's clear for me it was intentional. The whole atmosphere of the song is build to emphasize the feeling of "void" the album wants to imply. That "rose-coloured" and "golden" vibes are awkward and totally fake and that's why I really like that "emptiness" of the arrangement.

The mixing of the album isn't superb, of course, but in terms of artistic choice, I think I get what she was trying to convey with that album-opener track. It's like when you're so drunk (or high lol) that the sounds around us are getting blurred and empty, representing the sadness within her at the moment, even if she was partying hard.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Last edited by summerain; 9th August 2020 at 05:13 PM.
Old 9th August 2020, 05:24 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

It seems at least like the mixing got weird once Naoki Yamada 'replaced' her usual mixer entirely. IMO, that's when the levels of instrumentals and vocals started to get really bizarre and uneven. Before then, her songs may have been loud/busy/noisy but they were at least balanced which I think are both being conflated as the same problem. I don't think it was ever noticed before Party Queen onward because for the most part the same guy who knew what to do was working on her albums but now he's only back once in a while or for half of an album so it's a mixed bag. Party Queen especially as an album was weird because other than the next LOVE/Return Road, the rest of the album was mixed by foreigners. David Reitzas who did a bunch of songs on Love songs and progress did the best job there with how beautiful you are.

Last edited by truehappiness; 9th August 2020 at 05:33 PM.
Old 10th August 2020, 12:05 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:

WOW this is awesome!!
I just hope these talented remixers make the full version too
Old 10th August 2020, 12:07 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I guess they could always contact some of the remixers and provide them with means to make a full version perhaps!
Old 10th August 2020, 12:14 AM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I guess they could always contact some of the remixers and provide them with means to make a full version perhaps!
This would be very nice
I'd love an orchestra version of Ohia no Ki
Old 10th August 2020, 09:51 AM
End roll Initiate

Quote:

I can understand how people would prefer this, but it sounds devoid of artistic personality. The original arrangement sounds like a true Ayu song.

Mirrorcle World should never have been made. The original was perfect as an introduction.

Honestly I stopped listening to her music from Party Queen onwards (except for bits and pieces and recently discovering Love Again; I think that album’s supremely underrated). It’s only now that I find myself genuinely interested in Ayu’s musical output again. The last decade was a nadir.

Last edited by Uemarasan; 10th August 2020 at 09:53 AM.
Old 10th August 2020, 10:50 AM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Uemarasan View Post
Mirrorcle World should never have been made. The original was perfect as an introduction.
It turned out to be one of her best songs IMO, it was a great choice to make a full song.
Old 10th August 2020, 12:42 PM
my name's WOMEN Initiate

^but as much as I Love MW, I still think mirror has a better feeling.
Old 10th August 2020, 01:08 PM
opening Run Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by thinkingoutloud89 View Post
^but as much as I Love MW, I still think mirror has a better feeling.
I was absolutely obsessed with the song when it came out. My co-workers had to ask me to remove it from my ringtone, because they couldn't stand the "yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah-yeah" part.
Old 10th August 2020, 03:51 PM
Humming 7/4 Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
It turned out to be one of her best songs IMO, it was a great choice to make a full song.
This. I also used it as a ringtone (though it was the start of the song).

Also that arrangement - the idea was good, but the verses are super week it just doesn't work well with the song for some reason.

Follow me @njanjayrp

Old 10th August 2020, 03:57 PM
too late Initiate

I really loved Mirror when it was released, but after Mirrorcle World (one of her best records ever), it falls flat for me.

slow down, you won't get there by hurrying
gonna find out if the hard work was worth it
i know it's somewhere in me
i'm just tryna find love

Old 10th August 2020, 09:16 PM
LIMIT Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chris85 View Post
Completely agree with you, Mirrorcle world is one of my favorite ayu songs, I'm actually shocked people dislike it this much XD
Old 11th August 2020, 12:26 AM
(don't) Leave me alone Initiate

Wait there are actually people who don't like Mirrorcle world?
The song is definitely up there with some of my favorite ayu songs and I can't even listen to Mirror anymore, seems pointless.
Old 11th August 2020, 02:19 AM
Far away Initiate

Mirrorcle World is iconic, I love the final verse

Quote:
Originally Posted by summerain View Post
I really loved Mirror when it was released, but after Mirrorcle World (one of her best records ever), it falls flat for me.
I listened MW before I knew it was an extension of Mirror, and after I listened to it, I always felt it was kinda flat compared to MW.
Closed Thread

Tags
dreamed a dream, kazuyoshi shimomura, tetsuya komuro