[Charts & Rankings] Days/GREEN ORICON SALES THREAD - Page 5 - Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai
· Ayu's Official Site · Ayu's twitter · Ayu's YouTube · masa's translations · Misa-chan's translations ·

Go Back   Ayumi Hamasaki Sekai > Ayumi Hamasaki Forums > Ayu Music News

Notices

Closed Thread

Old 17th December 2008, 11:54 PM
ayu trance Initiate

thats good its done well on its first day

Old 17th December 2008, 11:59 PM
Banned

I have been hoping that GREEN/Days will be ayu's... "come-back single"
I hope so!!! I am going to post some translations of those charts later today...
Old 18th December 2008, 12:38 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I'm not sure if I could imagine Ayu not toping the charts (maybe not no. 1 all the time, but at least the top 10). I think if her no.1 single streak were to break, I would ignore the oricon charts from here on out lol.

New Ayu single? = yay!
New Ayu single ranking? = Don't care...

Not saying that if Ayu isn't no.1 all the time it's not important. But I miss the ignorant bliss of never knowing how much she sold or whether or not she was number one... I just enjoyed the music... I want to go back to those times ^^; GUILTY kind of killed that for me lol.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:51 AM
theme of a-nation '03 Initiate

I browse around Seiko's ranking after the no.1 streak was gone. I can tell you that the rankings were horrible. For her next 10 singles, only 2 or 3 were in the top 10s. I am pretty shocked by that..

Edit: Here are the 10 singles after the last no. 1 streak from seiko:
Precious Heart - No. 2
THE RIGHT COMBINATION - No. 28
We Are Love - No. 16
きっと、また逢える… - No. 4
あなたのすべてになりたい/Shinin' Shinin' - No. 31
大切なあなた - No. 7
A Touch of Destiny - No. 51
かこわれて、愛jing - No. 63
もう一度、初めから - No. 22
輝いた季節へ旅立とう - No. 12

So... between 1989 - 1994... Her singles' rankings were like that. I dun want ayu to be like that... It's just... horrible..

Edit 2: She did reclaim some former glory for a short bit of time. At least during 1996 or 1997, she got two no.5, and even a no. 1... But then she's back to no. 22 or less...

Last edited by bluegie; 18th December 2008 at 01:10 AM.
Old 18th December 2008, 12:58 AM
WONDERLAND Initiate

Congratulations Ayu on your sales!~! You too, BUCK-TICK!~! <--- So glad you're back
Old 18th December 2008, 01:03 AM
walking proud Initiate

I never start celebrating until the second day sales come out.

I'm just waiting for the day though that Avex announces a single release date and then boom, surprise, a week later Arashi, or Kattun, or Mr. Children etc etc announce they are going to release something the same week and then watch as Avex has a heartattack at the thought of Ayu losing her #1. (they would maybe even switch her release date.)

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th December 2008 at 01:07 AM.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:07 AM
WE WISH Initiate

YAY!! number one !! I hope her sales stay constant !!
Old 18th December 2008, 01:11 AM
Greatful days Initiate

Great sales~ You guy Ayu!
Old 18th December 2008, 01:14 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by SunshineSlayer View Post
I'm just waiting for the day though that Avex announces a single release date and then boom, surprise, a week later Arashi, or Kattun, or Mr. Children etc etc announce they are going to release something the same week and then watch as Avex has a heartattack at the thought of Ayu losing her #1. (they would maybe even switch her release date.)
They never will do that UNLESS someone else (like i said, a new artist, just like SCS?) kicks ayu off from no. 1. B'z will never battle Mr. Children, KinKi Kids will never battle NEWS (they do have no. 1 streak), Mr. Children won't battle ayu, ayu won't battle KinKi Kids. I believe the music companies have mutual understanding of "how to keep the no. 1 streak"...
Old 18th December 2008, 01:17 AM
ayu-mi-x Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by bluegie View Post
They never will do that UNLESS someone else (like i said, a new artist, just like SCS?) kicks ayu off from no. 1. B'z will never battle Mr. Children, KinKi Kids will never battle NEWS (they do have no. 1 streak), Mr. Children won't battle ayu, ayu won't battle KinKi Kids. I believe the music companies have mutual understanding of "how to keep the no. 1 streak"...
Except when Distance and A BEST were up against each other :x. I think that's everyone's fear again.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:19 AM
JEWEL Initiate

Quote:
I browse around Seiko's ranking after the no.1 streak was gone. I can tell you that the rankings were horrible. For her next 10 singles, only 2 or 3 were in the top 10s. I am pretty shocked by that..

Edit: Here are the 10 singles after the last no. 1 streak from seiko:
Precious Heart - No. 2
THE RIGHT COMBINATION - No. 28
We Are Love - No. 16
きっと、また逢える… - No. 4
あなたのすべてになりたい/Shinin' Shinin' - No. 31
大切なあなた - No. 7
A Touch of Destiny - No. 51
かこわれて、愛jing - No. 63
もう一度、初めから - No. 22
輝いた季節へ旅立とう - No. 12

So... between 1989 - 1994... Her singles' rankings were like that. I dun want ayu to be like that... It's just... horrible..

Edit 2: She did reclaim some former glory for a short bit of time. At least during 1996 or 1997, she got two no.5, and even a no. 1... But then she's back to no. 22 or less...
Ouch!....... I hope that NEVER happens to Ayu

At least not for a long... LONG time...

How does Ayu compare to Seiko with her 44th single? Was Seiko still number one at that point?
Old 18th December 2008, 01:20 AM
RED LINE ~for TA~ Initiate

cool...i forgot how much i guessed it would get...

it was either 160k or 180k or 168...or...hmm...

☆ bunnnniiiieeeesssss ☆

- The "New Artists You're Trying Out" Thread -

don't forget to spread the kuu

Old 18th December 2008, 01:29 AM

Quote:
Originally Posted by Aozora View Post
Except when Distance and A BEST were up against each other :x. I think that's everyone's fear again.
That was another story. Back then avex used that as a stepping stone to push ayu to the very top of the game. Before that no one would compare hikki and ayu together. To be honest, ayu wasn't on par with hikki back then. If there wasn't A BEST vs. Distance, I don't think people would notice that ayu could actually battle against hikki. Even tho she lost on the first week and in overall, still it's pretty amazing to see that she could get 2.8 (or 2.9?) million copies on the first week, while over 4 million copies overall.

Now, both of them has built up their own statues, I don't think they will ever make hikki vs. ayu on single charts. HOWEVER, there's a possibility that will occur on album chart since ayu's no. 1 streak for that section is broken already. It won't be that harmful to battle hikki again. Again the chance is pretty low, and I dun think it can stir up that mess they produced back in 2001.

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
Ouch!....... I hope that NEVER happens to Ayu

At least not for a long... LONG time...

How does Ayu compare to Seiko with her 44th single? Was Seiko still number one at that point?
Well, Precious Heart was Seiko's 27th single. So Seiko has a different story. She got her first no. 1 when she released her 3rd single.. Ayu didn't get no. 1 until probly the 7th. Plus out of 29 no.1s, only 16 have been consecutive (damn, avex shouldn't release Daybreak... or else she would have at least 7 more consecutive singles from evolution --> A song is born).

By the time Seiko has released her 44th single (according to wiki JPN), she did got two no. 5s and a no. 1 (I mentioned above), but then there were lots with no. 2X, no. 3X, etc.. So technically her chart rankings were quite bad...

Last edited by bluegie; 18th December 2008 at 01:37 AM.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:30 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by jbrat2219 View Post
You can't really compare the two because Ayumi released on a faster schedule. Seiko's first single was in 1980; her 44th in 1997. You should instead compare the singles that they each had in their 10th year - but even that you can't really do because that was the year Seiko decided to debut in America That's also pretty much the main reason for her large drop in the singles chart. Her last number 1 was just before she focused on America in 90/91.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th December 2008 at 01:39 AM.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:32 AM
JEWEL Initiate

I would have loved to have seen the daily charting for those albums back then!!!

First day - 1.2 Million
Second day - 800,000
Third Day - 500,000

etc etc... hahahaha

Quote:
You can't really compare the two because Ayumi released on a faster schedule. Seiko's first single was in 1980; her 44th in 1997.
Oh I see, I was just wondering if she was still number one or anything... to see how Ayu might fare over the next few singles. But I guess since Ayu does release at a crazy rate, you can't compare...

Last edited by jbrat2219; 18th December 2008 at 01:46 AM.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:42 AM

Quote:
You can't really compare the two because Ayumi released on a faster schedule. Seiko's first single was in 1980; her 44th in 1997. You should instead compare the singles that they each had in their 10th year - but even that you can't really do because that was the year Seiko decided to debut in America That's also pretty much the main reason for her large drop in the singles chart. Her last number 1 in 1990 was just before she focused on America in 90/91.
I quite agree. That's what I'm fear as well... Once ayu's streak is finished, probly she will be focused on Asia, US, etc... tbh, how many asian artists is successful in English speaking countries??

Also, probly sounds a bit harsh to Seiko... I certainly hope that ayu will not act like a cute 20s when she is hitting 40s. I dunno if Seiko is still using that cute image rite now or not, but back in a few years ago she really horrified me...
Old 18th December 2008, 01:48 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:

Also, probly sounds a bit harsh to Seiko... I certainly hope that ayu will not act like a cute 20s when she is hitting 40s. I dunno if Seiko is still using that cute image rite now or not, but back in a few years ago she really horrified me...
haha, I agree. I like some of Seiko's songs, but really she's never been a big favorite of mine. I would ultimately choose her rival Akina Nakamori between the two.
Old 18th December 2008, 01:54 AM
ANGEL'S SONG H-Initiate

Didn't Kanjani 8 go up against HEAVEN? I think that was one of the rare times when an Ayu single went up against JE..
Old 18th December 2008, 02:04 AM
JEWEL Initiate

^ And she came out of it alive? Kudos to Ayu! But HEAVEN is a really good song, I'm not surprised...
Old 18th December 2008, 02:06 AM
walking proud Initiate

Quote:
Originally Posted by truehappiness View Post
Didn't Kanjani 8 go up against HEAVEN? I think that was one of the rare times when an Ayu single went up against JE..
I think it did, but I'm not 100% sure. Of course at that time though Kanjani didn't sell as high as they do now.

Last edited by SunshineSlayer; 18th December 2008 at 02:09 AM.
Closed Thread

Tags
128k smash!, days, green, oricon