'M(A)DE IN JAPAN' out June 29th + 2015 TA TOUR (TA ver.) - Page 16 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 19th May 2016, 05:31 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Hmm, I think of the new PVs, Lelio/XOXO were the most awkward. But Angel wasn't that fantastic either, just seemed like they put more of the budget on Angel while the others were filmed with like a handicam and GoPro they rented.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:20 AM
As if.. Initiate

In what universe is the XOXO PV better than Angle's?
At least the Angle PV had a somewhat decent concept and it's execution was what lead it to be terrible. But XOXO and Lelio were bad, especially considering that the songs were bops and deserved much better.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:29 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think back and Angel is cheesy but it's at least a bit of effort.

XOXO was like "???? SELFIE CAM???" while Lelio was like... European dancepop 90's exercise video, haha.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:32 AM
Who... Initiate

i actually like Lelio and Angel PVs as they are, Lelio brings some PlayStation dancegame into my mind but it's fun to watch. XOXO was horrible, overacting and Lico really pisses me off

Last edited by //ABEST; 19th May 2016 at 07:08 AM.
Old 19th May 2016, 06:37 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I think you could tell she was 'lost' during that era just by watching the PVs. Music was fantastic though as always.
Old 19th May 2016, 07:20 AM
Born To Be... Initiate

^ Oh come on. Ayu is alwaýs 'lost', but everything on Colours was all about having fun. She was not lost at all: she knew exactly what she wanted to do.

She worked with new people. She tried to do something else, because she simply liked it. It did not even matter to her if the public would love the new sound. She just did whatever she felt like. She did not expect it would charge high or that the album would sell well. And it didn't. But at least she got Colours in her discography.

Old 19th May 2016, 07:49 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

I understand that, but it was extremely obvious IMO that Colours was fun BUT it was because she was trying to run away from Japan that we got such an album.

I like the album, but it has "I am trying to avoid something" written all over it.

Quote:
I’ve slipped up many times. I’d feel depressed but crawl back up every time. But this time, only this time, I couldn’t fix myself. I had no excuses and I couldn’t shrug things off either. I think I wanted to reset somehow. I felt I could run away a little from the Ayumi Hamasaki who had done such a stupid thing by leaving Japan. But, in the end, I realized things aren’t that easy. I started living somewhere new, got a new partner and worked in the creatively blessed environment of LA. Gaining new inspiration from those things, I continued making my music. But it constantly felt like something was out of place. I decided to go back to Japan in order to figure out what was out of place —

You couldn’t be truly happy if you weren’t a slave to your music like when you were in Japan. You realized that is the most important thing to you?

That’s true. I feel I managed to express such a conviction in this year’s Midnight Circus tour. The decision “I won’t run away from here again. I’ll stay here forever.” From the moment I started creating Midnight Circus during last year’s Countdown Live, I plunged forward with Midnight Circus without any hesitation. I felt I had returned my former self. I could decide everything quickly. I hadn’t felt like that in a long time.
Translated by tenshi no hane.

Last edited by truehappiness; 19th May 2016 at 08:12 AM.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:04 AM
appears Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by xLuna&1LOVE View Post
^ Oh come on. Ayu is alwaýs 'lost', but everything on Colours was all about having fun. She was not lost at all: she knew exactly what she wanted to do.

She worked with new people. She tried to do something else, because she simply liked it. It did not even matter to her if the public would love the new sound. She just did whatever she felt like. She did not expect it would charge high or that the album would sell well. And it didn't. But at least she got Colours in her discography.
I loved the XOXO video. I thought the Lico parts were a bit cheesy, but it was a cute and fun PV. And the selfie cam bit was catchy. My only wish was that the selfie cam had been done in the club, and that there was some transition between a scene camera and the selfie cam (similar to how they did NaNaNa).

-> <-
Old 19th May 2016, 08:41 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
I understand that, but it was extremely obvious IMO that Colours was fun BUT it was because she was trying to run away from Japan that we got such an album.

I like the album, but it has "I am trying to avoid something" written all over it.

Translated by tenshi no hane.
Still believe this is just her saying what her fandom wanted to hear...

http://stan-wars.com/1989.html

I live around AHS (Ayumi Haters Sekai)

Old 19th May 2016, 08:42 AM
A Song for XX Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by MessiahofSilence View Post
In what universe is the XOXO PV better than Angle's?
At least the Angle PV had a somewhat decent concept and it's execution was what lead it to be terrible. But XOXO and Lelio were bad, especially considering that the songs were bops and deserved much better.

Hm I don't know. Maybe I feel that way because I don't like the song itself at all. The chorus from Angel is a pain for me to listen to and with those angels "appearing" when she sings it... it's so awkward. But you're right, XOXO PV is also embarrassing as hell. Now when I think about it I cannot decide which one is the more awkward one but at least I like listening to XOXO and that makes the PV for me more bearable.

I enjoy the Lelio PV though. I think that Ayu had a lot of fun while shooting it and it totally rubs off on me while watching But yes, all in all Colours PV's were a mess and clearly deserved better.
Old 19th May 2016, 08:46 AM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

It was the first time she went on directing pvs, even if with the help of more people that have no experience on it. The final result obviously wouldn't be perfect, but it's easier for her to have insight on the direction of other people once she did it herself sometimes.

Old 19th May 2016, 08:53 AM
Because of You Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Zeke. View Post
I know but even the chances of that are slim, as you said it rarely happen in J-pop. I mean half the time avex sinks all this money into Ayu traveling somewhere to shoot something or even to record and it always turns out to be a huge waste of money, imo. They could stretch those dollars further if they just stayed within the confines of Japan or even Tokyo and focused on quality.

i have to agree on that with you. Like the only cover that actually have ever blew my mind and to this day makes me go "wow" was RAINBOW.

also the pics she's been sharing are from the tour phamplet down to the last one we got with Breakdown lyrics. Just saw some pics on facebook.
Old 19th May 2016, 09:00 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andrenekoi View Post
It was the first time she went on directing pvs, even if with the help of more people that have no experience on it. The final result obviously wouldn't be perfect, but it's easier for her to have insight on the direction of other people once she did it herself sometimes.
I think it was more of a "let's all direct the PVs" so the dancers were also part of it which is why it was directed by "A TEAM" or whatever.

IMO, she could probably direct some pretty badass PVs on her own but there was probably a shoestring budget for these PVs on top of a few other voices being part of the fray.
Old 19th May 2016, 02:35 PM
ayu trance Initiate

Quote:
To me it's more a question of inspiration mixed with bad execution and a lack of perfectionisme I mean when we look at the RULE making of it's her who give nearly all the directives and the final result is billions times better ... She also gives the directives for the MV of WARNING and the result is quite decent even if nothing really happen at least it looks profesionnal when you look at it IMO !

My Website Twitter Last.Fm
Old 19th May 2016, 05:22 PM
Daybreak Guardian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
"I’m no longer scared of anything
and that’s the only thing that really scares me
-Breakdown-"
I just love this so much.
Old 19th May 2016, 05:57 PM
Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aderianu View Post
"I’m no longer scared of anything
and that’s the only thing that really scares me
-Breakdown-"

this is so perfect

"If I do, will you come away with me?"
"Yes."

Old 19th May 2016, 06:05 PM
winding road H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Hmm, I think of the new PVs, Lelio/XOXO were the most awkward. But Angel wasn't that fantastic either, just seemed like they put more of the budget on Angel while the others were filmed with like a handicam and GoPro they rented.
Tbh Angel's PV bothers me way more than Lelio or XOXO...

Old 19th May 2016, 06:36 PM
HAPPY ENDING Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by mizuki-7 View Post
To me it's more a question of inspiration mixed with bad execution and a lack of perfectionisme I mean when we look at the RULE making of it's her who give nearly all the directives and the final result is billions times better ... She also gives the directives for the MV of WARNING and the result is quite decent even if nothing really happen at least it looks profesionnal when you look at it IMO !
Giving all the directives and actually knowing what angles to film, what light looks better, how to better put the right rythmn on the video, etc, etc, etc are very different things. Anyone can choose from pre-made options from a professional or describe to the professional what they want to convey until the professional gets to the desired point. Doing it all by yourself it's a whole different thing.

Knowing how you want your cake to taste and look like doesn't make you able to bake the cake yourself.

That being said, I do like the video for XOXO and find Lelio to be so bad it's fun. But I only like 1/5 of Ayu'd PVs.

Old 19th May 2016, 06:53 PM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by pimenta View Post
Tbh Angel's PV bothers me way more than Lelio or XOXO...
I'm thinking of it from a general perspective and not really talking about personal preference. Angel's PV looks like they tried to do something (and failed) while for XOXO / Lelio, it was kinda just "HEY WOO LET'S DO SOMETHING".
Old 19th May 2016, 06:58 PM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Still believe this is just her saying what her fandom wanted to hear...
I tend to agree. Musically I thought Colours was a good, new direction for her to be expanding towards. But yeah, the PVs for it are just embarrassing to watch.
Closed Thread

Tags
浜崎 あゆみ, 浜崎あゆみ, m(a)de in japan, made in japan